Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,256 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:59 AM

Jonathan'll Use Port Harcourt Stadium Whether You Like It Or Not - Wike To Amaec - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan'll Use Port Harcourt Stadium Whether You Like It Or Not - Wike To Amaec (2321 Views)

Wike Reapproves Port Harcourt Stadium For Atiku / Shelle: It’s Not Wike’s Responsibility To Tell Lagosians Who To Vote For In 2023 / PDP Crisis: Ayu, Not Wike, Is Immature – Bode George (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan'll Use Port Harcourt Stadium Whether You Like It Or Not - Wike To Amaec by Unblockable: 11:53am On Aug 04, 2018
I saw a thread in the front-page https://www.nairaland.com/4656647/apc-insists-use-ebonyi-stadium where it was reported that the APC Chairman in Ebonyi State has insisted that the APC would make use of the State Stadium for its mega rally even when the State Government had refused to approve the State APC's application to be allowed to use the stadium for the event maintaining that it is still under construction.

If the reason for refusing to approve it is genuine, then I don't see anything wrong in that. But if the sole aim of not allowing it is political, then it's very bad.

But the way some PDP apologists were having a field day demonizing the APC on that thread surprises me. I don't know if they've forgotten so soon how a Minister under Jonathan then, Mr Nyesom Wike forcefully gained entrance to a stadium then to hold a political rally even when the then Governor of the State, Mr Rotimi Amaechi stated the same reason the Ebonyi State Government is stating now, that the facility was still under construction.

Most of them hailed Wike on that same thread calling him "Wike the tamer of the rat of Ubima" and other 'sweet' names just to spite APC and Amaechi. Why are they now crying foul when the Ebonyi State APC Chairman is only learning from Wike and following his footsteps? What is good for the goose is also good for the gander.

As the controversy surrounding the non-approval of the Adokiye Amiesimaka Stadium for President Goodluck Jonathan’s campaign rages, the governorship candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party in Rivers State, Chief Nyesom Wike, has vowed that the facility will be available for the President’s rally on January 28, 2015.

The state government had refused to approve the state PDP’s application to be allowed to use the stadium for the event, maintaining that the facility was still under construction.

But Wike, who spoke on Tuesday in Port Harcourt, during a meeting with the Goodluck to Goodluck Political Group, declared that contrary to claims by the State Governor, Mr. Rotimi Amaechi, the PDP presidential campaign in Rivers would hold at the Amiesimaka Stadium.

The governorship candidate explained that the stadium belonged to the people of the state, insisting that the President would use it irrespective of Amaechi’s stance on the matter.

Wike argued that since the All Progressives Congress was able to hold its presidential rally in the stadium on January 6, 2015, it was logical that the PDP could use the same facility for its presidential rally.

Explaining that the PDP was committed to the peaceful use of the stadium, Wike added that the state PDP were meeting with relevant stakeholders to ensure that the right thing was done.

“The PDP presidential rally will hold at the Adokiye Amiesimaka Stadium on Wednesday, January 28. The APC held their own presidential campaign rally on January 6, 2015 and an earlier rally on October 25, 2014 in the same stadium.

“Our presidential rally will hold at that stadium because it belongs to the people. We are working with all stakeholders to ensure that the right thing is done to move the nation forward. We are committed to the peaceful use of the stadium for our Presidential campaigns,” he said.

Wike, however, called on members of the Goodluck to Goodluck Political Group to continue with their massive mobilization for the re-election of President Jonathan.

Earlier, the Legal Adviser of the group told the PDP governorship candidate that his association was working for Jonathan’s emergence as President for a second term and Wike as the next governor of the state.

Wike had also inaugurated committees that would be responsible for the successful organisation of the PDP presidential rally in the state, even as he tasked the committees to work selflessly to set the tone for the re-election of the President.

