Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,867 members, 7,810,309 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:38 AM

Goat Business - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Goat Business (897 Views)

Goat Engages In Intense Battle With Owner Over Rice (video) / In Need Of Boer Goat / Photos Of Slay Goat That Refused To Breastfeed Her Baby, After Giving Birth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Goat Business by peacengine(m): 9:05am On Aug 04, 2018
Wonderful fellow Agriculturist. We wanna start small scale goat business in my compound, what do we need to do and know before starting, is it a lucrative business?
Re: Goat Business by Shelumiel: 9:10am On Aug 04, 2018
Yes it is. But that would depend your location and you strategy .
Re: Goat Business by peacengine(m): 9:16am On Aug 04, 2018
Shelumiel:
Yes it is. But that would depend your location and you strategy .

Thank you sir. My bro got a land that he's leased to me for some years. Grasses always grow so fast there making it difficult to manage without paying mallams to cut it down. I dunno much about goat business but I'm willing to learn. For my sake and others who may be interested, bro help with any information you know that will give us the best strategy
Re: Goat Business by Shelumiel: 10:32am On Aug 04, 2018
peacengine:

Thank you sir. My bro got a land that he's leased to me for some years. Grasses always grow so fast there making it difficult to manage without paying mallams to cut it down. I dunno much about goat business but I'm willing to learn. For my sake and others who may be interested, bro help with any information you know that will give us the best strategy
I will be glad to help in anyway possible , but I will like to ask a question before giving advice. Are you running a semi-intensive system or intensive system of goat farming ?
Re: Goat Business by peacengine(m): 8:20pm On Aug 04, 2018
Shelumiel:
I will be glad to help in anyway possible , but I will like to ask a question before giving advice. Are you running a semi-intensive system or intensive system of goat farming ?

Semi-intensive is what I intend doing sir. I wanna start with few goats before taking off from there
Re: Goat Business by Shelumiel: 8:36pm On Aug 04, 2018
peacengine:

Semi-intensive is what I intend doing sir. I wanna start with few goats before taking off from there
That is good . Have you bought goats ?
Re: Goat Business by peacengine(m): 8:39pm On Aug 04, 2018
Shelumiel:
That is good . Have you bought goats ?

Not yet buh I'm preparing their shed. I also wanna get fencing wire so they don't go beyond a certain distance. How many should I start with sir?
Re: Goat Business by Shelumiel: 9:33pm On Aug 04, 2018
peacengine:

Not yet buh I'm preparing their shed. I also wanna get fencing wire so they don't go beyond a certain distance. How many should I start with sir?
Well that would depend two things : your pocket size (cash) and the available space you have . But since you are starting out , I suggest you start small.
Re: Goat Business by adisabarber(m): 8:03am On Aug 05, 2018
I rear goats but I see it as a hobby. Most of my goats give birth to females which makes it difficult to sell early. All those grasses that you think you have will be exhausted in no time and you will have to start buying dry cassava peels for them. This is my own opinion. Someone else might have tried the business successfully but please try it as a hobby first and if you are able to make profit from the first set, you can expand.
Re: Goat Business by ijeshaboy: 8:48am On Aug 05, 2018
Goat rearing is cool, but prepare money for mortality

(1) (Reply)

Force Up (herbicide) Available / Driptapes And Spraytube Irrigation Tools For Sale In Lagos And Ogunstate / Fusarium Wilt Treatment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.