Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,934 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:18 PM

Which Chip Set Is Better, Mediatek, Intel Atom Or Snapdragon? - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Which Chip Set Is Better, Mediatek, Intel Atom Or Snapdragon? (9775 Views)

Iphone 14: New Camera, Chip Set, Performance, Features, Pricing –full Review / The Difference Between Snapdragon And Mediatek. / Realme U1: World's First Mediatek-helio P70 Smartphone To Launch November 28. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Chip Set Is Better, Mediatek, Intel Atom Or Snapdragon? by moonraker(m): 7:57am On Aug 06, 2018
One thing that must be taking in consideration, is the fact that yes, you might have the best hardware, money can buy

but mark my words, if the software that runs ontop of the hardware is full of bugs and not acting right, Lads, you are not

going to enjoy the beastly hardware that you have. It is what it is.

3 Likes

Re: Which Chip Set Is Better, Mediatek, Intel Atom Or Snapdragon? by anayolity: 7:57am On Aug 06, 2018
PLANTAIN CHIPS IS MORE BETTER

2 Likes

Re: Which Chip Set Is Better, Mediatek, Intel Atom Or Snapdragon? by Kaydeexotic(m): 8:01am On Aug 06, 2018
NOKIA IS LAUNCHING THEIR OWN REEFSHARK SOON cool cool
Re: Which Chip Set Is Better, Mediatek, Intel Atom Or Snapdragon? by uniquetechng: 8:03am On Aug 06, 2018
johnmattew:
these are the best and most powerful RISC chips in the world

1) apple's A series
2)Samsung Exynos
3)huawei's Kirin
4) Qualcomm Snapdragon
5)mediatek chips

note that AMD and INTEL aren't on my list cos they are x86/CISC chips
Snapdragon is only bettered by Apple's Bionic chipset, Kirin and Exynos are behind.

1 Like

Re: Which Chip Set Is Better, Mediatek, Intel Atom Or Snapdragon? by jahbiz: 8:03am On Aug 06, 2018
Adeyeancah:
Ladies no even comment, Wetin concern ladies with chipsets abi snap dragon ? Them na just to sha use phone grin
they are more concern about camera quality.

1 Like

Re: Which Chip Set Is Better, Mediatek, Intel Atom Or Snapdragon? by classicfrank4u(m): 8:06am On Aug 06, 2018
snapdragon and mediatek, just lyk comparing samsung nd tecno
Re: Which Chip Set Is Better, Mediatek, Intel Atom Or Snapdragon? by johnmattew: 8:07am On Aug 06, 2018
uniquetechng:
Snapdragon is only bettered by Apple's Bionic chipset, Kirin and Exynos are behind.
it depends but overall Snapdragon is behind
Re: Which Chip Set Is Better, Mediatek, Intel Atom Or Snapdragon? by don4real18(m): 8:07am On Aug 06, 2018
Food without sauce (source) grin
This is an old news anyway...
Re: Which Chip Set Is Better, Mediatek, Intel Atom Or Snapdragon? by kunleyy(m): 8:08am On Aug 06, 2018
johnmattew:

1) apple's A series
2)Samsung Exynos
3)huawei's Kirin
4) Qualcomm Snapdragon
5)mediatek chips

crap...snapdragon over kirin...
exynos nd snapdragon na tie
Re: Which Chip Set Is Better, Mediatek, Intel Atom Or Snapdragon? by uniquetechng: 8:09am On Aug 06, 2018
johnmattew:
it depends but overall Snapdragon is behind
Snapdragon is certainly the most powerful chipset in the market right now,

2 Likes

Re: Which Chip Set Is Better, Mediatek, Intel Atom Or Snapdragon? by Hegela(m): 8:20am On Aug 06, 2018
Adeyeancah:
Ladies no even comment, Wetin concern ladies with chipsets abi snap dragon ? Them na just to sha use phone grin

Lol
Re: Which Chip Set Is Better, Mediatek, Intel Atom Or Snapdragon? by newjosboy: 8:59am On Aug 06, 2018
Whizkidjay7:
Well, Inorder to find out which chipset is
better among the three chipsets, first of
all we need to know how these chipsets
are different from each other.

