Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,039 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:20 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 - Travel (523) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 (908966 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (520) (521) (522) (523) (524) (525) (526) ... (612) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by CanadianNaija: 6:50am On Nov 02, 2018
PabloTrinity:

The validity of your post is not in question but the tone. We can encourage them politely to go to thread 1. I mean the use of "don't be lazy" in your response to him was most inappropriate. All the same, it is well. Remember we are all in this together, thus the forum.

This forum is for ”self help”, as in, help yourself with the information provided on the thread, to do that you'll have to actually read the thread.

So stating the truth is now deemed inappropriate, I'm sorry that I haven't yet drank the political correctness kool aid.

14 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by chuckdee13(m): 7:27am On Nov 02, 2018
Yes I have, so go a few pages back and you will see what you're to do. You have to go to WAEC officw in Yaba.
Wokeyim:
Good morning house. I got below message from WES as per my NECO result sent to them. Pls what does this mean, do I have to start the process with NECO all over?
"
"
"

'WAEC Examination Results *Not Accepted

Reason: WES received your document, but it was not sent directly from the appropriate examining body or institution that awarded your degree/diploma.
Instructions: Please ask the institution that awarded your qualification or the appropriate examining body to send your academic document to WES in a sealed envelop that is stamped or signed across the back flap by the appropriate official. If you have already contacted the appropriate body, no action is necessary at this time. Refer to Required documents."

Pls has any one encountered this kind of issue before?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by bankyh1905(m): 7:29am On Nov 02, 2018
That depends on the request of the evaluating agency but I think all of them require the school to send the transcript directly. Even if that was the case, I don't trust UI PG school to do the needful.

I salute them for getting the transcript ready in one week and sending it via courier immediately. Since then, for 3 months now, they've been a thorn in my flesh - WES sent a request (both email and standard mail) for secondary verification of result (the disadvantage of having studied in Nigeria) but UI PG School claims they didn't receive any request in my name, not even the email. How's that even possible? I called WES to confirm that they sent the request and they said YES. If you ask me, I believe WES not UI. I'm caught in between now. I've had to pay an extra 78 CAD for courier to fast track the process. I'm still waiting.

So, please, don't rely on UI's mailing system - it's unreliable.

omolomolarinero:

Bro, do you by chance know if UI PG school sends official transcripts via official email address
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Estac: 7:54am On Nov 02, 2018
He collects 6k. He usually hangs around Lagos Island but you can call him to come to your office or meet you somewhere. He will bring the form to you. He doesn't work at Alagbon but he is well known there.
Distinct777:
Thanks for this. Please how much does he charge and is he at alagbon too?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Ramj: 8:16am On Nov 02, 2018
Wokeyim:
Good morning house. I got below message from WES as per my NECO result sent to them. Pls what does this mean, do I have to start the process with NECO all over?
"
"
"

'WAEC Examination Results *Not Accepted

Reason: WES received your document, but it was not sent directly from the appropriate examining body or institution that awarded your degree/diploma.
Instructions: Please ask the institution that awarded your qualification or the appropriate examining body to send your academic document to WES in a sealed envelop that is stamped or signed across the back flap by the appropriate official. If you have already contacted the appropriate body, no action is necessary at this time. Refer to Required documents."

Pls has any one encountered this kind of issue before?

Did you scan a send a copy of your certificate to WES.

If yes that is Why if not.

Maybe the document got to them from WES and the flap was open or seal broke.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by D4eva(m): 8:40am On Nov 02, 2018
First post here.
I’ve been a silent follower of this forum/thread for a long time and thanks to you guys for the contributions here.
I’ve mulled the idea of Canadian PR since July 2016 and took the decision to try in April 2018.
Fast forward to November 2018 and I have the desired IELTS score with WES ECA in progress. Yes, I’m caught up in the WAEC wahala; guess I was blinded by the 20 working days WES ECA as opposed to the longer ICES.
Lastly, IELTS writing seems to be a thorn in the flesh-I can offer a second opinion on your essay, especially on task achievement and grammar criteria. Btw, I no be English/writing expert o.
Goodluck!

12 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by wasseynewest: 8:43am On Nov 02, 2018
Woow! God bless this "Newmum" immensely
Nancyeliot:

One day....one sweet day.... me too will testify. I’m just starting.

