Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,141 members, 7,814,997 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:11 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 - Travel (117) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 (908331 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) ... (612) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Tlontin(m): 11:45pm On Aug 16, 2018
Flaj:

I don't know about that, though for professional accreditation in Canada you'd need wes to do a course by course evaluation.

So exactly what dontee and Mstan1 said. So what’s the way forward sha. The course is a professional course now.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by BABSFREY: 11:49pm On Aug 16, 2018
Dear All,

Thank you for the good work. I have been following this thread with keen interest and it has been helpful to me in my preparations.

I first did the IELTS in 2015. I got a decent overall band level of 8.0, but my listening was only 7.0, with the others as R - 8.5, S - 8.5, W - 7.0

I lost interest after that because my score was around 382. Fast forward and precisely 3 years later, motivated by my spouse, I sat for IELTS again. This time too, my overall band level is 8.0, but with much improved score in listening of 8.5, with the others as R - 9.0, S - 8.0, W - 7.0

Only yesterday, I tried creating an EE profile and realized that my CRS is 440, without my spouse as accompanying dependent. If she is to accompany me, it drops my score far lower, to 416, because she is yet to do the WES and also take the English test.

What do you advise? Should I wait until she does her WES and IELTS?

My thoughts - I do think that since the last draw closed at 440, it is better that I take my chance now, before the CRS inches higher!

I will appreciate your thoughts.

Thank you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 12:02am On Aug 17, 2018
Tlontin:

So exactly what dontee and Mstan1 said. So what’s the way forward sha. The course is a professional course now.

Where is DonTee07 self? undecided
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Une16: 12:05am On Aug 17, 2018
Hello everyone,

Please what is the average processing time for PR applications at Accra VO. I jst found out my file is being processed there n I haven't heard any good news from AVO undecided

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by BABSFREY: 12:06am On Aug 17, 2018
BABSFREY:
Dear All,

Thank you for the good work. I have been following this thread with keen interest and it has been helpful to me in my preparations.

I first did the IELTS in 2015. I got a decent overall band level of 8.0, but my listening was only 7.0, with the others as R - 8.5, S - 8.5, W - 7.0

I lost interest after that because my score was around 382. Fast forward and precisely 3 years later, motivated by my spouse, I sat for IELTS again. This time too, my overall band level is 8.0, but with much improved score in listening of 8.5, with the others as R - 9.0, S - 8.0, W - 7.0

Only yesterday, I tried creating an EE profile and realized that my CRS is 440, without my spouse as accompanying dependent. If she is to accompany me, it drops my score far lower, to 416, because she is yet to do the WES and also take the English test.

My thoughts - I do think that since the last draw closed at 440, it is better that I take my chance now, before the CRS inches higher!

Thank you.

By way of additional information, I will be a year older early October, so my score is expected to drop by 5 points.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 12:21am On Aug 17, 2018
Thank you for the clarification!
Congratulations on your COPR
Ethelia:

If the LOE is strictly about the lack of pay slips, then it should come last. The reference letter should be first seeing as its the only document specifically requested by CIC. Bank statements highlighting salary deposit can be in the middle (with this I don't think you even need an LOE for payslips to be honest)

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Une16: 12:22am On Aug 17, 2018
How about ur wife? how old is she and how many yrs of work experience does she have? Has she written ielts and what will be ur crs score if she is to be the principal applicant with clb9? Personally, I tink going to Canada without ur wife should be ur last option.
BABSFREY:

By way of additional information, I will be a year older early October, so my score is expected to drop by 5 points.

10 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 12:24am On Aug 17, 2018
BABSFREY:
Dear All,

!

Thank you.

It is too close to call. It may still be 440 but tie breaker acting like nl antispambot may get in the way. If it had been 441..I'd say u get the ITA on Wed if a draw that involves FSW happens.

This is if u guys are cool with unaccompanying option. I believe u know terms and conditions for this apiam way.

If not, she should do both ECA and IELTS GT while u wait in the pool with 416 to gain profile creation date.. Shock absorbed to tie break rule.

CONGRATULATIONS ON UR TEST.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 12:35am On Aug 17, 2018
Godsaysyes:

After sharing classified Liz files with almost 300 folks, he needs to recover his strength and ginger.

I no go lie I got too.. Shared with two individuals. Above all, Don na good guy!

