Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,658 members, 7,820,304 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:47 PM

Onnoghen: If I’m The CJN, I Will Resign - El-rufai - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Onnoghen: If I’m The CJN, I Will Resign - El-rufai (17077 Views)

9 Reasons Why The Suspension Of The CJN Is Constitutional - PoliticsNGR.com / Atiku Reacts To CJN Onnoghen's Petition in CCB / Embattled Justice Onnoghen To Be Replaced By Justice Tanko Ibrahim Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Onnoghen: If I’m The CJN, I Will Resign - El-rufai by Limitednow: 3:19pm On Jan 17, 2019
Nasir El-rufai, Kaduna State Governor, has said if he were to be Walter Onnoghen, the embattled Chief Justice of Nigeria being prosecuted for failing to declare his assets, he would step aside.

Mr El-rufai stated this on Thursday when he featured at Sunrise Daily, a programme aired on Channels Television.

“I am extremely sad about this Chief Justice matter, I am very said about it because if I am the Chief Justice and I write and said yes I have these assets, I have these bank accounts but did not declare them, I would not even allow the CCB to file charges. I will resign there and then to protect the institution that I head,” El-rufai said.

“Because the admission that I did not declare my assets, that infraction alone is enough for him to step down and protect the institution.

“All this court orders and lawyers and all these is not helping the judiciary, the legal profession and Nigeria,” the governor said.

The Chief Justice is accused for allegedly omitting to declare his assets and illegally operating five domiciliary accounts in various foreign currencies.

The charges were filed by the Code of Conduct Bureau (CCB) on the orders of Abubakar Malami, the Attorney General of the Federation (AGF). Onnoghen is to be arraigned at the Code of Conduct Tribunal (CCT).

As the matter was called up at the CCT on Monday, the top jurist was absent, challenging the jurisdiction to try him. He was represented by over 40 Senior Advocates of Nigeria (SAN) and some lawyers.

Later in the day, a Federal High Court sitting in Abuja halted the arraignment of the jurist.

Meanwhile the governor recently hinted on the need to restructure the country saying the north is going to be the most beneficiary.

Source: https://politicstimesng.com/onnoghen-cjn-will-resign-el-rufai/

5 Likes

Re: Onnoghen: If I’m The CJN, I Will Resign - El-rufai by Limitednow: 3:20pm On Jan 17, 2019
Is this not one of the cabal speaking?

But you can't advise a certain governor colleague of yours caught on clips receiving dollars to resign in other to respect that office baa?

309 Likes 33 Shares

Re: Onnoghen: If I’m The CJN, I Will Resign - El-rufai by tsephanyah(f): 3:21pm On Jan 17, 2019
It sure is gonna be fun when the culture wars become an actual war and we're all out there throwing branded grenades at each other wearing body armor emblazoned with the logos of our corporate sponsors.
El-rufai my second choice for President
Sai Baba

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Onnoghen: If I’m The CJN, I Will Resign - El-rufai by ebuk4real(m): 3:28pm On Jan 17, 2019
See who is talking? And he still sits on his Kaduna government seat even after his hate speech of repaying all those that kills any Fulani with blood are all over the media?

Talk of STUPID people and see El-rufai toping the selection...

165 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Onnoghen: If I’m The CJN, I Will Resign - El-rufai by SweetJoystick(m): 3:28pm On Jan 17, 2019
Have you told your brother Ganduje caught on camera receiving bribe and smiling sheepishly to resign......idiot

153 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Onnoghen: If I’m The CJN, I Will Resign - El-rufai by SaiAtikuTill203: 3:31pm On Jan 17, 2019
BUHARI kept attacking the media but can't do without having numerous media aides and media house to launch his propaganda... Always angry that the media is exposing his failures as govtpeople supporting buhari are insane and they need real medical check up..

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onnoghen: If I’m The CJN, I Will Resign - El-rufai by Sunnymatey(m): 3:38pm On Jan 17, 2019
You should have advice Buhari to do same during his certificate saga. But no, you suddenly lost your voice than ask him to resign.
slowpoke that thinks nigeria is their personal estate.

106 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Onnoghen: If I’m The CJN, I Will Resign - El-rufai by Khd95(m): 3:45pm On Jan 17, 2019
IF I WERE EL RUFAI,I WILL RESIGN..TENDER PUBLIC APOLOGY TO THE SLAIN VICTIMS OF FULANI HERDSMEN AND OTHER NIGERIANS AFFECTED ,THEN GO ON AN EXILE

69 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Onnoghen: If I’m The CJN, I Will Resign - El-rufai by gare(f): 3:53pm On Jan 17, 2019

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onnoghen: If I’m The CJN, I Will Resign - El-rufai by SalamRushdie: 3:57pm On Jan 17, 2019
but you are not the CJN but just a local Kaduna midget ... How come this bigot didn't give Ganduje such advice

57 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Onnoghen: If I’m The CJN, I Will Resign - El-rufai by thunder74(m): 5:27pm On Jan 17, 2019
Because that is what you all want all along unfortunately,
no maze to steal in the court,
no quorum needed to be formed,
no defection to remove him,
no DSS to block his house,
no gangs to rub and kill for him

It is late now malam

15 Likes

Re: Onnoghen: If I’m The CJN, I Will Resign - El-rufai by Racoon(m): 5:27pm On Jan 17, 2019
The damnable hypocrite midget is simply using the concept of reverse psychology to implore the CJN to opt out hence pave way for a presidency cabal anoited replacement.