Congratulations sir.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 8:44am On Nov 02, 2018
bankyh1905:
That depends on the request of the evaluating agency but I think all of them require the school to send the transcript directly. Even if that was the case, I don't trust UI PG school to do the needful.

I salute them for getting the transcript ready in one week and sending it via courier immediately. Since then, for 3 months now, they've been a thorn in my flesh - WES sent a request (both email and standard mail) for secondary verification of result (the disadvantage of having studied in Nigeria) but UI PG School claims they didn't receive any request in my name, not even the email. How's that even possible? I called WES to confirm that they sent the request and they said YES. If you ask me, I believe WES not UI. I'm caught in between now. I've had to pay an extra 78 CAD for courier to fast track the process. I'm still waiting.

So, please, don't rely on UI's mailing system - it's unreliable.

You should have used ICES. ICES doesn't require secondary anything and it is 5 weeks to completion. It suits those with masters only best. Or any other persons who don't want O'level and degree verification wahala.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 8:51am On Nov 02, 2018
D4eva:
First post here.
I’ve been a silent follower of this forum/thread for a long time and thanks to you guys for the contributions here.
I’ve mulled the idea of Canadian PR since July 2016 and took the decision to try in April 2018.
Fast forward to November 2018 and I have the desired IELTS score with WES ECA in progress. Yes, I’m caught up in the WAEC wahala; guess I was blinded by the 20 working days WES ECA as opposed to the longer ICES.
Lastly, IELTS writing seems to be a thorn in the flesh-I can offer a second opinion on your essay, especially on task achievement and grammar criteria. Btw, I no be English/writing expert o.
Goodluck!
5 weeks to completion and dispatching is better than what WES and schools are doing.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 8:53am On Nov 02, 2018
PEOPLE, USE ICES OR IQAS IF YOU MUSTN'T USE WES!

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by wasseynewest: 8:54am On Nov 02, 2018
God bless u for this Scenario 2 explanation.
vickyehi:

Spending from gift deed is relative.
Scenario 1
You got 70% gift for POF and you "spent" the 70% after u submitted your documents. Then when asked in ADR u "returned" the "spent" money and printed another statement, that my friend would get you a denial.

Scenario 2
You got same 70% gift and you spent 5% and replaced it ( note the deposit mustn't be one that would qualify as a bulk payment. Meaning if your account is used to a maximum of 50k deposits, receiving 1m in a day will raise every alarm from Accra to Ottawa) under the right circumstance it wont ge a problem.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by wasseynewest: 8:57am On Nov 02, 2018
Super congrats & all the best!!!!
bigdeoye:
IT IS WELL:: I have never seen a test that can make a man over humble like IELTS.
I have been reading pple's testimonies and wondering wen i will eventually share mine.

1st IEST RESULT WITH BC: 6.0,5.0,6.5,7.5 LRWS ON MAY 24 2018
2ND IELTS RESULT WITH MOD: 6.0,6.5,6.5,8.0 LRWS JUNE 02 2018
3RD IELTS WITH MOD: 7.0,6.5,7.0,7.5 LRWS JUNE 2018
4TH IELTS WITH BC: 9.0,6.5,6.5,6.5,6.5 LRWS JULY 2018
5TH IELTS WITH MOD 8.5,8.5,7,7.5 LRWS AUGUST.

At 1st i thought the witches in my village knew i was doing IELTS cos i kept it confidential even at work.
I just want to thank everyone for their supports. Pls to those awaiting that 8.0 band and tired of writing, pls do not give up or pause.
Keep pushing all the way cos it will surely end up in praises. I still belive that d marking scheme for for Nigerians IELTS is extremely hard but my friends, keep practicing and writing cos u will definitely get it right sooner dan u think.

my CRS was upgraded from 391 to 468 grin grin grin.
Thank you all once again for the supports.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 8:59am On Nov 02, 2018
wasseynewest:
Super congrats & all the best!!!!
This one you are just digging up old stuff. It's like a specialty.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 9:02am On Nov 02, 2018
CanadianNaija:

This forum is for ”self help”, as in, help yourself with the information provided on the thread, to do that you'll have to actually read the thread.

