Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,807 members, 7,810,100 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:47 PM

Olufemi Aduwo Replies Adoke: I Initiated Tinubu’s Trial - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Olufemi Aduwo Replies Adoke: I Initiated Tinubu’s Trial (14998 Views)

2023: Court Okays Suit Seeking Tinubu Trial Over Alleged Perjury / Reno Omokri: Why I Initiated #HarassBuhariOutOfLondon Protest / I Initiated Abuja-kaduna Rail Project – Makarfi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Olufemi Aduwo Replies Adoke: I Initiated Tinubu’s Trial by MrGidifeed: 1:05pm On Jun 09, 2019
Olufemi Aduwo, chief executive officer of the Convention on Democratic Integrity, says he was the one that initiated the trial of Bola Tinubu, former governor of Lagos state, at the code of conduct tribunal in 2011.

Mohammed Adoke, attorney-general of the federation at the time of the trial, had told Premium Times that “a particular human rights lawyer” went around to instigate the political authorities to put Tinubu on trial.

Tinubu was arraigned before the CCT for allegedly operating foreign bank accounts, contrary to the constitution.

He was accused of operating 10 foreign accounts between 1999 and 2007 when he was governor but the tribunal struck out the case.

Adoke quoted the unnamed layer as saying: “Is this how you people are going to allow Tinubu? He has stolen Lagos blind. Is this how you are going allow him to take over Nigeria? You people should move against him.”

Although this was not thought to refer to Aduwo, he has issued a statement to counter Adoke.

“It will be recalled  that the federal  government  instituted an action against Tinubu in 2007 for violating  S.7 of the Code of Conduct  Bureau  and Tribunal  Act, Cap.56.LFN,1990, to wit operating  foreign  accounts whilst serving as the governor  of Lagos state. It was reported  by Punch newspaper of Wednesday, April 25, 2007 and many other newspapers. After the general elections, the FG  was silent about the case. Many people believed that probably the cordial relationship  between the then President, Yar’Adua and Tinubu affected  the trial,” he said.

“In August  2010, I wrote to Adoke in his capacity  as AGF  and copied  the Office  of  National  Security  Adviser; Chairman, Code of  Conduct Bureau; Chairman, Code of Conduct Tribunal; and Director General  of DSS. The receivers acknowledged the letter except  the office of Attorney  General  of the Federation. I followed up with a reminder  to AGF, Adoke and after many months of no response, I placed a full page open letter advertisement to Adoke on two National  newspapers.

“I decided to meet some PDP governors, all of them are now in APC and gave them copies  of the letter and the letter got to President  Jonathan. I was invited to Abuja on two occasions.

“The current CCT Chairman dismissed the case on flimsy excuse that Tinubu was not interrogated by CCB as demanded by law before he was arraigned. Many lawyers and a Chairman  of anti-corruption  agency told me the Tribunal  Chairman  could have discharged or referred him to the Bureau  for questioning. I learnt later that Adoke appointed  private prosecutor for CCB to handle the case and from what he said in the interview that the trial was unnecessary showed that Adoke compromised the case.

“I strongly believe that fighting corruption is collective  responsibility of all honest Nigerians. I am proud to say, I did my best without asking for reward working with ICPC, EFCC under the chairmanship of  Lamorde and the Chief of Staff  to the President Jonathan, Chief Mike Oghiadomhe on security challenge. To be responsible citizen does not entail occupying political office.”
When contacted for comments, Adoke told TheCable that he would not reply Aduwo because he does not engage in proxy war.

“Let the diminutive human rights lawyer come out boldly to contradict my claims if he is sure of himself. He should not be hiding behind one finger to attack what I said in the interview,” he said.

“Everybody in the industry knows him that he works through proxies. It is his trademark. So let him come out boldly to say he did not instigate the trial against Tinubu instead of sending his boys to defend him.

“Luckily, the people he went to are all alive and they will come out to talk at the right time. Chief Oghiadomhe is still alive and kicking. The statement attributed to Aduwo is the usual ‘voice of Jacob, hand of Esau’ style of the so-called human rights lawyer. I have a lot to reveal about him, but Nigerians should wait for my book.

