Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,871 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:25 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 - Travel (430) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 (911334 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (427) (428) (429) (430) (431) (432) (433) ... (612) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by iamkunski: 12:36pm On Oct 16, 2018
I think i have counted 8 PPRs today already. 2 more and i will declare tomorrow public holiday. grin grin grin

Ninichinny:
Clears throat, our ppr is here

Finally the golden eagle landed at 1am today, been busy shouting and dancing sotey my voice don crack finish. Can,t describe this feeling ooooo it's doing me jigi jigi for body.

Will share my timeline very soon(Hubby is the pa sha). Let's submit passport sharpaly.

27 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by dumsydsassy1: 12:37pm On Oct 16, 2018
Congratulations my dearest @dumprep. We prayed and God answered. To Him alone be all ther glory. And to your bro, Brother like no other, God bless you richly, you will eat the fruit of your labor.

Congratulations to all the PPR recipients of today.. Canada will favor you!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by globalmitch: 12:38pm On Oct 16, 2018
Yakay:

I guess october dates are still available at IOM IKEJA, worse case u get early Novemeber. Everyone is just struggling over Q-life and Children's Practice, when there is actually a third option. I dont understand, not like all options in lagos has been exhausted.

13k difference is not a small difference in this long journey especially when you have a family, so that third option is except in dire situation

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Aig842: 12:40pm On Oct 16, 2018
Congratulations to all ITA and PPR receipients!! Truely Awesome stuff.

There's something fundamentally wrong somewhere and I hope this doesn't cost us going forward.
Certain behavior has become norm and the new generation can't tell right from wrong.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by pejuhazel(f): 12:41pm On Oct 16, 2018
Thanks, wish I knew this before I applied.
Ramj:

Its just for easy delivery. You can send it to anywhere in the world. It does not have to be where you currently reside

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by TEECANN: 12:47pm On Oct 16, 2018
dumprep:
My great family. It has happened! The joy I feel right now cannot be described. My chest o!

I remember precisely on the 28th of September when;

iaatmguy said, "aswearoGod but i wonder why those announcing type short post and term it "LONG POST ALERT". Mods please lets enforce PPR announcement to be 1,000,000 words".
iaatmguy, i hope say you don fix that keyboard? Lol.

30 minutes later, Ifeoma77 replied saying, "I second this motion jare! Every time I see "It's PPR, Long post alert", e dey sweet my belle. We want more".

Tojued (talking to Expectantbee) said, "Congratulations! Eagerly awaiting the full gist! Like was suggested today, please make it as long as possible".

So please, abeg, biko, ejo, make una permit me to sweet Ifeoma belle, enforce iaatmguy's PPR-announcement-with-1-million-words policy and make it as long as possible for Tojued by declaring this announcement a #LONG FUNNY DRAMATIC POST. Enjoy!

Somewhere in Lag where I was jejely on my way to work this morning, I saw Broda Shaggi and McLively and this happened.....