And did this fool asked Abdulrasheed Maina, Lawal Babachir/Daura, VP Osinbajo(#5B NEMA scandal), AGF-Malami, Prof.Yusuf NHIS sec, Ahmed Sirika
(#1.5B Air Nigeria logo scam), Madam Kemi Adeosun/
Adebayo Shittu, Obono-Obla and the most trending sensational Ganduje's babanriga dollar bribe stuffing scandal among the many corrupt & indicted APC members to resign?

The wicked man never contemplate resigning even when he failed as a CSO of Kaduna state but wickedly went about compensating the killer fulani terrorists.

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Onnoghen: If I’m The CJN, I Will Resign - El-rufai by Yankee101: 5:27pm On Jan 17, 2019
You have been accussed of paying fulani herdsmen, behind southern kaduna killings, letting your son handle most contracts please resign

The CJN na deta man. You guys made a mistake the day you swore him in. Unless death or retirement that man no go move oh, deta man no dey scare easily.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Onnoghen: If I’m The CJN, I Will Resign - El-rufai by Wiseandtrue(f): 5:27pm On Jan 17, 2019
This midget that is Powe drunk can't resign even if a gun is placed on his heirs head!!!

El-rufai wey be say Na ordinary suspension suspension him party give am, he went about destroying party structures in his state undecided

Ordinary criticism he cannot face which made Shehu Sani leave the party!

Shite is in prison today because of El-rufai!!! All because he feels disrespected by their leader!!!

Someone that is paying the dreaded Fulani herdsmen undecided

He has being accused of embezzlement and murder several times, in a sane clime is it not enough for him to tender his resignation

I blame the Judiciary for not doing their job if not person like El-rufai for dey prison by now with all his war in sighting comments!!!

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Onnoghen: If I’m The CJN, I Will Resign - El-rufai by Daviddson(m): 5:28pm On Jan 17, 2019
Only if he'll resign and not be replaced by an Adamu or Suleman. Yeye dey smell.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onnoghen: If I’m The CJN, I Will Resign - El-rufai by helinues: 5:28pm On Jan 17, 2019
See talk

You should have resigned as a governor instead of bribing those who killed innocents people in Southern Kaduna

10 Likes

Re: Onnoghen: If I’m The CJN, I Will Resign - El-rufai by Beface(m): 5:28pm On Jan 17, 2019
Why Buhari no resign for all the fail promises and incompetency? Why you know advice Governor Ganduje to resign for corruption? Idiot of a Governor!

11 Likes

Re: Onnoghen: If I’m The CJN, I Will Resign - El-rufai by SOFTDRINK: 5:28pm On Jan 17, 2019
Shut up, you midget.

Terrorists can never be our CJN

8 Likes

Re: Onnoghen: If I’m The CJN, I Will Resign - El-rufai by hisexcellency34: 5:28pm On Jan 17, 2019
Lying short man. Why didn't you didn't resign over Kaduna killings and unpaid salaries ?

6 Likes

Re: Onnoghen: If I’m The CJN, I Will Resign - El-rufai by LZAA: 5:28pm On Jan 17, 2019
This midget again
Smh
Cc immhotep velocity25

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onnoghen: If I’m The CJN, I Will Resign - El-rufai by GavelSlam: 5:28pm On Jan 17, 2019
The CJN should step aside.

2 Likes

Re: Onnoghen: If I’m The CJN, I Will Resign - El-rufai by Newboss(m): 5:29pm On Jan 17, 2019
Hmmm. So that was the plan all along? Interesting angry

5 Likes

Re: Onnoghen: If I’m The CJN, I Will Resign - El-rufai by pejuakinab: 5:29pm On Jan 17, 2019
Because you are daft, that's y you would want to resign.

7 Likes

Re: Onnoghen: If I’m The CJN, I Will Resign - El-rufai by Mujtahida: 5:29pm On Jan 17, 2019
Talk is cheap. 'If na me, if na me' I will resign'. Na so. Has Ganduje resigned?

CJN will not resign. The whole plot is to use the coercive instruments of the government to intimidate him and force him to chicken out so that APC can perfect it's rigging plans which is near set with Zakaria in INEC, Adamu in the Police and their other co-travellers in other strategic positions.

12 Likes

Re: Onnoghen: If I’m The CJN, I Will Resign - El-rufai by NORSIYK(m): 5:29pm On Jan 17, 2019
Has this idiot ever told boo.hari to resign?

8 Likes

Re: Onnoghen: If I’m The CJN, I Will Resign - El-rufai by jeftalene(m): 5:29pm On Jan 17, 2019
1000+ Welders are needed for 1-2 years contract employment.

Experience in tank and pipe welding is compulsory

SMS your full names and phone number to 09064174444. No calls please.

You will be contacted asap.

Kindly escalate. Someone you know will need this job.
Re: Onnoghen: If I’m The CJN, I Will Resign - El-rufai by Thobiy(m): 5:29pm On Jan 17, 2019
This tribalistic bigot... abegi

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onnoghen: If I’m The CJN, I Will Resign - El-rufai by SOFTDRINK: 5:29pm On Jan 17, 2019
GavelSlam:
The CJN should step aside.
Go and push him aside na

7 Likes

Re: Onnoghen: If I’m The CJN, I Will Resign - El-rufai by fullstreets: 5:29pm On Jan 17, 2019

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen: If I’m The CJN, I Will Resign - El-rufai by homenje73: 5:30pm On Jan 17, 2019
Kettle referring to Pot

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

President Buhari In Close Door Meeting With Hope Uzodinma (Pictures) / President Tinubu Has Secured $14 Billion In FDI Via G20 Summit - Temitope Ajayi / A Senator Earns N12m Yearly - RMAFC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.