Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,634 members, 7,827,355 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:57 AM

Google Has Been Recording You. Here's How To Delete The Files - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Google Has Been Recording You. Here's How To Delete The Files (5507 Views)

Services And Applications Google Has Shutdown In 2019 / Google Has A Dark Side? / How Google Has Managed To Maintain Its Dominance On The Internet Space (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Google Has Been Recording You. Here's How To Delete The Files by bgossipnaija(f): 7:53am On Oct 14, 2017
You probably know that Google keeps track of everything you type into its search bar, just like it scans your email to “analyze your content.”

But what you may not realize is that Google has been recording you too, as the Guardian points out. The recording isn’t necessarily being conducted in the NSA-manner Edward Snowden talked about recently. Still, if you’ve used Google’s voice-control features (normally prompted after saying “OK Google”), everything you’ve spoken to the service has been recorded. Fortunately, Google does allow you to listen to yourself and clear that history.

If you visit Google’s History site and go to the Voice & Audio Activity tab, you can listen to what you’ve asked Google and delete all the files. You can also change the settings to make sure it doesn’t record you again.

There have been suggestions that Apple’s Siri and Microsoft’s Cortana have also been recording what users say—but there’s apparently no way to delete those recordings. Amazon’s Echo is supposedly the worst of all these services, seeing as it’s recording everything since it’s always on. (It doesn’t have to be prompted to turn on like the others.) You can clear the history of Amazon Echo, however.

http://www.bgossipnaija.com.ng/2017/10/google-has-been-recording-you-heres-how.html

[img]https://1.bp..com/-tkC_RWRSBNM/WctjkP84-zI/AAAAAAAAGzg/VplWsxPZARYu-KeRlrFP-tCdVPB0K8FugCLcBGAs/s640/google.png[/img]
Re: Google Has Been Recording You. Here's How To Delete The Files by cooldude62(m): 8:15am On Oct 14, 2017
Same way I found out recently that Swift internet provider always see you through camera on your system when you call the customer center for free.
I almost freaked out. All the calls when you are home wearing nothing!

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Google Has Been Recording You. Here's How To Delete The Files by RSVP: 8:29am On Oct 14, 2017
cooldude62:
Same way I found out recently that Swift internet provider always see you through camera on your system when you call the customer center for free.

For Real?? How?
Re: Google Has Been Recording You. Here's How To Delete The Files by segunoz(m): 8:35am On Oct 14, 2017
cooldude62:
That is so untrue. I work at Swift, so I know.
Re: Google Has Been Recording You. Here's How To Delete The Files by cooldude62(m): 9:00am On Oct 14, 2017
segunoz:

I suspected and someone with swift confirmed it. Why do you guys not pick calls from a system without camera?

2 Likes

Re: Google Has Been Recording You. Here's How To Delete The Files by PenSniper: 9:25am On Oct 14, 2017
segunoz:

Faceless lie.

4 Likes

Re: Google Has Been Recording You. Here's How To Delete The Files by tomisinuno(m): 9:44am On Oct 14, 2017
www.bgmconnect.com . special online market
Re: Google Has Been Recording You. Here's How To Delete The Files by segunoz(m): 9:48am On Oct 14, 2017
PenSniper:

Faceless lie.
Assumption is the worst form of intelligence.
I am currently undergoing an internship program at Swift. I don't know why anyone would lie about that.

btw, such an unsubstantiated claim about customer privacy policy violations is a very serious issue. Very serious. Especially when it is a libelous defamatory accusation.

3 Likes

Re: Google Has Been Recording You. Here's How To Delete The Files by Nobody: 10:47am On Oct 14, 2017
segunoz:

I am currently undergoing an internship program at Swift. I don't know why anyone would lie about that.

btw, such an unsubstantiated claim about customer privacy policy violations is a very serious issue. Very serious. Especially when it is a libelous defamatory accusation.

Even in America, they spy on there citizens watching them on there laptop and they don't even know, that why professional hackers advise people to apply duck tape on the speaker and camera of your laptop as they can easily spy on you.
This is why Snowden exposed US to the world and ran to Russia. There so many things people don't know when they use the net.

