Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,470 members, 7,816,115 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:15 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 - Travel (286) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 (909024 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) ... (612) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by jelmusboy(m): 1:20pm On Sep 19, 2018
Ordered GCMS note since July 25 using GCMS buddy but yet to receive it. Anyone experiencing this type of delay?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by tobey2ng(m): 1:30pm On Sep 19, 2018
bests:
Good morning fam,

Please there seems to be huge backlog with medical bookings in the approved hospitals. On contacting (2 out 3 recommended) was told the whole month is filled and will have to wait till mid October.

Any way around this hiccup please?
Check IOM or people can start booking medical once you are sure of ITA. I was lucky sha. I wanted to book August 2nd then and the receptionist said July 31st is the next available date. I went for it sharply... Lol
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by sandman007: 1:30pm On Sep 19, 2018
That appointment thing is a racket. I started talking like a lawyer saying that the document explicitly states that I can come in, is there any backing circular to this effect? He said Oga just enter. They were trying to say that we should go and do booking of 5k. some thing that is totally free. After we will be abusing the leaders when we are no different

JumzieBabyy:

Hope you booked an appointment before going o, I was just majestically turned back.

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by tobey2ng(m): 1:38pm On Sep 19, 2018
JumzieBabyy:

Hope you booked an appointment before going o, I was just majestically turned back.
Obviously, you didn't do your homework before going. It is boldly written on VFS website, you can come without appointment. Quote it for them and you are in......
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by exquisef: 1:40pm On Sep 19, 2018
i know someone that quoted this and was still turned back.. i guess it all depends
tobey2ng:

Obviously, you didn't do your homework before going. It is boldly written on VFS website, you can come without appointment. Quote it for them and you are in......
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Kods1900: 1:42pm On Sep 19, 2018
If you haven’t contacted IOM Ikeja. Do that and beg them you should get an earlier date.

bests:
Good morning fam,

Please there seems to be huge backlog with medical bookings in the approved hospitals. On contacting (2 out 3 recommended) was told the whole month is filled and will have to wait till mid October.

Any way around this hiccup please?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by HRgirl: 1:43pm On Sep 19, 2018
JumzieBabyy:

Yes i did! Booked for the next day which is today..done and dusted! It has even been updated on my status..

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Walesby: 1:45pm On Sep 19, 2018
jelmusboy:
Ordered GCMS note since July 25 using GCMS buddy but yet to receive it. Anyone experiencing this type of delay?
me too..since July 12 from GCMS
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Godisincontrol: 1:46pm On Sep 19, 2018
Bsbabe:

Whether or not she has access to the letter head, I wil advise she writes it on plain paper. Reason being that she is not writing on behalf of the company and as such has no right to use any letter headed paper. It is not an official letter since she is writing it for you in her personal capacity just to confirm what you claim you have done. Please note that a company’s official letter headed paper is to be used for official business only.

My point exactly. Reason I asked if she is authorised
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Yakay: 1:50pm On Sep 19, 2018
Bsbabe:

Whether or not she has access to the letter head, I wil advise she writes it on plain paper. Reason being that she is not writing on behalf of the company and as such has no right to use any letter headed paper. It is not an official letter since she is writing it for you in her personal capacity just to confirm what you claim you have done. Please note that a company’s official letter headed paper is to be used for official business only.
Ok thanks, noted

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Yakay: 1:50pm On Sep 19, 2018
Godisincontrol:

My point exactly. Reason I asked if she is authorised
Thanks, I appreciate, plain paper it is then.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by canadiandamsel: 1:58pm On Sep 19, 2018
please can work reference letter be addressed "to whom it may concern"
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Tlontin(m): 2:02pm On Sep 19, 2018
Good day all.. pls how long does it takes waec to reply wes verification. I used standard mail by way. Is there anything I can do to hasten the process?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Amica26: 2:08pm On Sep 19, 2018
Yakay:

Yes just the law degree with IQAS will give U
equivalent of professionall degree, but with WES U will get equivalent of BSc, also with WES,the maximum U can get if U evaluate the degree alongside law school is 2 or more certificates. So check which will be better for u, points for professional degree or points U get for 2 or more certificates , whichever is enough for u to boost Ur CRS is what U will go for.

Thank you so much. I am grateful
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by mekadon: 2:18pm On Sep 19, 2018
Hello Fam,
A friend would be getting his ITA today and wants to know what document he can present as a proof of separation from his spouse. They are not divorced yet but he is sure that they are not getting back together again and they have already initiated the divorce process. Your suggestion would be highly appreciated.

Merci
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Yakay: 2:19pm On Sep 19, 2018
Draws out at 441, congratulations to all ITA recipients

14 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by JumzieBabyy: 2:20pm On Sep 19, 2018
sandman007:
That appointment thing is a racket. I started talking like a lawyer saying that the document explicitly states that I can come in, is there any backing circular to this effect? He said Oga just enter. They were trying to say that we should go and do booking of 5k. some thing that is totally free. After we will be abusing the leaders when we are no different

Lol @ bolded...maybe I should have spoken like a lawyer too. I guess it's best one book the appointment ahead and save oneself the hassle. It doesn't cost anything, I booked for tomorrow on my phone in less than 15minutes, will printout the notice when I get to my office.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by JumzieBabyy: 2:21pm On Sep 19, 2018
exquisef:
i know someone that quoted this and was still turned back.. i guess it all depends

Help me tell him o, as if I am mumu.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by xtosync: 2:37pm On Sep 19, 2018
I believe this is a good read for information sake and to calm some fraying nerves wink (I hope grin grin grin).

