Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,819 members, 7,817,383 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:19 AM

Ambode’s 100 Bus-stop Shelters Are Springing Up In Lagos (see PHOTOS) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ambode’s 100 Bus-stop Shelters Are Springing Up In Lagos (see PHOTOS) (46716 Views)

Fully Air Conditioned Bus Stop Shelters In Dubai (Photos) / This Will Be The 3rd Flyover Bridge Built By Ambode In Lagos (see PHOTOS) / Ambode’s New Bus Stop Shelters: Can They Stand The Test Of Time? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ambode’s 100 Bus-stop Shelters Are Springing Up In Lagos (see PHOTOS) by NLbully(m): 2:49pm On Aug 02, 2018
Why can't the whole Nigeria states just be like dz
Re: Ambode’s 100 Bus-stop Shelters Are Springing Up In Lagos (see PHOTOS) by Nobody: 2:50pm On Aug 02, 2018
If Lagos is serious about being a world class city, then these mediocre projects must stop.

There are solar-powered bus shelters with LCD displays in the market. The LCD displays can even be used to generate revenue from advertising and for public announcements. Why weren't those installed?

Why build these basic sun sheds as though we are in the farm and we need shelter from the sun? With so much cash, why can't Ambode think outside the box?

I'm not impressed! This is not the type of development we want.

I think Lagos can do better than this. Ambode should try harder.
Re: Ambode’s 100 Bus-stop Shelters Are Springing Up In Lagos (see PHOTOS) by Prokaryote: 2:55pm On Aug 02, 2018
6 month from now it will turn to rag. I just pray its well maintained and accommodate more seat. Please my able Governor Ambode, Lagos has never been this dirty since my birth. #Dosomething#
Re: Ambode’s 100 Bus-stop Shelters Are Springing Up In Lagos (see PHOTOS) by brainworkng: 2:56pm On Aug 02, 2018
And creating a bustop is an achievement...how does the bustop better the lifes of lagosians. Mr Governor work on the water-ways to ease traffic congestions and stop wasting tax payers' money undecided undecided

3 Likes

Re: Ambode’s 100 Bus-stop Shelters Are Springing Up In Lagos (see PHOTOS) by skallion7(m): 2:57pm On Aug 02, 2018
YurFatHer:
be careful o
what, look at you are celebrating. No wonder this a third world shithole

2 Likes

Re: Ambode’s 100 Bus-stop Shelters Are Springing Up In Lagos (see PHOTOS) by skallion7(m): 2:58pm On Aug 02, 2018
namet:
If Lagos is serious about being a world class city, then these mediocre projects must stop.

There are solar-powered bus shelters with LCD displays in the market. The LCD displays can even be used to generate revenue from advertising and for public announcements. Why weren't those installed?

Why build these basic sun sheds as though we are in the farm and we need shelter from the sun? With so much cash, why can't Ambode think outside the box?

I'm not impressed! This is not the type of development we want.

I think Lagos can do better than this. Ambode should try harder.
Dont mind them, Nigerians celebrating mediocrity since time immemorial

2 Likes

Re: Ambode’s 100 Bus-stop Shelters Are Springing Up In Lagos (see PHOTOS) by OboOlora(f): 2:59pm On Aug 02, 2018
Metuh:
Bus stop governor. grin
Hahahaha u de craze o. C as u don make me laff pour ketchup for cleavage
Re: Ambode’s 100 Bus-stop Shelters Are Springing Up In Lagos (see PHOTOS) by BabaO2: 3:00pm On Aug 02, 2018
autojosh:
In order to transform public transportation in Lagos, the Governor Akinwunmi-led Lagos state government had set aside a N30 billion sinking fund.

This is in line with the determination of the governor to change the transportation landscape with infrastructure that would support the commuting needs of over 20 million inhabitants of the state.

The new reform in the transport sector also include a grand design in the state Bus Reform Programme. This is expected to redefine the commuting experience of Lagos commuters.

In addition to the construction of transport infrastructure in Lagos, there is a an ongoing plan by the Ambode administration to introduce about 5000 brand new buses before the end of the year.

Another key component of that plan is the construction of 100 modern bu bus-stops shelters on major public transport corridors in the state.

These modern bus-stop shelters have been completed in many part of the state.

The construction firm of Planet Projects Limited is handling the construction of the 100 bus shelters

The design of the bus shelter and media was done and provided by JCDecaux Grace Lake.

The Lagos Metropolitan Area Transport Authority (LAMATA) is the supervising agency for the project.

https://autojosh.com/ambodes-100-bus-stop-shelters-are-springing-up-in-lagos-see-photos/

L
But why are they installing seats at the bus stops, miscreants/criminals will turn it to beds/relaxing spots mostly at odd hours which poses serious security threat to unsuspecting individuals

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambode’s 100 Bus-stop Shelters Are Springing Up In Lagos (see PHOTOS) by SAMBARRY: 3:00pm On Aug 02, 2018
If you want to build a place like this, it's a good idea but you have to make sure market men/women don't flood the place almost inhibiting people from standing peacefully by placing their wares where people should be standing. That includes street beggars and pick pockets or I'm looking for transport fare to go for an interview story tellers
Re: Ambode’s 100 Bus-stop Shelters Are Springing Up In Lagos (see PHOTOS) by SAMBARRY: 3:02pm On Aug 02, 2018
BabaO2:
But why are they installing seats at the bus stops, miscreants/criminals will turn it to beds/relaxing spots mostly at odd hours which poses serious security threat to unsuspecting individuals
exactly. They have to man that place with security otherwise it will become another joint for hooligans to smoke weed and play ludo or sleep or even for fake or original Mad Men /women
Re: Ambode’s 100 Bus-stop Shelters Are Springing Up In Lagos (see PHOTOS) by Kingstanding: 3:08pm On Aug 02, 2018
imran147:
A bus stop that contain only four seat for lagosian ....have u ever been to europe mr ambode?
. Know what you are going to say. A bus stop is not a conference hall where you will hàve hundred seats OK. Birmingham is the largest second city in UK their bus stop hardly have more that ten seats even some have no seat OK. Go to Holland same thing happened there OK. Try to appreciate good thing