Me: "Hello Broda Shaggi"
Broda Shaggi: "ah! Ore mi! Ow are you? Any queshun for d day? Oya......hit me!"
Me: "Broda Shaggi! I got my PPR this morning!"
Broda Shaggi: "Shuo! Na queshun be dat? PRP? wetin be PRP?"
Me: "No Broda Shaggi. Not PRP. It is called PPR. The PPR is the email an applicant receives.......".
McLively: #interrupts rudely: "My friend! He ask you what PPR is and you have take 2-way flight to Ottawa and come back to Mushin. What is PPR? Simple question! PPR means Passport Request. It means......"
Me: "Oga. The question was not for you".
McLively: "Ehnnnn...but...but I choose to answer it".
Broda Shaggi: "LOL. LMAO. LIMFAO. Ogbeni! You neva answer my queshun. I say wetin be PPR?!!"
Me: "PPR is Passport Request. Also commonly known as the Golden Email. It is an email an applicant receives which indicates that their Canadian Permanent Residence application is successfully approved and it notifies the applicant to submit their passport at the visa centre for onward processing. ".
Broda Shaggi: "Golden wetin? Canada? So how me sef go take enter Canada? Becos dis naija no be country, na state and capital. As dis country dey like dis, dem suppose give dis country visa make e travel, make e go see e mates - Canada, Dubai, America, make e go see how dem dey do. Oya show me d Canada way na?"
Me: "Ok. The first step you need to take is to calculate your CRS, then do your ECA (with WES or IQAS), then write the IELTS, then....."
Broda Shaggi: "You dey smoke abi? E be like say ironic bomb dey your head abi? All dis acrimony wey you dey mention.....
"
Me: "No Broda Shaggi. It's called 'atomic bomb' and they are called 'Acronyms' not 'acrimony'. Also, you have to first do some research on Canada Express Entry. You can go to Nairaland for more info.......".
Broda Shaggi: "Nairaland? No be those pipu wey dey say make newcomers go read from Page 1? Their fada!"
Me: "Yes, they are good people. Also...."
Broda Shaggi:"Also kini? If dem born anybody well, make dem tell me say make i go read from page 1. E be like say fufu wey don spoil dey una belle."
Me: "But Broda Shaggi. If you want to be a permanent resident in Canada, Nairaland can help you achieve that. It is a great and wealthy source of information and inspiration. There are great and kind folks who are always willing and ready to help. We have GlitteringStar, NewMum0615, Ifeoma77, joo2018, Elfmannisback, einsteino, kontagious, Tojued, cochtrane, Hephgirl, iaatmguy, the ever-helpful-three-colored musketeers (smslive2, mcstan18, sunvick), TEECANN, luffyhaki, ysteph, "je m'apelle Ramj", jholarharde, NanaF, radec, stonecoldcafe, guitarlife, bbaby84, tolfa, happytbaby, CanadianBae and many other awesome people."
Broda Shaggi: "guitar wetin? Elfman is where? shey na people name be dat? People wey dey for dis our naija?"
Me: "No, it's not their names, it is their monikers".
Broda Shaggi: "Monica? No be woman name be dat? Dis Ifeoma77 wey u mention, na woman abi?"
Me: "my broda, me sef no know if Ifeoma77 na woman. Ifeoma dey use our head play ludo".
Broda Shaggi: "so you don tell all these moniker your timetable?"

Me: "No Broda Shaggi. It is called Timeline, not timetable. My ITA was May 9, AOR was June 13, MEP/IP1 was June 26, IP2 was October 9, ADR (Updated Bank Statement) was October 10, ADR submitted same day, PPR mail came in at 4:17 AM today (October 16), Visa Office is Ottawa, AOR to PPR is 125 days, Single applicant".

Broda Shaggi: "Oyaaaa!!!! Tell dem! Because Oyinbo say what? A Express Entry is a game changer for the illegal immigrant for d moniker and the continent of Nigeria and the diaspora".......#doing the broda shaggi pose......."Taink u!"
Me: "illegal immigrant? I am not an illegal immi....."
Broda Shaggi: #interrupts and does the broda shaggi pose again. "i say.......taink u!"

On my way now to submit my passport sharply as I owe my loving brother some sweet 15 sibling points. The journey is not over until we both get our COPRs and land in Canada. It will surely end in praise. #DancingShakuShakuAway. I will keep you guys updated as events unfold. Thank you All.

Make I drop this phone and hold my dear passport tight because this bus conductor is looking at me like .........

wow wow wow @dumprep

BIG C.O.N.G.R.A.T.U.L.A.T.I.O.N.S. grin grin

In the total of my 5 threads following of Canadian Express Entry, I have never seen a more dramatic PPR announcement. You deserve accolades for this.

So happy for you...different travails for different folks on this journey, but the sweet thing is beautiful is all that started well and ended well!

Certainly, this phase has ended well in praises for you.

Go flourish, fulfill destiny and "flesh up small ni ooo" grin in Cannyland, we are coming behind ya.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by ans123: 12:48pm On Oct 16, 2018
Kasich:

I just called Q-life to book a date and they said the earliest available date is 6th December. I hope you people don't take this bad habit of greed and ignorance to Canada, just wait till you get ITA before booking, it's unfair to others.

You cannot be hoping to improve your score or still writing IELTS yet have a booked appointment. This same thing ruined Germany interview dates late last year and lots of us with admission letters where unable to get dates while some folks who didn't have admission yet booked more than 10 slots with different emails.

Please let's have a change of heart and consider others, I may have to opt for opt for Abuja for medicals.

How come no one is talking about booking with IOM GRA Ikeja
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Ifeoma77(f): 12:49pm On Oct 16, 2018
OHHHHEMMMMGEEEEEEE!!!!!!
Dumprep my love!!! Congratulations darling!!!!!!!

You see that my post about people checking their emails and spam? I was talking to you!!! I hoped that it had dropped.

