Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,520 members, 7,823,233 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:17 AM

My Experience On Tithe Issue: Don't Be Deceived - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Experience On Tithe Issue: Don't Be Deceived (866 Views)

Beauty Can Be Deceptive; Don't Be Deceived / Catholic Church Doesn’t Run On Tithe– Cardinal Okogie Fires Back At Gov. Bello / Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience On Tithe Issue: Don't Be Deceived by onlynaija: 9:20pm On Aug 05, 2018
I have been an staunch believer that every Word of God is true and must be guided. I also understand what Jesus has done and has ushered us into grace. I have been a tithe payer while I was still a Secondary School student and has seen what God can do out of true commitment to His will.

My story

On October 1, 2012 been Monday which happened to be the 52nd Independence anniversary of my Country, Nigeria. I was on my way out when a brother saw me and gave me N1000 only. With joy I accepted it since it was a gift not minding the amount, and made up my mind to give more than 10% of it as usual since I usually give more than 10% as tithe. Though the amount will still be small for me to give as tithe by Sun, Oct 7,2012. I decided to hold it until I add more to it than giving such a small amount. This is all happening within my heart since I never shared it with any one.
On Sat night,prior to the Sun I ought to have given the tithe, been Oct 6th,2012 I slept. I was in a revelation and behold, the last Trumpet sounded ( The Rapture), and I did not make it. This is now Sun morning and I searched through my heart to know what could have hindered me, but I found nothing. The Rapture then took place on Sun evening after I had gone to Church without paying the Tithe in the revelation. Then, a voice came from heaven and said that I did not pay my Tithe. I shouted, Lord, You knew that I never wanted to eat the tithe but will be bringing more than it. The Lord said, I did not pay my Tithe. I said again, I wanted to give more, but He said Tithe. He wants me to bring the Tithe first as at when due not in my own time, and not minding what percentage I give that is above Tithe, that I must satisfy the minimum requirement first. He also mentioned that my evangelism life was low.
The tribulation started and loo, it was not easy to go through it. There was one elderly one by my side which I encouraged never to take the mark. It is real. But, towards the end, I did not take it, and they three an arrow towards my heart for the first two times which did not touch me. Then, as soon as the third attempt pierced my heart and blood gushed, a chariot from heaven with a glorious song which I could not remember came and carried me. As I waked, it was after four on Sun morning, been Oct 7th,2012 and I was crying for God's mercies when it was a warning. I went to Church and paid it.
My opinion
Will you because of a mere mortal lose your soul in hell who said that Tithe is not for present age. You have nothing to lose if you pay and God said at the end, you did well for paying even though I don't expect it from you, but you have everything to lose since God requires Tithe from His children. Don't be deceived by saying this or that doesn't pay tithe but is rich, everyone will answer for there soul. All those who don't tithe will miss the rapture. Be warned.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience On Tithe Issue: Don't Be Deceived by segmond(m): 9:22pm On Aug 05, 2018
This one has been brainwashed to the point that he thinks his imaginary god need his money b4 he can be welcome to his imaginary heaven. Continue.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience On Tithe Issue: Don't Be Deceived by brodalikeme(m): 9:24pm On Aug 05, 2018
God mark of holiness is so high, it only takes grace to achieve it. In my small Christian journey, direction and obedience is key/critical. God help us!!!

1 Like

Re: My Experience On Tithe Issue: Don't Be Deceived by onlynaija: 9:33pm On Aug 05, 2018
Doers of the Word is all He needs.
Re: My Experience On Tithe Issue: Don't Be Deceived by ichuka(m): 11:15pm On Aug 05, 2018
Lol

1 Like

Re: My Experience On Tithe Issue: Don't Be Deceived by sKeetz(m): 4:35am On Aug 06, 2018
What are you smoking brother ?!?