15 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 12:38am On Aug 17, 2018
BABSFREY:

Buddy, if u can agree with ur spouse, gun for the ITA with 440 as non-accompanying... File for her later while in Canada.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Tlontin(m): 12:44am On Aug 17, 2018
Godsaysyes:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 12:44am On Aug 17, 2018
sunvick:
These abokis that VFS employed are crazy, I swear to God.

I went to VFS Lekki to submit my passport, when I got to the gate the security guy asked my my appointment letter. So I brought of my PPR printed mail, the guy looked at it and said "Please go outside, you dont have an appointment here". To think he was ignorantly arguing with me on my own PPR ohh. Perhaps he was looking out for a paper with bar codes and time & dates close to it.
When I wanted to force my way in, then his colleague came over and saw the PPR mail (weather he understood what he read, I dont know. All i wanted to was just pass and submit my PP and leave.) and gave it back to me.

Submission inside was smooth as I was there early and very few people inside the office. Within 30mins or less you should be done.
Please go with change ohh. FEE (#13890 excluding sms alert || #14350 including sms alert).

I paid #13900 excluding sms alert and collected my #10 change.
Congratulations. Add that ten back to ur pof. LOL
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Tlontin(m): 12:45am On Aug 17, 2018
Elfmannisback:

After sharing Liz classified files with 300 folks, he needs to recover his strength and ginger.

I no go lie I got too.. Shared with two individuals. Above all, Don na good guy!
Same here
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by ayusco85(m): 12:53am On Aug 17, 2018
Zeewirld:
. A high percentage of NOC this days seem to be from Bankers,Please who go remain if all of una run out

Alot of bankers are resigning and hopping on the EE train. Bank work no easy bro.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 1:08am On Aug 17, 2018
Thank you... I hope to be like you soon
happytbaby:
This is fine. I would do same in your shoes...or rather; I did something similar and my COPR dey the house so no shaking.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by BABSFREY: 1:33am On Aug 17, 2018
Une16:
How about ur wife? how old is she and how many yrs of work experience does she have? Has she written ielts and what will be ur crs score if she is to be the principal applicant with clb9? Personally, I tink going to Canada without ur wife should be ur last option.

She hasn’t written the IELTS. We are same age and pretty much have similar academic qualifications and years of experience.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by BABSFREY: 1:36am On Aug 17, 2018
Elfmannisback:

It is too close to call. It may still be 440 but tie breaker acting like nl antispambot may get in the way. If it had been 441..I'd say u get the ITA on Wed if a draw that involves FSW happens.

This is if u guys are cool with unaccompanying option. I believe u know terms and conditions for this apiam way.

If not, she should do both ECA and IELTS GT while u wait in the pool with 416 to gain profile creation date.. Shock absorbed to tie break rule.

CONGRATULATIONS ON UR TEST.

Thank you for the feedback. What are the terms and conditions for the ‘apiam’ way? I am also concerned because of my age. My age changes early October.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by BABSFREY: 1:39am On Aug 17, 2018
Elfmannisback:

Buddy, if u can agree with ur spouse, gun for the ITA with 440 as non-accompanying... File for her later while in Canada.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by bxcode(m): 4:23am On Aug 17, 2018
JiggyFighter:

Never heard of this. In fact whenever I've applied for visas I've always used regular statements and I've gotten the visas all the time. As a matter of fact I move money around anyhow after applying and it has never been an issue. And yes even if you apply it doesn't mean you agree for your bank to give information to people on your behalf. What a bank can confirm is that they genuinely gave you the letter you submitted. They can confirm the existence of the account or that they truly gave a letter and it wasn't forged or that the information on the letter they provided was accurate. But for them to be providing details of your account activity to anybody is unheard of. Doesn't make a difference to me personally but if it's true then I'll be very surprised. Maybe somebody working in a bank can offer inside information.
There is an e-statement portal that banks in Nigeria use in sending customer's statements directly to embassies and other outfits, this is usually based on request by the concerned embassies. The bank does not disclose any other information to them apart from confirming the statements as authentic. Majority still make use of regular statements like you rightly mentioned and it does not go for any form of veriftication and so on, as long as the statement is duly stamped and signed, but bank references are verified.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by vickyehi: 5:11am On Aug 17, 2018
ymarts:
based on her age, that means no need for her to try then I guess since she doesn't have a masters
She can go through provincial nomination ....you can read that up on nairaland also. There is a thread for it
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by vickyehi: 5:16am On Aug 17, 2018
Duchynwa
[b:

my PR was denied last month [/b]and I am trying to submit a new one incase this has a[/b]nything to do with the problem that I am facing now.