As I have said in other answers, I am a retired visa officer (Canadian overseas immigration officer). I worked for CIC and its predecessors for many years.

Concerning “slow”, are you speaking of applications for visitor visas or applications to immigrate to Canada? Processing procedures and processing times are very different depending on what sort of visa you are applying for.

Visa applicants so often seem to imagine that CIC and its programming must be the most important activity conducted by the Government of Canada. It’s not even close. Historically immigration and visas have been much lower priorities than other Government of Canada activity, such as Employment Insurance, National Defence, international trade relations, income tax collection, implementing bilingualism legislation, regulating and ensuring the safety of the transportation industry, the pharmaceutical industry etc. After all, immigration applicants don’t vote.
There is something else that frankly I find a little disturbing in some of the questions I see that relate to immigration to Canada. Many of those comments come from the developing world.

Many of those who ask questions about visas do not seem aware that Canada is essentially land stolen by colonizing European countries. They invaded North America and attacked and brutalized and in some cases attempted to exterminate the indigenous peoples, all of them people of colour. Some of those countries were the same ones that attacked most of what is now the developing world and subjugated, exploited and humiliated the peoples who were there.

Please remember that Canada was established on a terrible historic justice. There is nothing that immigrants can do about it other than be aware and be understanding and supportive of Canadian aboriginal people who are trying to recover what is left of their heritage and their resources. If you do not you are essentially accepting the rationalizations of European colonizers who asserted it was their destiny to rule the developing world.

Martin
Culled from here

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by joo2018: 2:38pm On Sep 19, 2018
Kai! The number in the pool keeps rising, more than 90,000 now. Most with very little hope of getting ITA.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by jelmusboy(m): 2:39pm On Sep 19, 2018
Are they not issuing GCMS note anymore?

Walesby:

me too..since July 12 from GCMS
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by ArcUgo(m): 2:42pm On Sep 19, 2018
3500 invited after inviting 3900 last time.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by kingspaco: 3:14pm On Sep 19, 2018
canadiandamsel:
please can work reference letter be addressed "to whom it may concern"
Yes it can be addressed as "To whom it may Concern"

No issues with that
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by veleta: 3:22pm On Sep 19, 2018
Hi everyone,if an employee is paid salary directly through employers personal account, instead of company's account, does it call for concern?Your input is appreciated,thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by jelmusboy(m): 3:22pm On Sep 19, 2018
It is PPRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

98 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Newmum0615: 3:24pm On Sep 19, 2018
My dear, I love these your CSO duties. If only you can include one sentence in your JD, you can safely use NOC 6235. If you know, you know. Just one sentence. 6314 can only work if you can also include one sentence to indicate that you supervise other CSOs. One sentence also.
In both cases, one sentence can save you from it falling under NOC C.
Cuteaidomo:
Good day all, i have been silently following this thread for sometime nw,while putting my documents together. I have completed my WES evaluation awaiting ECA and also written IELTS and had the ff result L8.5,R9,S7.5,W6.5. Have asked for a remark for the writing,hopin it will change to 7 and i also plan to retake the exam while waiting. However,i have some concerns and would like ur inputs.
1. I worked as a customer service officer in the bank from 2008 to 2015. Presently,i am unemployed. As the PA,i hope i can still use this work experience?

2. Can someone pls help me with the right NOC to use. Below are my duties as stated in the reference letter that was issued to me by the bank.

1.Account opening,transfer,documentation update and closure

2. E-product mgt including processing qn administration of all e- product requests by customers and also ensuring resolution of all compaints arising from use of e-products.

3. Cheque book mgt including processing and release of cheque books.

4. Customer feedback and complaints mgt

5. Process reference letters (Trade,embassy and confirmation of signature letters)

6.Process International trade transactions

7.Account/Relationship Management

8. Records Management.

Is it ok to use NOC 6314? @Newmum,ur input will be highly appreciated.
Hope to get a response soon, thanks all.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 3:25pm On Sep 19, 2018
Yay!!!! Nice! Congrats! Timeline please.

jelmusboy:
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by ArabianRose(f): 3:25pm On Sep 19, 2018
CONGRATS!! GCMS MAN grin

jelmusboy:
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Newmum0615: 3:25pm On Sep 19, 2018
What did I tell ya!
Congratulations my brother. God don do am..
#Dancing.
jelmusboy:

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by woaini(f): 3:26pm On Sep 19, 2018
Yaaaayyyyyy.... congratulations. So happy for you

jelmusboy:
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 3:32pm On Sep 19, 2018
Worrier Jelmusboy!!!!!!! See me grinning from ear to ear over here. Congratulations!! Super psyched for you
jelmusboy:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by jelmusboy(m): 3:32pm On Sep 19, 2018
Again, it is PPR. LVO Gang

I need help ooo. I'm not currently in the UK and have been requested to send my passport to London. I'm in Nigeria now, how do I inform them to allow me send passport to Accra for visa and COPR?

Help my hustle finish ooo
@Newmum et al

I will come back for timeline posting

12 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) ... (612)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.