2 Likes

Re: Ambode’s 100 Bus-stop Shelters Are Springing Up In Lagos (see PHOTOS) by Teejay13(m): 3:12pm On Aug 02, 2018
well done job
Re: Ambode’s 100 Bus-stop Shelters Are Springing Up In Lagos (see PHOTOS) by Sleekfingers: 3:14pm On Aug 02, 2018
deebsman1:
Ambode is trying but he should come and fix many of the inner roads especially on the mainland.

Inner roads are your local government chairman responsibilities.
Re: Ambode’s 100 Bus-stop Shelters Are Springing Up In Lagos (see PHOTOS) by sirsegsky(m): 3:16pm On Aug 02, 2018
tecno camon c9 for sale for just 27k at festac, satellite town lagos

contact me on 08142146983
Re: Ambode’s 100 Bus-stop Shelters Are Springing Up In Lagos (see PHOTOS) by naijalander: 3:24pm On Aug 02, 2018
this autojosh guy na very fullish human being oo

skallion7:
Re: Ambode’s 100 Bus-stop Shelters Are Springing Up In Lagos (see PHOTOS) by Dumetroniks: 3:24pm On Aug 02, 2018
Nice relaxation spots waiting for job posters and church banners.

Meanwhile I got Iphone 6 16gb for giveway price 54k. Reach at Signature

Re: Ambode’s 100 Bus-stop Shelters Are Springing Up In Lagos (see PHOTOS) by Nobody: 3:29pm On Aug 02, 2018
Akinlady:
PLEASE let's tell him that Lagos is still dirty and stinking. Debris all over markets and roadsides is so Ďisgusting
Who puts the debris there?

2 Likes

Re: Ambode’s 100 Bus-stop Shelters Are Springing Up In Lagos (see PHOTOS) by Egein(m): 3:35pm On Aug 02, 2018
Just yesterday, I witnessed a mad man sleeping on the brand new bus shelter at Eleganza bus stop (Oluwanisola) on Lekki road
Re: Ambode’s 100 Bus-stop Shelters Are Springing Up In Lagos (see PHOTOS) by YurFatHer: 3:36pm On Aug 02, 2018
skallion7:
pls, calm down. you r confusing me with dis ur grammer
Re: Ambode’s 100 Bus-stop Shelters Are Springing Up In Lagos (see PHOTOS) by deebsman1(m): 3:39pm On Aug 02, 2018
Sleekfingers:

But in all states, all the state governors has hijacked LG funds all in the name of operating joint accounts
Re: Ambode’s 100 Bus-stop Shelters Are Springing Up In Lagos (see PHOTOS) by Kaycee9242(m): 3:46pm On Aug 02, 2018
Dt person complaining of okokomaiko been dustbin, Dt place follow for Lagos? Ppl can never be satisfied
Re: Ambode’s 100 Bus-stop Shelters Are Springing Up In Lagos (see PHOTOS) by Carlyboi(m): 3:50pm On Aug 02, 2018
Dumetroniks:
Nice relaxation spots waiting for job posters and church banners.

Meanwhile I got Iphone 6 16gb for giveway price 54k. Reach at Signature
. Giveaway?54k!Really!
Re: Ambode’s 100 Bus-stop Shelters Are Springing Up In Lagos (see PHOTOS) by RexTramadol1: 3:53pm On Aug 02, 2018
OboOlora:

Hahahaha u de craze o. C as u don make me laff pour ketchup for cleavage

I can elp u clean it up for free wink

Sleekfingers:

Lagos started having Local govt chairmen last year

So, the guy is still guided biko....the state govt was in direct control of LG resources prior to Lagos LG polls

All in all I still like my friend, Ambode
Re: Ambode’s 100 Bus-stop Shelters Are Springing Up In Lagos (see PHOTOS) by gbeseun(m): 4:06pm On Aug 02, 2018
Nahum777:
Lagos is now a dustbin under Ambode. Go to Okokomaiko, Igbo elerin etc and see how the whole place looks like a refuse dump. Lawma doesn't go to that area anymore and I don't even know if Lawma still exists. Tell Ambode to bring back Lawma before Lagosians throw refuse everywhere and make Lagos look like a home of pigs. I cringe whenever I drive through Iyanja Isashi- Iyana-Iba and when I drive from Igbo elerin - First gate enroute Ikeja, it's even worse. The whole road is filled with waste and nobody is packing it. Nothing like this happened under Fashola...
See you
Have you been to lekki and ajah?are we not having same human being there.see how those places are clean and meat but your area remains dirty as if only animals reside there.okoko my foot
Re: Ambode’s 100 Bus-stop Shelters Are Springing Up In Lagos (see PHOTOS) by ciggy000(m): 4:09pm On Aug 02, 2018
do we have the maintenance culture to sustain such infrastructure

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Aerial View Of Lagos Metrol Rail And The Marina Train Station / 5 Interesting Things About South Africa Most People Don’t Know / Canada Closed Work Permit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.