Stating the truth is now deemed inappropriate, I'm sorry that I haven't yet drank the political correctness kool aid.

And they will always conclude with: we are here to help each other or we will meet in Canada. These sound like APC scoping.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by clefkelly(m): 9:06am On Nov 02, 2018
ontarioissauga:
PEOPLE, USE ICES OR IQAS IF YOU MUSTN'T USE WES!

Good Morning Ontarioissauga, can i use IQAS for two certificate or more (Degree plus ATS)?

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 9:09am On Nov 02, 2018
clefkelly:

Good Morning Ontarioissauga, can i use IQAS for two certificate or more (Degree plus ATS)?

Thanks.
Be the first and update us so that page 1 gets much richer.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Godisincontrol: 9:12am On Nov 02, 2018
clefkelly:

Thanks.

Visit IQAS site and decide as none of us here is an ECA body

https://www.alberta.ca/iqas-immigration-apply.aspx#toc-1

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 9:13am On Nov 02, 2018
Newmum0615:
I am leaving this thread for you grin
Don't please. But actually you may, it seems JD and NOC problems are gone. I know I'm wrong here.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by paintadvice: 9:14am On Nov 02, 2018
I want to immensely appreciate everyone that have been helpful here, it's not easy to make out time to help others in today's fast paced world. Thank you!

I have read most of the answers concerning POF, however mine is peculiar.

I have 2 questions;
1. My wife is the primary applicant (but we are traveling together) so I transferred half of the required amount from my company account to her so she can fix in her name, which letter do I need to give her?

2. We(my wife and I) opened a joint account and I had my cousin transfer the remaining half to the joint account. It's not a loan, it's my money from a transaction between us. Should I transfer the money to my corporate account then to my wife's fixed deposit or leave it in the joint account and get a letter from him stating the purpose of the money?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 9:18am On Nov 02, 2018
Godisincontrol:

Visit IQAS site and decide as none of us here is an ECA body

https://www.alberta.ca/iqas-immigration-apply.aspx#toc-1
Better. Somebody discovered ICES favors nurses without B. SN more. I would have suggested ICES to him if not the times 2 cash involved.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by xplayar: 9:19am On Nov 02, 2018
My wife used ESQ6 and got a Manitoba PNP Nomination but thats after 1 year and 6 months we have totally forgotten about it then the result came up and then other people who went through her for Job offer some are still waiting while two were asked to travel via TRV but as at last month they said they have gotten them a job within the same month we are waiting for other news from them and ESQ6 on the others
ukpc:

I'm currently using them and my job offer has been approved though my application was included under pnp and I have been asked to provide pof /landing fund which I have done. I'm still optimistic but the whole process is time consuming
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 9:22am On Nov 02, 2018
paintadvice:
I want to immensely appreciate everyone that have been helpful here, it's not easy to make out time to help others in today's fast paced world. Thank you!

I have read most of the answers concerning POF, however mine is peculiar.

I have 2 questions;
1. My wife is the primary applicant (but we are traveling together) so I transferred half of the required amount from my company account to her so she can fix in her name, which letter do I need to give her?

2. We(my wife and I) opened a joint account and I had my cousin transfer the remaining half to the joint account. It's not a loan, it's my money from a transaction between us. Should I transfer the money to my corporate account then to my wife's fixed deposit or leave it in the joint account and get a letter from him stating the purpose of the money?
If she is the PA, show documents from the banks that she has access to the cash. Gather all the transactions involving the money movements.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by CanadianNaija: 9:22am On Nov 02, 2018
ontarioissauga:

And they will always conclude with: we are here to help each other or we will meet in Canada. These sound like APC scoping.

Very tiring.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by bankyh1905(m): 9:36am On Nov 02, 2018
You're right, I should have, I never knew I had other options. I just have to see this WES to the finish line, hopefully, soon.
ontarioissauga:

You should have used ICES. ICES doesn't require secondary anything and it is 5 weeks to completion. It suits those with masters only best. Or any other persons who don't want O'level and degree verification wahala.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by SasaEnitan: 9:44am On Nov 02, 2018
You mentioned Ralph goodale. Please who is that?

