Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,356 members, 7,815,756 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:44 PM

Anambra State, Declare State Of Emergency & Give Idp Status - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra State, Declare State Of Emergency & Give Idp Status (2734 Views)

Senate Asks FG To Declare State Of Emergency On Federal Roads / Enugu Youths To Ugwuanyi: "Declare State Of Emergency In Awgu Over Security Sabo / Zamfara : Buhari Wants To Declare State Of Emergency To Stop Election - Fayose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anambra State, Declare State Of Emergency & Give Idp Status by BabaRamota1980: 6:40am On Aug 05, 2018
My good fellow Nigerians, we'd hate to wake one day and Anambra and its people are dissapeared. This is serious!

The ground is about to cave in, I fear for my people.

Buhari please rescue my kit and kin of Anambra. FG declare State of Emergency and release funds to evacuate residents out of the State into neighbouring States.

Issue an IDP Status so development and humanitarian rescue efforts and intervention funds from IMF and UN can flow in.

This is more urgent than election right now. If my people are swallowed by this gully the International Community must hold FG responsible.

Chei Jeezus dont let my people perish o! We need rescuers in Anambra right now! angry

Helep us in Anambra o!

The Federal High Court, Awka is under serious gully erosion threat and at the verge of imminent collapse, newsmen report.

Newsmen who visited the complex on Friday reports that parts of the property had already caved into the gaping gully.

Some of the parts that have been lost to erosion include the perimeter fence, generator house, the original site for electricity and tarred road leading to Judges’ Quarters.

Federal High Court Complex, Awka, under erosion threat.
Other are the Boys Quarters for servants and house helps in the Judges’ Quarters, the water supply borehole and the part of the entrance to the Court complex.

Mrs Blessing Egbuche, a staff of the Federal High Court, told newsmen that they no longer felt safe working under the prevailing circumstance.

Egbuche said no part of the complex is safe now as each rainfall reduces the integrity of the buildings which already had visible cracks due to underground vibrations.

She said electricity and water supplies were no longer available as they could no longer use the borehole and the transformer had been dismantled.

Egbuche said they had cried to the Anambra Government and the Nigeria Erosion Watershed Management Project (NEWMAP) and had not received any assistance after they had visited severally.

“We no longer feel safe and happy working here, the staff, the lawyers and judges can no longer use the convenience because there is no water, so that has resulted in the messing up of the whole place.

“There is no light in the complex, maybe there is electricity supply but our transformer has been disconnected because erosion was swallowing it up and we had to call EEDC to come and remove it.

“The borehole has collapsed, our 20,000 capacity water tank is there but we have emptied it to prevent it from going down into the gully soon,’’ she told newsmen full of lamentation.

“Now, the staff members tell you that they want to ease themselves outside the gate and leave from there, you cannot monitor them again.

The building is at the risk of collapse, we are not safe here anymore, we need urgent assistance to prevent this disaster,’’ she said.

Also, Mrs May Esealuka, Deputy Chief Registrar in the Court, lamented the possible loss of the multi-million naira complex to gully erosion.

Esealuka told newsmen that all efforts to get the Anambra Government and Ministry of Environment to intervene in the problem since it started were futile.

According to her, we have sent letters to Anambra Government in November last year and all the people and agencies that matter in Anambra, including NEWMAP came and saw things for themselves.

“What is happening here is sad, every moment my heart jumps that the worst will happen; there is no road to the Judges Quarters anymore.

“For the past six months, we did not have light, no water supply, we have moved our generators to a safer side because the generator house has collapsed.

“Since this thing started, nothing has been done to save it, NEWMAP at a time said I should call people at the top for release of funds, but am I supposed to talk, if not the people on ground.

“We have been writing letters and making calls that some of them no longer pick my calls, we are begging whoever is in charge to save us, the media should help us to shout so that they can help us,’’ she said.

Newsmen report that it is not only the Federal High Court Complex that is at risk as the erosion is just few metres away from the Federal Secretariat still under construction.

Some structures in the abandoned Three Arms Zone along Ekwueme Square have also been swalowed by the menace.

Responding to the situation, Mr Emeka Achebe, Head of Communications in NEWMAP, said the World Bank Technical Team have visited the site and appreciated the enormity of Danger.

Achebe said a special intervention plan known as “Gully Rapid Action and Slope Stabilisation (GRASS), has been approved for the site.

According to him this will control damage and immediate threat to houses and other critical infrastructure, adding that remedial works will begin before the end of August.

