Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,226 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:54 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 - Travel (129) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 (906866 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) ... (612) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Hephgirl: 3:16pm On Aug 18, 2018
Jasmine17:

Have you watched acrimony? If yes, just remove the battery and cheating scenes.

Thats me.
The fastest way out is to beg her... And tell her a life out of naija might make things work better for u guys...
And truly it might.

Cos if she's vengeful she might not just agree to do it if she knows she's d key.

And also divorce papers might be d next bet... if she doesn't delay in signing
It takes a while, not to talk of a spouse not willing to sign.

We r back to u convincing her to do d medicals.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 3:18pm On Aug 18, 2018
Hephgirl:

The fastest way out is to beg her... And tell her a life out of naija might make things work better for u guys...
And truly it might.

Cos if she's vengeful she might not just agree to do it if she knows she's d key.

And also divorce papers might be d next bet... if she doesn't delay in signing
It takes a while, not to talk of a spouse not willing to sign.

We r back to u convincing her to do d medicals.
Ha!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by otunbanimi: 3:30pm On Aug 18, 2018
Today’s listening was ghengehn
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by efueh: 3:46pm On Aug 18, 2018
otunbanimi:

Lol! Abi them wan fine tune listening since niaja don dey over blast am? It is well.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by otunbanimi: 3:52pm On Aug 18, 2018
efueh:

Lol! Abi them wan fine tune listening since niaja don dey over blast am? It is well.

Missed like 6 questions. Sad
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by junebaby: 3:57pm On Aug 18, 2018
Good day all. I am about to start reading up on every page after skimming past. I have few questions, as this will aid my decision to start this process or not.
1) Can Ielts academic be used by my spouse, who is not the principal applicant?
2) A doctor with an MSC, which of the certificate should be evaluated. The MBBS or the MSC?
3) How long is WES evaluation now?

Thank u
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by CanadianBae: 4:08pm On Aug 18, 2018
otunbanimi:

As in ehn! I missed like three questions...Let God take control.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Favoured2505: 4:16pm On Aug 18, 2018
Someone did for us for 10k each
mayoralex:
the Abuja guy that someone here said he charged 3.5k for she and her husband total 7k for 2, I called him he said 20k for me
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Fyorgyn: 4:45pm On Aug 18, 2018
junebaby:
Good day all. I am about to start reading up on every page after skimming past. I have few questions, as this will aid my decision to start this process or not.
2) A doctor with an MSC, which of the certificate should be evaluated. The MBBS or the MSC?

Thank u

You really would need to start by reading the very first page of this thread.

However, I will attempt to answer your second question.

Will you be claiming points for your experience as a Doctor? If Yes, then you'd have to evaluate your medical degree...

the procedure for this is

On the first page of this thread!!!!!!

if, on the other hand, you have a medical degree but have experience working as an investment banker or music teacher smiley then you can evaluate your MSc

Again you do need to visit the first page of this thread.

All the best!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by MrsWoman: 4:54pm On Aug 18, 2018
Thank you.
tobey2ng:

Raise a CSE to be on safe side. It will be treated within 48hrs.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Mummychichi: 4:56pm On Aug 18, 2018
junebaby:

Thank u

1. For EE, academic is not used at all. General test is the only one accepted.
2. No idea
3. 21 days after all documents have been received. This can also be verified from their website.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Godisincontrol: 5:03pm On Aug 18, 2018
junebaby:

Thank u

1: No, General Training for both you and spouse
2:I am assuming the Doctor is your spouse and not PA. I am also assuming the Doctor would want to practise the profession some time later in Canada. Based on this assumption, your Doctor spouse may have to assess the MBBS and its done through MCC
3:That's dependent on a lot of factors, WAEC being one of them.

As you read from page 1 of this thread, try to extend it to the previous ones if possible. Welcome from the Australian thread

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Hephgirl: 5:46pm On Aug 18, 2018
junebaby:
1. No
2. MSc... Because it's faster
3. Differs.. Depends on ur school

Thank u

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by CanadaPR: 5:52pm On Aug 18, 2018
Jasmine17:

Thanks bro. You really covered alot because i was thinking of that affidavit.

I didnt want to open a divorce proceeding yet because i foresee the individual coming to her senses in the future and i wanted to take her back when that happens.

But guess i have to take the divorce route. Only the time it would take might be an issue.

Secondly, would evidence of an ongoing divorce proceeding serve?

Hey Bro! Leave out the Divorce you obviously love her...

