Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,655 members, 7,816,683 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:09 PM

Performing With Lagbaja Was A Milestone – Simi - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Performing With Lagbaja Was A Milestone – Simi (14215 Views)

Fireboy In Tears After Performing With Ed Sheeran At Wembley [VIDEO] / Fireboy In Tears After Performing With Ed Sheeran At Wembley / I Might Stop Performing With Jewelry - Yung6ix Says After Robbery Attack By Fans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Performing With Lagbaja Was A Milestone – Simi by Ekiti360(m): 8:52am On Aug 03, 2018
Afrojazz singer, Lagbaja, and pop star, Simi on Saturday thrilled the audience in a joint performance at the Johnnie, Jazz and Whisky music and flavours night in Abuja.

The duo performed Lagbaja’s “Never Far Away” at the JJW concert in Central Area, Abuja, as Simi described the experience as “meeting a legend.”

At the event, the organisers availed the audience of a chance to enjoy good music and savour various flavours of wines, prompting a feeling of career fulfilment for Simi, who described the performance with Lagbaja as a milestone.

Simi said she relished her encounter on the stage with Lagbaja, noting that it was a chance of her life.

She said, “So, yesterday, I met a legend. I had the time of my life. Living my dreams; God is good.”

Lagbaja, also in a response on his Instagram page, called Simi an angel, noting that it was a beautiful time. “How many of you got to see this beautiful mash up with the lovely Simi? She is an angel,” he said.

Simi was just five years old when Lagbaja released his first album, “Ikira” in 1993 and had not recorded professionally when Lagbaja clinched the Channel O Music Video Award for “Never Far Away”, the song which the duo re-enacted with their performance at the JJW concert.

Simi’s post expressing admiration for Lagbaja got over 50,000 likes and 1260 comments from fans, who requested some collaboration music from the duo.

An Instagram user, Papa_shegs, wrote, “You guys should do a collabo real quick. Sweet blend.”

http://kikiotolu.com/performing-with-lagbaja-was-a-milestone-simi/

1 Like

Re: Performing With Lagbaja Was A Milestone – Simi by goldbim(f): 9:12am On Aug 03, 2018
Lagbaja!!!0ni bata yi o kare cool cool..the man can burst brain sha cool...

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Performing With Lagbaja Was A Milestone – Simi by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:26am On Aug 03, 2018
You can say that again pretty Simi.
Omo Baba Mukoko issa goal!

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Performing With Lagbaja Was A Milestone – Simi by sureteeboy(m): 9:26am On Aug 03, 2018
I remember when Lagbaja was bubbling back then with hit songs like: "Omo.. Anything for me, Lagbaja, nothing for you, Onigele, Never Far Away et.c. Only God knew what happened to the man

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Performing With Lagbaja Was A Milestone – Simi by ukehnonny: 9:26am On Aug 03, 2018
Wow! Wonderful people with good Music.
I can't stop listening to the SIMISOLA album.

3 Likes

Re: Performing With Lagbaja Was A Milestone – Simi by Anaskie(m): 9:27am On Aug 03, 2018
goldbim:
Lagbaja!!!0ni bata yi o kare cool cool..the man can burst brain sha cool...

Lagbaja no be small pikin at all.

Its surprising that he is still wearing mask at this old age. Na wa o

What does oni bata yi o kare mean please?

3 Likes

Re: Performing With Lagbaja Was A Milestone – Simi by cocoboss(m): 9:27am On Aug 03, 2018
your real husband, una two fit grin grin
stinking afonjas

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Performing With Lagbaja Was A Milestone – Simi by Surd2121(m): 9:27am On Aug 03, 2018
omo baba muko muko

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Performing With Lagbaja Was A Milestone – Simi by Nobody: 9:27am On Aug 03, 2018
Skentele, Skontolo

indomie children, una sabi that one?

10 Likes

Re: Performing With Lagbaja Was A Milestone – Simi by puregrace(m): 9:27am On Aug 03, 2018
Lagbaja is in leagues of his own now

3 Likes

Re: Performing With Lagbaja Was A Milestone – Simi by RexTramadol1: 9:28am On Aug 03, 2018
Ok.......

Make I spread mat.
Re: Performing With Lagbaja Was A Milestone – Simi by farouk2much(m): 9:28am On Aug 03, 2018
This one na rey misterio

1 Like

Re: Performing With Lagbaja Was A Milestone – Simi by ajayiopy: 9:28am On Aug 03, 2018
Ekiti360:
Afrojazz singer, Lagbaja, and pop star, Simi on Saturday thrilled the audience in a joint performance at the Johnnie, Jazz and Whisky music and flavours night in Abuja.

The duo performed Lagbaja’s “Never Far Away” at the JJW concert in Central Area, Abuja, as Simi described the experience as “meeting a legend.”

At the event, the organisers availed the audience of a chance to enjoy good music and savour various flavours of wines, prompting a feeling of career fulfilment for Simi, who described the performance with Lagbaja as a milestone.

