Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,870 members, 7,862,918 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 08:59 AM

Morata Commits Future To Chelsea - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Morata Commits Future To Chelsea (269 Views)

Kenyan Arsenal Fan Commits Suicide Over Inability Of Club To Win EPL Title / Mikel Arteta: Aubameyang Must Commit Future To Arsenal To Remain Captain / Ademola Lookman Snubs Nigeria, Pledges Future To England (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Morata Commits Future To Chelsea by Centatanda: 10:04am On Aug 04, 2018

Alvaro Morata has revealed that he never had any intention of leaving Stamford Bridge this summer, contrary to reports.

The 25-year-old Spain international has committed his future to the club, regardless of the numerous speculations of an exit that has surrounded him thus far.

Morata joined Chelsea from Real Madrid last summer in a club record deal. The forward got off firing, but his consistency waned towards the second half of the season.

The player was linked with a return to the Serie A this summer, but he has insisted that he never thought of leaving England this summer.

“On the first day of pre-season I spoke to [Chelsea director Marina Granovskaia] and with the manager and I said: ‘I want to stay at Chelsea,’” he told The Daily Mirror.

“They told me: ‘We have a lot of confidence in you and we want you to stay too.’ So everything was perfect.

“All the people said I wanted to leave, that I was not happy in London but its not true. Now I have taken another house, a bigger one, near to Cobham.

“My wife is very happy. When everyone is talking about the possibility to leave I am here looking for a house. So the story is finished and I can’t wait for Sunday’s game.”

Morata has now taken on the No.29 jersey ahead of the new season to mark the birth of his twins. However, he added that the Premier League title win is the major priority.

“For me I prefer to score 10 goals and take the trophy. I want to win the Golden Boot but in England in the last year the Golden Boot winner didn’t take any trophies,” he said.

SOURCE:-https://savechelsea.net/morata-commits-future-to-chelsea/

(1) (Reply)

7 'corrupted' African Soccer Referees Banned, 14 Suspended / I Need Nairaland Fantasy Premier League Code / Man United Vs Leicester: Full Match Highlight And Goals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.