Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,169 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:51 AM

An Architectural Tour Of North Korea(Photos) - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / An Architectural Tour Of North Korea(Photos) (2879 Views)

Pictures Of North Kyiv Of Ukraine After Russian Troops Retreated / Illegal Photos Of North Korea That Kim Jong Un Doesn’t Want You To See / Fire Broke Out In 8storey Fitness Centre, Killed 29 In South Korea(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Architectural Tour Of North Korea(Photos) by Efewestern: 7:06pm On Aug 03, 2018
sassysure:
Lots of people thought that north Korea is u developed thanks to US media.

Yet they have tourists every yr.

US media has killed us in this world.

When u tour Asia, u will forget US.

As per UK, let me reserve my comment abeg.

They are only releasing these pictures because North Korea decided to stop their production of Nuclear weapons, If you read at how the US media is currently downgrading Iran, you will think Iran is one underdeveloped and evil country, I was surprised at the level of Iran's scientific advancement, their taste for knowledge is second to none, yet the US and their allies keep saying rubbish about them.

4 Likes

Re: An Architectural Tour Of North Korea(Photos) by Rossikki: 7:36pm On Aug 03, 2018
You people DO realise that North Korea has a starving and repressed population, and is run by a brutal dictatorship?

There is no free speech. No freedom of assembly. No access to the internet. Or extremely limited access.

There's more to life than nice buildings.

NONE OF YOU COULD SURVIVE ONE WEEK IN NORTH KOREA.

6 Likes

Re: An Architectural Tour Of North Korea(Photos) by panafrican(m): 7:58pm On Aug 03, 2018
The only problem with those pictures is we see no crowded streets., the big streets are 99.9% empty. Almost no car. People are kind of too quiet and walking like ghosts, no joyful crowds

4 Likes

Re: An Architectural Tour Of North Korea(Photos) by Ishilove: 8:44pm On Aug 03, 2018
And who released these pictures?

NK propaganda. It reminds me of the rubbish Ambode is doing in Lagos. They bombard us with images of beautiful roads and bus terminals, meanwhile residents know that Lagos is unravelling and regressing back to those dark, pre-Fashola days.

That's exactly what is happening here. These people have no access to the Internet, their home media is highly regulated, there is no freedom of speech or expression, open dissent is seen as treachery against the state, punishable with death in some cases. They are taught to fear their leader and hate the outside world.

Abeg this is lean liberty. Very lean indeed.

2 Likes

Re: An Architectural Tour Of North Korea(Photos) by Abbeybailey(m): 9:36pm On Aug 03, 2018
Rossikki:
You people DO realise that North Korea has a starving and repressed population, and is run by a brutal dictatorship?

There is no free speech. No freedom of assembly. No access to the internet. Or extremely limited access.

Gbam.

3 Likes

Re: An Architectural Tour Of North Korea(Photos) by budaatum: 9:59pm On Aug 03, 2018
sassysure:

Ordinary any capital in Europe I go to and and shame catch me for Britain. Conservatism, the one we call small 'c', one severely holds us back while we delude ourselves we are of some significance.
Re: An Architectural Tour Of North Korea(Photos) by Abbeybailey(m): 10:12pm On Aug 03, 2018
Those are beautiful pictures but a country is more than beautiful buildings and infrastructures. There should be freedom for pursuit of life and happiness which is foreign to South Korea. The only reason our guys here are so enamored with those pictures is because Nigeria have been bastadized over the decades with corruption and nepotism that turns what's suppose to be an Eldorado to a laughing stock. Presently in Pretoria, SA and i see comparable buildings and infrastructures in the so called Developing Nation.

1 Like

Re: An Architectural Tour Of North Korea(Photos) by panafrican(m): 10:39pm On Aug 03, 2018
Can the British criticize the Queen and those expensive royal weddings in the U.K ?
Re: An Architectural Tour Of North Korea(Photos) by Abbeybailey(m): 10:42pm On Aug 03, 2018
panafrican:
Can the British criticize the Queen and those expensive royal weddings in the U.K ?
Yes , some do but they are in the minority. That's why I like my America. We can't tolerate any King or Queen lording over us. I don't care for the British Royal Family either. It's a huge burden on taxpayers. They are bunch of leeches living on the masses.

1 Like

Re: An Architectural Tour Of North Korea(Photos) by Appleyard(m): 11:07pm On Aug 03, 2018
sassysure:
Lots of people thought that north Korea is u developed thanks to US media.

