Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,114 members, 7,814,913 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:06 PM

BREAKING: Apple Becomes 1st Private Company Worth $1 Trillion - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / BREAKING: Apple Becomes 1st Private Company Worth $1 Trillion (17115 Views)

Like Apple, Amazon Hits $1 Trillion Valuation / Apple Becomes 1st Private Company Worth $1 Trillion / World's Richest Became ₦360 Trillion Richer In 2017(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING: Apple Becomes 1st Private Company Worth $1 Trillion by romeoetin(m): 8:54pm On Aug 02, 2018
Apple became the first private company to surpass $1 trillion in stock market value Thursday following its latest surge after reporting strong quarterly earnings.

Shares of Apple briefly hit $207.05 in late-morning trading, before retreating somewhat. The gains came after the iPhone maker reported strong earnings late Tuesday that prompted a two-day rally in the share price.

The company’s stock was at $205.98, up 2.2 percent near 1555 GMT. Apple said it currently has 4.83 billion shares outstanding.

(AFP)

Source : https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/punchng.com/breaking-apple-becomes-1st-private-company-worth-1-trillion/amp/

6 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Apple Becomes 1st Private Company Worth $1 Trillion by adeniyi3971(m): 8:57pm On Aug 02, 2018
Apple Apple... one of the best investments in recent time

27 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Apple Becomes 1st Private Company Worth $1 Trillion by LuciferChristi: 8:59pm On Aug 02, 2018
A front for the United States government's loot.

Time will expose all...

11 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Apple Becomes 1st Private Company Worth $1 Trillion by Donald95(m): 9:16pm On Aug 02, 2018
LuciferChristi:
A front for the United States government's loot.

Time will expose all...

lol.
What have your corruption fighter achieved? Running down companies with stupid economic policies? Driving away investors? SMH

You need Jesus

Mynd44 Lalasticlala Seun abeg come and see what this comedian is saying

*modified

Poster below referring to my signature, I don't reply hate with love neither do I pray for my enermies to live and torment me (Am not daft). If you hate me, I will hate you, if you condemn me, I will condemn you, if you try to kill me, I will kill you first. Until Christians all over the world starts thinking like me, those uncircumcised mofos will never stop hiding under Terrorists to spread their Religion

61 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BREAKING: Apple Becomes 1st Private Company Worth $1 Trillion by ollah2: 5:32am On Aug 03, 2018
[b]This is magnificent feat nonetheless. Steve Wozniak would have had crazy worth if he didn't sell his shares in the early 90s and Steve Jobs would have been the richest man on earth if he was still alive.

Microsoft(Bill Gates) could be in a corner wondering, what if I didn't help Apple with my money when it almost folded up. 

Some Apple fans/users will use this as bragging rights despite not having any shares with the company. 

Kudos to Apple but they need to be innovative again after years of playing catch up to the competition. Amazon should be next, this is the effect of capitalist system and evasion of tax. The rich gets richer 

P.S Petrochina did hit one trillion dollars first and that was over a decade ago.

P.S.S The poster above me, you really don't need that bigotry signature. God isn't religious and heaven isnt made for Christians alone. There's more to life than practicing either of these foreign religions, live and let's live.

Wow!! It's a very funny thing Muslims are terrorists and Islam promotes terrorism when a Muslims commits it but same logic can't be used when it involves Christians. Here are some Christian terrorists that killed for Christianity; Darren Osbourne, Timmy kinner, Oscar morel, Alexandre Bissonnette, Timothy McVeigh, et al. Until you know that terrorism, crime et al has no religion, you begin to take humanity first.. You also need to know religion is a divisive tool, it promotes division. You are already broken and you should fix yourself

Remember, humanity first.

[/b]

88 Likes 5 Shares

Re: BREAKING: Apple Becomes 1st Private Company Worth $1 Trillion by SokoDobo: 5:36am On Aug 03, 2018
That was expected.

