Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,443 members, 7,819,641 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:45 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 - Travel (176) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 (910754 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) ... (612) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 9:25pm On Aug 24, 2018
JiggyFighter:

How does this person know this is why his application was denied? Na wa.

I feel there's more to the story, but make I dey observe.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 9:49pm On Aug 24, 2018
victory4me:
ECA from ICES received today.

Exactly 4 weeks.24th July to 24th August

My four semester unibuja diploma and
Four year degree
The equivalent is 2 year Canadian diploma and 4 year bachelor .
Cost = $475 no verification wahala.

IELTS is still giving me serious issues after 2 attempts.
I pray mine is also fast with ICES.
I understand your IELTS palavar, but you can't give up now, right?
It shall end in praise, Victory4us, this journey is worth all the ******* effort!

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by SegunWamiri(m): 9:57pm On Aug 24, 2018
ans123:
[

When my hubs and i did accessement with WES,we included our secondary school straight . All you need to do is go to your secondary school with the WES form.The principal will fill and sign.
Copied frm my Whatsapp group.

Could you please help us find out if this was done before the recent development of verifying WAEC certificate? Cheers

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by COPR: 9:58pm On Aug 24, 2018
Chi194604:
I was trying to apply for my ECA today but i was surprised to see the new policy of assessing WAEC result first. I really appreciate this post. So after sending the WAEC result will you get a response from WES before proceeding with the ECA for degree certificate?

Why not use ICES? It is faster than WES too and doesnt require you to evaluate your WAEC.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Ogamazi001(m): 10:07pm On Aug 24, 2018
Plz I don't know if anyone can assist me with information on how to handle this. When I applied to verify my credentials with Wes (didn't know much then) my contact in CA advised I use his address in Manitoba as delivery place. I did for myself and wife. My wife's evaluation concluded and within 5days he received it, I also received the soft copy, mine on 1/08/18 was ready, got the soft copy but after few days my contact said he hadn't received mine. I contacted Wes, they replied and said I'll allow 5-6wks to get it reason been that I chose standard international delivery which doesn't come with tracking. My worry is the address I used wasn't INTERNATIONAL as claimed by Wes by local. Plz can just the soft copy which I've suffice for all this EE process? Thanks great people.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by ysteph: 10:08pm On Aug 24, 2018
Not a bad idea.
Rapture07:
What do you guys think of a Celpip center in Nigeria?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by exquisef: 10:09pm On Aug 24, 2018
i used my soft copy. you'll still scan the hard copy na
Ogamazi001:
Plz I don't know if anyone can assist me with information on how to handle this. When I applied to verify my credentials with Wes (didn't know much then) my contact in CA advised I use his address in Manitoba as delivery place. I did for myself and wife. My wife's evaluation concluded and within 5days he received it, I also received the soft copy, mine on 1/08/18 was ready, got the soft copy but after few days my contact said he hadn't received mine. I contacted Wes, they replied and said I'll allow 5-6wks to get it reason been that I chose standard international delivery which doesn't come with tracking. My worry is the address I used wasn't INTERNATIONAL as claimed by Wes by local. Plz can just the soft copy which I've suffice for all this EE process? Thanks great people.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 10:09pm On Aug 24, 2018
Chi194604:
I was trying to apply for my ECA today but i was surprised to see the new policy of assessing WAEC result first. I really appreciate this post. So after sending the WAEC result will you get a response from WES before proceeding with the ECA for degree certificate?
You could send ALL your required documents at the same time. Your WES account would be updated as your documents are received, and verification takes place AFTER ALL your documents are received. It's irrespective if you send WAEC or credential(s) to be evaluated first.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by ysteph: 10:09pm On Aug 24, 2018
The soft copy is all you need.
Ogamazi001:

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by tippex(f): 10:17pm On Aug 24, 2018
Shinningqueen31:
To God be the glory the golden egg has hatched, its PPR

AOR 29th june
MEP /IP1 12th July
IP2 22nd August
PPR 22nd Aug

Sitting pretty in my spam box

Thanks everyone, I love you all

What a wawuuu!!!! Congratulations our June AOR queen. So thrilled for you!!!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Shinningqueen31(f): 10:19pm On Aug 24, 2018
Thanks everyone for the congratulatory messages, I'm honored. More PPR in Jesus name

23 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by ChinenyeT: 10:21pm On Aug 24, 2018
Shinningqueen31:
Thanks everyone for the congratulatory messages, I'm honored. More PPR in Jesus name
Congratulations dear, I pray I have it in 2months too!
Enjoy!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Mummychichi: 10:48pm On Aug 24, 2018
Tojued:
I did not come to this thread to give or take respect, I came to to get information, and I'm still here to get information. I'm not hiding behind my keyboard, I'm controversial and borderline rude in real life. Fortunately for me, I remain tolerated because I'm helpful. If you're an elder in real life and annoyed by exuberant kids on nairaland, just pay a consultant already!