However, the Rivers State PDP Chairman, Mr. Felix Obuah, who spoke on behalf of the committees, promised that members would deliver a memorable presidential rally in the state.

http://www.nigerianeye.com/2015/01/wike-dares-amaechi-jonathanll-use-port.html?m=0

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/01/presidential-rally-well-use-adokiye-amiesimaka-stadium-pdp-insists/

Again, Rivers: PDP seizes Adokiye Amiesimaka Stadium, Wike ‘inspects’ facility

Armed Soldiers Lead PDP Takeover Of Rivers Stadium

The Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, in Rivers State and Nigeria’s Presidency have ‘robbed’ the Rivers State Government of the Adokiye Amiesimaka Sports Complex at Iguruta-Eli, Greater Port Harcourt City. The party’s governorship candidate in the State, Mr. Ezebuwon Nyesom Wike, on Saturday inspected the world-class facility after the stadium was seized by the PDP and the Presidency. Soldiers had taken the facility late Friday believably on the orders of the Federal Government. PDP said it would use the Sports Complex by force to hold its presidential campaign on January 28.

Mr. Wike had boasted that PDP would force itself on the stadium though the Rivers State Government had granted permission for the use of the Liberation Stadium at Elekahia, Port Harcourt.

http://www.theneighbourhoodonline.com/news/othernews/rivers-pdp-seizes-adokiye-amiesimaka-stadium-wike-inspects-facility.html

http://www.pressreader.com/nigeria/thisday/20150125/281513634554520

Even the then FG of Jonathan played a role in this by ordering armed soldiers to take over the facility even when Amaechi had told them it was undergoing construction. Yet these guys still come on here daily to call President Muhammadu Buhari a tyrant.

When Amaechi cried out that the then President Jonathan disrespected his office by ordering armed soldiers to forcefully takeover the stadium, he was bashed on nairaland here. Some people even claimed he had 'no office'.

Below is the thread here.

https://www.nairaland.com./president-jonathan-disrespected-office-taking

1 Like

Re: Jonathan'll Use Port Harcourt Stadium Whether You Like It Or Not - Wike To Amaec by Unblockable: 11:55am On Aug 04, 2018
Seunmsg, NgeneUkwenu, Butterflyleo, Sarrki, Madridguy, Buhariguy Mynd44 and Lalasticlala.. wink

I believe it's not bad setting the record straight. wink
Re: Jonathan'll Use Port Harcourt Stadium Whether You Like It Or Not - Wike To Amaec by Kyase(m): 12:34pm On Aug 04, 2018
cheesy
Re: Jonathan'll Use Port Harcourt Stadium Whether You Like It Or Not - Wike To Amaec by bedspread: 12:42pm On Aug 04, 2018
"Wike argued that since the All Progressives Congress was able to hold its presidential rally in the stadium on January 6, 2015, it was logical that the PDP could use the same facility for its presidential rally"

Did u see the Cause of the Arguement
Re: Jonathan'll Use Port Harcourt Stadium Whether You Like It Or Not - Wike To Amaec by Unblockable: 12:59pm On Aug 04, 2018
bedspread:

"Wike argued that since the All Progressives Congress was able to hold its presidential rally in the stadium on January 6, 2015, it was logical that the PDP could use the same facility for its presidential rally"

Did u see the Cause of the Arguement

What if they started the reconstruction of the stadium immediately after the APC rally?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan'll Use Port Harcourt Stadium Whether You Like It Or Not - Wike To Amaec by bedspread: 1:01pm On Aug 04, 2018
Unblockable:

What if they started the reconstruction of the stadium immediately after the APC rally?
You Know this Arguement holds no Water
Re: Jonathan'll Use Port Harcourt Stadium Whether You Like It Or Not - Wike To Amaec by chriskosherbal(m): 1:03pm On Aug 04, 2018
Unblockable:

Are you sure about that or you just assuming ...

Politics eeeh best if friendz can automatically become worst enemies the reverse us also the case ..