Just negodu the sweet PPR announcement, so sweet that it can cause diabetes!!!

The tension is over, the wait is over, the worry is over,
IT HAS ENDED IN PRAISE!
KAI! I can't concentrate at work again o, see me screaming.

For all your troubles, God will give you double in Canada, everything will happen for you with ease. Congrats congrats congrats

To the rest of the PPR announcers, abeg learn from @Dumprep grin

@Tojued, I had to blink tears away grin before my contact lens fall out

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Caddy007: 12:57pm On Oct 16, 2018
Splendid!
God bless your brother immensely!

dumprep:
My great family. It has happened! The joy I feel right ...
Make I drop this phone and hold my dear passport tight because this bus conductor is looking at me like .........
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by iPopAlomo(m): 1:00pm On Oct 16, 2018
stonecoldcafe:
Congrats @Eben04, iamkunski, phemmy26, futureenergy, 30watts, Algbenguze, iPopAlomo, simplyalero, Pacowo & Amakaota, Fuzzyman Jocanada, Favoured2505 (on your ppr)

Merci beaicoup...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by iaatmguy(m): 1:02pm On Oct 16, 2018
dumprep:
My great family. It has happened! The joy I feel right now cannot be described. My chest o!

iaatmguy said, "aswearoGod but i wonder why those announcing type short post and term it "LONG POST ALERT". Mods please lets enforce PPR announcement to be 1,000,000 words".

30 minutes later, Ifeoma77 replied saying, "I second this motion jare! Every time I see "It's PPR, Long post alert", e dey sweet my belle. We want more".

Tojued (talking to Expectantbee) said, "Congratulations! Eagerly awaiting the full gist! Like was suggested today, please make it as long as possible".

So please, abeg, biko, ejo, make una permit me to sweet Ifeoma belle, enforce iaatmguy's PPR-announcement-with-1-million-words policy and make it as long as possible for Tojued by declaring this announcement a #LONG FUNNY DRAMATIC POST. Enjoy!

YOU ARE THE most valuable player Canadian, for blessing the thread with the BEST EVER PPR ANNOUCEMENT. your brother @Topsmamen is the most valuable, importanter, person+player+canadian. @nemmum0615(i still hold you dear for your selflesness). he deserves all the "akolade" you be man of the year

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Tojued: 1:07pm On Oct 16, 2018
Ifeoma77:
OHHHHEMMMMGEEEEEEE!!!!!!

@Tojued, I had to blink tears away grin before my contact lens fall out

Issokay na, you people have already confirmed that I'm the most hard-hearted person around. I do get really touched and 'awwwyyy', but if I hear say tears show na to go do pregnancy test be that grin

The PPR announcements today sha I'm finding it very difficult to work. Just too excited. Too much good news in the air.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Tojued: 1:09pm On Oct 16, 2018
smslive2:
Collect one hot orijin on @Tojued bill please

Orijin? Make that a moet please. It's celebration all the way today.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by smslive2: 1:11pm On Oct 16, 2018
@Topsmamen.... I am sure you are a proud brother now. I had to go to your profile again and i can see how you were committed in helping your sister. This post caught my attention and i can only pray for God to bless you and grant you your heart desires... You are indeed a rare gem.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by amolat: 1:11pm On Oct 16, 2018
purplerain:
Hi All.

Long post alert!

Its PPR guys. Yes o, after 7 months, London VO has freed me.
AOR: 4 March 2018
MEP: 13 March 2018
ADR 1: 19 Sep 2018
ADR 2: 2 Oct 2018
RPRF : 5 Oct 2018
IP2 : 9 Oct 2018
PPR: 9 Oct 2018.

In January 2018, Hubs and I decided to apply for Canadian PPR. I am the primary applicant, and I have a foreign masters degree, so WES evaluation was pretty easy.
A day after we entered the pool, we received our ITA.
I always knew our application would get sent to London. It was a feeling i couldnt shake.
On 21-Mar 2018, i got a "how to get a job in canada email".
Chai, i knew we had entered 1 chance grin

I called hubby and told him my worst fears had come true. But he was still trying to give me hope. The email is not a guarantee of transfer to London. I said ok o..make we dey see.

In May 2018, we called IRCC, and they confirmed that in deed on that day, our file was transferred to LVO.

July 2018, i sent LVO an email, asking for an update on my application, their response was i was in a queue waiting review.

