Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,069 members, 7,818,188 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:52 AM

Dangote Oil Refinery Poses Threat To European Plants - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dangote Oil Refinery Poses Threat To European Plants (26147 Views)

Giant Dangote Oil Refinery Begins Production In 3rd Quarter / Otedola Visits Dangote’s Oil Refinery, Petrochemical Plant In Lagos (Photo) / Folorunsho Alakija Gorgeous In Native Wear, Poses With Her Numerous Awards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Oil Refinery Poses Threat To European Plants by abescom: 8:17am On Aug 03, 2018
galadima77:

they'd definitely become saboteurs... God go catch and punish saboteurs
this is why it is good that the business is privately owned. Dangote been a shrewd business man would not allow his business and investment to be destroyed by some idiots.

4 Likes

Re: Dangote Oil Refinery Poses Threat To European Plants by Codes151(m): 8:18am On Aug 03, 2018
Nigeria govt should own the refinery...

Although they will mismanage it...

Also, I disapprove it being in lagos..
We will still have challenges... Already I have noticed. Dangote recruitment is centered to lagosians..
Re: Dangote Oil Refinery Poses Threat To European Plants by kaen1317: 8:18am On Aug 03, 2018
Dangote, I pray you come into politics and apply the same passion and sincerity you use in your business then Nigeria will surely be better for it. Not all this chop and clean mouth politics

1 Like

Re: Dangote Oil Refinery Poses Threat To European Plants by sircardinal: 8:19am On Aug 03, 2018
They should double their efforts oooo we are tired of been slaves to the European on fuel matter.
Nigeria will be great again.
Sir cardinal

1 Like

Re: Dangote Oil Refinery Poses Threat To European Plants by Firefire(m): 8:19am On Aug 03, 2018
To hell with the Europeans and their refineries

1 Like

Re: Dangote Oil Refinery Poses Threat To European Plants by holuphisayor(m): 8:19am On Aug 03, 2018
continue to hype the project.
very soon dangote effect will be felt on fuel prices. maybe #500 per litre.
na here we dey. At least, dangote cement isn't cheap BTW
Re: Dangote Oil Refinery Poses Threat To European Plants by wakaman: 8:21am On Aug 03, 2018
PointZerom:
The BLOOD of innocent citizens spilled on your alter on daily basis through coded ritualistic accidents will hunt your generation forever.

Low, very low of you

3 Likes

Re: Dangote Oil Refinery Poses Threat To European Plants by silos(m): 8:22am On Aug 03, 2018
Very soon all of them will move to Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Oil Refinery Poses Threat To European Plants by Nobody: 8:22am On Aug 03, 2018
shanequeen:
It can never be a threat to European refineries.

check my signature
Why?
Re: Dangote Oil Refinery Poses Threat To European Plants by spiritedtete: 8:22am On Aug 03, 2018
Re: Dangote Oil Refinery Poses Threat To European Plants by Nobody: 8:22am On Aug 03, 2018
abescom:
The viability of the refinery business would hopefully force others to build something like this.

That will finally and truly mark the end of fuel subsidy and have a good domino effect on the country.

Small small we will get there. All that remains now is for all corrupt politicians to be killed if they refuse to die on their own.

Exactly
Re: Dangote Oil Refinery Poses Threat To European Plants by Nobody: 8:24am On Aug 03, 2018
Codes151:
Nigeria govt should own the refinery...

Although they will mismanage it...

Also, I disapprove it being in lagos..
We will still have challenges... Already I have noticed. Dangote recruitment is centered to lagosians..
nigeria has 4 refineries and are all dead. Lagos is safer to sight such investment no militant risk

4 Likes

Re: Dangote Oil Refinery Poses Threat To European Plants by RevenGeMission: 8:25am On Aug 03, 2018
When i write something like this , they get angry and insult me

16 good years and massive oil sales and non thought Ok, let's build a refinery ?? and for what it's worth , the works are being sped up mainly because it's a private company contracting the job, if it was government, i am sure 3 successive goverments will still be at it , lbbying and stealing and collecting commissions up and down, This man said he will build it and he has not looked back since them

