Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,760 members, 7,806,081 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:09 AM

How Google Has Managed To Maintain Its Dominance On The Internet Space - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Google Has Managed To Maintain Its Dominance On The Internet Space (9077 Views)

Services And Applications Google Has Shutdown In 2019 / How Google Plans On Replacing Android With Fuschia OS / Google Has Been Recording You. Here's How To Delete The Files (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Google Has Managed To Maintain Its Dominance On The Internet Space by RevenGeMission: 7:57am On Aug 04, 2018
Google is Literally everything

But it can be shutdown as well
DarkMagic:
Google is one site that can never shut down
The traffic per day alone ehn
Re: How Google Has Managed To Maintain Its Dominance On The Internet Space by Olalekank(m): 7:58am On Aug 04, 2018
Yungwizzzy28:
Google owns the internet but Mark Zuckerberg has been giving them tough time recently
Tough time?
Check it again
Re: How Google Has Managed To Maintain Its Dominance On The Internet Space by jaheymezz(m): 8:03am On Aug 04, 2018
Yungwizzzy28:
Google owns the internet but Mark Zuckerberg has been giving them tough time recently

Seriously?? You mean giving them tough time by losing more and more money recently? I like that kind of Zuckerberg's tough time o
Re: How Google Has Managed To Maintain Its Dominance On The Internet Space by ShenTeh(m): 8:13am On Aug 04, 2018
]
johnmattew:
Ur second paragraph nailed it.....seun isn't a strategist.he 8s only contented with what he earns without planning how to move forward...that's why lindaikeji is better and expanding farther.

this forum isn't encouraging/attracting intelligent ppl...the moderators are too backward in their thinking.they made out a forum for insults

My brother got a 10 year ban on this platform for asking an innocent question on a BBnaija thread!

Imagine handing a ten year ban to a 'member', who has been on your platform since 2007 for a flimsy excuse.

Seun Osewa and his mods will kill this platform with shear sheer retrogression retrogressiveness.
Re: How Google Has Managed To Maintain Its Dominance On The Internet Space by wirinet(m): 8:17am On Aug 04, 2018
johnmattew:
this article is so superficial.....no deep research and the writer knowledge of Google is so elementary

My brother i tired o!.

The article was poorly researched and poorly written.

I cannot remember yahoo ever dominating the search engine space. Yahoo primary business was providing free emails, which it dominated. It then also dominated the chat market with yahoo messenger. It was later it veered into other markets like search engine, news, and others.

Google on the other hand started with search engine in mind. Google was known primarily for search engine. They dominated search engine right from the start. In the beginning all their revenue was from search. Adword and adsense was the standard revenue model.
It was from the success of revenue from search that Google ventured and dominated other markets.

It is misinformation to say chrome is included in android OS. It means you do not understand how android works. Android is open source, so it is left for developers and phone companies to include chrome in their phones, Many dont. I had many phones I had to install chrome from playstore. Nowadays, most phone manufacturers include chrome in their applications.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Google Has Managed To Maintain Its Dominance On The Internet Space by Afonja007: 8:27am On Aug 04, 2018
so google is richer than our allmighty lagos economy? undecided undecided undecided
Re: How Google Has Managed To Maintain Its Dominance On The Internet Space by Dollabiz: 8:29am On Aug 04, 2018
Oh
Re: How Google Has Managed To Maintain Its Dominance On The Internet Space by SEONaijaExpert: 8:36am On Aug 04, 2018
Google's dominance is massive and yahoo was almost close till they flopped.

We design premium blogs
We do full SEO ranking for your blog/website
Increase DA and PA
Generate healthy backlinks to your site
0815 134 9272
Re: How Google Has Managed To Maintain Its Dominance On The Internet Space by Akinnifesi3: 8:42am On Aug 04, 2018
Are you a service provider ,business person,entertainer,fashion designer,beauty professional,spa expert,artist,musician,contractor,consultant,human resource manager,painter,mechanic etc and want to advertise your skills ,products and potentials to the world and enable customers far and wide to locate you?
I bring to you the ultimate bridge to excellence
Register your profile on >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>www.catnetconnect.com
Thank me later

Re: How Google Has Managed To Maintain Its Dominance On The Internet Space by Nobody: 8:43am On Aug 04, 2018
One word: Innovation. They are quick to see what's next an before you know it they are there. They believe in their employees and allow them do their jobs without interference. They believe in talents... very smart folks come in through the product manager program. These employees owns the product. Number one company when it comes to intrapreneurship
Re: How Google Has Managed To Maintain Its Dominance On The Internet Space by johnmattew: 8:51am On Aug 04, 2018
ShenTeh:
[/s][s]

My brother got a 10 year ban on this platform for asking an innocent question on a BBnaija thread!

Imagine handing a ten year ban to a 'member', who has been on your platform since 2007 for a flimsy excuse.