Sept 4 2018, exactly 6 months after AOR, i sent Ralph an email. Asking for an update. He responded that although my file was initially reviewed on 7-Aug, nothing had been started.

Chai!!!! 6 months, nothing. I wont lie, I cried.

19-Sep-18: LVO sent me 8 ADR requests. Yes, O, 8!!!!!

We compiled and submitted everything on 25 of Sept.

2 of Oct, another ADR. This time, 1 year bank statement for my salary account.

We submitted the one i generated from mobile app, including reference letter from the bank, 12 months payslip, and updated POF. (the last 3 were to be sure they had everything o).

On 5-Oct, we received RPRF request. That day, i knew it was only a matter of time.
Family members were already dancing and jubilating o..Hubs and I were still waiting for PPR, before we dance sha.

12pm today, it came o....

Finally!!!!

Please help me thank God o. He has been in charge from the get go.

Did i mention that the second ADR came from Lagos office.. Yes o, Lagos immigration.

Only God knows how and when Lagos became involved in my case.

It sha ended in praise!!!.

Please what are the ADRs you got

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 1:12pm On Oct 16, 2018
So the rain that fell in my zone today was for all these amazing ppr testimonies!!! Congratulations to all the PPR testifiers I think this is is the largest we've ever recorded in a day except i'm mistaken sha....
Special congrats to @dumprep your story was worth the read, funny and very touching your brother makes me believe there is still genuine love between siblings!!! @Topsmamen you're a gem i thank God for ur family...
.P.S it seems AOR - August 29th our time is drawing nearer grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Ifeoma77(f): 1:13pm On Oct 16, 2018
To all those fighting about booking medicals, have you considered the fact that more often than not, the booking/wait time is genuine?

So far, there are only four hospitals serving the entire Nigeria and the Canada waka is catching on like wildfire.

Sure, a few people book in two hospitals and book when they're not yet ready but instead of coming to rant here, why not adjust yourself to the changing clime and also start booking ahead.

Even as heavy as the traffic from Canada EE is, remember that these hospitals don't serve only Canada PR hopefuls. Australia, New Zealand, Canada student visa, USA, UK and a dozen other countries. These hospitals also do their normal jobs of providing healthcare.

Also consider that Qlife and Children's Practice are cheaper and therefore so much more popular, hence the long booking. IOM in both Abuja and Lagos don't have more than two weeks wait time for any booking.

It's frustrating yes. But why let what you can't control rile you up so much? Your ranting won't stop people from booking and the hospitals definitely won't refuse a booking - whatever they are, they are also businesses.

Everyone should please take a chill pill, the atmosphere of this thread is lovely today and y'all are spoiling it.

To those who are booking two hospitals or booking when you've not even started ECA, angry
wth?

And for all those who are angry, oya no vex
kiss

15 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Xenyth(m): 1:13pm On Oct 16, 2018
Am encouraged....
The pof has been the challenge for us. I will hold on to your faith and start our journey this month.

dumprep:

On my way now to submit my passport sharply as I owe my loving brother some sweet 15 sibling points. The journey is not over until we both get our COPRs and land in Canada. It will surely end in praise. #DancingShakuShakuAway. I will keep you guys updated as events unfold. Thank you All.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Ifeoma77(f): 1:18pm On Oct 16, 2018
Tojued:

Issokay na, you people have already confirmed that I'm the most hard-hearted person around. I do get really touched and 'awwwyyy', but if I hear say tears show na to go do pregnancy test be that grin

The PPR announcements today sha I'm finding it very difficult to work. Just too excited. Too much good news in the air.

No you're not hard-hearted, you're just dehydrated tongue tongue
By the time you finish that moet, the tears will come grin

Runs away

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Tojued: 1:20pm On Oct 16, 2018
Xenyth:
Am encouraged....
The pof has been the challenge for us. I will hold on to your faith and start our journey this month.

Lol POF is not a real challenge. Start the other steps in faith. I'm yet to see someone who got ITA and declined more than twice, because of POF. e go sort eself.

