Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,425 members, 7,826,654 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 05:40 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 - Travel (440) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 (914694 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (437) (438) (439) (440) (441) (442) (443) ... (612) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by smslive2: 1:57pm On Oct 17, 2018
As per my understanding... If you visit a country after a PCC was issued, then you will need to reapply for a fresh PCC (If you are yet to submit your eAPR). You need to apply for a PCC after the last time you exit a country! This doesn't apply to your current country of residence.

For countries in which the applicant no longer lives, the police certificate must have been issued after the last time the client lived in that country.

For the applicant’s current country of residence,the police certificate must be issued no more than six months before submission of the e-APR.
nomad26:
@smslive2, of course it won't be valid but that would also apply to a stay in any country regardless of the length of the visit. Somebody can commit a crime on their first day in a country they didn't live in for 6 months or more.
However according to the guidance on this PCC requirement, they haven't specifically requested for PCC from every country visited, just countries you stayed 6 months or more in a row.
It would be good to hear from people with similar experiences who got PPR.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Compu001: 1:59pm On Oct 17, 2018
Please where can I download Cambridge IELTS exam from 1-12?? Can someone help me??
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by jholarharde(f): 2:07pm On Oct 17, 2018
i just came to peep to see if it's raining PPR like yesterday. how i loved yesterday cool

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by FirstTImeUser: 2:09pm On Oct 17, 2018
iamkunski:
O ti wole oooooooo. Mo ti gba ITA ooooooooo. I can't breath!!!

Congratulations... Was watching out for your announcement. #Saw your earlier post#.... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by 30watts: 2:14pm On Oct 17, 2018
Hello Guys

Please I need clarification as regards the POF. I have mutual funds with Stanbic IBTC (Money Market) which covers the needed amount and I also intend to use my 25% of my pension fund. Is providing this enough or it is mandatory to still provide bank account statements (*account balances are very low. I recently paid my grad school fees in the US and no income for now) ? I have researched but have doubts hence the reason to know what successful applicants have done in the past.

Relevant link below is a bit ambiguos to me:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/proof-funds.html

Thank You
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by 30watts: 2:15pm On Oct 17, 2018
30watts:
Hello Guys

Please I need clarification as regards the POF. I have mutual funds with Stanbic IBTC (Money Market) which covers the needed amount and I also intend to use my 25% of my pension fund as a buffer. Is providing this enough or it is mandatory to still provide bank account statements (*account balances are very low. I recently paid my grad school fees in the US and no income for now) ? I have researched but have doubts hence the reason to know what successful applicants have done in the past.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/proof-funds.html

Thank You
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by 30watts: 2:15pm On Oct 17, 2018
30watts:
Hello Guys

Please I need clarification as regards the POF. I have mutual funds with Stanbic IBTC (Money Market) which covers the needed amount and I also intend to use my 25% of my pension fund. Is providing this enough or it is mandatory to still provide bank account statements (*account balances are very low. I recently paid my grad school fees in the US and no income for now) ? I have researched but have doubts hence the reason to know what successful applicants have done in the past.

Thank You
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Talking(m): 2:33pm On Oct 17, 2018
Big congratulations to all recent COPR, ppr, ITA clinchers and IELTS smashers.

It will surely get to us, because our time is coming.

We continue to move and hope for the best.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by doppler06: 2:35pm On Oct 17, 2018
TEECANN:

Most times, the VO may not bother to levy your pensions balance where other funds submitted covers the POF required for the family size. Hence some people conclude that their pensions weren't used. That doesn't mean that the 25% pension account balance is not acceptable as a source of POF
If you go through hayor2014's posts, you'll see where he came seeking for advice cuz it was noted on his GCMS that proof of funds was not met cuz the VO didn't include pension. Nd he had also stated that he had initially included a cover letter showing that pension 25% clause.
He was advised to resend the clause and as well top-up which he did.

Worthy of note is the fact that there was no ADR sent to him.... it was from GCMS he saw the ish.

IMO, I feel some VO's accept it while some might not (werey people). Best bet for anybody using Pension is to order GCMS and see if your VO accepted or excluded it.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Amakal: 3:53pm On Oct 17, 2018
Hi Everyone and congrats to all those with good news.

Quick question pls, I've been in the pool since Jan with a score of 431. I have a sibling who got ITA sometime in june and has submitted all documents, currently on the stage of Medicals passed. At what stage in this process do I update my profile to get 15 points for sibling in canada?

Anyone pls?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by igwillions: 3:54pm On Oct 17, 2018
iaatmguy:
why not do a diploma (thats if you are doing it for claming points ) some diplomas are shorter and less costly. my 2 cents

Brother it's for claiming points o. Do you have any suggestion(s) as to any I can do as I work excluding NOUN post graduate? I will go confirm the cost of their PGD at their Mccarthy study centre tomorrow.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by igwillions: 3:55pm On Oct 17, 2018
beeodun:

...and so shall it be dear. Las las,God go make us all dey alright as we meet in our new country. All the best.

Amen(sssssssssssssssssss) with jara.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by daks01: 3:56pm On Oct 17, 2018
You have to wait for your sibling to land first and you even have to present his/her Canadian utility bill and all that sef as proof, so you have to be patient.

Amakal:

Hi Everyone and congrats to all those with good news.

Quick question pls, I've been in the pool since Jan with a score of 431. I have a sibling who got ITA sometime in june and has submitted all documents, currently on the stage of Medicals passed. At what stage in this process do I update my profile to get 15 points for sibling in canada?

Anyone pls?

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by jneo(m): 4:09pm On Oct 17, 2018
wealthiest1:
Let's chat maybe we can work out something. Is October 24th good for you?

