Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,528 members, 7,837,015 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:48 PM

BREAKING: Apple Becomes 1st Private Company Worth $1 Trillion - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / BREAKING: Apple Becomes 1st Private Company Worth $1 Trillion (17171 Views)

Like Apple, Amazon Hits $1 Trillion Valuation / Apple Becomes 1st Private Company Worth $1 Trillion / World's Richest Became ₦360 Trillion Richer In 2017(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BREAKING: Apple Becomes 1st Private Company Worth $1 Trillion by Nobody: 8:24am On Aug 03, 2018
ollah2:

Just accept you bluff, take your L and move on rather than resorting to emotional clapbacks

Emotional what ?

Do you have so little going on in your life that it's so important you win this argument on a cheap forum like this ? That is very sad

Take the L? Oh men, nigga you really need to go out more, make real friends , read a book , learn new things

You need to work on your socializing skills

This is absolutely hilarious

Wait are you gay? Because I am Getting a really strong gay vibe off you.
Unfortunately I don't like fagguts , I can't stand them and I hope they all get sickle cell or cancer

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Apple Becomes 1st Private Company Worth $1 Trillion by romeoetin(m): 8:24am On Aug 03, 2018
evilspirit:
First company in the world is petrochina but this is the first American company that is worth 1T
Petrochina is not a fully private company

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Apple Becomes 1st Private Company Worth $1 Trillion by johnmattew: 8:30am On Aug 03, 2018
ollah2:

Yes I know, likewise Petrochina. But I'm not sure it's three times more than Apple. US companies; Amazon and Microsoft will keep growing due to capitalism.

despite Aramco isn't a public company,it's worth over 2trillion....if it's IPO is traded,Aramco could be worth almost 5 trillion

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Apple Becomes 1st Private Company Worth $1 Trillion by slimdamatrix1(m): 8:31am On Aug 03, 2018
Impressive!
Re: BREAKING: Apple Becomes 1st Private Company Worth $1 Trillion by johnmattew: 8:32am On Aug 03, 2018
ollah2:

Yes I know, likewise Petrochina. But I'm not sure it's three times more than Apple. US companies; Amazon and Microsoft will keep growing due to capitalism.

anyways,apple situation is still dicey as its hugely dependent on iPhone sales..I pity Google and Facebook more,their future is bleak
Re: BREAKING: Apple Becomes 1st Private Company Worth $1 Trillion by slimdamatrix1(m): 8:32am On Aug 03, 2018
Azmodan:

Emotional what ?

Do you have so little going on in your life that it's so important you win this argument on a cheap forum like this ? That is very sad

Take the L? Oh men, nigga you really need to go out more, make real friends , read a book , learn new things

You need to work on your socializing skills

This is absolutely hilarious

Wait are you gay? Because I am Getting a really strong gay vibe off you.
Unfortunately I don't like fagguts , I can't stand them and I hope they all get sickle cell or cancer

Now you sound extremely retarded!

Assuming one's sexuality without facts. Go back to school, your ignorance is showing!
Re: BREAKING: Apple Becomes 1st Private Company Worth $1 Trillion by Nobody: 8:37am On Aug 03, 2018
slimdamatrix1:

Now you sound extremely retarded!

Assuming one's sexuality without facts. Go back to school, your ignorance is showing!

I knew it!!!! You are gay!

I knew it !
Re: BREAKING: Apple Becomes 1st Private Company Worth $1 Trillion by webizone(m): 8:39am On Aug 03, 2018
Donald95:

lol.
What have your corruption fighter achieved? Running down companies with stupid economic policies? Driving away investors? SMH

You need Jesus

Lol. See as you as finish am with u need Jesus. Maybe nah the devil wey him dey worship no let am know how far.

#Buhari must go!

*modified

Poster below referring to my signature,They appear to be peaceful at first telling people all God are one just to win souls but When those people finally gets grounded in any christian state, They will live and never allow you live, they will take away humanity from our children and make christian remnants to live in fear. Ask christian remnants in Borno,Adamawa, Irak e.t.c

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Apple Becomes 1st Private Company Worth $1 Trillion by Enmas078(m): 8:39am On Aug 03, 2018
No individual fit buy dis tin o
Re: BREAKING: Apple Becomes 1st Private Company Worth $1 Trillion by webizone(m): 8:40am On Aug 03, 2018
Donald95:

lol.
What have your corruption fighter achieved? Running down companies with stupid economic policies? Driving away investors? SMH

You need Jesus

*modified

Poster below referring to my signature,They appear to be peaceful at first telling people all God are one just to win souls but When those people finally gets grounded in any christian state, They will live and never allow you live, they will take away humanity from our children and make christian remnants to live in fear. Ask christian remnants in Borno,Adamawa, Irak e.t.c

Lol. See as you as finish am with u need Jesus. Maybe nah the devil wey him dey worship no let am know how far.

#Buhari must go!