See signature. ....now in lagos
Re: Jonathan'll Use Port Harcourt Stadium Whether You Like It Or Not - Wike To Amaec by Unblockable: 1:36pm On Aug 04, 2018
bedspread:
You Know this Arguement holds no Water

Even if the APC had made use of the Rivers State stadium penultimate week before PDP's application got rejected, why should they FG order armed soldiers to go takeover the stadium?
Re: Jonathan'll Use Port Harcourt Stadium Whether You Like It Or Not - Wike To Amaec by silenze: 1:42pm On Aug 04, 2018
Unblockable:

I believe it's not bad setting the record straight. wink

you did not set any records straight, you just compared events of last and present admin.

thought you were going to talk about what the law says about using a state stadium
Re: Jonathan'll Use Port Harcourt Stadium Whether You Like It Or Not - Wike To Amaec by Unblockable: 1:50pm On Aug 04, 2018
silenze:

you did not set any records straight, you just compared events of last and present admin.

thought you were going to talk about what the law says about using a state stadium

Lol... That's not the purpose of this thread. The purpose of this thread is to keep the PDP' apologists shut and to also remind them of what 'played' during their "Hero of democracy" ’s government.
Re: Jonathan'll Use Port Harcourt Stadium Whether You Like It Or Not - Wike To Amaec by Randy100: 3:08pm On Aug 04, 2018
Then Buhari should go and seize it. We are talking of suffering and bloodshed going on in the country and you are busy talking about stadium. Lets put head together on how to send Buhari back to Daura and save the future of our dear country.
Re: Jonathan'll Use Port Harcourt Stadium Whether You Like It Or Not - Wike To Amaec by Unblockable: 3:17pm On Aug 04, 2018
Randy100:
Then Buhari should go and seize it. We are talking of suffering and bloodshed going on in the country and you are busy talking about stadium. Lets put head together on how to send Buhari back to Daura and save the future of our dear country.

If you send him "back to Daura", I guess whoever you're gonna vote would start dropping milk and honey at your doorstep every morning?
Re: Jonathan'll Use Port Harcourt Stadium Whether You Like It Or Not - Wike To Amaec by Randy100: 3:30pm On Aug 04, 2018
Unblockable:

If you send him "back to Daura", I guess whoever you're gonna vote would start dropping milk and honey at your doorstep every morning?
I am not asking for milk and honey or whatever bullshit you are saying. All I am asking is for somebody who has the economic roadmap to lead us out of this mess we are. All I am asking is somebody that will not be biased in the fight against fulani terrorist. All I am asking is somebody that will restructure Nigeria. I want a better Nigeria and Buhari will not do it.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan'll Use Port Harcourt Stadium Whether You Like It Or Not - Wike To Amaec by Unblockable: 3:37pm On Aug 04, 2018
Randy100:
I am not asking for milk and honey or whatever bullshit you are saying. All I am asking is for somebody who has the economic roadmap to lead us out of this mess we are. All I am asking is somebody that will not be biased in the fight against fulani terrorist. All I am asking is somebody that will restructure Nigeria. I want a better Nigeria and Buhari will not do it.

Who plunged us into the last recession? Those same PDP people you're supporting now. NOI warned them when they were spending anyhow and looting our treasury, they refused to save for the latter days. Nigeria was then plunged into recession and the same government of Buhari brought us out of it. Yet you want those same people back in power? Is that the better Nigeria you want? I could also remember when elections were conducted in IDP camps in Nigeria courtesy their good way of fighting Boko Haram which they would also deploy to fight Fulani herdsmen. Continue deceiving yourself.!
Re: Jonathan'll Use Port Harcourt Stadium Whether You Like It Or Not - Wike To Amaec by Randy100: 3:46pm On Aug 04, 2018
Unblockable:

Who plunged us into the last recession? Those same PDP people you're supporting now. NOI warned them when they were spending anyhow and looting our treasury, they refused to save for the latter days. Nigeria was then plunged into recession and the same government of Buhari brought us out of it. Yet you want those same people back in power? Is that the better Nigeria you want? I could also remember when elections were conducted in IDP camps in Nigeria courtesy their good way of fighting Boko Haram which they would also deploy to fight Fulani herdsmen. Continue deceiving yourself.!
I don't think you are getting me at all. Let me make you understand. I am not supporting PDP, I am supporting Nigeria. We voted Goodluck out because he failed Nigeria and we thought Buhari will do a nice job but you and I know that Buhari failed woefully, so we will keep trying till we get it right. Don't quote me to talk about PDP or APC, rather talk about Nigeria. Like I said all I want is a better Nigeria. Obrigado.
Re: Jonathan'll Use Port Harcourt Stadium Whether You Like It Or Not - Wike To Amaec by EasternActivist: 3:50pm On Aug 04, 2018
Unblockable:

You're so desperate, buhari is the only head of state that has successfully supervised and plunged the country in to recession twice.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan'll Use Port Harcourt Stadium Whether You Like It Or Not - Wike To Amaec by Unblockable: 3:55pm On Aug 04, 2018
Randy100:
I don't think you are getting me at all. Let me make you understand. I am not supporting PDP, I am supporting Nigeria. We voted Goodluck out because he failed Nigeria and we thought Buhari will do a nice job but you and I know that Buhari failed woefully, so we will keep trying till we get it right. Don't quote me to talk about PDP or APC, rather talk about Nigeria. Like I said all I want is a better Nigeria. Obrigado.

Truly, Buhari has failed. He has failed to let things that used to be the order of the day take place in his government. He has refused those thieves some kinda breathing space. No wonder they are regrouping to frustrate his government. But God won't allow that.
Re: Jonathan'll Use Port Harcourt Stadium Whether You Like It Or Not - Wike To Amaec by Unblockable: 4:01pm On Aug 04, 2018
EasternActivist:

You're so desperate, buhari is the only head of state that has successfully supervised and plunged the country in to recession twice.

Lol...

NOI warned them then but they refused to yield that yet they are blaming Buhari.

On Monday, June 10, at the third round of the 2013 ministerial platform in Abuja, Coordinating Minister for the Economy and Minister of Finance, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, spoke glowingly about the Nigerian economy, saying the fundamentals were strong and that the economy was buoyant beyond danger.

But a few hours later, on Tuesday, when all the doors were closed, the minister sang a different tune. She told her colleagues in government point blank that the Nigerian economy is shaky despite the official fundamentals and that drastic steps are needed to save it from collapse.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/138723-exclusive-okonjo-iweala-opens-up-says-nigeria-economy-in-danger.html

So are you still talking?
Re: Jonathan'll Use Port Harcourt Stadium Whether You Like It Or Not - Wike To Amaec by Randy100: 4:03pm On Aug 04, 2018
Unblockable:

Truly, Buhari has failed. He has failed to let things that used to be the order of the day take place in his government. He has refused those thieves some kinda breathing space. No wonder they are regrouping to frustrate his government. But God won't allow that.
Why are you this naive? Use your head now. Thieves are surrounding Buhari. The only thing I am commending him is his willingness to fight opposition so that when he is voted out, the opposition will fight back which is good for our democracy. You are an enemy of Nigeria. Support Nigeria not Buhari.
Re: Jonathan'll Use Port Harcourt Stadium Whether You Like It Or Not - Wike To Amaec by Unblockable: 4:07pm On Aug 04, 2018
Randy100:
Why are you this naive? Use your head now. Thieves are surrounding Buhari. The only thing I am commending him is his willingness to fight opposition so that when he is voted out, the opposition will fight back which is good for our democracy. You are an enemy of Nigeria. Support Nigeria not Buhari.

I can see the love you have for Nigeria yet you're supporting the likes of Saraki and his gang of thieves. You think there's any of them ready to restructure Nigeria? Laughable! BTW, if all you wanna embark on is name-calling, I'd gladly quit.
Re: Jonathan'll Use Port Harcourt Stadium Whether You Like It Or Not - Wike To Amaec by Randy100: 4:17pm On Aug 04, 2018
Unblockable:

I can see the love you have for Nigeria yet you're supporting the likes of Saraki and his gang of thieves. You think there's any of them ready to restructure Nigeria? Laughable! BTW, if all you wanna embark on is name-calling, I'd gladly quit.
I am not supporting Saraki or any other person. I am happy you beleived in restructuring of Nigeria and Buhari is not willingly to do that. Like I said we will keep trying till we get it right. I don't do name calling, I was advising you to use your head because you refuse to make use of it.

(1) (Reply)

Subsidy Is For Mere 2 Million Cars!! Peter Obi / Nationwide March Against Dictatorship (MAD) / Rating Of Nigeria Among Other Countries. (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.