1 Like

Re: Google Has Been Recording You. Here's How To Delete The Files by Nobody: 10:54am On Oct 14, 2017
ASK THEM HOW GOOGLE EARTH WORKS.....U CAN REQUEST A STREET VIEW AND IMAE WILL POP UP....AD THAT IMAGE WAS FORCE SNAPPED FROM ANY ONES CAMERA CLOSE TO THAT ENVIRONMENT.....EVEN IF UA NAKED IT WILL TAKE THE PICTURE THROUGH EITHER FRONT OR BACK CAMERA.....DOWNLOAD GOOGLE EARTH AND TRY STREET VIEW CLICK ON A HOUSE....I DON'T KNOW HOW NETWORKS WORKS DOWN THERE IN NIGERIA BUT U CAN STILL TRY

4 Likes

Re: Google Has Been Recording You. Here's How To Delete The Files by Rexphobia(m): 11:57am On Oct 14, 2017
There is too much ignorance in one thread

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Google Has Been Recording You. Here's How To Delete The Files by PenSniper: 12:50pm On Oct 14, 2017
segunoz:

She probably didn't realise the implications in the last paragraph, even if she was right but has no way to prove it.
But if such a thing does happen, the it leaves much to be desired.
However, i don't see corporate entities allowing such facilities at the disposal staff in customer care section.

1 Like

Re: Google Has Been Recording You. Here's How To Delete The Files by Aquactic(m): 1:13pm On Oct 14, 2017
Endtime company shocked

Check my signature to get your very Iphone for free.
Re: Google Has Been Recording You. Here's How To Delete The Files by wins18(m): 1:14pm On Oct 14, 2017
bgossipnaija:

You probably know that Google keeps track of everything you type into its search bar, just like it scans your email to “analyze your content.”

But what you may not realize is that Google has been recording you too, as the Guardian points out. The recording isn’t necessarily being conducted in the NSA-manner Edward Snowden talked about recently. Still, if you’ve used Google’s voice-control features (normally prompted after saying “OK Google”), everything you’ve spoken to the service has been recorded. Fortunately, Google does allow you to listen to yourself and clear that history.

If you visit Google’s History site and go to the Voice & Audio Activity tab, you can listen to what you’ve asked Google and delete all the files. You can also change the settings to make sure it doesn’t record you again.

There have been suggestions that Apple’s Siri and Microsoft’s Cortana have also been recording what users say—but there’s apparently no way to delete those recordings. Amazon’s Echo is supposedly the worst of all these services, seeing as it’s recording everything since it’s always on. (It doesn’t have to be prompted to turn on like the others.) You can clear the history of Amazon Echo, however.

http://www.bgossipnaija.com.ng/2017/10/google-has-been-recording-you-heres-how.html

[img]https://1.bp..com/-tkC_RWRSBNM/WctjkP84-zI/AAAAAAAAGzg/VplWsxPZARYu-KeRlrFP-tCdVPB0K8FugCLcBGAs/s640/google.png[/img]
Thanks for the info op, pls do drop the link so I can check mine
Re: Google Has Been Recording You. Here's How To Delete The Files by Trendy247: 1:40pm On Oct 14, 2017
ezenwajosh:
ASK THEM HOW GOOGLE EARTH WORKS.....U CAN REQUEST A STREET VIEW AND IMAE WILL POP UP....AD THAT IMAGE WAS FORCE SNAPPED FROM ANY ONES CAMERA CLOSE TO THAT ENVIRONMENT.....EVEN IF UA NAKED IT WILL TAKE THE PICTURE THROUGH EITHER FRONT OR BACK CAMERA.....DOWNLOAD GOOGLE EARTH AND TRY STREET VIEW CLICK ON A HOUSE....I DON'T KNOW HOW NETWORKS WORKS DOWN THERE IN NIGERIA BUT U CAN STILL TRY
Linus

8 Likes

Re: Google Has Been Recording You. Here's How To Delete The Files by netbeans1(m): 1:54pm On Oct 14, 2017
Trendy247:

Linus

cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: Google Has Been Recording You. Here's How To Delete The Files by victorioushands: 2:42pm On Oct 14, 2017
cooldude62:

JUST GET A BLACK SELLOTAPE AND BLOCK YOUR CAMERA WHEN YOU DON'T WANNA USE IT. THEY CAN'T DO A THING FURTHER.

3 Likes

Re: Google Has Been Recording You. Here's How To Delete The Files by Samusu(m): 3:10pm On Oct 14, 2017
I am not surprise

Even Mark Zuckerberg doesn't trust the system, that's why his system's camera is always blocked

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Google Has Been Recording You. Here's How To Delete The Files by Bahddo(m): 5:41pm On Oct 14, 2017
ezenwajosh:
So much ignorance in one post. Who told you street view is live and from the cameras of random passersby?

2 Likes

Re: Google Has Been Recording You. Here's How To Delete The Files by Nobody: 6:57pm On Oct 14, 2017
[q
Re: Google Has Been Recording You. Here's How To Delete The Files by Nobody: 7:22pm On Oct 14, 2017
Bahddo:
So much ignorance in one post. Who told you street view is live and from the cameras of random passersby?