Allow some time for the relationship to heal... You could get a friend or relative spill your travel plans to her and make her understand you love her so much that you'd rather add her to your application than go the divorce route.... I guess she'll agree to take the Medical test and Passport. Who knows, this might reconcile you guys.

21 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Estac: 5:56pm On Aug 18, 2018
Hello house, your advise is really needed for a friend. She is a primary school teacher and has been since 2014. Only thing is, the school is owned by her mom. Her teaching started out with her helping her mom after she graduated from uni. It was supposed to be something to keep her busy pending when she gets a "good" job. Good job still hasn't come.

She was never really paid salary cos she still lives with her parents and they take care of her financial needs when necessary. She has a BSC and masters degree but non of the fields are related to teaching.

She has taught in her moms school for over 3 years and wants to claim experience as elementary school teacher (can't remember the NOC exactly). Her POF will be 100% gift from her mom.

The question is what is the best way to prove her work experience considering that she has never collected a salary. Will it prejudice her if her mother (as the owner of the school) signs her reference letter?

You candid recommendations are welcome.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 6:06pm On Aug 18, 2018
Estac:
Hello house, your advise is really needed for a friend. She is a primary school teacher and has been since 2014. Only thing is, the school is owned by her mom. Her teaching started out with her helping her mom after she graduated from uni. It was supposed to be something to keep her busy pending when she gets a "good" job. Good job still hasn't come.

She was never really paid salary cos she still lives with her parents and they take care of her financial needs when necessary. She has a BSC and masters degree but non of the fields are related to teaching.

She has taught in her moms school for over 3 years and wants to claim experience as elementary school teacher (can't remember the NOC exactly). Her POF will be 100% gift from her mom.

The question is what is the best way to prove her work experience considering that she has never collected a salary. Will it prejudice her if her mother (as the owner of the school) signs her reference letter?

i too am a teacher and paid by hand but i would get all the necessary letters and co from my boss

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Estac: 6:14pm On Aug 18, 2018
nnamdiokere45:
i too am a teacher and paid by hand but i would get all the necessary letters and co from my boss

Understood. But in this case, the boss is her mother. What to do?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by oluphilip2008(f): 6:20pm On Aug 18, 2018
Godisincontrol:

Hi, how did you go about your cousin living with you, with reference to your post here
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/475#56892326

"3. I have a three year old cousin who lives with me. Is there any possibility of including him in my application?"

Please can you share for learning purposes?

Hi, I recently adopted my 15yr old niece and included her in my application.

A lawyer helped us with the entire process. The court order/judgment. We had to do a lot of documentation at the Federal Ministry of Women Affairs. They assigned one of their staff to visit our home. They basically wanted to find out if we're capable of taking care of her and that it was not for the purpose of child trafficking. A few back and forth, but simple processes and of course, a lot of cash here and there, including tips to make our files move as fast as it could. The honourable minister had to sign the adoption certificate. Copies were then sent to certain agencies, like immigration, embassy, foreign affairs, NAPTIP, etc.

I have since submitted my application. I ordered my gcms notes which I received few days ago. Everything appears good, at least the adoption papers were acknowledged with no concerns raised whatsoever.

So it's doable. Just that it may not be possible post ITA, considering the time limits. So if you want, you may initiate the process before you get ITA.

32 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Godisincontrol: 6:24pm On Aug 18, 2018
Estac:

She was never really paid salary cos she still lives with her parents and they take care of her financial needs when necessary.

Explain the "never really" and "take care of her financial need when necessary "
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Jasmine17(m): 6:26pm On Aug 18, 2018
CanadaPR:

Hey Bro! Leave out the Divorce you obviously love her...

Allow some time for the relationship to heal... You could get a friend or relative spill your travel plans to her and make her understand you love her so much that you'd rather add her to your application than go the divorce route.... I guess she'll agree to take the Medical test and Passport. Who knows, this might reconcile you guys.

I have made up my mind to take the sure route and bear the pain. Not going to hang my hope on her decision. That is outside my sphere of control.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Estac: 6:31pm On Aug 18, 2018
Godisincontrol:

Explain the "never really" and "take care of her financial need when necessary "

She doesn't collect monthly salary like other teachers in the school. However, her ielts for example, was paid for by her parents. Likewise her ECA. If she needs money for something, she can ask her parents and they give her what they can. Another example is her POF.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by exquisef: 6:36pm On Aug 18, 2018
so basically paid in cash ? can she collect salary going forward and run her account for six months? option 1 pay in cash: option 2 run her account. they r both doable. I don't think her mom signing it is an issue sha. she needs evidence that she works there mayb pay slips might help in this case..

as for pof a simple gift deed would sort that out.
Estac:

She doesn't collect monthly salary like other teachers in the school. However, her ielts for example, was paid for by her parents. Likewise her ECA. If she needs money for something, she can ask her parents and they give her what they can.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by junebaby: 6:44pm On Aug 18, 2018
Thank you for all the prompt and helpful comments.