“Can you believe that this same human rights lawyer came to me and asked that the court case against Nuhu Ribadu, former EFCC chairman, should not be withdrawn by President Jonathan? He said Ribadu was corrupt. He was the closest lawyer to Ribadu as EFCC chairman! He was his biggest promoter in the media! He made a U-turn to curry favour with Mrs Farida Waziri, who was the new EFCC chairman. There is a lot to say. If he is sure of himself, let him come out instead of sending Aduwo and then I will make a million other revelations that Nigerians do not know about him.”

Adoke still refused to name the lawyer, simply saying “he is a darling of the press”.

Source: https://ngg.ng/2019/06/09/activist-replies-adoke-i-was-the-one-that-initiated-tinubus-trial/

2 Likes

Re: Olufemi Aduwo Replies Adoke: I Initiated Tinubu’s Trial by Afospecialk: 1:08pm On Jun 09, 2019
They initiated but Jagaban emerged victorious.

Asiwaju is unstoppable

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Olufemi Aduwo Replies Adoke: I Initiated Tinubu’s Trial by Bethel4Life(f): 1:27pm On Jun 09, 2019
Afospecialk:

Asiwaju is unstoppable
u mean tinubu is not corrupt?

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Olufemi Aduwo Replies Adoke: I Initiated Tinubu’s Trial by 5oyad: 2:26pm On Jun 09, 2019
That diminutive lawyer must share first name with FFK, be the father of a popular musician and have a six letter surname. If you say Femi - na you sabi

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olufemi Aduwo Replies Adoke: I Initiated Tinubu’s Trial by Greatpoet(m): 2:50pm On Jun 09, 2019
smiley
Re: Olufemi Aduwo Replies Adoke: I Initiated Tinubu’s Trial by NaijaCelebrity: 3:01pm On Jun 09, 2019
true talk

Afospecialk:

Asiwaju is unstoppable

7 Likes

Re: Olufemi Aduwo Replies Adoke: I Initiated Tinubu’s Trial by obinoral1179(m): 4:26pm On Jun 09, 2019
Am thinking its Femi falana this man is talking about.......

7 Likes

Re: Olufemi Aduwo Replies Adoke: I Initiated Tinubu’s Trial by ivandragon: 4:33pm On Jun 09, 2019
the FG at the time was not interested in pursuing tinubu's case, which was why the CCT's ruling was not challenged.
Re: Olufemi Aduwo Replies Adoke: I Initiated Tinubu’s Trial by Greatpoet(m): 4:44pm On Jun 09, 2019
smiley
ivandragon:
the FG at the time was not interested in pursuing tinubu's case, which was why the CCT's ruling was not challenged.

Re: Olufemi Aduwo Replies Adoke: I Initiated Tinubu’s Trial by kemiums: 4:47pm On Jun 09, 2019
k

1 Like

Re: Olufemi Aduwo Replies Adoke: I Initiated Tinubu’s Trial by Westsida: 4:48pm On Jun 09, 2019
Bethel4Life:
u mean tinubu is not corrupt?

What’s your definition of corrupt?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olufemi Aduwo Replies Adoke: I Initiated Tinubu’s Trial by aguiyi2: 4:49pm On Jun 09, 2019
Like everything in Nigeria concerning heavyweight politicians,the trial came to naught.

1 Like

Re: Olufemi Aduwo Replies Adoke: I Initiated Tinubu’s Trial by hisexcellency34: 4:49pm On Jun 09, 2019
fake activist
Re: Olufemi Aduwo Replies Adoke: I Initiated Tinubu’s Trial by Sundaypaul12345: 4:52pm On Jun 09, 2019
So we should fry beans abi

1 Like

Re: Olufemi Aduwo Replies Adoke: I Initiated Tinubu’s Trial by banio: 4:53pm On Jun 09, 2019
Tinubu is just a lucky man. But the case can be revisited.

1 Like

Re: Olufemi Aduwo Replies Adoke: I Initiated Tinubu’s Trial by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jun 09, 2019
Let's see who the online tribal zombies channel their aggressiveness on ...my guess is the Igbos who are peacefully on their own grin cheesy

Olufemi Chukwuemeka Aduwo grin grin

Bunch of retards who don't know where is paining them cheesy

PS: does this now also mean Tinubu is a saint, because the rotten system dropped his corruption case??