Would i rephrase my naira wise dollar foolish post if i could go back in time? Yes (in retrospect it was mean). Will I display such behaviour in real life? Definitely yes. And then apologise (always better to apologise and do what's on your mind than to take excuse and never do anything). But this time I won't apologise because the reactions which followed have deadened my conscience. Since wakapass is a policy, lets also learn to wakapass over rude posts rather than derailing the thread.

Funniest thing is 70% of the people who clicked my bait won't read this post, because they really don't follow the thread.

@newmum0615, @Elfmannisback (and all the silent readers who have crossed over), I'll miss you guys. Thanks for your time and knowledge. To the superstars who still spend their expensive time answering questions and updating page one, thank you.

Please don't be a silent reader @tojued

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Zuzienwa: 10:54pm On Aug 24, 2018
Canadaisbae:

Thanks dear, below are my details

I got 7.5,7.5,7.5,6.5 LRSW. 30 years old. Going wit my spouse and my baby. I have done Wes result verification and don't have Canadian experience nor relatives. I intend to rewrite my ielts and get my husband do his Wes
If it's possible for your husband to take the IELTS test and get his credentials evaluated it will increase your score. ECA contributes a maximum of 10 points while IELTS can give you up-to 20 points.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by exquisef: 11:03pm On Aug 24, 2018
he already asked you to send him a pm i think you should i have no idea just saw it after a search
Ntorr:
[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Ogamazi001(m): 12:21am On Aug 25, 2018
Thanks my mind don come down. Make I kuku face IELTS as Wes was making me have divided focus.

ysteph:
The soft copy is all you need.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Ogamazi001(m): 12:33am On Aug 25, 2018
Please fam pray for me to Ace my IELTS this third time. 75k no be beans in this Buhari economy. Wishing everyone success in their different stages of the process. End result is land in CA and have a better life.

31 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by MissOlawumi(f): 12:33am On Aug 25, 2018
I appreciate this post but I'd like to add that people can get their Affidavit done from outside WAEC office for as low as 300 or 500 naira. However, for people using GCE there's an additional requirement, please check the attached document for details.

Chi194604:

7 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Mary121212: 12:40am On Aug 25, 2018
Hello everyone! Congrats to my fellow August PPR! Have you guys submitted your Passport to VFS and how long does it take to get the passport and COPR back . I also need information on how to get an affordable flight from Nigeria to Toronto. I intend traveling last week of September or 1st week of October.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by happytbaby: 1:12am On Aug 25, 2018
@ Uncle Elfmanisback; hearty congratulations.

Congatulations to :
@Reasonabledoubt
@Kods1900
@Sandydav
@Bimsebony
@Subuolaba
@Flyboi1

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Tojued: 1:30am On Aug 25, 2018
Mummychichi:

Please don't be a silent reader @tojued

Nope I'm still around. Just feeling important with all the mentions today plus sad I caused the issue that made our NOC queen leave us.

I dey this thread till all my family, friends and acquaintances get copr. Too much info here, na me dey rush the thread.

27 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by boundlessjoy: 2:00am On Aug 25, 2018
khinde:

Right.. This info means a lot. U are a life saver. Thank you
You are welcome
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by flosk: 2:07am On Aug 25, 2018
Ndkings1:

Thanks COPR

this is my quagmire right now
1.. How can I write and pass TEF when I don't know or speak French?
2...i have checked noun pgd programs, they don't offer pgd in programs related to my course(biological sciences)
3...Marriage now is not an option

I just don't what to do... Confused and sad

Send me a dm, I have an advice as regards a convinient diploma that you can do

Regards

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by ayusco85(m): 2:40am On Aug 25, 2018
Zinggi:

Trust me, you can learn and write French in few months if you put your mind to it. My cousin did same to earn more points and he is Canada now.

