Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,171 members, 7,860,209 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 07:50 AM

: Remove Local Govt From And State from the Constitution - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / : Remove Local Govt From And State from the Constitution (822 Views)

Rate Buhari's Govt From The Scale Of 0 To 10 / Saraki Saga:section 64 Subsection 3 Of The Constitution / Bitter-sweet: My Life With Obasanjo:mohammed Settled Me To Save Govt From Embarr (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

: Remove Local Govt From And State from the Constitution by Becomrich0: 5:26pm On Jun 19, 2010
Introduce multiple citizen for nigerian.

remove the local govt from the constitution and replace with federal Constituency  , which make up the house of representative. There are 360 Constituency . Let this Constituency replace the local govt to save money and better manage the system.

While temporary handing over the Constituency and thier federal allocation to members of the house of representative till 2011.

You can either remove the Yorubas,edo,delta into benin republic. let i said before. I hope this zonning would not cause a problem. Because when you look at it. It is the turn of the south to produce the president.

Obasanjo North
Yar adua South

But what happen to yar adua made the north loss thier turn,  Now to be honest with you by the rules of rotation, The north has lost thier turn. But when you look at it. the way yar adua die. either the north go and bring back yar adua to run. The problem is the north had a problem in a woman becoming president. So turai yar adua may have continued her husband term. but the north would have disagreed that it is against thier religion

We give the member of the national assembly till 2011. The allocation which the local government get and they run thier Constituency.
Re: : Remove Local Govt From And State from the Constitution by Becomrich0: 6:28pm On Jun 19, 2010
Now the Constituency, should become the third tie of govt. It would save money and bring develop to you.

1. It would reduce urban migration.

2. Save the cost of administration.

3. Make the system work better.
Re: : Remove Local Govt From And State from the Constitution by Becomrich0: 6:32pm On Jun 19, 2010
What we have in canada , canada system is better more for nigeria because canada, most people do not know have several languages.

Indigenous languages in canada (not immigrate languages)

English ,French , Abenaki, Algonquin, Babine-Witsuwit'en, Beothuk, Blackfoot, Broken Slavey, Bungee, Carrier, Cayuga, Chiac, Chilcotin, Chinook Jargon, Coast Tsimshian, Comox, Cree, Dene Suline, Dogrib, Gwich’in, Haida, Haisla, Halkomelem, Hän, Heiltsuk-Oowekyala, Innu-aimun, Inuinnaqtun, Inuktitut, Inupiaq, Inuvialuktun, Kaska, Kutenai, Kwak'wala, Labrador Inuit Pidgin French, Malecite-Passamaquoddy, Michif, Mi'kmaq, Mohawk, Munsee, Naskapi, Nicola, Nitinaht, Nlaka'pamuctsin, Nuu-chah-nulth, Nuxálk, Ojibwe, Okanagan, Oneida, Onondaga, Ottawa, Potawatomi, Saanich, Sekani, Seneca, Sháshíshálh, Shuswap, Slavey, Squamish, St'at'imcets, Tagish, Tahltan, Tlingit, Tsuut’ina, Tuscarora, Tutchone, Western Abnaki, Wyandot

Canada have Constituency. Not local goverment. member of the national assembly are based on Constituency.  We should remove the local from allocation and have Constituency.

And we have mayor running the Constituency after 2011. 360 Constituency. But before 2011 , let member of house of representative run it .

Constituency becomes the third tie of government.
Re: : Remove Local Govt From And State from the Constitution by KnowAll(m): 6:41pm On Jun 19, 2010
[size=14pt]It is a good idea, a terrible and non performing House member would be easily identified as his stewardship in his constituency would be visible for the whole world to see.  Seeking vote for a second term after performing woefully would be a laughable prospect taking with a pinch of salt.[/size]
Re: : Remove Local Govt From And State from the Constitution by Becomrich0: 7:48pm On Jun 19, 2010
It this way, you create a link between people in abuja. He would remain in abuja for 3 days and bring up the issue or problem of his people. While he return back home constituency.

Some members have the national assembly have been in abuja for 12 years. How do they relate with members of thier community. They have no idea what is going on.