Seun Osewa and his mods will kill this platform with shear retrogression
all thanks to dumb moderators who don't know what their jobs are....seun employed his inexperienced friends and relatives to handle nairaland and they are doing it badly.

if u read thru the comment section,u will see the type of ppl that are on nairaland and that's because of the quality of contents on nairaland..the topics on front-page attract comments from dumbos and educated illiterates.that aside,most topics u see on nairaland are false and fake.mods desperately push useless topics to front-page so as. to make commenters insult one another.

5 Likes

Re: How Google Has Managed To Maintain Its Dominance On The Internet Space by Nobody: 8:52am On Aug 04, 2018
wirinet:

My brother i tired o!.

The article was poorly researched and poorly written.

I cannot remember yahoo ever dominating the search engine space. Yahoo primary business was providing free emails, which it dominated. It then also dominated the chat market with yahoo messenger. It was later it veered into other markets like search engine, news, and others.

Google on the other hand started with search engine in mind. Google was known primarily for search engine. They dominated search engine right from the start. In the beginning all their revenue was from search. Adword and adsense was the standard revenue model.
It was from the success of revenue from search that Google ventured and dominated other markets.

It is misinformation to say chrome is included in android OS. It means you do not understand how android works. Android is open source, so it is left for developers and phone companies to include chrome in their phones, Many dont. I had many phones I had to install chrome from playstore. Nowadays, most phone manufacturers include chrome in their applications.
Go back and do your research. Ever heard of MSN @ bolded. Yahoo was a search engine. Google copied yahoo but with a different vision.
Re: How Google Has Managed To Maintain Its Dominance On The Internet Space by johnmattew: 8:53am On Aug 04, 2018
Afonja007:
so google is richer than our allmighty lagos economy? undecided undecided undecided
what a dumb question
Re: How Google Has Managed To Maintain Its Dominance On The Internet Space by EarthXmetahuman: 8:54am On Aug 04, 2018
pol23:
Google.com
Still wondering how FB is richer than google,
Google is the most visited web on earth.
YouTube is second... also owned by Google.
FB is third....
Google owns Andriod..the world most used mobile OS.
They also owns GMail...the word most use Email.... among others.
fb owns Instagram, Facebook, what's app etc.

Do you know how many people use those platforms daily?

Google is still more valuable and richer though.
Re: How Google Has Managed To Maintain Its Dominance On The Internet Space by okwabayi(m): 9:27am On Aug 04, 2018
The moderator who deleted my first and insightful comment is one of the many problems this forum faces. They will rather conceal the truth and stay inane than constructively guide their actions through it.
Re: How Google Has Managed To Maintain Its Dominance On The Internet Space by okwabayi(m): 9:37am On Aug 04, 2018
ShenTeh:
[/s][s]

Your "brother" knew what he did and deserved the ban. He should have asked the relevant question on a soccer thread but alas those threads don't condone trolling.

All the more reason why he deserved it. He used this forum long enough to know the rights and wrongs.

Seun Osewa and his mods will kill this platform with shear retrogression
This is the only part I agree with. I doubt the man even cares sofar his monthly profit is either constant or increasing. One can notice he is more active on Reddit or comes here to troll with his alternate accounts.
Re: How Google Has Managed To Maintain Its Dominance On The Internet Space by wirinet(m): 9:43am On Aug 04, 2018
majekdom2:
Go back and do your research. Ever heard of MSN @ bolded. Yahoo was a search engine. Google copied yahoo but with a different vision.

Google copied Yahoo? Now where did you get that from? Yahoo at no time dominated the search engine space. Yes others were jostling for space in the search engine space, but no one actually dominated.
Google search dominated right from the start because they had superior technology and filing system.

Now read this;
https://www.searchenginepeople.com/blog/engines-google-killed.html
Re: How Google Has Managed To Maintain Its Dominance On The Internet Space by ShenTeh(m): 10:00am On Aug 04, 2018
okwabayi:

Your "brother" knew what he did and deserved the ban. He should have asked the relevant question on a soccer thread but alas those threads don't condone trolling.

All the more reason why he deserved it. He used this forum long enough to know the rights and wrongs.

This is the only part I agree with. I doubt the man even cares sofar his monthly profit is either constant or increasing. One can notice he is more active on Reddit or comes here to troll with his alternate accounts.

Trolling, my friend, is part of what drives traffic.
Ask Twitter, Facebook, ... but what do I know.
Re: How Google Has Managed To Maintain Its Dominance On The Internet Space by Elfaris(m): 10:04am On Aug 04, 2018
Nice article, am inspired. let me go and create my own. I'll probably name it Noogle.
Re: How Google Has Managed To Maintain Its Dominance On The Internet Space by Nobody: 10:06am On Aug 04, 2018
wirinet:

Google copied Yahoo? Now where did you get that from? Yahoo at no time dominated the search engine space. Yes others were jostling for space in the search engine space, but no one actually dominated.
Google search dominated right from the start because they had superior technology and filing system.

