Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,183 members, 7,818,586 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:19 PM

Saraki Loses Membership Of The Senate - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki Loses Membership Of The Senate (8920 Views)

Saraki Sends Dino Melaye Back To His Seat At The Senate (Video) / Pictures Of Dino Melaye Before And After He Entered The Senate Chamber / PDP Senators Help Dino Melaye To Stand Up At The Senate (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Saraki Loses Membership Of The Senate by Ndonu101: 11:04am On Aug 03, 2018
Ovamboland:

Saraki can go to court to prove that amounts to divsion as described in section 68g of the Constitution

you need to go to court to prove that rAPC is not a genuine faction! I don't think you understand how complex this section of the constitution is.

2 Likes

Re: Saraki Loses Membership Of The Senate by parisha429: 12:35pm On Aug 03, 2018
Saraki is always a step away from every plot and plan if his ambitions are nursed properly i will recommend him for presidential...2019
Kdon2:

Relax my brother, You are dealing with a master fox here whose brain capacity is far beyond what buhari can ever handle.
Re: Saraki Loses Membership Of The Senate by dat9jaguy(m): 12:46pm On Aug 03, 2018
SarakiBukola:
Saraki is going nowhere. He's likely the next Senate President.

I have never seen where lawmakers are so openly defiant of a President and show unwavering loyalty to the Senate President.

Right now, i can bet plenty of APC lawmakers are really PDP in disguise.

My predictions : Buhari would be re-elected, but Senate and House of Reps would be fully PDP. PMB would really hate his 2nd term

Una don start to confess.
PMB is sure for 2nd term and the most PDP can hope for is majority in the National assembly(which is their game plan).
APC knows this,so gear up for some lessons on strategy.
We are watching.

1 Like

Re: Saraki Loses Membership Of The Senate by Ovamboland(m): 1:23pm On Aug 03, 2018
AskProf:

"Those who have ears, let them hear now:
Those who have eyes, let them see,
Ride on..."

https://www.nairaland.com/1992159/tambuwal-should-not-vacate-seat

I am not asking Saraki to resign as senate president, I am saying he has lost his membership of the Senate and should go home on the strength of section 68g of the Constitution.

Prof Sagay is addressing the issue of how to remove the senate president, I am addressing the issue of membership of the Senate, two different though related issues.

So also those who defected to any other party without a real declaration of division in their party.

**corrected

1 Like

Re: Saraki Loses Membership Of The Senate by Ovamboland(m): 1:26pm On Aug 03, 2018
Re: Saraki Loses Membership Of The Senate by PaChukwudi44(m): 1:28pm On Aug 03, 2018
Ovamboland:

I am not asking Saraki to resign as senate president, I am saying he has lost his membership of the Senate and should go home on the strength of section 68g of the Constitution.

Prof Sagay is addressing the issue of how to remove the senate president, I am addressing the issue of membership of the Senate, two different though related issues.

So also those who defeated to any other party without a real declaration of division in their party.

go to court tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Saraki Loses Membership Of The Senate by RevenGeMission: 1:35pm On Aug 03, 2018
Re: Saraki Loses Membership Of The Senate by akezn: 2:04pm On Aug 03, 2018
That section of the constitution cannot apply here since there is division in his former party- APC.
Re: Saraki Loses Membership Of The Senate by Ezkid(m): 2:14pm On Aug 03, 2018
Ovamboland:

If he's no longer a member of the Senate he can't be senate president. The majority party should find a way to trigger this provision and let Saraki go to court to prove there was a real division in APC
In a Nigerian court The 3rd paragraph would be argued till kingdom come.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Saraki Loses Membership Of The Senate by Akpatahan92: 4:07pm On Aug 03, 2018
SarakiBukola:
Saraki is going nowhere. He's likely the next Senate President.

I have never seen where lawmakers are so openly defiant of a President and show unwavering loyalty to the Senate President.

Right now, i can bet plenty of APC lawmakers are really PDP in disguise.