2 Likes

Re: My Experience On Tithe Issue: Don't Be Deceived by onlynaija: 4:51am On Aug 06, 2018
You can read through I Core 1:26-28.
Re: My Experience On Tithe Issue: Don't Be Deceived by paxonel(m): 7:01am On Aug 06, 2018
Tithe is thief thief in churches by pastors don't be deceived .

Op, your story na monkey story without scriptural basis who you dey warn?

1 Like

Re: My Experience On Tithe Issue: Don't Be Deceived by enilove(m): 8:31am On Aug 06, 2018
onlynaija:
I have been an staunch believer that every Word of God is true and must be guided. I also understand what Jesus has done and has ushered us into grace. I have been a tithe payer while I was still a Secondary School student and has seen what God can do out of true commitment to His will.

My story

On October 1, 2012 been Monday which happened to be the 52nd Independence anniversary of my Country, Nigeria. I was on my way out when a brother saw me and gave me N1000 only. With joy I accepted it since it was a gift not minding the amount, and made up my mind to give more than 10% of it as usual since I usually give more than 10% as tithe. Though the amount will still be small for me to give as tithe by Sun, Oct 7,2012. I decided to hold it until I add more to it than giving such a small amount. This is all happening within my heart since I never shared it with any one.
On Sat night,prior to the Sun I ought to have given the tithe, been Oct 6th,2012 I slept. I was in a revelation and behold, the last Trumpet sounded ( The Rapture), and I did not make it. This is now Sun morning and I searched through my heart to know what could have hindered me, but I found nothing. The Rapture then took place on Sun evening after I had gone to Church without paying the Tithe in the revelation. Then, a voice came from heaven and said that I did not pay my Tithe. I shouted, Lord, You knew that I never wanted to eat the tithe but will be bringing more than it. The Lord said, I did not pay my Tithe. I said again, I wanted to give more, but He said Tithe. He wants me to bring the Tithe first as at when due not in my own time, and not minding what percentage I give that is above Tithe, that I must satisfy the minimum requirement first. He also mentioned that my evangelism life was low.
The tribulation started and loo, it was not easy to go through it. There was one elderly one by my side which I encouraged never to take the mark. It is real. But, towards the end, I did not take it, and they three an arrow towards my heart for the first two times which did not touch me. Then, as soon as the third attempt pierced my heart and blood gushed, a chariot from heaven with a glorious song which I could not remember came and carried me. As I waked, it was after four on Sun morning, been Oct 7th,2012 and I was crying for God's mercies when it was a warning. I went to Church and paid it.
My opinion
Will you because of a mere mortal lose your soul in hell who said that Tithe is not for present age. You have nothing to lose if you pay and God said at the end, you did well for paying even though I don't expect it from you, but you have everything to lose since God requires Tithe from His children. Don't be deceived by saying this or that doesn't pay tithe but is rich, everyone will answer for there soul. All those who don't tithe will miss the rapture. Be warned.

God bless you.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience On Tithe Issue: Don't Be Deceived by jaymichael(m): 9:14am On Aug 06, 2018
Even as I feel that tithe is a personal thing, When I wasn't paying, I couldn't afford 200k to pay for a one room apartment but when I made the decision to pay, (I must admit I am not 100% faithful in that regard) in a few years, I am not rich yet but I live in my own house, I can afford a car of over one million naira and still remain a millionaire. I don't believe non payment of tithe will throw you into hell but I believe 'blessings' is attached to sacrifice and faith.

1 Like

Re: My Experience On Tithe Issue: Don't Be Deceived by onlynaija: 10:03am On Aug 06, 2018
That is great news to hear. The blessings are endowed.

1 Like

Re: My Experience On Tithe Issue: Don't Be Deceived by OkCornel(m): 3:24pm On Aug 06, 2018
onlynaija:
That is great news to hear. The blessings are endowed.

This tithe matter is becoming hilarious...

1) Where did God request for tithe to be given in form of money?

2) Where in the bible was it mentioned that a non-Jew gave tithes?
Re: My Experience On Tithe Issue: Don't Be Deceived by onlynaija: 5:40pm On Aug 06, 2018
Why talk of Jew? Is Abraham a Jew? Gal 3:29. Excluding this, why make selection of the part of the Bible to live it? Don't be deceived.