Thanks and may God bless you as you help.
I am sure if would go on a different day.
Btw...what was the reason for the denial?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 5:38am On Aug 17, 2018
BABSFREY:

Thank you for the feedback. What are the terms and conditions for the ‘apiam’ way? I am also concerned because of my age. My age changes early October.
She must do medicals and police character certificate. Your settlement funds must cover her too. Read up a little!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Godisincontrol: 5:46am On Aug 17, 2018
ymarts:
based on her age, that means no need for her to try then I guess since she doesn't have a masters

Oga before you conclude, do your own research. Few pages back someone(@COPR) posted about Evaluation bodies and degree equivalent.

Assuming she gets two or more certificates from IQAS, and aims for LRSW 8.5,7,7.5,7 her projected score is 446 and if the recent trends continue she is likely to get an ITA...

Please read.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by adolfdenis(m): 5:47am On Aug 17, 2018
adolfdenis:
Hi Everyone,

Fantastic work you guys are doing here. I have a question:

I received the PPR email yesterday but in the email they told me to send my documents to Ottawa for COPR within 30 days rather than accra. I am currently in Nigeria and though i’ve sent emails to Ottawa for them to give me instructions and appendix A to submit to a VAC close to me, I haven’t gotten a response yet. Thus, i’m wondering-can I send my passport and documents via fedex to Ottawa for COPR and use my friend’s mailing address in Canada? They said they don’t send back passports to addresses outside North America. Also has anyone had this experience and what did you do?
Many thanks

Many thanks my people... they just got back to me with instructions for submitting at a VAC in Nigeria. I will return soon with my timeline once I look it up on my profile.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by luffyhaki: 5:49am On Aug 17, 2018
adolfdenis:

Many thanks my people... they just got back to me with instructions for submitting at a VAC in Nigeria. I will return soon with my timeline once I look it up on my profile.

Alright...we dey wait
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by COPR: 6:00am On Aug 17, 2018
Tlontin:

You can use WES but the problem is that you need to evaluate your WAEC/NECO and WES will send verificatiom email to WAEC/NECO & LAUTECH.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 6:13am On Aug 17, 2018
BABSFREY:

Why not tell her to evaluate her degree? And sit for IELTS exam.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by vascey(m): 6:40am On Aug 17, 2018
Une16:
Hello everyone,

Please what is the average processing time for PR applications at Accra VO. I jst found out my file is being processed there n I haven't heard any good news from AVO undecided

What's your AOR. Mine was transferred to AVO from Sydney, NS. AOR is April 2018. Sent them a mail like a week ago and their response was that it's still within their regular timeline so they don't have to tell me sht. Basically a fx#k off mail. Those guys are Gangstar. There is a thread on canadavisa for Accra VO. Check it out. Right now, patience is my middle name. Order gcms too
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Tlontin(m): 6:44am On Aug 17, 2018
COPR:

You can use WES but the problem is that you need to evaluate your WAEC/NECO and WES will send verificatiom email to WAEC/NECO & LAUTECH.
It seems there’s no other option than Wes
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Godisincontrol: 6:58am On Aug 17, 2018
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Une16: 7:02am On Aug 17, 2018
My AOR is May, I tried many threads on canada visa before here...
Pls what is the exact name of the thread so I cud join

Thank you and God bless

vascey:

What's your AOR. Mine was transferred to AVO from Sydney, NS. AOR is April 2018. Sent them a mail like a week ago and their response was that it's still within their regular timeline so they don't have to tell me sht. Basically a fx#k off mail. Those guys are Gangstar. There is a thread on canadavisa for Accra VO. Check it out. Right now, patience is my middle name. Order gcms too
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Une16: 7:08am On Aug 17, 2018
D chances r quite slim too..
Den il suggest u do it alone. But she has to also include her medicals n the funds has to cover for both of you.

Goodluck

BABSFREY:

She hasn’t written the IELTS. We are same age and pretty much have similar academic qualifications and years of experience.

(1) (2) (3) ... (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) ... (612)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.