My predictions : Buhari would be re-elected, but Senate and House of Reps would be fully PDP. PMB would really hate his 2nd term

Hmmmm... Wailers are stylishly accepting defeat even before election.. Next
Re: Saraki Loses Membership Of The Senate by SarakiBukola: 4:17pm On Aug 03, 2018
dat9jaguy:

Una don start to confess.
PMB is sure for 2nd term and the most PDP can hope for is majority in the National assembly(which is their game plan).
APC knows this,so gear up for some lessons on strategy.
We are watching.

Dont be an idiot. I was for Buhari and he disappointed me greatly. I am neither APC nor PDP. They are both cut from the same cloth.
Re: Saraki Loses Membership Of The Senate by SarakiBukola: 4:18pm On Aug 03, 2018
Akpatahan92:

Hmmmm... Wailers are stylishly accepting defeat even before election.. Next

Dont be an idiot. I was for Buhari and he disappointed me greatly. I am neither APC nor PDP. They are both cut from the same cloth. Now go and bark elsewhere. Ode oloriburuku
Re: Saraki Loses Membership Of The Senate by SternProphet: 4:25pm On Aug 03, 2018
It is cl3ear enough.

I just wrote something on this.

The PARTY OWNS THE MANDATE.

This was the principle that made Amechi the Governor of Rivers. He did not even contest because his party dropped him at the primaries stage, PDP later won the elections with Omehia but courts of proper jurisdictions removed Omehia and put Amechi. This was because of the principle that voters voted for PDP abd the wrong perdon carried it. So since the right perdon who should have won for PDP was Amechi, he became the Governor...without contesting.

This principle will REMOVE Saraki or make the Senate un-sittable until after the elections because I don't see anyway A PC guys will accept the rubbish. There will be NO sitting in that house.
Re: Saraki Loses Membership Of The Senate by dat9jaguy(m): 4:30pm On Aug 03, 2018
SarakiBukola:

Dont be an idiot. I was for Buhari and he disappointed me greatly. I am neither APC nor PDP. They are both cut from the same cloth.

Oga abeg wetin concern me if you supported Buhari
before.If you like support,if you like dont,it doesn't add
sugar to my tea.
I am just saying it as is.
Re: Saraki Loses Membership Of The Senate by dat9jaguy(m): 4:32pm On Aug 03, 2018
SarakiBukola:

sugar to my tea.
I am just saying it as it is.
Re: Saraki Loses Membership Of The Senate by SarakiBukola: 4:39pm On Aug 03, 2018
dat9jaguy:

sugar to my tea.
I am just saying it as is.

I am saying it as it is too. Stop barking and learn to use your brains before mentioning me next time. Might not be as friendly
Re: Saraki Loses Membership Of The Senate by dat9jaguy(m): 4:48pm On Aug 03, 2018
SarakiBukola:

I am saying it as it is too. Stop barking and learn to use your brains before mentioning me next time. Might not be as friendly

To cut the long story short;Oga stay your lane.
Re: Saraki Loses Membership Of The Senate by SarakiBukola: 5:17pm On Aug 03, 2018
dat9jaguy:

Dat9jaguy to his useless homosexual father and worthless wh0re mother:
To cut the long story short;Oga stay your lane.

Yeah.
Re: Saraki Loses Membership Of The Senate by KINGOFTHEEAST: 5:58pm On Aug 03, 2018
Yyeske:
That Jonathan was weak and couldn't push through the law doesn't mean that Oshio and Buhari can't. A law remains a law
come and send him off the sit nah abi are you not a boy?

1 Like

Re: Saraki Loses Membership Of The Senate by budaatum: 8:43pm On Aug 03, 2018
Ovamboland:

If he's no longer a member of the Senate he can't be senate president. The majority party should find a way to trigger this provision and let Saraki go to court to prove there was a real division in APC

Nigerian Constitution too de get wowo! I can see them arguing that there is division in the party despite 'division' in this case meaning 'split'!

