Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,521 members, 7,823,254 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:31 AM

'Buhari, Most Famous Health Tourist' – Ben Murray-Bruce - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'Buhari, Most Famous Health Tourist' – Ben Murray-Bruce (17146 Views)

Donald Duke And Ben Murray Bruce Visit The Lagos-Calabar Coastal Road (Pictures) / Ben Murray-Bruce: Poverty Is The Fastest Growing Business In Nigeria / Ben Murray-Bruce: If Those 3 Million Super Eagles Jerseys Were Made In Aba... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

'Buhari, Most Famous Health Tourist' – Ben Murray-Bruce by Ritzy10(f): 8:43am On Aug 03, 2018

The lawmaker representing Bayelsa East Senatorial District, Senator Ben Murray-Bruce, has hailed former President Olusegun Obasanjo for seeking medical services within Nigeria while President Muhammadu Buhari seeks his own outside the country.
In a veiled reference to Buhari in a post on his Facebook page on Thursday, Murray-Bruce described the President as the most famous health tourist.

He wrote, “A few days ago, I was with President Obasanjo in Bayelsa where he went for his medical check-up. That is a leader who believes in Nigeria. That is a leader who loves Nigeria. Meanwhile, I hear that London would soon have a visit from one of her most famous health tourists.”

Buhari will begin a 10-day leave on Friday (today) and will attend to his health in London during the period.
Meanwhile, Murray-Bruce in a series of tweets on his Twitter handle alleged intimidation of the opposition by the Buhari-led administration and the ruling All Progressives Congress.

He tweeted, “Using law enforcement officials to oppress political opponents and rivals is wrong for the simple reason that you may not always be in power and your precedent may be used against you. A president that wants to sleep in peace when he hands over should be careful how he uses power.

“The more the @MBuhari-led @OfficialAPCNg government persecutes us, the more we in the @OfficialPDPNig become more united and determined to rid Nigeria of a blaming and inept administration and return Nigeria to the path of unity, peace and prosperity! PDP is one united family!”

The lawmaker cited the example of the Governor of Benue State, Samuel Ortom, who defected from the APC to the Peoples Democratic Party and was levelled with allegations by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission.

Murray-Bruce tweeted, “Governor Sam Ortom, you are not alone. They can bring the police and the EFCC against you but in good times and in bad times, we will be by your side standing shoulder to shoulder with you to uphold genuine democracy for the people of Benue and the whole of Nigeria!

“To all those who are tired of the reign of dictatorship, impunity, incompetence and ineptitude on display in the APC, we invite you to join us in the PDP where peace, justice and unity reign.”

Meanwhile, Senator Dino Melaye has edited his biography on Twitter to reflect his defection from the APC to the PDP.
It now reads, “Senator of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. Representing Kogi-West Senatorial District. Anti-Corruption Advocate. Unapologetic Carpet Crosser. Ubunifu.”
Ubunifu is a Swahili word for imagination or creativity

More below:

https://zenithnaija.com/buhari-most-famous-health-tourist-sen-ben-murray-bruce/

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Buhari, Most Famous Health Tourist' – Ben Murray-Bruce by Crocky23: 8:47am On Aug 03, 2018
“A few days ago, I was with President Obasanjo in Bayelsa where he went for his medical check-up. That is a leader who believes in Nigeria. That is a leader who loves Nigeria. Meanwhile, I hear that London would soon have a visit from one of her most famous health tourists.”

Mr Integrity or Mr Hypocrisy?
Is he not the same president that banned medical tourism?
After budgeting billions for Aso Rock clinic.

103 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 'Buhari, Most Famous Health Tourist' – Ben Murray-Bruce by Kingosytex(m): 8:51am On Aug 03, 2018
mr.integrity.sir.chief.gen. st. Fraudhari the waka waka president.