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Apple Becomes 1st Private Company Worth $1 Trillion by ollah2: 8:40am On Aug 03, 2018
johnmattew:
anyways,apple situation is still dicey as its hugely dependent on iPhone sales..I pity Google and Facebook more,their future is bleak

Google is safe, can't say same thing about Facebook. Yes you are right about Apple and they know this hence the reason their last iPhone were sold at exorbitant prices to balance the books and they are into services now too.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Apple Becomes 1st Private Company Worth $1 Trillion by decub: 8:41am On Aug 03, 2018
Samsung is next. When those phones can buy plots of land; expect nothing less!
Re: BREAKING: Apple Becomes 1st Private Company Worth $1 Trillion by wowcatty: 8:51am On Aug 03, 2018
Not at all, the company has moved to China now because they offer them tax break plus political statement they are trying to make. I don't know what Trump's response is going to be but expect to pay more for your next iphone because Trump is going to put heavy tax on companies that moved from the US. If not for greed, why should Apple still be lured with not paying taxes? I heard Google is moving too.
LuciferChristi:
A front for the United States government's loot.

Time will expose all...

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Apple Becomes 1st Private Company Worth $1 Trillion by arceem(m): 9:03am On Aug 03, 2018
Not larger than a naija in its proper mind
Re: BREAKING: Apple Becomes 1st Private Company Worth $1 Trillion by webizone(m): 9:10am On Aug 03, 2018
ollah2:

Or quantitative easing. You guys have forgotten there was massive money printing years back. The stocks just soak up the excess Usdollars lying around.
Re: BREAKING: Apple Becomes 1st Private Company Worth $1 Trillion by bluecircle470: 9:15am On Aug 03, 2018
Benjaniblinks:
Money Dey O Buy And Roof Nigeria Join.

Sharaap there! What do you know....minus asset Nigeria is worth $540 billion, what if you now include asset shocked
Re: BREAKING: Apple Becomes 1st Private Company Worth $1 Trillion by meobizy(f): 9:21am On Aug 03, 2018
Steve Jobs is probably dancing shaku shaku in his grave.
For ignorant Africans, this is why white men fight tooth and nail to leave legacies after they die. Any success Apple ever gains will find a way to feature the name Steve Jobs. Let's say your grandchildren use iPhones in future, they will forever keep getting reminded that all the successful ideas Apple thinks up were a result of Steve Jobs's (a man they have no idea about) innovative thinking. I can't say the same about Nigerian billionaires, politicians and its many 'Men of God'.
Re: BREAKING: Apple Becomes 1st Private Company Worth $1 Trillion by Vicrotica(m): 9:28am On Aug 03, 2018
How come IOS keeps dropping in customer preferences compared to Android
Re: BREAKING: Apple Becomes 1st Private Company Worth $1 Trillion by FYTnRUN: 9:29am On Aug 03, 2018
363 trillion Naira grin

yazzman:
how much is that in naira? anyone that got the answer i will be rewarded with airtime.
Re: BREAKING: Apple Becomes 1st Private Company Worth $1 Trillion by Ugosample(m): 9:31am On Aug 03, 2018
LuciferChristi:
A front for the United States government's loot.

Time will expose all...

look at this one grin grin
Re: BREAKING: Apple Becomes 1st Private Company Worth $1 Trillion by Ubty: 9:41am On Aug 03, 2018
Nairaland and by extension the mentality of many a Nigerians amazes me...we should all understand that we don't know everything and that's why we keep learning. If u come up with a fact and another person disproves it with a better fact, it doesn't take anything to say "oh I didn't see it that way" and everyone moves forward. Instead of trying to slander one another. don't think Dalton, Darwin and their likes reasoned like this when their laws were modified

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Apple Becomes 1st Private Company Worth $1 Trillion by Doctus(m): 9:47am On Aug 03, 2018
coolcharm:
That's larger than the economy of west, east and central Africa bundled together.

Steve Jobs will be turning in his grave now
he will be like�
in his grave
Re: BREAKING: Apple Becomes 1st Private Company Worth $1 Trillion by jaxxy(m): 9:48am On Aug 03, 2018
post=69941468:
#RESPECT

It's no news that Apple has reached $1 trillion market value, making it the first US company to achieve this feat. To help you understand what this means, here are some sets of combinations of large companies you need to combine to make one Apple.

Set 1
1. ExxonMobil - $344.1
2. Chevron - $248.1
3. Samsung Electronics - $325.9
4. Total S.A - $168

Set 2
1. Procter & Gamble - $184.5
2. BP - $152.6
3. Unilever - $155.8
4. Coca-Cola - $179.3
5. Bank of China - $158.6
6. McDonald's - $129.9

Set 3
1. IBM - $132.3
2. General Electric - $126.8
3. Philip Morris International - $126.2
4. Bank of America - $313.5
5. Walmart - $246.2

Set 4
1. Amazon.com - $777.8
2. Toyota Motor - $200.7

Set 5
1. 3M - $121.8
2. British American Tobacco - $120
3. Adobe Systems - $119.1
4. Royal Bank of Canada - $113.4
5. Siemens - $112.5
6. China Merchants Bank - $112.4
7. AIA Group - $111.4
8. Nike - $110.3
9. Honeywell International - $110.1

We don't know how many companies in Nigeria we can put together to arrive at that amount.
We won't want to grow old here typing that.
Even 100 Dangote Group of Companies no reach!
Okay bye!