“GRASS has been approved by the World Bank for Ekwueme Square and activities will commence before end of month,’’ he said.

http://news.bestnaira.com/posts/view/erosion-federal-high-court-awka-faces-imminent-collapse

1 Like

Re: Anambra State, Declare State Of Emergency & Give Idp Status by BabaRamota1980: 4:02pm On Aug 06, 2018
Na wah

1 Like

Re: Anambra State, Declare State Of Emergency & Give Idp Status by Nobody: 4:06pm On Aug 06, 2018
You too old for this...

Maybe u looking for comments....

Mtcheew.....am out.

8 Likes

Re: Anambra State, Declare State Of Emergency & Give Idp Status by BabaRamota1980: 4:59pm On Aug 06, 2018
Juliusmalema:
You too old for this...

Mtcheew.....am out.

Looking for comments ke, abi bringing your reality face to face with you.

Is this not a legit way to kick start SE Development Commission, when you have a true human tragedy that everyone can relate with?

Those houses on both side of streets are at risk of collapse. This is the same story all over.

If its a pot holed road in Lagos your whole autonomous village will perch on the thread....but see as you avoid imminent danger in your land and dismiss as looking for comments. grin

2yrs ago was Ekwueme looking for comments when he cried to FG to save his ancestral home from gully?
FG responded and built erosion mitigation channels but the followin year even the solution put in place to control gully was washed into the abyss when rain came down.

I pity you

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra State, Declare State Of Emergency & Give Idp Status by chichar1(f): 5:03pm On Aug 06, 2018
op you are not serious at all!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Anambra State, Declare State Of Emergency & Give Idp Status by Eledan: 5:19pm On Aug 06, 2018
Chukwu okike abiama is angry grin

Those rows of houses on both sides of the road are completely endangered

2 Likes

Re: Anambra State, Declare State Of Emergency & Give Idp Status by Nobody: 5:34pm On Aug 06, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

Is this not a legit way to kick start SE Development Commission, when you have a true human tragedy that everyone can relate with?

Those houses on both side of streets are at risk of collapse. This is the same story all over.

If its a pot holed road in Lagos your whole autonomous village will perch on the thread....but see as you avoid imminent danger in your land and dismiss as looking for comments. grin

2yrs ago was Ekwueme looking for comments when he cried to FG to save his ancestral home from gully?
FG responded and built erosion mitigation channels but the followin year even the solution put in place to control gully was washed into the abyss when rain came down.

I pity you

U typed this for a reply....imagine......mtcheew.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra State, Declare State Of Emergency & Give Idp Status by wowcatty: 6:07pm On Aug 06, 2018
This is an example of covering Igbos leprosy and minding Yoruba's pimples.

Common gutters to channel drainage, the self acclaimed world developers can't construct, all waste water goes back into the ground and now going to sweep them away.

I even saw in another thread how Igbos are literally fishing their people out of erosion water with fishing rods.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra State, Declare State Of Emergency & Give Idp Status by Fatherofdragons: 7:03pm On Aug 06, 2018
wowcatty:

Common gutters to channel drainage, the self acclaimed world developers can't construct, all waste water goes back into the ground and now going to sweep them away.

I even saw in another thread how Igbos are literally fishing their people out of erosion water with fishing rods.

Yoro stop been a hypocrite.

Erosion also occur in the South West

Again yoro stop been a hypocrite.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/01/erosion-renders-20-families-homeless-in-ogun/

http://www.osundefender.com/osun-5-other-states-get-n5-7billion-erosion-control-fund/

http://www.nta.ng/news/infrastructure/20171108-six-states-benefit-from-the-fg-approved-n5-5bn-for-erosion-control/

yoroooooo yoroooooo, stop the hypocrisy yoroooooo

yoroooooo yoroooooo, stop the propaganda yoroooooo. ina nu?

https://www.environewsnigeria.com/ondo-wants-government-to-save-coastal-communities-from-surge-erosion/

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra State, Declare State Of Emergency & Give Idp Status by lezan(m): 8:49pm On Aug 06, 2018
This is serious o... we are still one Nigeria. I hope the authority of this nation will do something and something urgently...By now we should have a #tag trending...This is a bipartisan call!!! Enough of playing ethnicity...It is now The president can truly prove to Igbos he meant well...

4 Likes

Re: Anambra State, Declare State Of Emergency & Give Idp Status by Eledan: 8:53pm On Aug 06, 2018
Fatherofdragons:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/01/erosion-renders-20-families-homeless-in-ogun/

http://www.osundefender.com/osun-5-other-states-get-n5-7billion-erosion-control-fund/

http://www.nta.ng/news/infrastructure/20171108-six-states-benefit-from-the-fg-approved-n5-5bn-for-erosion-control/

https://www.environewsnigeria.com/ondo-wants-government-to-save-coastal-communities-from-surge-erosion/

You want to compare this your epidemic with what happens in the SW?