10 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by TEECANN: 1:25pm On Oct 16, 2018
Pacowo:
It's PPR ooooooo

My God is faithful

Decision to travel September 2017
Wes- November 2017
Spouse Wes - December 2017
First IELTS - February 2018 (L8. 5R8W6. 5S7)
Spouse IELTS - March 2018 (L7R6. 5W6S6. 5)
Second IELTS - April 2018 (L8. 5R8. 5W7S8)
CRS -451
ITA - May 23rd
AOR- June 21st
MEP- July 5th
IP1- July 6th
ADR - August 9th (added my new born)
Submitted ADR - September 1st
Account updated to review additional docs provided- September 5th
ADR-Not applicable - October13th
IP2 - October 13th
PPR -October 16th (email dates October 15th)
No 6months statement, just gtb generic letter and statement showing the date huge sum was transferred to my acct for sale of vehicle and my dads gift deed. Purchased treasury bill and also submitted the treasury bill certificate.

Thanks to all those that responded to my queries, God bless you all. Newmum, glittering star etc...

We will all get there

Yet to receive the gcms notes I ordered last month

Congratulations on your family's "tear rubber" PPR.

Coincidentally, you are of my ITA class (May 23rd 2018), but earlier AOR. grin grin

Thank God this ended well in praises and greet that cutie of yours that came in in time to log onto your application, na seroius smart work im do! grin

...That cutie be like "...you think say you'all go go Canada without me? lai lai!....las, las, you go do ADR ni..." grin grin

Go ye all and flourish in Cannyland. May the beautiful destinies of you and yours blossom over there.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Xenyth(m): 1:27pm On Oct 16, 2018
Thank you. We Will start with the ECA of my wife Master being the PA. We are both preparing for Ielts next month.
Tojued:

Lol POF is not a real challenge. Start the other steps in faith. I'm yet to see someone who got ITA and declined more than twice, because of POF. e go sort eself.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by mcstan18(m): 1:27pm On Oct 16, 2018
Enitan007:
Just entered the pool on 443 after spouse IELTS result dropped this morning. I pray next draw comes down, as I'll be losing 5 point by Nov 6.

Congrats on your ITA
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Kasich(m): 1:40pm On Oct 16, 2018
ans123:

How come no one is talking about booking with IOM GRA Ikeja

I just did, it took quite a while to reach their help desk. Thanks for your concern
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by mcstan18(m): 1:40pm On Oct 16, 2018
joo2018:
Congrats to everybody who aced IELTS. The rest of us, let's keep trying.

In other news, Part 1 of my Canada story almost over after 9 months since decision to travel. Spouse ECA received and IELTS results out. CRS jumping from 423 to 447. My marathon stay in the pool almost over.

Fingers crossed for next Wednesday.

NB: now I know why the number of candidates with high CRS score in the EE pool jumps from Friday to draw on Wednesday. IELTS General Training tests globally comes out the week before the draw (here). So you see people worldwide massively collecting their TRF between Friday and Tuesday and diving into the pool or updating their profile against Wednesday.

Congrats on this massive boost and on your coming ITA. I pray that you get a speedy processing

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Ninichinny: 1:40pm On Oct 16, 2018
My timeline below

IELTS- May 24th 2018
AOR -20th July 2018
MEP/IP1 -August, 2018
IP2- 13th October
PPR -16 Oct
I want to use this opportunity to thank my nairaland people for all the help rendered to me. I wish all those awaiting ppr,ITA and ECA a speedy result in Jesus name.
Please how can someone residing in the east send passport to abuja, since CVAC service charge must be paid by cash at the bank counter in CVAC, Abuja. Thank you

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Numerouuuno: 1:45pm On Oct 16, 2018
Ninichinny:
My timeline below

IELTS- May 24th 2018
AOR -20th July 2018
MEP/IP1 -August, 2018
IP2- 13th October
PPR -16 Oct
I want to use this opportunity to thank my nairaland people for all the help rendered to me. I wish all those awaiting ppr,ITA and ECA a speedy result in Jesus name.
Please how can someone residing in the east send passport to abuja, since CVAC service charge must be paid by cash at the bank counter in CVAC, Abuja. Thank you
Congratulations, I've never seen this MUCH PPR announcement in this forum in a day and I'm an avid follower of the thread.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by ITABABE: 1:52pm On Oct 16, 2018
So I know I have to do this now . Many of you might not know my "moniker" but I have been in this race since 2016.All my mates here in Nairaland have all landed sef. Now I want you to look at my timeline carefully and note the year.