I will need to evaluate my scores without his and look out for PNP.

Still on Aussie paroles oh. PNP maybe better than 489

Let's see what God has in stock for us.

Reading from page 1 for this Canny thread is like ..... But will give it my best shot. Am already reading Vcoles' post. Thank you once again

qquote author=Godisincontrol post=70395331]

2:I am assuming the Doctor is your spouse and not PA. I am also assuming the Doctor would want to practise the profession some time later in Canada. Based on this assumption, your Doctor spouse may have to assess the MBBS and its done through MCC

As you read from page 1 of this thread, try to extend it to the previous ones if possible. Welcome from the Australian thread[/quote]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by exquisef: 6:51pm On Aug 18, 2018
489 without evaluating his scores is a good score o.. is he the PA?? I think its alot faster to evaluate the msc thou esp if time is not on your side. you can do both at the same time whilst u enter the pool with msc cc @junebaby
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Itsawonder: 6:52pm On Aug 18, 2018
Estac:

[s]She has no teaching qualification obviously and can therefore not claim points for experience as an elementary school teacher[/s]. The least of her problem is the method at which her salary is paid.

I have done some digging and also got information from personal experience of people like @glisteringstar and conclude that the information above is wrong. Please see a quote from IRCC policy manual on this matter.

'The applicant does not need to demonstrate that they meet the “employment requirements” listed in the NOC occupational description'

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Estac: 6:52pm On Aug 18, 2018
exquisef:
so basically paid in cash ? can she collect salary going forward and run her account for six months? option 1 pay in cash: option 2 run her account. they r both doable. I don't think her mom signing it is an issue sha. she needs evidence that she works there mayb pay slips might help in this case..

as for pof a simple gift deed would sort that out.

Thanks. 6 months is a long time though. She is ready to dive into the pool. Will explore the salary in cash option
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Itsawonder: 6:56pm On Aug 18, 2018
Estac:

Thanks. 6 months is a long time though. She is ready to dive into the pool.

She is not.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by exquisef: 6:57pm On Aug 18, 2018
plus pay slips that would act as evidence that she works there. mom can also get HR or head of school to sign the letter if she's worried about it but its not a problem if u ask me
Estac:

Thanks. 6 months is a long time though. She is ready to dive into the pool. Will explore the salary in cash option

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by exquisef: 6:59pm On Aug 18, 2018
she needs to check the requirements of the noc she's claiming for
Itsawonder:

She is not.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Itsawonder: 7:06pm On Aug 18, 2018
exquisef:
she needs to check the requirements of the noc she's claiming for

Exactly. And that isn't difficult to do, in fact it should be the first thing to do before spending money on IELTS and credential evaluation. But Nigerians being who we are want something "badly" but don't want to put in the required effort.
My suggestion is that she considers NYSC or any post-graduation experience (paid or unpaid) of at least one year long and check relevant NOC to see if she meets its requirements
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Estac: 7:06pm On Aug 18, 2018
Itsawonder:

She has no teaching qualification obviously and can therefore not claim points for experience as an elementary school teacher. The least of her problem is the method at which her salary is paid.

Thanks, but I think that it's been established here that your job experience doesn't necessarily have to relate to what you studied. By the way, the NOC in question is 4214- Early childhood educators and assistants. The lead statement matches her work experience.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Godisincontrol: 7:09pm On Aug 18, 2018
junebaby:
Thank you for all the prompt and helpful comments.

I will need to evaluate my scores without his and look out for PNP.

Still on Aussie paroles oh. PNP maybe better than 489

Let's see what God has in stock for us.

Reading from page 1 for this Canny thread is like ..... But will give it my best shot. Am already reading Vcoles' post. Thank you once again

qquote author=Godisincontrol post=70395331]

As you read from page 1 of this thread, try to extend it to the previous ones if possible. Welcome from the Australian thread

OK then, wish you the best

(1) (2) (3) ... (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) ... (612)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.