The problem with you Ibos is the penchant to always try to compare and measure up to the yorubas

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra State, Declare State Of Emergency & Give Idp Status by Fatherofdragons: 8:57pm On Aug 06, 2018
Eledan:

The problem with you Ibos is the penchant to always try to compare and measure up to the yorubas

oga stop been a bloody hypocrite and focus on ur erosion ridden south was*te

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra State, Declare State Of Emergency & Give Idp Status by Fatherofdragons: 8:57pm On Aug 06, 2018
Eledan:

oga stop been a bloody hypocrite and focus on ur erosion ridden south was*te

don't let envy and hate eat u yoro.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra State, Declare State Of Emergency & Give Idp Status by NothingDoMe: 9:54pm On Aug 06, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

If its a pot holed road in Lagos[b] your whole autonomous village[/b] will perch on the thread....but see as you avoid imminent danger in your land and dismiss as looking for comments. grin

I pity you
It appears your posts are much smarter. That way they won't get hidden.

1 Like

Re: Anambra State, Declare State Of Emergency & Give Idp Status by Nobody: 11:02pm On Aug 06, 2018
We pray something is done soon

2 Likes

Re: Anambra State, Declare State Of Emergency & Give Idp Status by BabaRamota1980: 11:07pm On Aug 06, 2018
wowcatty:

Iboland is not meant for development. If you break ground to sink concrete for an infrastructure it will deplete the soil integrity and aggravate fault lines in the ground. Then when it rains the fault lines crack open and swallow surface objects.

If we build bridges across Iboland like you have in SW the whole biafraland will by now be in the abyss. You cant do that. The best approach is not to develop Iboland at all.

Any development meant for yanminri should be taken to SS and used to develop SS and Ibos can cross to SS and enjoy their infrastructure there. This is best for humanitarian cause so we do not completely loose alaibo to the abyss.

You are correct, they will have to start fishing people out of the gully soon when a whole street and its occupants are dumped into the red mud. Chineke God! Come and save your children. grin

3 Likes

Re: Anambra State, Declare State Of Emergency & Give Idp Status by uba1991: 11:21pm On Aug 06, 2018
see how d pigs avoid dis thread that is of help to them,they prefer to comment on a tread abt fulani,saraki, and tambuwal who are not from dia region.PIGS DONT LIKE THEMSELVES. FACT

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra State, Declare State Of Emergency & Give Idp Status by Nobody: 12:26am On Aug 07, 2018
Juliusmalema:
You too old for this...
Mtcheew.....am out.
anambra is the worst place to live on earth and its people are the most backward

3 Likes

Re: Anambra State, Declare State Of Emergency & Give Idp Status by Fatherofdragons: 1:13am On Aug 07, 2018
Enuguboy4nsk:

anambra is the worst place to live on earth and its people are the most backward

Look at this one, this one went as far as opening another useless thread.

hypocritical yoros

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra State, Declare State Of Emergency & Give Idp Status by Fatherofdragons: 1:19am On Aug 07, 2018
This same yoro idiot wey no get handwork, always obsessing about igbos all the time.

TUFIAKWA

e me di gi i fa e me? (them do u this thing?)

eeehhhhh? za kene m ( eeehhhhh answer me)

Babaidiota don't die of igbo envy and hate, it's not a good way to go ina nu? (u hear?)

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra State, Declare State Of Emergency & Give Idp Status by Corrinthians(m): 1:43am On Aug 07, 2018
Oh my goodness! embarassed embarassed

This is a major disaster waiting to happen. The FG ought to move fast before it is too late. It seems the soil in that area is too loose. embarassed
Re: Anambra State, Declare State Of Emergency & Give Idp Status by Corrinthians(m): 1:47am On Aug 07, 2018
modelmike7:
We pray something is done soon
Honestly. These are people in distress and I'm disappointed instead of sympathising with them, they're rather being mocked. We really need to check our behavior on this forum.
Re: Anambra State, Declare State Of Emergency & Give Idp Status by wowcatty: 2:51am On Aug 07, 2018
Haha!
BabaRamota1980:

Iboland is not meant for development. If you break ground to sink concrete for an infrastructure it will deplete the soil integrity and aggravate fault lines in the ground. Then when it rains the fault lines crack open and swallow surface objects.

If we build bridges across Iboland like you have in SW the whole biafraland will by now be in the abyss. You cant do that. The best approach is not to develop Iboland at all.

Any development meant for yanminri should be taken to SS and used to develop SS and Ibos can cross to SS and enjoy their infrastructure there. This is best for humanitarian cause so we do not completely loose alaibo to the abyss.

