Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,245 members, 7,822,270 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:15 AM

Alarming | Codeine Syrup Sells At N3,500 To N4,500 In Katsina-read Full Report - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Alarming | Codeine Syrup Sells At N3,500 To N4,500 In Katsina-read Full Report (438 Views)

Drug Abuse: Slaymama Poses With Bottles Of Codeine Syrup And Milk. / BBC: 'Sweet Sweet Codeine' - Nigeria’s Deadly Cough Syrup Epidemic Documentary / "Student Dies After Taking Alcohol, Codeine, Tramadol & Marijuana" - Man Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Alarming | Codeine Syrup Sells At N3,500 To N4,500 In Katsina-read Full Report by CliqqMagazine: 10:09pm On Aug 04, 2018
CliqqMagazine:
Following the ban on Codeine cough syrup by the Nigerian government after a heart touching documentary ‘Sweet Sweet Codeine’ by BBC Africa that exposed companies involved in the business of illegal sales of codeine.

The documentary has sparked a lot of debate and agitation on both social media platforms and other media outlets across the country on how to fight the menace posed by massive consumption of the syrup.

Cliqq Magazine confirmed that the price of Codeine cough syrup has hiked to N3,500-N4, 500 per bottle in the city of Katsina (Katsina State), located in the north western part of the country. The level of its consumption according to the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency is alarming in states the like Kano & Katsina which are ranked among the top states in the country with the highest level of codeine syrup consumption.

In a chart with one of the codeine retail sellers in the state, who spoke under condition of anonymity told Cliqq Magazine that it is now difficult for them to get their daily supply of the syrup, most of their shops and houses are under surveillance by security agents according to him.
“Before I sell up to 100-200 bottles a day to mostly students and women, but my stock has finished now, there is huge demand for the syrup, my customers are willing to pay any amount to get their syrup” he lamented.
Read full report here

http://www.cliqqmagazine.com/2018/05/alarming-codeine-syrup-sells-at-N4,000.html
Following the ban on Codeine cough syrup by the Nigerian government after a heart touching documentary ‘Sweet Sweet Codeine’ by BBC Africa that exposed companies involved in the business of illegal sales of codeine.

The documentary has sparked a lot of debate and agitation on both social media platforms and other media outlets across the country on how to fight the menace posed by massive consumption of the syrup.

Cliqq Magazine confirmed that the price of Codeine cough syrup has hiked to N3,500-N4, 500 per bottle in the city of Katsina (Katsina State), located in the north western part of the country. The level of its consumption according to the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency is alarming in states the like Kano & Katsina which are ranked among the top states in the country with the highest level of codeine syrup consumption.

In a chart with one of the codeine retail sellers in the state, who spoke under condition of anonymity told Cliqq Magazine that it is now difficult for them to get their daily supply of the syrup, most of their shops and houses are under surveillance by security agents according to him.
“Before I sell up to 100-200 bottles a day to mostly students and women, but my stock has finished now, there is huge demand for the syrup, my customers are willing to pay any amount to get their syrup” he lamented.
Read full report here

http://www.cliqqmagazine.com/2018/05/alarming-codeine-syrup-sells-at-N4000.html

Re: Alarming | Codeine Syrup Sells At N3,500 To N4,500 In Katsina-read Full Report by Asquare84(m): 10:12pm On Aug 04, 2018
That good news
Re: Alarming | Codeine Syrup Sells At N3,500 To N4,500 In Katsina-read Full Report by Obainoneandonly(m): 10:45pm On Aug 04, 2018
the ban will only favour the marketers...demand will always be high,since they are so many people addicted to it
Re: Alarming | Codeine Syrup Sells At N3,500 To N4,500 In Katsina-read Full Report by Yeligray(m): 10:58pm On Aug 04, 2018
All na business strategy

1 Like

Re: Alarming | Codeine Syrup Sells At N3,500 To N4,500 In Katsina-read Full Report by Nobody: 5:57pm On Aug 06, 2018
All this increas of price that they are doing will only end up increasing the rate of crime because alot of people will be willing to steal and even kill just to get the money to buy codeine.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Reason Why Mosquitoes Bite Some People More Than Others / I'm free / How To Look Beautiful Without Makeup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.