Claire40:
PPR IS HERE grin grin grin

IELTS – February 1st
ITA – February 21st
AOR – March 16th
IP2- October 23rd
PPR – October 24th

First week of January, I finally decided to see what all the hullabaloo was about Canadian express entry in order to decide whether or not it will be appropriate for me. I spent the week reading up on the express entry process and reading the living in Canada thread. On the 9th of January, my journey officially started. I paid for WES and applied for transcript. About a week later, I paid for BC IELTS. It was like the heavens approved of my decision, ECA was ready 1st week of February and I did not even have to pay for transcripts as my University sent them FOC. I passed IELTS and family came through for POF making my CRS score 476. I wore my swimming trunk and took the plunge. Everything was moving smoothly. I was already planning June landing BUT London decided to teach me a lesson.

Some days after AOR, I received the dreaded “how to find a job in Canada” mail. From my GCMS notes the email coincided with the date my file was transferred to London. For 6 months, my file was gathering dust in London Visa Office. Also, my eligibility changed from met to not met when it was sent to London. After 6 months, I raised a CSE and was informed that my file had been transferred to Kyiv, Ukraine. In October, I sent a mail to Ralph Goodale and he responded that my eligibility had passed. Shortly afterwards, I moved to NA2, then IP2 and finally received the long awaited PPR.

Throughout this journey, I experienced so many emotions; joy, sadness, hope, euphoria, dejection etc. It was an emotional tasking something but God has done it. Delay is not denial. It finally ended in praise.

Proof of employment – My reference letter was short, only three duties were stated on it. I sha attached payslips, letter of employment, confirmation and promotion to avoid stories that touch

POF – I thought I did everything right for this section but it was this section that sent me to London. My POF had review required on it. I know that some people with review required remain in Ottawa but the one thing almost everyone in the London whatsapp group had in common was that review was required for one or more sections.

IELTS - I stammered and stuttered during my speaking test and did not even finish the two minutes but thankfully, I still got enough points to apply

Finally Nairalanders, you guys are a fantastic bunch of people. Thanks to everyone that has helped in growing this express entry thread. It is a great source of information and was very helpful to me.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Claire40: 9:56am On Nov 02, 2018
Canada's Minister of Public Safety
SasaEnitan:

You mentioned Ralph goodale. Please who is that?

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by EyesondPrize: 9:58am On Nov 02, 2018
Lolz.. it was not a special arrangement. The date was available on their website. I actually paid last week Friday after the 0ct13th results were released. I even thought Nov 1st was on Saturday when I made payment. Thank God for email reminder sent daily. My speaking test is tomorrow.

General Training.

Owlette:
How come there was a test today? Is it some sort of special arrangement? Abi is it academic u wrote?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 10:03am On Nov 02, 2018
bankyh1905:
You're right, I should have, I never knew I had other options. I just have to see this WES to the finish line, hopefully, soon.
You're almost there. My rant isn't for you now on, people should read up before committing.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by melarose: 10:06am On Nov 02, 2018
Hi, a quick one please my people. Has anyone successful gotten PPR with ICAN- ATS certificate used for 2 or more degrees? I heard issues come up post ITA coz of this,Biko help me I need clarity thank you. It’s urgent
cc: @JustinTrudeau, @safex, @ij1000, @talkingboy and everyone please.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Akpasomething: 10:13am On Nov 02, 2018
Hi guys,

After AOR, What's next?

I'm seeing we are reviewing your eligibility and We are processing your background check..

What's the expected sequence of events?

Cc ifeoma77
Smslive
Mcstan18
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 10:13am On Nov 02, 2018
EyesondPrize:
Lolz.. it was not a special arrangement. The date was available on their website. I actually paid last week Friday after the 0ct13th results were released. I even thought Nov 1st was on Saturday when I made payment. Thank God for email reminder sent daily. My speaking test is tomorrow.

General Training.

They have occasional Thursday test dates.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 10:15am On Nov 02, 2018
Akpasomething:
Hi guys,

After AOR, What's next?

I'm seeing we are reviewing your eligibility and We are processing your background check..

What's the expected sequence of events?

Cc ifeoma77
Smslive
Mcstan18
PPR.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (520) (521) (522) (523) (524) (525) (526) ... (612)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.