Buhari has promised to do things too and he's been doing them without looking back, initiating and completing projects, especially the rails but in Politics everybody has something negative to say , especially people from a particular region, they never see anything good in what he's done

I do hope when the project is complete Saboteurs won't do their job onsite

IMASTEX:
I consider it a shame on the government. What a government couldn't achieve with the huge cash flow. An individual is making it happen. The wealth deposited in Nigeria is what should feed the whole Africa continent in the first place. But Nigerians are dying of hunger and starvation.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dangote Oil Refinery Poses Threat To European Plants by orisa37: 8:25am On Aug 03, 2018
This is God's own way of Distributing the Resources of His Land.
Re: Dangote Oil Refinery Poses Threat To European Plants by seunfly: 8:25am On Aug 03, 2018
IMASTEX:
I consider it a shame on the government. What a government couldn't achieve with the huge cash flow. An individual is making it happen. The wealth deposited in Nigeria is what should feed the whole Africa continent in the first place. But Nigerians are dying of hunger and starvation.

Kudos to Dan!

No this things shouldn't be government doing, it should be private. Although government should have made the environment good for such investment.
Re: Dangote Oil Refinery Poses Threat To European Plants by clefortune: 8:25am On Aug 03, 2018
This is a giant-stride by Dangote group and deserves all the accolades cos for a nation to be self sufficient , the need to enshrine the principles of comparative advantage is key... what a right direction with direct and indirect jobs to Nigerians targeted at about 100,000 through this magnificent demonstration and by extension Lagosians and Nigerians will enjoy better power supply through the construction and installations of about 300 megawatts of electricity to feed the refinery and its immediate environment

1 Like

Re: Dangote Oil Refinery Poses Threat To European Plants by Osaze007: 8:26am On Aug 03, 2018
Nigerians should not be blindsided by anti west rhetorics while selling its resources to China
Re: Dangote Oil Refinery Poses Threat To European Plants by jaytee01(m): 8:26am On Aug 03, 2018
abescom:
The viability of the refinery business would hopefully force others to build something like this.

That will finally and truly mark the end of fuel subsidy and have a good domino effect on the country.

Small small we will get there. All that remains now is for all corrupt politicians to be killed if they refuse to die on their own.
grin
Re: Dangote Oil Refinery Poses Threat To European Plants by RevenGeMission: 8:27am On Aug 03, 2018
Rotentina:

Goodnews to Nigerians, bad news to independent oil marketers and to all that is feeding fat on Nigerians.

They probably already started thinking of some way else to make money

If Dangote agrees to supply Nigeria's daily consumption , i think price of local consumption will reduce and NNPC can continue to export for sales only

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Oil Refinery Poses Threat To European Plants by Josh44s(m): 8:33am On Aug 03, 2018
post=69942593:
In Africa , the Dangote refinery is a huge story; one of the biggest refineries in the world being built in Nigeria , likely to supply most of or all of Nigeria ’ s consumption. That clearly has an impact on European refineries , because they export to Nigeria.

Go on Africa's Best.
We are solidly behind you.

Day dreamer and E-warrior cheesy

Re: Dangote Oil Refinery Poses Threat To European Plants by Iamgrey5(m): 8:35am On Aug 03, 2018
Buffalowings3:
Sensationalised article written to stroke the egos of Nigerians.

How much is 650000 barrels in the grand scheme of thing's?

Just be happy that Nigeria will have a working refinery.
Do you know how many liters of petrol and other products that will be gotten from 650000 barrels of crude oil ?

You think it is 650000 liters grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Oil Refinery Poses Threat To European Plants by olalat(m): 8:40am On Aug 03, 2018
Shegzy8:
Threat or no threat, we want the best for our dear country..I really don't know why a country in which its politicians promised to diversify the economy is still building a local refinery at this time and age...the world is moving on from oil and we are laying our foundation on that...
And USA stops churning out crude from their shale blocks right!!! Russia had closed down all her her blocks and refineries China stops import crude from across the world. Its obvious some people refuse to use their brains despite being a free gift from God. Must you criticize when you know a particular subject matter is beyond your IQ. Una go just dey make person vex early morning like this. Nawa for you oo.