Meanwhile, check my signature for an investment opportunity in a promising tech startup.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Apple Becomes 1st Private Company Worth $1 Trillion by qanda: 7:25am On Aug 03, 2018
Wow
Re: BREAKING: Apple Becomes 1st Private Company Worth $1 Trillion by DanielsParker(m): 7:26am On Aug 03, 2018
nice

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Apple Becomes 1st Private Company Worth $1 Trillion by DarkMagic(m): 7:26am On Aug 03, 2018
Wetin we gain if we no get this money?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BREAKING: Apple Becomes 1st Private Company Worth $1 Trillion by coolcharm(m): 7:26am On Aug 03, 2018
That's larger than the economy of west, east and central Africa bundled together.

Steve Jobs will be turning in his grave now

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Apple Becomes 1st Private Company Worth $1 Trillion by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:26am On Aug 03, 2018
#RESPECT

It's no news that Apple has reached $1 trillion market value, making it the first US company to achieve this feat. To help you understand what this means, here are some sets of combinations of large companies you need to combine to make one Apple.

Set 1
1. ExxonMobil - $344.1
2. Chevron - $248.1
3. Samsung Electronics - $325.9
4. Total S.A - $168

Set 2
1. Procter & Gamble - $184.5
2. BP - $152.6
3. Unilever - $155.8
4. Coca-Cola - $179.3
5. Bank of China - $158.6
6. McDonald's - $129.9

Set 3
1. IBM - $132.3
2. General Electric - $126.8
3. Philip Morris International - $126.2
4. Bank of America - $313.5
5. Walmart - $246.2

Set 4
1. Amazon.com - $777.8
2. Toyota Motor - $200.7

Set 5
1. 3M - $121.8
2. British American Tobacco - $120
3. Adobe Systems - $119.1
4. Royal Bank of Canada - $113.4
5. Siemens - $112.5
6. China Merchants Bank - $112.4
7. AIA Group - $111.4
8. Nike - $110.3
9. Honeywell International - $110.1

We don't know how many companies in Nigeria we can put together to arrive at that amount.
We won't want to grow old here typing that.
Even 100 Dangote Group of Companies no reach!
Okay bye!

90 Likes 11 Shares

Re: BREAKING: Apple Becomes 1st Private Company Worth $1 Trillion by damola1: 7:26am On Aug 03, 2018
My money dey there
Re: BREAKING: Apple Becomes 1st Private Company Worth $1 Trillion by Nobody: 7:26am On Aug 03, 2018
Good for them
Re: BREAKING: Apple Becomes 1st Private Company Worth $1 Trillion by Benjaniblinks(m): 7:27am On Aug 03, 2018
Money Dey O
shanequeen:
so what you're saying now is that Apple can buy Togo, Congo and Gambia without thinking twice

check my signature
Buy And Roof Nigeria Join.

10 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Apple Becomes 1st Private Company Worth $1 Trillion by Emmafe(m): 7:28am On Aug 03, 2018
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

For Samsung phones check my Signature
Re: BREAKING: Apple Becomes 1st Private Company Worth $1 Trillion by classicfrank4u(m): 7:30am On Aug 03, 2018
shanequeen:
so what you're saying now is that Apple can buy Togo, Congo and Gambia without thinking twice

check my signature
yes,even ur village pple

16 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Apple Becomes 1st Private Company Worth $1 Trillion by tiwiex(m): 7:31am On Aug 03, 2018
ollah2:
This is magnificent feat nonetheless. Steve Wozniak would have had crazy worth if he didn't sell his shares in the early 90s and Steve Jobs would have been the richest man on earth if he was still alive. Microsoft(Bill Gates) could be in a corner wondering, what if I didn't help Apple with my money when it almost folded up. 

Some Apple fans/users will use this as bragging rights despite not having any shares with the company. 

Kudos to Apple but they need to be innovative again after years to playing catch up. Amazon should be next, this is the effect of capitalist system. The rich gets richer 

P.S Petrochina did hit one trillion dollars first and that was over a decade ago.

P.S.S The poster above me, you really don't need that bigotry signature. God isn't religious and heaven isnt made for Christians alone. There's more to life than practicing either of these foreign religions, live and let's live.

Petrochina sounds like government owned.

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Apple Becomes 1st Private Company Worth $1 Trillion by itiswellandwell: 7:32am On Aug 03, 2018
This is indeed a great feat! Weldone Apple.