In canada they have a system. When they remain in the capital for some days and return home to thier constituency. They have offices in thier constituency, so that the people would come and see them.

Monday to weds, they remain in abuja. Thursday to sat , they remain in the constituency.  Abuja cant be thier home. If abuja is thier home, then they are not representing the people.

There are 360 constituency. We should remove the local government from the constitution and stop given them allocation. Give it to the national assembly member till 2011.
Re: : Remove Local Govt From And State from the Constitution by Becomrich0: 8:21pm On Jun 19, 2010
see some local govt get 120 million naira a month. Why not give to the house members.   

Now if an assembly member have no project in his constituency how can he win an election.

How can a man who have never been living in his constituency for the last 12 years represent them.

Re: : Remove Local Govt From And State from the Constitution by slap1(m): 7:05am On Jun 20, 2010
either the north go and bring back yar adua to run.
Lol!
Re: : Remove Local Govt From And State from the Constitution by Becomrich0: 8:18am On Jun 20, 2010
This is a solution to help you people. You are better off with 360 developed cities than 774 non develop city.

It would be the greatest thing ever happen to your life.
Re: : Remove Local Govt From And State from the Constitution by Abagworo(m): 8:33am On Jun 20, 2010
for the first time you are making sense.why not reduce the states too?
Re: : Remove Local Govt From And State from the Constitution by Becomrich0: 2:00pm On Jun 20, 2010
Reducing the state, your chance of it passing in the state house of assembly is just 22 state. you need 24 state.  But your chances of removing the Yorubas,edo,delta into benin republic is 26 states Yes. You can see what chances affect it.

What it means is that the south would loss 3 state and the north would loss 3 state. The south would loss, Abia, ebonyi , akwa Ibom  while the north would loss Nassarawa, gombe and zamfara.

But I am telling you. You are better off removing the Yorubas,edo, delta and may be bayelsa. but since Jonathan is president. You can leave bayelsa state. You already seen the way the north is reacting. We can head up into a civil war with this thing.

Rotation would not work. The north have to support the idea of Yorubas,edo,delta into benin republic or their would be in serious trouble. We have the required number of house of assembly member under law to carry it out.

I am been honest with you about the satellite picture.

That Why I dare Jonathan to show up in a town hall meeting in Toronto canada during his visit to canada. And we would all see how this images are generated. And every eyes would see the picture for themself.

You see it is easy to lie, but when you are caught, you cant continue, if you try to continue, you would be asking for a civil war. We dont want to end up like this other africa countries.

I do not hate any ethnics group. I am just a person who fears God and value human life. People should drop thier person greed over the interest of what is best for Human. It is only when you do not have your family member in nigeria. That you would not care. I see trouble. Where is Yar adua today. He is not around any more. This should be a lesson for us. 

nigeriamail@hotmail.com

Re: : Remove Local Govt From And State from the Constitution by redsun(m): 3:04pm On Jun 20, 2010
The beauty and the beast.I love that woman,she is real.
Re: : Remove Local Govt From And State from the Constitution by whybanme(f): 4:11pm On Jun 20, 2010
@becomrich

you are making real sense here.

@redsun

redsun:

The beauty and the beast.I love that woman,she is real.

cheesy you are krazy
Re: : Remove Local Govt From And State from the Constitution by Becomrich0: 6:23am On Jun 21, 2010
Why did I post the picture, I did because some people are claiming they are married to akwa ibom people or the nonsense. many nigerian are married to white. And they still do ok.

If a woman tell you, that because she is married to a person from akwa ibom that is the reason, we should amend the border so that we can have peace. Then you are fooling yourself. It mean that the akwa ibom man does not love you. If a person love you, where you come from does not matter. Or what colour of skin you have does not matter.

And it does not matter if you are from any country. So if your aunty who is married to another country is scared. It means she does not love her husband or otherwise. With love, colour dont matter. or group.

The word of God says there is no fear in love. You cant live life based on fear in love.

whybanme , I always make sense, your problem  is some of you need to go to school and read about the history of nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

Lautech Fires 40 Employees For Forgery / Babanguida Advices Jonathan Over Abuja Bomb Blast / Yoru

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.