1 Like

Re: My Experience On Tithe Issue: Don't Be Deceived by onlynaija: 5:42pm On Aug 06, 2018
Why talk of Jew? Is Abraham a Jew? Gal 3:29. Excluding this, why make selection of the part of the Bible to live it?
Re: My Experience On Tithe Issue: Don't Be Deceived by OkCornel(m): 6:01pm On Aug 06, 2018
onlynaija:
Why talk of Jew? Is Abraham a Jew? Gal 3:29. Excluding this, why make selection of the part of the Bible to live it? Don't be deceived.

1) How many times did Abraham tithe?
2) Did Abraham tithe out of his income?
3) Was Abraham under any law or obligation to tithe?
4) Did someone like Job (a non-Jew) tithe?
5) Did the early Christians give tithes?
6) How is it possible that non-Jews who were never under the Law....are now mandated to tithe?
7) Is there anywhere in the Bible God asked for tithes to be paid in form of money?

8.) How about 2nd Corinthians 9 v 7?
Each one must give as he has decided in his heart, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.

I'm wondering how tithes is now connected to making Heaven or Hell...
Re: My Experience On Tithe Issue: Don't Be Deceived by malvisguy212: 10:35pm On Aug 06, 2018
paxonel:
Tithe is thief thief in churches by pastors don't be deceived .

Op, your story na monkey story without scriptural basis who you dey warn?
are you an atheist ? there is nothing wrong in paying tithe, and not paying tithe is not a sin either.
Re: My Experience On Tithe Issue: Don't Be Deceived by paxonel(m): 11:49am On Aug 07, 2018
malvisguy212:
are you an atheist ? there is nothing wrong in paying tithe, and not paying tithe is not a sin either.
there is nothing wrong in giving to the church,
But paying a compulsory 10% on regular basis in the name of tithing is fraudulent to the new covenant.

It was a old covenant thing
Re: My Experience On Tithe Issue: Don't Be Deceived by Amberon11: 12:42pm On Aug 07, 2018
Wow nice revelation.
Re: My Experience On Tithe Issue: Don't Be Deceived by Amberon11: 12:51pm On Aug 07, 2018
I don't understand the problem with Nigerian atheists. If our God is imaginary how does that concern you? If we are paying tithe is it with your money? So why exactly are you guys this pained and losing sleep over a God you claim is imaginary? Receive sense!
segmond:
This one has been brainwashed to the point that he thinks his imaginary god need his money b4 he can be welcome to his imaginary heaven. Continue.
Re: My Experience On Tithe Issue: Don't Be Deceived by Amberon11: 12:55pm On Aug 07, 2018
Not paying tithe is a sin. God said we Rob him by our offerings and tithes. Now ask yourself is robbery against God a sin?
malvisguy212:
Re: My Experience On Tithe Issue: Don't Be Deceived by OkCornel(m): 2:05pm On Aug 07, 2018
Amberon11:
Not paying tithe is a sin. God said we Rob him by our offerings and tithes. Now ask yourself is robbery against God a sin?

1) Where did God ask for tithes to be paid in form of money?

2) Were you ever under the Law of the Old Covenant that makes it compulsory for you to tithe?

3) Can you give examples of non-Jews that gave tithes in the Bible?
Re: My Experience On Tithe Issue: Don't Be Deceived by Amberon11: 2:26pm On Aug 07, 2018
1. I don't remember saying that tithes must be paid in form of money.

2.excuse you, the issue of tithes is very clear and anyone who chooses not to comply is on their own.

3. God doesn't give different laws for different people. God's commandment is for all.
OkCornel:

1) Where did God ask for tithes to be paid in form of money?

2) Were you ever under the Law of the Old Covenant that makes it compulsory for you to tithe?

3) Can you give examples of non-Jews that gave tithes in the Bible?