Now read this;
https://www.searchenginepeople.com/blog/engines-google-killed.html
displacement is different from being the first mover. My point is simply google copied the search engine technlogy from others. They were not the first. Many companies dominating the Tech space are copy cats of some other companies. Google copied likes of yahoo and others in that link as google started around 96, Facebook copied likes of Hi5 and my space. It wanted to be an alumni platform. Copying with innovation is what makes one stand out. The case with google.
Re: How Google Has Managed To Maintain Its Dominance On The Internet Space by okwabayi(m): 10:06am On Aug 04, 2018
ShenTeh:

Trolling, my friend, is part of what drives traffic.
Ask Twitter, Facebook, ... but what do I know.
So why do soccer threads have zero forms of it yet receive high patronage?
Re: How Google Has Managed To Maintain Its Dominance On The Internet Space by musicwriter(m): 10:16am On Aug 04, 2018
The company has very good software engineers and also serious thinkers. That's why everything they do is almost perfect. Anything else is an addition to this.
Re: How Google Has Managed To Maintain Its Dominance On The Internet Space by ojasweb(m): 10:29am On Aug 04, 2018
Yungwizzzy28:

Mark's Facebook rose to power with the help of Google, however Mark is devilish and never wanted any platform to be better off. If they notice a platform is growing too fast, they find ways to push them down or frustrate them. Typical example if you run ads on their platform trying to send traffic to your site, as soon as you start getting thousands of traffic and increasing engagement, they will mark your link as spam. That's one of their trick.

Also if a platform is growing fast with new inventions, they will make bid to purchase the platform/tool, however if such bid is rejected, Mark's team will clone the new invention and promote it hugely until they push the original invention to the bin. Typical example is WhatsApp and Snapchat.
Re: How Google Has Managed To Maintain Its Dominance On The Internet Space by Chikebranny123(m): 10:32am On Aug 04, 2018
Afonja007:

I don't believe it

The legend is true....

But is this really a smart question

Re: How Google Has Managed To Maintain Its Dominance On The Internet Space by Chikebranny123(m): 10:35am On Aug 04, 2018
Elfaris:
Nice article, am inspired. let me go and create my own. I'll probably name it Noogle.
Nipple is a better name
Re: How Google Has Managed To Maintain Its Dominance On The Internet Space by AKEEMNAS(m): 11:27am On Aug 04, 2018
I love this article, thanks, one thing about I. T is you have to be INNOVATIVE and google has got that, though I am not surprised with this information about them, watch out something is coming from someone. Bye.
Re: How Google Has Managed To Maintain Its Dominance On The Internet Space by TroubleMaker47(m): 11:36am On Aug 04, 2018
johnmattew:
Google is worth over $800billion
The way you people keep throwing up random figures ehhh?
$800billion kwa?
Re: How Google Has Managed To Maintain Its Dominance On The Internet Space by ollah2: 11:47am On Aug 04, 2018
pol23:
Google.com
Still wondering how FB is richer than google,
Google is the most visited web on earth.
YouTube is second... also owned by Google.
FB is third....
Google owns Andriod..the world most used mobile OS.
They also owns GMail...the word most use Email.... among others.

You are wrong tho. Facebook isn't richer than Google but Mark Zukerburg is richer than Google duo. If the Google guys were merged into one, it surpasses the wealth of Mark.
Re: How Google Has Managed To Maintain Its Dominance On The Internet Space by ollah2: 11:49am On Aug 04, 2018
ojasweb:

Mark's Facebook rose to power with the help of Google, however Mark is devilish and never wanted any platform to be better off. If they notice a platform is growing too fast, they find ways to push them down or frustrate them. Typical example if you run ads on their platform trying to send traffic to your site, as soon as you start getting thousands of traffic and increasing engagement, they will mark your link as spam. That's one of their trick.

Also if a platform is growing fast with new inventions, they will make bid to purchase the platform/tool, however if such bid is rejected, Mark's team will clone the new invention and promote it hugely until they push the original invention to the bin. Typical example is WhatsApp and Snapchat.

It's actually Instagram and snapchat. Instagram is even better at least on the Android platform where a better api is used as against what's used on Snapchat
Re: How Google Has Managed To Maintain Its Dominance On The Internet Space by muzeze77: 12:07pm On Aug 04, 2018
You forgot to mention that at one point Google offered itself to be bought by Yahoo for 1 million dollars but folks at Yahoo declined
Re: How Google Has Managed To Maintain Its Dominance On The Internet Space by Elfaris(m): 12:22pm On Aug 04, 2018
Chikebranny123:
Nipple is a better name
Hehehe bad guy. lol

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Powerfull Beastly Android Phones U Will Never Regret Buying @ Moderate Prices / HTC Announces Their Windows Phone 8S / How Many Sim Cards Have You Used?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.