Simi said she relished her encounter on the stage with Lagbaja, noting that it was a chance of her life.

She said, “So, yesterday, I met a legend. I had the time of my life. Living my dreams; God is good.”

Lagbaja, also in a response on his Instagram page, called Simi an angel, noting that it was a beautiful time. “How many of you got to see this beautiful mash up with the lovely Simi? She is an angel,” he said.

Simi was just five years old when Lagbaja released his first album, “Ikira” in 1993 and had not recorded professionally when Lagbaja clinched the Channel O Music Video Award for “Never Far Away”, the song which the duo re-enacted with their performance at the JJW concert.

Simi’s post expressing admiration for Lagbaja got over 50,000 likes and 1260 comments from fans, who requested some collaboration music from the duo.

An Instagram user, Papa_shegs, wrote, “You guys should do a collabo real quick. Sweet blend.”

http://kikiotolu.com/performing-with-lagbaja-was-a-milestone-simi/

OMO BABA MUKO-MUKO

1 Like

Re: Performing With Lagbaja Was A Milestone – Simi by Jeezuzpick(m): 9:29am On Aug 03, 2018
Now that she has achieved the "milestone" of performing with Lagbaja, let her work towards doing same with Bob Marley and Michael Jackson.

undecided

1 Like

Re: Performing With Lagbaja Was A Milestone – Simi by atesunate16(m): 9:30am On Aug 03, 2018
Really? Nice

Don't forget oo

You can make #2k daily selling data
Re: Performing With Lagbaja Was A Milestone – Simi by Gr8lex(m): 9:30am On Aug 03, 2018
Some of the few Nigerian musicians worth listening to.

2 Likes

Re: Performing With Lagbaja Was A Milestone – Simi by Nobody: 9:31am On Aug 03, 2018
Konkonbelo konbelo, Pade mi nisalelele cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Performing With Lagbaja Was A Milestone – Simi by toluxa1(m): 9:31am On Aug 03, 2018
How this man has managed to live nearly permanently under this mask for so long eh.. Only few people can claim to have seen him without his mask. His Brand is strong.

6 Likes

Re: Performing With Lagbaja Was A Milestone – Simi by OttHin: 9:32am On Aug 03, 2018
Onigele yi ?skentele
E joo ma ?skontolo
Onigele yi ?skentele
E joo ma ?skontolo

1 Like

Re: Performing With Lagbaja Was A Milestone – Simi by Rexnegro(m): 9:32am On Aug 03, 2018
I don't just know why I don't like Simi and her music , too predictable and all sound alike ... no versatility

2 Likes

Re: Performing With Lagbaja Was A Milestone – Simi by OurworkComNg1: 9:32am On Aug 03, 2018
sureteeboy:
I remember when Lagbaja was bubbling back then with hit songs like: "Omo.. Anything for me, Lagbaja, nothing for you, Onigele, Never Far Away et.c. Only God knew what happened to the man

hello, your signature, how much sir?
Re: Performing With Lagbaja Was A Milestone – Simi by ictjobber: 9:35am On Aug 03, 2018
Lagbaja

see my signature
Re: Performing With Lagbaja Was A Milestone – Simi by lanre316: 9:35am On Aug 03, 2018
toluxa1:
How this man has managed to live nearly permanently under this mask for so long eh.. Only few people can claim to have seen him without his mask. His Brand is strong.

A lot of people have seen his face, even you might have seen him. And not know that they're seeing Lagbaja

3 Likes

Re: Performing With Lagbaja Was A Milestone – Simi by Lordofthewest(m): 9:39am On Aug 03, 2018
Frustrated Ipob pig suicide alert.. See pain
cocoboss:
stinking afonjas

9 Likes

Re: Performing With Lagbaja Was A Milestone – Simi by SAMBARRY: 9:40am On Aug 03, 2018
cocoboss:
stinking afonjas
Lagbaja is old enough to be her uncle

2 Likes

Re: Performing With Lagbaja Was A Milestone – Simi by princetom1(m): 9:41am On Aug 03, 2018
lanre316:

A lot of people have seen his face, even you might have seen him. And not know that they're seeing Lagbaja

Read ur answer again sir... Is like u went to prison, left a lover behind bt after u come out, u can't recognize her again, despite her passing u by everyday while u keep looking for her.... Now answer again.... Have u seen her?

1 Like

Re: Performing With Lagbaja Was A Milestone – Simi by princetom1(m): 9:42am On Aug 03, 2018
Anaskie:

Lagbaja no be small pikin at all.

Its surprising that he is still wearing mask at this old age. Na wa o

What does oni bata yi o kare mean please?

Kudos to this BATA (a kind of drum) drummer

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Meet "Larry Kent" The Cutest Man In Nigeria.(Photos) / Mr Jollof Celebrates Nigerian Army For Their Endless Effort In Nigeria / M.I & Okonjo-Iweala To Speak At Harvard University Leadership Conference

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.