Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,611 members, 7,820,173 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:53 AM

I Initiated Abuja-kaduna Rail Project – Makarfi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Initiated Abuja-kaduna Rail Project – Makarfi (613 Views)

Nigerian Engineers Repair The Damaged Section Of The Abuja-Kaduna Rail Track / Reno Omokri: Why I Initiated #HarassBuhariOutOfLondon Protest / Olufemi Aduwo Replies Adoke: I Initiated Tinubu’s Trial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Initiated Abuja-kaduna Rail Project – Makarfi by isahrabson: 10:10pm On Aug 05, 2018
I initiated Abuja-Kaduna rail project – Makarfi
A Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) presidential aspirant, Senator Ahmed Makarfi, had claimed that he played a critical role in the initiation of the Abuja -Kaduna section of the railway project.
The former Governor of Kaduna state made the claim during an interactive session with journalists at the weekend in Minna.

The project which was handled by the China Civil Engineering Corporation (CECC) was conceived by the President Olusegun Obasanjo administration, while the track laying for the single standard gauge line was officially launched in July 2013 by President Goodluck Jonathan.
However, the project was stalled due to inadequate funding before it was eventually revived by President Muhammadu Buhari in 2015 and inaugurated in July 2016.
But Markarfi claimed as a member of the committee set up by President Obasanjo to review and revamp the entire Nigerian Railway system, he recommended the inclusion of the Abuja-Kaduna section.
"I was in that committee that President Obasanjo set up on the review of the Nigerian Railway system and how to revamp it . And before he left, he awarded the contract and because I was in that committee as a member, I recommended that Abuja rail lines should be linked to Kaduna and it was incorporated," he explained.
He said the contract was awarded by former President Obasanjo and feasibility studies were paid for by the late President Umaru Yar’adua's administration.
He said he also approved the request for $50million to finance it as the Chairman Senate Committee on Finance by Jonathan when funding to continue the project became a problem.
"I had the pleasure of approving the money when I was there and that is how you have the Kaduna-Abuja railway lines. But when they come to talk, they talked as if you know they had a hand in this," he noted.
Re: I Initiated Abuja-kaduna Rail Project – Makarfi by Ever8054: 10:26pm On Aug 05, 2018
chai...so the Abuja ,Kaduna rail project wey ipob take dey boast with Jonathan no be him initiative after all?...Makarfi why you come exposed the thing naa?...

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Initiated Abuja-kaduna Rail Project – Makarfi by amaniro: 10:29pm On Aug 05, 2018
I lived in KD during maikarafish grin tenure as governor. He tried very well I can attest to that. cool
Re: I Initiated Abuja-kaduna Rail Project – Makarfi by Kyase(m): 10:40pm On Aug 05, 2018
amaniro:
I lived in KD during maikarafish grin tenure as governor. He tried very well I can attest to that. cool
and the only thing he can be remembered for is Markafi plaza abi? Yeye

3 Likes

Re: I Initiated Abuja-kaduna Rail Project – Makarfi by amaniro: 10:42pm On Aug 05, 2018
Kyase:
and the only thing he can be remembered for is Markafi plaza abi? Yeye
see guy I don stay for KD ooh. I no sure dem don get gov way reach am except maybe sambo. I stayed there for 10yrs nobi beans ooh

1 Like

Re: I Initiated Abuja-kaduna Rail Project – Makarfi by Sirjamo: 11:21pm On Aug 05, 2018
Makarfi is the only potential PDP president I can live with.
Re: I Initiated Abuja-kaduna Rail Project – Makarfi by Kyase(m): 1:05pm On Aug 06, 2018
amaniro:

see guy I don stay for KD ooh. I no sure dem don get gov way reach am except maybe sambo. I stayed there for 10yrs nobi beans ooh
lol are you still in kd or when was the last time you visit kd

(1) (Reply)

Fuel Pumps All Shut Down In Anambra / US Embassy Gives Reason For Suspending Consular Services In Abuja / Hurricane Osinbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.