Thanks guys, I went to IOM this morning and was able to book an appointment for October 24th.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by jergins: 4:32pm On Oct 17, 2018
PPR landed.

ITA - May 23
AOR - July 17
MEP/IP1 - August 23 or so.
BG in progress noticed Oct 15.
PPR - Oct 17(Dated 16th)

Family of four.
VO unknown, no LoE.

Thanks to all the wealth of resources here. Been so helpful.

Best of Luck to everyone.

75 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by joo2018: 4:32pm On Oct 17, 2018
Members of this thread have used Tbills only. So, I believe Mutual funds and 25% pension fund should fly.
30watts:
Hello Guys

Thank You
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by prex29: 4:33pm On Oct 17, 2018
Good day all
I am currently filling the PR application online (got ITA!, we thank God), under the educational history do I need to include my undergraduate degree details since I only claimed points (with ECA) for my masters degree ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by joo2018: 4:33pm On Oct 17, 2018
Good one! Congrats! Go and shine!
jergins:
PPR landed.

ITA - May 23
AOR - July 17
PPR - Oct 17(Dated 16th)

Family of four.
VO unknown, no LoE.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 4:43pm On Oct 17, 2018
jergins:
PPR landed.

ITA - May 23
AOR - July 17
PPR - Oct 17(Dated 16th)

Family of four.
VO unknown, no LoE.

Congrats dear
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Jbelieve: 4:45pm On Oct 17, 2018
jergins:
PPR landed.

ITA - May 23
AOR - July 17
PPR - Oct 17(Dated 16th)

Family of four.
VO unknown, no LoE.

Congratulations
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by raphrulz: 4:47pm On Oct 17, 2018
A big congratulations sir/ma.

But on a serious note,.... you didnt do justice to this PPR ooo...

We need long PPR naaaaaa... Pls give us info on all the struggles, the ups and downs, challenges, the waiting time and the joy exhibited when you saw the mail.

Minimum 1,000 words. Oya answer. Lol grin

jergins:
PPR landed.

ITA - May 23
AOR - July 17
PPR - Oct 17(Dated 16th)

Family of four.
VO unknown, no LoE.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by jergins: 4:51pm On Oct 17, 2018
Thank you everyone,

Urgently need to send our passport down asap. Need to av my own passport back by November ending for a trip in December.

Someone guide on submission.

1. Do I still need to fill the IMM for if no change in family composition.
2. What documents do I need to take along to Lagos VAC.
3. Learnt it should be returned in 2 weeks.is it best to opt for pickup.
4.Any other helpful comment will be appreciated.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by harry41: 4:53pm On Oct 17, 2018
Hello Friend,

WES has finally acknowledged the mail from UNILAG and updated my account accordingly. please how long did it take before you received your report?

Thanks

khinde:

It would end well bruv..
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by harry41: 4:57pm On Oct 17, 2018
Hello Friend,

Please how long does WES take before issuing the report after receipt of verification and account update? I saw 20 business days but isn't that too long? Any experiences please?

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Ndukaezennia1: 4:57pm On Oct 17, 2018
Congrats to all that got ITA. PPR, IELTS. May the news of joy continue to come in this forum.

Please I have two questions, my spouse transferred part of the proof of funds to my account. Now we want to fix this money in T-Bills. Will the fact that this money just came into my account pose a problem if I use it for T-Bills?

We intend to use 2 T-Bills certificate (if we include this new one) and a Letter from Co-operative as proof of funds and a letter from the Bank. Is there any need for the 6 months account statement since the Balance in this account will not be up to 100k after using the money to purchase Treasury Bills?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Jbelieve: 4:57pm On Oct 17, 2018
House please help me with IRCC customer care number.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Zeiya(f): 4:58pm On Oct 17, 2018
jergins:
PPR landed.

ITA - May 23
AOR - July 17
PPR - Oct 17(Dated 16th)

Family of four.
VO unknown, no LoE.

Thank God for this oh!!!!! Praying for PPR since morning

Congrats
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by mcstan18(m): 4:58pm On Oct 17, 2018
raphrulz:
See bro, acceptance of RSA is dependent on the discretion of the Visa Officer. Sometimes they accept and other times they don't. You just have to pray they do in your case. I have seen instances where it was accepted. However, have back up funds just in case it is not accepted. Above all, ensure to check your profile (by either calling CIC or better still, requesting for your GCMS notes) to ascertain if this was accepted. This would help you proactively raise a CSE on updated POF to prevent your application from being rejected.

Good luck

We also need to understand that a VO's discretionary decision can be contested. PF is always legal and valid for use as PoF. I've had to advise some people to raise CSE's on this after having found out that theirs weren't included and all 3 returned positive. As I often say, one only needs to provide relevant persuasive evidence to prove your point, and they're home and dry

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 4:59pm On Oct 17, 2018
doppler06:
Congratulations to everybodyyy is in order. I lost count somewhere
IELTS, ECA, ITA, PPR, COPR, Landing...... a very hearty congrats to you all

@dumprep.... cheesy interesting read. Congrats. Your brother deserves 1 bottle of vodka. Please when you get COPR and pick up the passport, enter Uber biko.... we can't have conductors eyeing your passport at this time angry

Lol. Thanks doppler06 kiss. You're right fam. Na Uber I dey do this time. One nice bulletproofed Audi A6 2017 model sef.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 5:00pm On Oct 17, 2018
Many thanks. God bless.
intercedertee:
Congratulations. That your brother is a God sent, thank God for him. Wishing all d best in Canny
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 5:01pm On Oct 17, 2018
jergins:
PPR landed.

ITA - May 23
AOR - July 17
PPR - Oct 17(Dated 16th)

Awesome! Many congrats jergins.

(1) (2) (3) ... (437) (438) (439) (440) (441) (442) (443) ... (612)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.