Joke of a country cheesy

7 Likes

Re: Olufemi Aduwo Replies Adoke: I Initiated Tinubu’s Trial by Meritocracy: 4:55pm On Jun 09, 2019
Adoke is trying to lure tinubu to have soft landing of his pending trial. Just come back and face your case squarely

7 Likes

Re: Olufemi Aduwo Replies Adoke: I Initiated Tinubu’s Trial by EARNOLUMIDE(m): 4:57pm On Jun 09, 2019
shocked
Re: Olufemi Aduwo Replies Adoke: I Initiated Tinubu’s Trial by Sundaypaul12345: 4:58pm On Jun 09, 2019
banio:

revisit?
Re: Olufemi Aduwo Replies Adoke: I Initiated Tinubu’s Trial by jrusky(m): 4:59pm On Jun 09, 2019
This is interesting indeed how people these days are so busy about Tinubu this Tinubu that.

2 Likes

Re: Olufemi Aduwo Replies Adoke: I Initiated Tinubu’s Trial by TroubleMaker47(m): 5:01pm On Jun 09, 2019
“The current CCT Chairman dismissed the case on flimsy excuse that Tinubu was not interrogated by CCB as demanded by law before he was arraigned. Many lawyers and a Chairman of anti-corruption agency told me the Tribunal Chairman could have discharged or referred him to the Bureau for questioning.

smh. And that was how Tinubu was let off the hook!
Now the same Danladi umar has become an attack dog for Buhari and the APC

12 Likes

Re: Olufemi Aduwo Replies Adoke: I Initiated Tinubu’s Trial by Amuocha: 5:02pm On Jun 09, 2019
Great

Has anyone noticed Oando is now ENYO

Tinubu is just digressing and diverting attention..Gbajabiamala's public outcry is small. Let him.come and contest 2023. Useless politician sad

2 Likes

Re: Olufemi Aduwo Replies Adoke: I Initiated Tinubu’s Trial by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jun 09, 2019
They gathered together against the Jagaban Borgu of Africa (including the initiators villages) with the help of some PDP governors who are now Tinubu's boys, dem fall yakata. Their devices were disappointed that they couldn't perform their enterprise.

May your enemies become your errand boys....

2 Likes

Re: Olufemi Aduwo Replies Adoke: I Initiated Tinubu’s Trial by etrouble: 5:03pm On Jun 09, 2019
Afospecialk:

Asiwaju is unstoppable

Jagaban, the Nigerian Nightmare. The man that retired Goatluck Jonathan, Obasanjo, Atiku, Funsho Williams, Bode George, Peter Odilli, Donald Duke, Olagunsoye Oyinlola, Akinwunmi Ambode, Alao Akala, Ken Nnamani, Pius Ayim Pius, e.t.c.

4 Likes

Re: Olufemi Aduwo Replies Adoke: I Initiated Tinubu’s Trial by huptin(m): 5:04pm On Jun 09, 2019
The moment TInubu's trial was stopped at he CCB and GEJ did nothing about it, I stopped supporting him

5 Likes

Re: Olufemi Aduwo Replies Adoke: I Initiated Tinubu’s Trial by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jun 09, 2019
banio:

Challenge the case at the court of appeal...

Re: Olufemi Aduwo Replies Adoke: I Initiated Tinubu’s Trial by Belial06: 5:11pm On Jun 09, 2019

1 Like

Re: Olufemi Aduwo Replies Adoke: I Initiated Tinubu’s Trial by Belleful: 5:20pm On Jun 09, 2019
obinoral1179:
Am thinking its Femi falana this man is talking about.......
Same here.
Re: Olufemi Aduwo Replies Adoke: I Initiated Tinubu’s Trial by Destroyerofyeeb: 5:28pm On Jun 09, 2019
Why are you shouting?
NoSidonLook:
Let's see who the online tribal zombies channel their aggressiveness on ...my guess is the Igbos who are peacefully on their own grin cheesy

Olufemi Chukwuemeka Aduwo grin grin

Bunch of retards who don't know where is paining them cheesy

PS: does this now also mean Tinubu is a saint, because the rotten system dropped his corruption case??

Joke of a country cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Exposes Where Buhari Did His Coronavirus Broadcast In Cuba (photos) / Seun Kuti Blasts Jounalist For Twisting His Words, Says He Won't Vote Buhari / We Need Manufacturing Plants, Not Finished Products, Adeosun Tells Japan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.