IELTS: January 2016-9 8.5 7.5 7
ITA: April something can't remember 2017
AOR: may 25 2017
MP: July 1 2017
IP2 : August 1 or 3 2017

Then Silence....................................................................................................................................................We entered 2018

Ordered GCMS Feb 2018. No flags notes. Mails said application was still under processing. Wrote Prime Minister sef . Same story. Then Silence again..............................,,,,,,........................................................................................................................................ I had to stop commenting on Nairaland as I neither belonged to this thread nor did I belong to the threAd of those who had already landed . I was sha in between

An update came late August for another set of Medicals as the one previously done had expired. We finally got a date in October.

Let's just say PPR landed this morning, Oct 16th 2018;[/b]10 days after the second Medicals and [b]17 months after AOR. Thank you to @glitteringstar and @chinne4Jesus for still checking on me from time to time.

Keep the support on this page ongoing . May Canada favor us all.

102 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Owlette: 1:56pm On Oct 16, 2018
My dear. I know ur moniker well well and I still never enter pool sad congrats on your ppr.
ITABABE:
So I know I have to do this now . Many of you might not know my "moniker" but I have been in this race since 2016.All my mates here in Nairaland have all landed sef. Now I want you to look at my timeline carefully and note the year.

Then Silence....................................................................................................................................................We entered 2018

Ordered GCMS Feb 2018. No flags notes. Mails said application was still under processing. Wrote Prime Minister sef . Same story. Then Silence again..............................,,,,,,........................................................................................................................................ I had to stop commenting on Nairaland as I neither belonged to this thread nor did I belong to the threAd of those who had already landed . I was sha in between

An update came late August for another set of Medicals as the one previously done had expired. We finally got a date in October.

Let's just say PPR landed this morning, Oct 16th 2018;[/b]10 days after the second Medicals and [b]17 months after AOR. Thank you to @glitteringstar and @chinne4Jesus for still checking on me from time to time.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by orenishii: 1:58pm On Oct 16, 2018
dumprep:

Broda Shaggi: "LOL. LMAO. LIMFAO. Ogbeni! You neva answer my queshun. I say wetin be PPR?!!"
Me: "PPR is Passport Request. Also commonly known as the Golden Email. It is an email an applicant receives which indicates that their Canadian Permanent Residence application is successfully approved and it notifies the applicant to submit their passport at the visa centre for onward processing. ".
Broda Shaggi: "Golden wetin? Canada? So how me sef go take enter Canada? Becos dis naija no be country, na state and capital. As dis country dey like dis, dem suppose give dis country visa make e travel, make e go see e mates - Canada, Dubai, America, make e go see how dem dey do. Oya show me d Canada way na?"
Me: "Ok. The first step you need to take is to calculate your CRS, then do your ECA (with WES or IQAS), then write the IELTS, then....."
Broda Shaggi: "You dey smoke abi? E be like say ironic bomb dey your head abi? All dis acrimony wey you dey mention.....
"
Me: "No Broda Shaggi. It's called 'atomic bomb' and they are called 'Acronyms' not 'acrimony'. Also, you have to first do some research on Canada Express Entry. You can go to Nairaland for more info.......".
Broda Shaggi: "Nairaland? No be those pipu wey dey say make newcomers go read from Page 1? Their fada!"
Me: "Yes, they are good people. Also...."
Broda Shaggi:"Also kini? If dem born anybody well, make dem tell me say make i go read from page 1. E be like say fufu wey don spoil dey una belle."
Me: "[i]But Broda Shaggi. If you want to be a permanent resident in Canada, Nairaland can help you achieve that. It is a great and wealthy source of information and inspiration.
Me: "[i]No Broda Shaggi. It is called Timeline, not timetable. My ITA was May 9, AOR was June 13, MEP/IP1 was June 26, IP2 was October 9, ADR (Updated Bank Statement) was October 10, ADR submitted same day, PPR mail came in at 4:17 AM today (October 16), Visa Office is Ottawa, AOR to PPR is 125 days, [b]Single

Congratulations darling. You need to see the way I shouted in my office, as if it was me. This is such moving testimony.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by iamkunski: 1:58pm On Oct 16, 2018
WOW !!! 17 MONTHS !!!

Excuse me, Sir/Madam, how did you not lose your mind?

ITABABE:

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by orenishii: 1:59pm On Oct 16, 2018
Ninichinny:
My timeline below

IELTS- May 24th 2018
AOR -20th July 2018
MEP/IP1 -August, 2018
IP2- 13th October
PPR -16 Oct

Congrats!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (427) (428) (429) (430) (431) (432) (433) ... (612)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3

Viewing this topic: 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.