17 Likes

Re: 'Buhari, Most Famous Health Tourist' – Ben Murray-Bruce by Racoon(m): 8:58am On Aug 03, 2018
Shameless president! He left Aso Rock Clinic, National Hospital & all the "mere consulting room/clinics" in our teaching hospitals for the comfort of a cosy London hospital.
Meanwhile the average poor Nigerian cant even access good affordable healthcare.Buhari God will surely punish you for being a pain on Nigeria. angry angry angry

106 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 'Buhari, Most Famous Health Tourist' – Ben Murray-Bruce by musa234(m): 9:08am On Aug 03, 2018
I just pity the poor masses in this country, they must make do with the dilapidated government hospitals we have here in Nigeria whilst the leaders and their entire families make use of foreign world class hospitals and also send their kids to the best schools around the globe.. These are the same leaders the youths fight over because of some meagre stipends.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Buhari, Most Famous Health Tourist' – Ben Murray-Bruce by magoo10(m): 9:19am On Aug 03, 2018
A huge negative achievement I must say.

Despite the dullards campaign promise of stopping medical tourism by public officials.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Buhari, Most Famous Health Tourist' – Ben Murray-Bruce by Auladimeji1: 9:32am On Aug 03, 2018
Racoon:
Shameless president! He left Aso Rock Clinic, National Hospital & all the "mere consulting room/clinics" in our teaching hospitals for the comfort of a cosy London hospital.
Meanwhile the average poor Nigerian cant even access good affordable healthcare.Buhari God will surely punish you for being a pain on Nigeria. angry angry angry
Instead of God punishing PMB,He would rather Punish you and your household

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 'Buhari, Most Famous Health Tourist' – Ben Murray-Bruce by EmekaMD(m): 1:52pm On Aug 03, 2018
So your anti-corruption Messiah has spent more than 3yrs in office and still hasn't been able to build a befitting hospital where he and his family could be treated despite the increase in aso clinic budget since 2016.

Perhaps he needs another 4yrs to be able to do that..
Hahahaha..
Yeye dey smell!!

Think people!! Think Nigerians

The world is moving faster than you can imagine..

52 Likes

Re: 'Buhari, Most Famous Health Tourist' – Ben Murray-Bruce by KingCassy(m): 1:53pm On Aug 03, 2018
Hehehe.... Please they should add that to one of his achievements.....

You've got ITunes or Amazon gift card to sell, you need mtn data at #600/gb and #1200/2gb, you have airtime you want to convert to cash?? Check out my Nairaland thread https://www.nairaland.com/4515770/kobohub-itunes-mtn-data-se

5 Likes

Re: 'Buhari, Most Famous Health Tourist' – Ben Murray-Bruce by Alexis11: 1:53pm On Aug 03, 2018
Na twitter be dis one constituency. grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Buhari, Most Famous Health Tourist' – Ben Murray-Bruce by Koolking(m): 1:54pm On Aug 03, 2018
Ben Bruce is always quick to talk when it does not concern him.

When it concerns him, he becomes deaf and dumb. For over 2months now, he ignored all the letters, calls, tweets to him to account for the N70m he dominated for his constituency on projects. I thought he was missing. Here he is saying gibberish that does not in any way impact meaningfully in his constituency.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'Buhari, Most Famous Health Tourist' – Ben Murray-Bruce by lionness(f): 1:55pm On Aug 03, 2018
Auladimeji1:
Instead of God punishing PMB,He would rather Punish you and your household

Because he cursed Buhari who won't care if Fulanis butcher you like asun meat. How much are they paying you. Pathetic

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'Buhari, Most Famous Health Tourist' – Ben Murray-Bruce by Aystarz: 1:57pm On Aug 03, 2018
Alexis11:

Spoke the truth though.

8 Likes

Re: 'Buhari, Most Famous Health Tourist' – Ben Murray-Bruce by deebrain(m): 1:57pm On Aug 03, 2018
Despite PDP also being evil, why does our present president keep doing this thing?

5 Likes

Re: 'Buhari, Most Famous Health Tourist' – Ben Murray-Bruce by frowland(m): 1:58pm On Aug 03, 2018
I cannot remember OBJ having any medical checkup in Nigeria when he was president. Remind me again who's wife died on medical tourism? There are set of people who will take your message seriously because I don't.
Can Mr. Bruce swear on his corpse that he have never gone for checkups abroad since he became senator?

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'Buhari, Most Famous Health Tourist' – Ben Murray-Bruce by KEVIND: 1:59pm On Aug 03, 2018
Concerned Nigerians in the diaspora will soon give him an award as the "best Foreign based President on Health issues and junketing.

