Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,799 members, 7,810,078 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:11 PM

My Take On Defection - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Take On Defection (272 Views)

Shekarau Will Decide On Defection This Week –spokesperson / Ohanaeze Backs Umahi On Defection, Says PDP Has Been Unkind To Ndigbo / Gov. Fayose Hints On Defection. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Take On Defection by ayomilore: 9:50am On Aug 04, 2018
I think it is about time for us as a people to put sentiment apart and begin to see these politicians changing parties like cloths as enemies of this country and our common development. Our democracy will clock 2 decades next year without any tangible development in the land. My belief is that any serious politician who has the love of the masses at heart will stay in his or her party of choice come rain come shine and thrive to abide by the rule of the party and also perform well for him/her to win the next election and not how to defect. I believe with this in place these politicians will stop to take us for fools that can be manipulated at will especially during election periods and begin to be accountable to the electorates.
Re: My Take On Defection by Ndonu101: 10:12am On Aug 04, 2018
This is not time for emotions

When the 9th NASS reconvenes after 2019 the law should be changed. If anybody quits the party on whose platform they got elected. They should lose that office with immediate effect and it should be up to INEC who on receipt of info of defection to decide if there is enough time for Bye-election to be conducted before the next general election.

If you are expelled however by the party chairman then it should be a different ball game.

The law as it is is very difficult to interprete. The definition of division will never ever be clear. Not even to the courts.

The court and the NASS leadership is almost as it is expected to be mind readers to discern which division is genuine and which is pre-mediated to circumvent the law. It is quite complex.

(1) (Reply)

MASSOB Faults Fed Govt’s Plan To Build Refinery In Katsina / APC Supporters Throng Minna/suleja Road In Solidarity With Governor, Buhari / Do Not Increase States' Monthly Allocations, Ojuoluwa Warns FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.