The question is how much of dat is due to value of shares than actual liquidity or asset.

Not sure they sell that much bt they have upscale appeal and a globally respected brand.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Apple Becomes 1st Private Company Worth $1 Trillion by Ugosample(m): 9:49am On Aug 03, 2018
johnmattew:

Divesting into other areas apart from technology is what will save them
Re: BREAKING: Apple Becomes 1st Private Company Worth $1 Trillion by hadayleke(m): 9:50am On Aug 03, 2018
Apple has few customer base compared to Android or windows,yet theie networth keeps growing
Re: BREAKING: Apple Becomes 1st Private Company Worth $1 Trillion by johnmattew: 9:57am On Aug 03, 2018
ollah2:

Google is safe, can't say same thing about Facebook. Yes you are right about Apple and they know this hence the reason their last iPhone were sold at exorbitant prices to balance the books and they are into services now too.
nope..Google is not.... European GPDR and California's anti-privacy invasion law will harm Google and Facebook as 90percent of their revenue is dependent on advertising....Google alternative,Google cloud isn't growing compared to that of Amazon and Microsoft.its SAAS,Gsuite is nowhere close to office 365.chromebook isn't growing...to nail Google's future European union fined Google for Android anti competitive moves...if this fine starts, Google's grip on Android will fade and u know what tha t means?... Google's cash cow, android will be grossly affected.thus, fall in revenue and stock.this will make the likes of Samsung, Microsoft and Huawei more powerful than Google when it comes to control of android

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Apple Becomes 1st Private Company Worth $1 Trillion by Ugosample(m): 9:59am On Aug 03, 2018
meobizy:
Steve Jobs is probably dancing shaku shaku in his grave.
For ignorant Africans, this is why white men fight tooth and nail to leave legacies after they die. Any success Apple ever gains will find a way to feature the name Steve Jobs. Let's say your grandchildren use iPhones in future, they will forever keep getting reminded that all the successful ideas Apple thinks up were a result of Steve Jobs's (a man they have no idea about) innovative thinking. I can't say the same about Nigerian billionaires, politicians and its many 'Men of God'.

yea

sometimes I wonder why God made me black

But God does not make mistake so I accept it

Too much foolishness, hate, bile, ignorance and shortsighted fools in one ethnicity

All ethnicities have their "deplorable" but in the case of black folks, the deplorable far outnumber the sensible And this cuts across the socio economic strata of the society

Apart from the dangote group, MTN and a few others, i don't see any company amongst us that will outlive its founders.

undecided

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Apple Becomes 1st Private Company Worth $1 Trillion by samvega: 10:01am On Aug 03, 2018
The richest countries in Africa in 2017

Nigeria: GDP – $594.257 billion. ...
South Africa: GDP – $341.216 billion. ...
Egypt: GDP – $284.860 billion. ...
Algeria: GDP – $227.802 billion. ...
Morocco: GDP – $112.552 billion. ...
Sudan: GDP – $112.552 billion. ...
Kenya: GDP – $53.40 billion. ...
Angola: GDP – $49.857 billion.
Re: BREAKING: Apple Becomes 1st Private Company Worth $1 Trillion by johnmattew: 10:02am On Aug 03, 2018
Ugosample:

Divesting into other areas apart from technology is what will save them
it seems u don't understand what is happening..only Microsoft and Amazon are actually expanding fruitfully..Google especially have tried but failed.facebook is feeling the heat currently.. Google will be worse as European union and California govt are moving to curtail Google and Facebook privacy invasion.tgis will grossly affect their advert revenue as both companies totally depend on advertisement for survival

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Apple Becomes 1st Private Company Worth $1 Trillion by johnmattew: 10:04am On Aug 03, 2018
samvega:
The richest countries in Africa in 2017?

Nigeria: GDP – $594.257 billion. ...
South Africa: GDP – $341.216 billion. ...
Egypt: GDP – $284.860 billion. ...
Algeria: GDP – $227.802 billion. ...
Morocco: GDP – $112.552 billion. ...
Sudan: GDP – $112.552 billion. ...
Kenya: GDP – $53.40 billion. ...
Angola: GDP – $49.857 billion.
those aren't the richest in Africa.....rather the biggest economies in africa

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Apple Becomes 1st Private Company Worth $1 Trillion by Ugosample(m): 10:06am On Aug 03, 2018
johnmattew:
it seems u don't understand what is happening..only Microsoft and Amazon are actually expanding fruitfully..Google especially have tried but failed.facebook is feeling the heat currently.. Google will be worse as European union and California govt are moving to curtail Google and Facebook privacy invasion.tgis will grossly affect their advert revenue as both companies totally depend on advertisement for survival

I am not disputing you o

All im saying is that these companies should divest into other ventures. that will reduce their exposure to heavy blows IF what you are saying eventually happens

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Jonathan Flags-off First Phase Of The $1bn Azura-Edo Greenfield Power Plant / Petrolex Mega Oil City To Ease Apapa Gridlock By 60% / No legal basis for NAFDAC’s N1bn fine –Guinness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.