4 Likes

Re: 'Buhari, Most Famous Health Tourist' – Ben Murray-Bruce by eseveli(m): 1:59pm On Aug 03, 2018
buhari has done turn UK is second home.. Watin ekpoma boy like me know joor.. #rollinKush

2 Likes

Re: 'Buhari, Most Famous Health Tourist' – Ben Murray-Bruce by Dee60: 2:00pm On Aug 03, 2018
Nice caption.
Re: 'Buhari, Most Famous Health Tourist' – Ben Murray-Bruce by eseveli(m): 2:01pm On Aug 03, 2018
Aystarz:

Spoke the truth though.
spoke.. BUHARI second spotted
Re: 'Buhari, Most Famous Health Tourist' – Ben Murray-Bruce by emp1995(m): 2:02pm On Aug 03, 2018
Racoon:
Re: 'Buhari, Most Famous Health Tourist' – Ben Murray-Bruce by pauljumbo: 2:02pm On Aug 03, 2018
Politicians get mouth �
Re: 'Buhari, Most Famous Health Tourist' – Ben Murray-Bruce by Princedapace(m): 2:03pm On Aug 03, 2018
frowland:
I cannot remember OBJ having any medical checkup in Nigeria when he was president. Remind me again who's wife died on medical tourism? There are set of people who will take your message seriously because I don't.
Can Mr. Bruce swear on his corpse that he have never gone for checkups abroad since he became senator?

So becus past leaders messed up, present and future leaders should do same? If that is the case, we should have allowed obj to continue..

The problem I have with ppl who personally support politicians in Nigeria is that they are heartless and bias.

17 Likes

Re: 'Buhari, Most Famous Health Tourist' – Ben Murray-Bruce by blackmantis: 2:04pm On Aug 03, 2018
Mr President obviously has problems trusting people......it is evident in his actions.
Re: 'Buhari, Most Famous Health Tourist' – Ben Murray-Bruce by EmekaMD(m): 2:05pm On Aug 03, 2018
frowland:
you're what is wrong with Nigeria..
Why did Nigerians voted for Buhari? Was it not because we wanted a change from the old ways?

And you're here saying it's ok because others did it before?
Look at the man in the mirror and spit on him

13 Likes

Re: 'Buhari, Most Famous Health Tourist' – Ben Murray-Bruce by Nobody: 2:06pm On Aug 03, 2018
Senator Blank sense
Re: 'Buhari, Most Famous Health Tourist' – Ben Murray-Bruce by justtruth88miSt(f): 2:07pm On Aug 03, 2018
Ritzy10:

More below:

https://zenithnaija.com/buhari-most-famous-health-tourist-sen-ben-murray-bruce/

Obasanjo wife... died in France... during surgery... Nigerian Doctor could have save her..
. Ben should ask before b4 opening his dirty mouth.
the governor of his state gave birth to his triplet abroad...

3 Likes

Re: 'Buhari, Most Famous Health Tourist' – Ben Murray-Bruce by frowland(m): 2:08pm On Aug 03, 2018
EmekaMD:
you're what is wrong with Nigeria..
Why did Nigerians voted for Buhari? Was it not because we wanted a change from the old ways?

And you're here saying it's ok because others did it before?
Look at the man in the mirror and spit on him

Mr patriot, it's not about what is wrong with Nigeria. He used OBJ as an example but I am quiet older to disagree.
He shouldn't use such a man who all his official engagement as a president had to branch and see his doctors only to leave office and pretend he only attends local hospitals.
He should instead list the number of world class federal hospitals OBJ built. I am no fool man.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Buhari, Most Famous Health Tourist' – Ben Murray-Bruce by kennisman(m): 2:08pm On Aug 03, 2018
frowland:

Mr man , you get brain jare. Dun mind those whose brain HV leaked like sachet water.

4 Likes

Re: 'Buhari, Most Famous Health Tourist' – Ben Murray-Bruce by MrImole: 2:09pm On Aug 03, 2018
Bòòdá Múráínà is very correct on this.
Re: 'Buhari, Most Famous Health Tourist' – Ben Murray-Bruce by Fuwale(m): 2:10pm On Aug 03, 2018
Alexis11:
lol

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Cable: Bafarawa: How I Rigged ANPP Primary For Buhari In 2003 / Adamawa Politician Allegedly Awards 1,000 Naira Scholarship To His Constituents / Democracy Day Church Service: GEJ Refuse To Say "Amen" To Anti-corruption Prayer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.