Try Alliance Francaise. When I called, they said they have a class starting on the 17th of september.
Weekday Classes : Mon - Fri : 9am -1:40pm...Sat classes start by 9:30am
They actually have 6levels and it takes 6 weeks to complete a level.
Level 1 costs = 50k
Level 2 costs = 50k
Level 3 costs = 56k etc.
The good thing is you don't have to do all the levels..you can do 2 levels or 3 then write TEF since you need to make CLB4 to get the golden points you desire (I am assuming IELTS is your first language exam).You could also get a private tutor from them but you would be paying 5k per hour. If you decide to use Alliance Francaise, ensure you visit them with your ATM card to make payments via POS and 3 passport photographs.

You could also try Lextorah at Yaba.
Tuition is 68k
They offer TEF exam preparation courses...according to them you will be given certain practice examinations at least 3times before you write TEF

Search google for Lepointdufle - for practice questions
Download Duolingo and Hellotalk and practice with them.

If you do this, you will be fine.

Well done sister. You are the real mvp

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by vickyehi: 2:47am On Aug 25, 2018
Tojued:

Source of income? I reckon it won't be cheap to retain an immigration lawyer for asylum proceedings. And only economic refugees like Nigerians can actually afford the hefty fees.

The govt pays for the services of the lawyers. Only if u choose not to use the ones provided that u pay for urs.

Just like the miranda rights grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Kwado87: 3:15am On Aug 25, 2018
Mary121212:
Hello everyone! Congrats to my fellow August PPR! Have you guys submitted your Passport to VFS and how long does it take to get the passport and COPR back . I also need information on how to get an affordable flight from Nigeria to Toronto. I intend traveling last week of September or 1st week of October.

I submitted my passport to VFS on the 12th of August. Give&Take it might take a month or less to get your passports back. From my search for flights the cheapest I've seen so far is Ethiopian Airlines. I also plan to leave last week in September.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Itsawonder: 4:31am On Aug 25, 2018
Kwado87:

I submitted my passport to VFS on the 12th of August. Give&Take it might take a month or less to get your passports back. From my search for flights the cheapest I've seen so far is Ethiopian Airlines. I also plan to leave last week in September.

Welcome back @kwado87. Still waiting for your response.
https://www.nairaland.com/4657743/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/43#70121948
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Grace19: 5:12am On Aug 25, 2018
Please guys, I really need guidance on ECA. I intend starting the process with hubby as soon as possible. We also want to use ICES since it is faster. Can someone who has done their ECA with unilag postgraduate and University of Ife postgraduate school help with the requirement? I will really appreciate it.
Please don't ignore this post biko
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by mcstan18(m): 5:28am On Aug 25, 2018
khinde:

Err well they claimed that I obstructed justice by not submitting a letter they brought to my office. I remember they took my finger prints and a mug shot too. Like I said I was there for two days before I got bailed out. Does this still affect anything? Am sceptical ooo

You don't have to be. This won't affect your admissibility in any way. In fact, even if one was charged to court and the court finds them not guilty, they'd still not be adversely affected.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Canadaisbae: 5:29am On Aug 25, 2018
Reasonabledoubt:

You created a profile and got 413?

Did you input the same details that you did when you simulates your score?

Is it the current Ielts score you mentioned I. This thread that you used when simulating your Crs score?

Yes please! I really wonder why there's so much difference
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by mcstan18(m): 5:31am On Aug 25, 2018
Phlunter01:
Please anyone with a good online fax link should please assist. Thank you

I can perceive that you need page 1 in your life right now. This and many more are part of the basic questions you can harvest answers for from there

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by mcstan18(m): 5:36am On Aug 25, 2018
Canadaisbae:

Thanks dear, below are my details

I got 7.5,7.5,7.5,6.5 LRSW. 30 years old. Going wit my spouse and my baby. I have done Wes result verification and don't have Canadian experience nor relatives. I intend to rewrite my ielts and get my husband do his Wes

The 350 looks more like what your score should be. You might have made a mistake while inputting your details the first time that got you the 413.

You need to have your spouse sit for IELTS and do his ECA. You also need to max out your IELTS score and likely obtain an additional certificate to help boost your score.

(1) (2) (3) ... (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) ... (612)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.