Yet they have tourists every yr.

US media has killed us in this world.

When u tour Asia, u will forget US.

You get sense. Western fake news networks like BBSin, CNN and co, would never show you this. The same thing they are doing to Africa. All they want you to think, imbibe and believe is that places like North Korea, China, Russia, the entire land of Africa and other places that doesn't fit their masters narrative, are poverty stricken territories that should be forbidden.

Anyone still overwhelmingly relying on western media covens for news has already declare him or herself a zombified pygmie (no insult meant).

CNN or BBC will never tell you that the healthcare system of Slovenia and Morocco are better than what you have in the United States of Anarchy. BBC or CNN will not tell you that Singapore and HongKong, not to mention Switzerland has better infrastructure than the US and the UK. The only thing they know how to ditch out is fake news.

The recently concluded world cup in Russia has exposed some of their lies. Many English travelers came to a shocking realisation that they were being lied to by the media. I remember one of them saying that with the way English media was reporting events about Russia, he and many more English people thought the place is like West Africa. But he was shocked when he started traveling around Russia. Even the guardian and a host of other papers confessed Russia isn't what is being constantly reported.

We all know that Western Mainstream media news releases are 80 scripted and controlled by intelligence forces. That's a fact.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: An Architectural Tour Of North Korea(Photos) by Appleyard(m): 11:16pm On Aug 03, 2018
Electronzeez:
And most brainwashed nigerians who has never being to MMA like me will sit in thier house and talk about how Nk citizens are suffering .

Of course, that's the price people paid when they can't think for themselves PR even take the time out to research for themselves. It's pathetic how some folks easily swallow the bullshit coming from BBsin and CNN.
Re: An Architectural Tour Of North Korea(Photos) by Appleyard(m): 11:35pm On Aug 03, 2018
Rossikki:

What a babel. The people that are dancing or working about are being repressed, incarcerated, and have no or little access to the internet yet they are alive and even feature in sport competitions all over the world. My friend....

You even said most of us here can't survived one week in North Korea....But tourists go to the place every year. Even some Americans can't resist the temptation. How many of them have died?

Are you insinuating that the Korean people are subhumans? Or you mean to say the condition of some states in Northern Nigeria are better than what is attainable in NK, yet they are Alive?

I will take my chances with North Korea than to live in a place like Chicago where the police will be too glad to put 20 bullets in your skin for being black.

Let Koreans live their own defined democracy. Don't impose yours on them. Isn't that what democracy means? cool

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Architectural Tour Of North Korea(Photos) by addictiv(m): 12:45am On Aug 04, 2018
panafrican:
The only problem with those pictures is we see no crowded streets., the big streets are 99.9% empty. Almost no car. People are kind of too quiet and walking like ghosts, no joyful crowds
absolutley, No pictures of streets, no cars, no rowdy busy monday morning rush...the pictures look like they re staged.
Re: An Architectural Tour Of North Korea(Photos) by Abbeybailey(m): 4:49am On Aug 04, 2018
Appleyard:

What a babel. The people that are dancing or working about are being repressed, incarcerated, and have no or little access to the internet yet they are alive and even feature in sport competitions all over the world. My friend....

You even said most of us here can't survived one week in North Korea....But tourists go to the place every year. Even some Americans can't resist the temptation. How many of them have died?

Are you insinuating that the Korean people are subhumans? Or you mean to say the condition of some states in Northern Nigeria are better than what is attainable in NK, yet they are Alive?

I will take my chances with North Korea than to live in a place like Chicago where the police will be too glad to put 20 bullets in your skin for being black.