3 Likes

Re: Dangote Oil Refinery Poses Threat To European Plants by Afonja007: 8:40am On Aug 03, 2018
QuotaSystem:
Greedy muggers.

Left to them, Africa should eternally remain at the mercy of bloody imperialists.

Kudos to DANGOTE for working hard to release us from the shackles of those Caucasian Shylocks.

Kudos also to the FG for providing several incentives that has sped up the completion of Dangote's mega refinery.

Sai Dangote. Sai Baba.
you re people;e crazy ,your country built 3 refinaries but they dont maintain it now your blaming oyibo people your country dont ve good roads blame oyibo apapa wharf is blocked blame oyibo no prepaid meter blame oyibo sars is killing people every day blame oyibo boko haram blame oyibo herdsmen blame oyibo badoo and skull mining blame oyibo baby factory blame oyibo no light blame ,dont blame your leaders you hear keep blaming oyibo people anyways naija is a shiithole

1 Like

Re: Dangote Oil Refinery Poses Threat To European Plants by galadima77(m): 8:40am On Aug 03, 2018
abescom:

i so like ur third paragraph... lol
Re: Dangote Oil Refinery Poses Threat To European Plants by CodeTemplar: 8:41am On Aug 03, 2018
kaen1317:
Dangote, I pray you come into politics and apply the same passion and sincerity you use in your business then Nigeria will surely be better for it. Not all this chop and clean mouth politics
Politics? I laugh.
Re: Dangote Oil Refinery Poses Threat To European Plants by pawpzman: 8:46am On Aug 03, 2018
Why didn't he build the refinery in Niger Delta? They are the oil producing states. I know some of you will argue that its his business and chooses where he wants to build his refinery but also don't forget it's also the Niger Delta's oil as well.
When will Dangote be independent of the government and why haven't Nigerian government been able to build sound "national" refineries for over 50years.
Some people are apparently responsible for Nigeria's failure.
Re: Dangote Oil Refinery Poses Threat To European Plants by wickyyolo: 8:47am On Aug 03, 2018
abescom:

Fossil fuel is about to be relegated. Small small we have been left behind.

Renewable energy is the next best thing.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Oil Refinery Poses Threat To European Plants by wickyyolo: 8:49am On Aug 03, 2018
Afonja007:
you re people;e crazy ,your country built 3 refinaries but they dont maintain it now your blaming oyibo people your country dont ve good roads blame oyibo apapa wharf is blocked blame oyibo no prepaid meter blame oyibo sars is killing people every day blame oyibo boko haram blame oyibo herdsmen blame oyibo badoo and skull mining blame oyibo baby factory blame oyibo no light blame ,dont blame your leaders you hear keep blaming oyibo people anyways naija is a shiithole

Africa is always blaming people n give excuses. Stupid people and stupid leaders
Re: Dangote Oil Refinery Poses Threat To European Plants by INTEGRITYA1(m): 8:52am On Aug 03, 2018
Beautiful
Re: Dangote Oil Refinery Poses Threat To European Plants by 989900: 8:54am On Aug 03, 2018

“ It is impossible for me to say exactly what the impact will be, but it is not a good thing for European refineries that Dangote refinery is being built . ”

I can only imagine how much folks who own those European refineries and other beneficiaries would have been paying their partners in crime at the NNPC and FG to make sure ours remain comatose and importation continues to infinity.
Re: Dangote Oil Refinery Poses Threat To European Plants by OhiOfIhima: 8:59am On Aug 03, 2018
It is impossible for me to say exactly what the impact will be

Dear Analyst, If it is not not possible for you to state categorically what d impact might be, I advised you to keep quiet.
Re: Dangote Oil Refinery Poses Threat To European Plants by Nobody: 8:59am On Aug 03, 2018
That's what we Nigerians all hope for, why should we care what they think, Nigeria first.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man Shows What He Was Able To Save After Rejecting Urgent 2k Bills (video) / Access Bank Approves Paternity Leave For Male Employees / Nigerians Are Now Making Money & Cutting Transport Costs With Mycopilot App

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.