Uhm don't know if you can read or someone read it to you....I never said street view is live....All I said Google can get a picture of the street from any camera nearest to that location....if your phone is on data connection or WiFi and you,re the closest to the location....Google Street will force snap through your phone cameras....and will even have your name displayed on the screen of the picture...as the source of the picture

1 Like

Re: Google Has Been Recording You. Here's How To Delete The Files by Nobody: 7:24pm On Oct 14, 2017
Bahddo:

Uhm don't know if you can read or someone read it to you....I never said street view is live....All I said Google can get a picture of the street from any camera nearest to that location....if your phone is on data connection or WiFi and you,re the closest to the location....Google Street will force snap through your phone cameras....and will even have your name displayed on the screen of the picture...as the source of the picture...they can also use taxi cameras or any nearby device registered with google
Re: Google Has Been Recording You. Here's How To Delete The Files by Hemcy1(m): 7:50pm On Oct 14, 2017
fidalgo19:

Even in America, they spy on there citizens watching them on there laptop and they don't even know, that why professional hackers advise people to apply duck tape on the speaker and camera of your laptop as they can easily spy on you.
This is why Snowden exposed US to the world and ran to Russia. There so many things people don't know when they use the net.

This is true,I used to do such thing on my cell phone.their was a day I hacked into one boutique CCTV camera in Malaysia from Nigeria,and some traffic lights in some other countries like that.even camcorders.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Google Has Been Recording You. Here's How To Delete The Files by Solomonudofia(m): 7:55pm On Oct 14, 2017
Hmmm
Re: Google Has Been Recording You. Here's How To Delete The Files by olorunthobby(f): 8:14pm On Oct 14, 2017
Google is a modafucking spy.
Re: Google Has Been Recording You. Here's How To Delete The Files by Bahddo(m): 10:20pm On Oct 14, 2017
ezenwajosh:

Uhm don't know if you can read or someone read it to you....I never said street view is live....All I said Google can get a picture of the street from any camera nearest to that location....if your phone is on data connection or WiFi and you,re the closest to the location....Google Street will force snap through your phone cameras....and will even have your name displayed on the screen of the picture...as the source of the picture...they can also use taxi cameras or any nearby device registered with google
Google also remotely positions the phones without owner's knowledge so that they take panoramic pictures right? Smh.

Google has its team of photographers, and they usually use their Street View cars in streets, sometimes tricycles and trekkers. They came to Lagos some months ago and that's why we now have Street View of some places in Lagos.

While it is possible for users to CONTRIBUTE images, the images are supplementary material. It also has to follow their guidelines to even be accepted and published. True, they spy on you all the time, and track your web activity, but they don't not force snap pics for Street View with your phones.

3 Likes

Re: Google Has Been Recording You. Here's How To Delete The Files by idonijesamod(m): 11:21pm On Oct 14, 2017
Get free usa number via gmail,simply longin and get one [url=ww.sendsmsfree.000 webhost app.com]clickhere[/ur]
Re: Google Has Been Recording You. Here's How To Delete The Files by laribari(m): 11:50pm On Oct 14, 2017
Hemcy1:

This is true,I used to do such thing on my cell phone.their was a day I hacked into one boutique CCTV camera in Malaysia from Nigeria,and some traffic lights in some other countries like that.even camcorders.

Bro I dawg my hat for u; u don tey for the job
Re: Google Has Been Recording You. Here's How To Delete The Files by AlwaysUltraPad: 7:12am On Oct 15, 2017
cooldude62:
grin grin
Re: Google Has Been Recording You. Here's How To Delete The Files by AlwaysUltraPad: 7:15am On Oct 15, 2017
Hemcy1:

I suppose come learn some skills , bros. Even na programming, make I learn from your place. Baba na baba
Re: Google Has Been Recording You. Here's How To Delete The Files by talk2hb1(m): 9:37am On Oct 15, 2017
Gbese cry
Re: Google Has Been Recording You. Here's How To Delete The Files by abumeinben(m): 3:12pm On Oct 15, 2017
I laff in c++

There's no activity on you Android device or any other devices that's not within the reach of it's provider.

If you deleted those activities history from your device, they would be there on Google server holding your files. Don't forget, for every Gmail account your create, Google "dashes" 15GB of storage on their server for files and activities. Even though you closed the account, the history is there. So don't bother deleting anything that's Service provider related.

You can as well try to delete your SMS, MTN got them on their server. Same goes for your calls.

The only condition under which deletion is useful is if security agencies are after you.

In summary, FORGET PRIVACY IN INFORMATION AGE

I hope I've been able to convince you, and not confuse you that you should forget about deleting activities.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Awof From MTN / Is The Samsung Galaxy S6 A True Iphone 6 Killer? / Learn To Develop Android & Ios Apps Without Writing Codes(free Tutorial)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.