Let Koreans live their own defined democracy. Don't impose yours on them. Isn't that what democracy means? cool
You never ceases to amaze me with your idiocy. Kim Jung Un killed his half brother in Singapore. The same guy killed his uncle with mortal shells. There's a reason a lot of people are running away from NK to SK and China. Comparing that despotic wasteland to Chicago shows your mental faculty is equivalent of a 2nd Grader. A guy who never left his ritualistic village is saying junk about Chicago that happens to be a world renowned cosmopolitan city. Couldn't blame you since you never step outside of your third world hideout filled with ritualists.
Re: An Architectural Tour Of North Korea(Photos) by SIRTee15: 7:48am On Aug 04, 2018
Bla bla bla....
Beautiful indeed....
Reminds me of what abacha did to abuja during his repressive n evil regime....
Abuja was referred to as little London those days....
Yet his regime successfully wiped out the middle class n many Nigerians suddenly discovered they were poor....
Let's not talk about the numerous murders n his brutal dictatorship.....
North korea is a repressive n authoritarian regime....
Simple....
It's citizens are not in anyway prosperous n their lives is a constant struggle....
I don't need any CNN or BBC to tell me this....
If the despotic leader wants to prove us wrong....
He should allow north Koreans the freedom to leave the country if they want to...
Then they can tell their stories as well as compare n contrast their country to others..
Not all these propangada the op posted..
Re: An Architectural Tour Of North Korea(Photos) by SIRTee15: 8:06am On Aug 04, 2018
Nigerian are easily swayed by beautiful buildings and clean streets....
I don't blame us....
Our infrastructure is so poor n derelict that we've come to believe a good life is equivalent to a wonderful infrastructure.....
What we don't know is our infrastructure is far behind most African countries not to talk of western or Asian nations.....
If not for the retrogressive n analogue thinking leaders we have, what's the big deal in making road.....
It's only in nigeria u spend billions upon billions to construct roads....
Most east European nations are poor but they all have good n efficient roads....

There's more to a prosperous economy than infrastructure...
Infrastructure alone doesn't cut it.....

A nairalander made a diary on Azerbaijan or one of those central Asian countries....
Initially he was praising the country due to good roads n tall buildings...
Then his tone change to that of regrets...
Finally he warned people not to even think of coming to the country due to lack of opportunity n poor salary....

The punk guy should take a cue from China n Vietnam....
Open up the economy.....
Allow FDI n capital inflow.....
Improve the standard of living of north Koreans....
Give them good jobs.....
Allow for market reform n create viable opportunities for the people..
That's what north Koreans want, nor all these propaganda.....

1 Like

Re: An Architectural Tour Of North Korea(Photos) by Deejay777(m): 12:06pm On Aug 04, 2018
The western media always portraying d country badly, I used to think d country will b filled with huts and low quality infrastructure

1 Like

Re: An Architectural Tour Of North Korea(Photos) by Viktor1983(m): 1:12am On Aug 05, 2018
Just a few pictures and a bunch of people here already think NK is Eldorado....
Yes we know BBC and CNN always go Gangnam on North Korea but more than 50% of it is true.
Re: An Architectural Tour Of North Korea(Photos) by Rossikki: 7:04pm On Aug 05, 2018
Appleyard:

My friend, if you go to North Korea and criticise the govt they can kill you. The jails are filled with thousands of political prisoners. No internet access. No forming political parties to contest elections. Nothing.

What the hell is wrong with you? I don't think you've ever lived under a dictatorship, so you are underestimating the conditions. People here in Nigeria gave their lives to get rid of Abacha. And he was nowhere near as harsh as Kim. Not even close. Better go and get some sense somewhere.
Re: An Architectural Tour Of North Korea(Photos) by panafrican(m): 9:45pm On Aug 05, 2018
We need a dictator !
General Buhari should start jailing some Nigerians just like in North Korea.
Let's teach a lesson to those Haussa, Yoruba and Igbo !
grin grin grin grin
You all have a good day !
Bye now !

1 Like

Re: An Architectural Tour Of North Korea(Photos) by Appleyard(m): 12:35am On Aug 06, 2018
Rossikki:

My friend, if you go to North Korea and criticise the govt they can kill you. The jails are filled with thousands of political prisoners. No internet access. No forming political parties to contest elections. Nothing.

What the hell is wrong with you? I don't think you've ever lived under a dictatorship, so you are underestimating the conditions. People here in Nigeria gave their lives to get rid of Abacha. And he was nowhere near as harsh as Kim. Not even close. Better go and get some sense somewhere.

Stop shifting goal post. Even a child in the womb knows Kim is a dictator. But its different when you are painting the country to look like is the devil's own backyard. What happens to the people under incarceration and tortured by the US in Guantanamo Bay? That is democracy right? Just answer the questions.

You said none of us here in Nigeria can survive a week in North Korea, but the country have 27 million people and they are still alive. Tourists go to the country and they return back in one piece. If the country is as frightening as u and the western media want us to believe, why have all these people not died?

No one here is supporting dictatorship, but adding to the facts while they look contrarywise, is something we always take with a grain of salt. North Korea may be bad, but no way near the way western media are reporting it.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

25 World`s Most Gorgeous Female Politicians / United States Senator In Serious Problems For Twerking Without Clothes / Please Let Nelson Mandela Depart Peacefully

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.