Provided that his membership of the latter political party is not as a result of a division in the political party of which he was previously a member or of a merger of two or more political parties or factions by one of which he was previously sponsored

1 Like

Re: Saraki Loses Membership Of The Senate by budaatum: 8:47pm On Aug 03, 2018
FarahAideed:
Nonsense ....The case of Tambuwal and APC has set a precedence so don't expect a differnt outcome here
The Constitution is not set by precedent. If some people abuse it, the abuse doesn't stand as an amendment for the future!

Still, I don't expect a different outcome here since Nigeria no de follow law.
Re: Saraki Loses Membership Of The Senate by budaatum: 8:50pm On Aug 03, 2018
Ovamboland:

I think it will be good for our democracy to let the court pronounce if any member or members of a political party can unilaterally declare a division in a party. Can that be the intent of section 68g?
The intention is clear. The defector would have to provide evidence to the court of a division.

However, I'd be surprised if this gets to court, or if it does, that it would be resolved before the next election. I would love to be wrong though.

1 Like

Re: Saraki Loses Membership Of The Senate by dat9jaguy(m): 9:36pm On Aug 03, 2018
SarakiBukola:

Yeah.

No matter how you try to hide it your immaturity must show.

Re: Saraki Loses Membership Of The Senate by SarakiBukola: 9:39pm On Aug 03, 2018
dat9jaguy:

No matter how you try to hide it your immaturity must show.

Wont hide anything. Thank your stars i am occupied by something else..
Re: Saraki Loses Membership Of The Senate by dat9jaguy(m): 9:42pm On Aug 03, 2018
SarakiBukola:

Wont hide anything. Thank your stars i am occupied by something else..

Getting tried already.Keep it coming

Re: Saraki Loses Membership Of The Senate by Akpatahan92: 9:48pm On Aug 03, 2018
SarakiBukola:

Dont be an idiot. I was for Buhari and he disappointed me greatly. I am neither APC nor PDP. They are both cut from the same cloth. Now go and bark elsewhere. Ode oloriburuku

Loooooolllllll.... I blame buhari for your frustration but guess what? four more years of frustration awaiting you.. Fasten your seat belt mate its gonna be a long ride...
Re: Saraki Loses Membership Of The Senate by SarakiBukola: 9:59pm On Aug 03, 2018
Akpatahan92:

Akpatahan to his useless homosexual father and worthless wh0re mother:
Loooooolllllll.... I blame buhari for your frustration but guess what? four more years of frustration awaiting you.. Fasten your seat belt mate its gonna be a long ride...

Ok
Re: Saraki Loses Membership Of The Senate by Ovamboland(m): 12:07pm On Aug 05, 2018
Will APC succeed where PDP has failed, to get defectors to lose their seats by getting the courts to declare it vacant?
Re: Saraki Loses Membership Of The Senate by Nobody: 12:54pm On Aug 05, 2018
Ovamboland:

I think it will be good for our democracy to let the court pronounce if any member or members of a political party can unilaterally declare a division in a party. Can that be the intent of section 68g?
Are you ignorant of the fact the rAPC is in court challenging Oshomole's leadership? What other evidence do you need to prove there is division.
Moreover, if APC follows through your reasoning, it will lose more NASS members and even your pride Akpabio will return home to face his people who are seething with anger.
Re: Saraki Loses Membership Of The Senate by Ovamboland(m): 6:34pm On Aug 24, 2018
Re: Saraki Loses Membership Of The Senate by SternProphet: 6:38pm On Aug 24, 2018
There will be NO successful sitting of the Senate till elections until this guy resigns. He has effectively rendered himself useless. It is actually legal now for any senator to seize that mace and prevent proceedings. Nigeria has no Senate for now.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

He Incited People To Loot, Now He's Being Looted. Laws Of Karma. Tweets. / PDP In Talks With 11 Parties For Alliance / President Tinubu Mourns Former NNPC GMD Dr Thomas John

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.