You are correct, they will have to start fishing people out of the gully soon when a whole street and its occupants are dumped into the red mud. Chineke God! Come and save your children. grin
Re: Anambra State, Declare State Of Emergency & Give Idp Status by wowcatty: 3:21am On Aug 07, 2018
Erosion actually happens everywhere but what makes your case different is that yours is negligence, a man-made disaster waiting to happen.

You Igbos have all kinds of problems facing you as a people but you won't mind them, your eyes are on Yoruba. If only you can use the time and energy you exhaust on Yoruba to chart a way out of the erosion that's about to push you back to Cameroon where you came from.

Yoruba don't have erosion threat of this magnitude, just a few sink holes here and there.

You already know you have erosion problem and still not making drainages. You claim to be developing the world yet you can't develop your land.

It becomes my business when you are looking to get my money to fix your problem as you are already screaming for the Fg to come to your rescue when you have a governor.

Keep screaming Yoruba, at least your cry is not going to waste, we are giving you reason to this time.

Fatherofdragons:

3 Likes

Re: Anambra State, Declare State Of Emergency & Give Idp Status by wowcatty: 3:31am On Aug 07, 2018
Hypocrite, if this is "being mocked" what then do you call what Igbos said to Benue people and others about the genocide going in the middle belt? You guys have no hearts I swear!
Corrinthians:
Honestly. These are people in distress and I'm disappointed instead of sympathising with them, they're rather being mocked. We really need to check our behavior on this forum.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra State, Declare State Of Emergency & Give Idp Status by chichar1(f): 4:40am On Aug 07, 2018
wowcatty:
Hypocrite, if this is "being mocked" what then do you call what Igbos said to Benue people and others about the genocide going in the middle belt? You guys have no hearts I swear!
ogbeni shut up!!!!!!!!! what do you know about anambra state? the incident that happened three weeks ago,due to bad work been done by a local firm handling the road project, so mind your business in ijebu ode and leave anambra alone

2 Likes

Re: Anambra State, Declare State Of Emergency & Give Idp Status by chichar1(f): 4:42am On Aug 07, 2018
Enuguboy4nsk:

madman anthem!!!!!!!
Re: Anambra State, Declare State Of Emergency & Give Idp Status by BabaRamota1980: 4:43am On Aug 07, 2018
Fatherofdragons:
This same yoro idiot wey no get handwork, always obsessing about igbos all the time.

TUFIAKWA

e me di gi i fa e me? (them do u this thing?)

eeehhhhh? za kene m ( eeehhhhh answer me)

Babaidiota don't die of igbo envy and hate, it's not a good way to go ina nu? (u hear?)

Envy ke, na wetin you get to give me envy? If you turn these gullies into tourist attraction and generate IGR for Obiano, ehn eeehhn...de envy go enter ma body gaan. But dis one wey Emeka sleep inside house for night but daybreak we no see house no see Emeka. Na this one person go envy?

2 Likes

Re: Anambra State, Declare State Of Emergency & Give Idp Status by Nobody: 6:15am On Aug 07, 2018
Enuguboy4nsk:

Lolzzzzzzz

I don't reply ignorance and hate
Good morning.
Re: Anambra State, Declare State Of Emergency & Give Idp Status by Nobody: 6:23am On Aug 07, 2018
Fatherofdragons:

Look at this one, this one went as far as opening another useless thread.

hypocritical yoros

Noo just leave him biko
Don't argue or curse him.... he is angry and have been looking for a way to spite me.......

What he is doing is out of anger and frustration based on my earlier thread...........so understand

Just treat him like a senior brother u are to him........

And as for the he is only looking for comments or whom to argue.....so I like the way he was ignored of his stupidity...thank u and Good morning.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra State, Declare State Of Emergency & Give Idp Status by Chri08102702694: 6:24am On Aug 07, 2018
Enuguboy4nsk:

enugu is the worst place to live on earth and its people are the most backward

enugu state is the worst place for even animals to live not to talk of humans. i am from enugu state precisely nsukka. i know my state very well
Re: Anambra State, Declare State Of Emergency & Give Idp Status by Corrinthians(m): 6:41am On Aug 07, 2018
wowcatty:
Calm down. I am not an Igbo man. Sincerely, I have said for worse things about them on the forum and of course they were in retaliation over what I perceived as their verbal attack against my own people. Check my timeline for confirmation.

But after a long ban and I came back, i did some soul searching and realise that all that ethnic bashing and hatred would do no one no good. Check am na.

Let's learn to love and accommodate one another please my people. Let love lead the way.

Make una take am easy abeg. We can't continue to hate One another like this. It just isn't right.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Do Most Igbos Passionately Dislike Buhari? / Nigerians Tried To Seek Asylum & Get Papers As An IPOB Member In Many Countries / Compilation Of Nnamdi Kanu's Hate Speeches

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.