Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,967 members, 7,817,841 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:57 PM

Are You A Martial Artist? - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Are You A Martial Artist? (3209 Views)

Bruce Lee Was Truly A Martial Arts Legend / Martial Artist-taekwondo,karate,judo,kung Fu,akido,westlers,boxers,... / Promoting Mixed Martial Arts In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are You A Martial Artist? by software(m): 10:43pm On Apr 11, 2007
carpenter:

@software
Are u an IT Professional?

yes carpenter, I am a cisco certified Netwk associate, I configure cisco Routers, also into development of stand alone applications and Web based applications,
Re: Are You A Martial Artist? by goodguy(m): 11:10pm On Apr 11, 2007
I'm a Modern Artist. cool

We rule! cool
Re: Are You A Martial Artist? by mukina2: 11:23pm On Apr 11, 2007
Goodguy you are crazee grin

carpenter nor mind software angry

i would love to learn taekwondo cheesy

wait o if you are involved in a big fight .how do you escape sef
Re: Are You A Martial Artist? by software(m): 12:14am On Apr 12, 2007
goodguy:

I'm a Modern Artist. cool

We rule! cool

my brother thanks for that oo. that was what i was telling Carpenter,
Re: Are You A Martial Artist? by segedoo(m): 12:23am On Apr 12, 2007
yeah.
i have a 2 degree BB in Traditional TKD Blue belt in kungfu and an orange belt in Judo.

No long thing!!
Re: Are You A Martial Artist? by 2dye4(m): 9:56am On Apr 12, 2007
@carpenter:
i think i tried "GUNK FU" in my past life, grin but i definitely subscribe to the modern method of using a PAS(Public Address System=Ak-47) grin. it stil the best defense. grin
Re: Are You A Martial Artist? by laidback(m): 10:53am On Apr 12, 2007
HOOUSSSSS! Well i practised funakoshi shotokan karate while i was in school -graduated last year- but i haven't traiined in almost two years now. i was a second brown before i retired and would love to start trainiing as soon as possible in a good Dojo. But i have recently found myself leaning towards aikido, tai chi and other seemingly subtle but very effective forms of the arts. I think people ought to realise that martial arts is far more than blows and kicks really.
Anyway, nice thread. HOOUSS!!
Re: Are You A Martial Artist? by adrian5(m): 11:52am On Apr 12, 2007
@ Viera!!

A black belt in Origami huh?
A black belt in paper folding?
Tsk tsk!
Re: Are You A Martial Artist? by kellorah: 4:07pm On Apr 12, 2007
i wish i was sad
Re: Are You A Martial Artist? by Vieira(m): 5:09pm On Apr 12, 2007
adrian5:

@ Viera!!

A black belt in Origami huh?
A black belt in paper folding?
Tsk tsk!

grin grin grin

why you dey spoil my show now??
Re: Are You A Martial Artist? by Orikinla(m): 12:47am On Apr 16, 2007
I was trained in Kung Fu and Karate by Mavie and Vitalis of the Karate Association of Nigeria.

I only use the skills for self-defence.
Re: Are You A Martial Artist? by junegirl(f): 10:16am On Apr 16, 2007
@iice
Really! Sounds interesting, but were do you learn that in Nigeria. The dojos around seem to be solely for Karate and stuff

@Carpenter

Thanks Jet Li! I'm checking out the website.

@Brymore

Did you say 5am in the morning? Whaaaat!!!!
Re: Are You A Martial Artist? by carpenter(m): 11:51am On Apr 16, 2007
I see we are all having fun! I also believe in modern arts too ( Ak-47, semi-automatic pistols, colt and the likes as I had the opportunity of attending a military school)but most martial arts also have weapons learning e.g swords, knives and darts and lots more. What is most important is trying to attain perfection in one's life: that is the 'martial' in the Arts.

I agree that resource people is also an issue, no good dojos around etc. Lets make the best out of what we can get
Re: Are You A Martial Artist? by junegirl(f): 2:44pm On Apr 16, 2007
@carpenter

Did you say military school? Sorry, no show for you again. Jet Li I can stand, but not a soldier wink
Re: Are You A Martial Artist? by carpenter(m): 2:56pm On Apr 16, 2007
Hahaha! @junegirl
Haba

It was a secondary school. Airforce Secondary School
Re: Are You A Martial Artist? by topojons(m): 11:22am On Apr 17, 2007
I am a brown belter in Taekwondo, and i love doing it, But it been some times now i trained last, Am in yaba tech,

In case u re interested in going out with a martial art guy, I am readily available, Although am married but we can still hook thigns up,
Re: Are You A Martial Artist? by opeemi1(m): 2:51pm On Apr 17, 2007
The Second Best Art of Defense after Modern Art---> Tai Shit

Suffocate Your Opponents. cool
Re: Are You A Martial Artist? by kellorah: 2:58pm On Apr 17, 2007
omg grin grin grin grin
Re: Are You A Martial Artist? by carpenter(m): 3:13pm On Apr 17, 2007
@ope_emi
we appreciate your humour

@topojons
where did you train before you stopped? Ever heard of any guy called 'Ghost'? Stick to your wifey!

@kellorah (i wish i was)
It not difficult and from your profile you reside in Uk; there are lots of good places and a wide choice of arts to choose from. Just don't think much 'bout it, walk into a school.
Re: Are You A Martial Artist? by galatico(m): 12:10pm On Apr 18, 2007
Thanks for the response. Sorry that I had to reply late cause I travelled and that has not helped me cause I did not find a place to browse but now am back I might check you guys next week Saturday.
Re: Are You A Martial Artist? by carpenter(m): 3:55pm On Apr 18, 2007
Try first Saturday in May as the club will not be open this Saturday due to Elections and next Saturday due to Environmental Sanitation. hope u had a lovely journey?
Re: Are You A Martial Artist? by software(m): 1:25am On Apr 24, 2007
carpenter:

It was a secondary school. Airforce Secondary School
air force secondary sch in lagos? if yes, wat set did u pass out wit?
Re: Are You A Martial Artist? by iice(f): 9:30am On Apr 24, 2007
@junegirl, sorry don't know where you can learn Tai chi in naija, maybe someone on the thread will be able to help
Re: Are You A Martial Artist? by carpenter(m): 11:15am On Apr 26, 2007
@software

97 Set (G Shorunke's tenure as headboy)
Re: Are You A Martial Artist? by kinghost(m): 1:23pm On Nov 02, 2007
taikwon my sabons
Re: Are You A Martial Artist? by taiwoliu(m): 6:52pm On Apr 10, 2015
salam alaekun.... na 4lo 4lo lead me here ooo. anyways m a yellow belt taekwondo student. not practising at d moment due to stuffs but its gud to knw u r into martial arts too

(1) (2) (Reply)

Saudi Female Athlete Withdraws From Olympics To Avoid Israeli In Next Round / Roman Abramivich With Young Tammy Abraham And Luftus Cheek Photo / Are You A True Arsenal Fan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.