Cheap Samsung phones. Check my signature.
Re: BREAKING: Apple Becomes 1st Private Company Worth $1 Trillion by Pavore9: 7:32am On Aug 03, 2018
The greatest resource is the human mind.....see intellectual wealth. cool

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BREAKING: Apple Becomes 1st Private Company Worth $1 Trillion by BedLam: 7:32am On Aug 03, 2018
ollah2:
This is magnificent feat nonetheless. Steve Wozniak would have had crazy worth if he didn't sell his shares in the early 90s and Steve Jobs would have been the richest man on earth if he was still alive. [b]Microsoft(Bill Gates) could be in a corner wondering, what if I didn't help Apple with my money when it almost folded up. 

Kudos to Apple but they need to be innovative again after years to playing catch up. Amazon should be next, this is the effect of capitalist system. The rich gets richer 

[/b]
The whites don't think ike this! This is the bane of most black people. A win for one is a win for all.

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Apple Becomes 1st Private Company Worth $1 Trillion by BedLam: 7:33am On Aug 03, 2018
tiwiex:

Petrochina sounds like government owned.
Yes is it. Reason why this post said private. That dude missed it.

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Apple Becomes 1st Private Company Worth $1 Trillion by toluxa1(m): 7:33am On Aug 03, 2018
smiley
Re: BREAKING: Apple Becomes 1st Private Company Worth $1 Trillion by ollah2: 7:37am On Aug 03, 2018
BedLam:
The whites don't think ike this! This is the bane of most black people. A win for one is a win for all.

Sure I know but regardless it could still come to their minds
Re: BREAKING: Apple Becomes 1st Private Company Worth $1 Trillion by Gerrard59(m): 7:38am On Aug 03, 2018
post=69941468:
#RESPECT

It's no news that Apple has reached $1 trillion market value, making it the first US company to achieve this feat. To help you understand what this means, here are some sets of combinations of large companies you need to combine to make one Apple.

Set 1
1. ExxonMobil - $344.1
2. Chevron - $248.1
3. Samsung Electronics - $325.9
4. Total S.A - $168

Set 2
1. Procter & Gamble - $184.5
2. BP - $152.6
3. Unilever - $155.8
4. Coca-Cola - $179.3
5. Bank of China - $158.6
6. McDonald's - $129.9

Set 3
1. IBM - $132.3
2. General Electric - $126.8
3. Philip Morris International - $126.2
4. Bank of America - $313.5
5. Walmart - $246.2

Set 4
1. Amazon.com - $777.8
2. Toyota Motor - $200.7

Set 5
1. 3M - $121.8
2. British American Tobacco - $120
3. Adobe Systems - $119.1
4. Royal Bank of Canada - $113.4
5. Siemens - $112.5
6. China Merchants Bank - $112.4
7. AIA Group - $111.4
8. Nike - $110.3
9. Honeywell International - $110.1
Ponziponzi

Capitalism is bae.

8 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Apple Becomes 1st Private Company Worth $1 Trillion by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:39am On Aug 03, 2018
Gerrard59:

Capitalism is bae.
You can say that again man!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Apple Becomes 1st Private Company Worth $1 Trillion by Abfinest007(m): 7:40am On Aug 03, 2018
fair fair
Re: BREAKING: Apple Becomes 1st Private Company Worth $1 Trillion by Nobody: 7:40am On Aug 03, 2018
The price of it products are ridiculously expensive.

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Apple Becomes 1st Private Company Worth $1 Trillion by colossus91(m): 7:41am On Aug 03, 2018
Benjaniblinks:
Money Dey O Buy And Roof Nigeria Join.
oga calm down no country is riche than Nigeria,if not naija for done fold up due to this chop chop polithiefians.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Apple Becomes 1st Private Company Worth $1 Trillion by evilspirit: 7:41am On Aug 03, 2018
First company in the world is petrochina but this is the first American company that is worth 1T

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Apple Becomes 1st Private Company Worth $1 Trillion by ollah2: 7:43am On Aug 03, 2018
BedLam:
Yes is it. Reason why this post said private. That dude missed it.

The op and you are wrong because Apple isn't a private company

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dangote To Own 50,000 Cows, Produce 500m Litres Of Milk By 2019 / What's A Good Souvenir To Give Clients During This Festive Season? / How Can I Make Money Online Direct Into My Bank Account In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.