Re: My Experience On Tithe Issue: Don't Be Deceived by OkCornel(m): 3:13pm On Aug 07, 2018
Amberon11:

2.excuse you, the issue of tithes is very clear and anyone who chooses not to comply is on their own.

3. God doesn't give different laws for different people. God's commandment is for all.

1) The point I am making here is TITHE WAS NEVER MONETARY to start with, so where did Churches of today get the revelation to collect tithes in form of money?

2) Please tell us how the Old Covenant which were for the Jews alone also applies to non-Jews since you mentioned God's commandment is FOR ALL...

3) It would also be nice to know why these commandments are not adhered to by Christians since it is also from God

Deutoronomy 22 v 11-12;
11"You shall not wear a material mixed of wool and linen together.
12"You shall make yourself tassels on the four corners of your garment with which you cover yourself.…

Leviticus 19:19
'You are to keep My statutes. You shall not breed together two kinds of your cattle; you shall not sow your field with two kinds of seed, nor wear a garment upon you of two kinds of material mixed together.

IF YOU LOVE GOD SO MUCH, ARE YOU ALSO ADHERING TO THESE LAWS such as making tassels on the four corners of your garments? If no, what could be your reason?
Re: My Experience On Tithe Issue: Don't Be Deceived by CHARLOE(m): 3:22pm On Aug 07, 2018
Amberon11:

Don't mind dem, plz continue wit ur delusion, abi is it their delusion? After all, if maga no fall how pastors go chop?
Re: My Experience On Tithe Issue: Don't Be Deceived by Amberon11: 6:50pm On Aug 07, 2018
You have no right to demean my beliefs oga. Is it your money ? Why are you crying more than the bereaved?
CHARLOE:

Don't mind dem, plz continue wit ur delusion, abi is it their delusion? After all, if maga no fall how pastors go chop?
Re: My Experience On Tithe Issue: Don't Be Deceived by Nobody: 8:50pm On Aug 07, 2018
onlynaija:

My story

My opinion
BE WARNED! You're not a Christian Sir, the TITHE came with a LAW covenant between God and the nation of Israel,the mediator is Moses and anyone born Israelite must live by the covenant. Exodus 19:1-6 The nation betrayed the covenant so God made ANOTHER covenant with FAITHFUL Israelites so the former covenant is thereby NOTIFIED! Jeremiah 31:31-34 The mediator of the new covenant is Jesus and He has redeemed whoever believes in Him from any curse that comes along with the former covenant, that's why His followers no more pay tithes as many has been called to become SPIRITUAL ISRAELITES through the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ and so we true Christians are NO LONGER UNDER THE LAW GIVEN TO MOSES! Matthew 23:23 Romans 10:1-4, Hebrew 7:5-12 When Christians in Galatia were going back to study the law from the Jewish Rabbis so that they can practice what is in it,Apostle Paul labelled them as FOOLISH or SENSELESS Galatians. Because once you're a Christian, you're much more righteous in God's sight than whoever lived by the laws. READ Galatians 3:1-29 John the Baptist lived and taught people to repent (turn back from their sinful ways) and live by the LAW because that's what will help them to IDENTIFY the Messiah! Matthew 3:1-3 But because John never lived as a Christian,Jesus said concerning him(John) and all those who lived before him "i'm telling you that of all those born by women, there is NONE that has risen that is greater than John the Baptist. Whereas the least(smallest) in the Kingdom of the heavens (Christians) is greater than John" Matthew 11:11 So don't cling unto what is unchristian due to experiences that a mere pagan can also relate similar things to backup his paganism, whoever is compelling you to pay tithe is dragging you back! They will ONLY qoute the Bible book of Malachi to you,whereas Malachi was addressing unfaithful Israelites NOT FOLLOWERS OF JESUS! Take good care of yourself!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Apostolic Nuncio Visit Diocese Of Maiduguri / Around Our Hearts / The True Meaning Of Speaking In Tongues As Revealed By The Bible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.