1.) Mediatek:
It is a Taiwanese company. It uses more
cores in it's processors(like octa
core,hexa core,deca core).
(Battery Life):
The mediatek chipsets are known to be
more power draining and results in less
battery life.Now they are optimizing their
processors to be more power efficient
but still lags behind their competetion in
terms of battery life.
Performance:
Performance wise their processors are
very good.Due the availability of extra
cores,mediatek processors can handle
intensive and heavy tasks and they are
very good at multi-tasking.But we can
see all this practically if we have
sufficient Ram.Yes more cores demand
more Ram to give best performance.
(Heating Problem)

Now coming to the heating problem. All
the processors deliver heat while
performing tasks. Mediatek processors
deliver more heat(more cores=more
heat) than the others.
Graphics:
Coming to graphics,Mediatek employs
Mali graphics which is a third party
graphics vendor(So graphics architectue
is different from cpu and its
performance may not match with cpu). It
is really important to match the
performances of cpu and gpu(graphics)
so that the whole chipset performs
efficiently and effectively.

2.)Snapdragon:
Snapdragon chipsets are manufactured
by Qualcomm (American) company.
Snapdragon chipsets are not only just
CPU's they incorporate other many
processors in their chipsets.This is the
main difference between Snapdragon
and other chipsets.
Snapdragon chipsets are named as SoC's
(System on chip) which means their
chipsets(SoC's) have a CPU,GPU(Adreno
Graphics),Image processor,Media
processor,DSP(Digital Signal
Processor),Cellular Modem unit,Wifi
Modue,Radio Module,GPS Module,...etc. All
these modules and Processors are inside
of a snapdragon chip.Yes they
incorporated all these things inside their
chips.Hence their chips are costly.
Battery Life:
Snapdragon chipsets are best in terms of
power efficiency compared to all other
chipsets.
Performance:
Performance wise they perform really
well. In multi-tasking,gaming,handling
heavy and intensive tasks they are very
good.
Heating Problem:
Snapdragon Processors generally deliver
less heat compared to Mediatek and Intel
Atom(Except the Snapdragon 810
Chipset-that faced many heating issues.)
Graphics:
Coming to graphics, they manufacture
their own graphics called Adreno
Graphics and incorporate into their
chips. So here the performance of cpu
and gpu are matched.

3.)Intel Atom:
Every one is familiar with Intel
processors because they are dominant
in the PC market. Intel Atom processors
are the initiative taken by the company
to enter into mobile segment.Intel
processors are best in PC's but when it
comes to mobile they have faced one
problem...!
(Battery Life):
Yes, the problem they faced is Battery
life. Intel company has experience in
manufactuting processors for PC's which
consume power in watts(say 40 watts
and above) but when it comes to mobile
platform where the processors should
run on power less than 5 watts, they had
a problem in optimizing their processors
to work on low power.
Don't worry that is all in the initial stage
when they entered into mobile market.
But recently in Q3 of 2015 they have
announced their Mobile processors
called core M-processors for mobile
platform like tablets and smartphones.
These processors are very power
efficient and they consume power of 5
watts and below.But we may only see
them in Smartphones or Tablets in 2016.
Performance:
Performance wise, i think i don't need to
tell you how Intel Processors do. They
are very good both at PC's and on Mobile.
(Heating Problem):
Intel Atom Processors also deliver more
heat when running heavy and CPU
intensive tasks or while using for long
duration.Let us see how their core M-
Processors perform.
Graphics:
Intel, till now used third party graphic
vendors like Power VGR and Mali
graphics in their CPU's. Intel also have
their own graphics called Intel Iris
Graphics which they introduced in their
4th generation core i-series processors
for PC's. I am not sure but i have read
somewhere that core M-Processors have
Intel Graphics built in. Let us see them in
After briefing all these things, Now tell
me which chipset is better..?
My answer: Till now, Snapdragon is the
clear winner here. I have practically used
Smartphones which have all these three
processors and telling you my
answer.The Smartphones that i have
used are Micromax Unite 2 (Mediatek
Processor) , HTC Desire X (Snapdragon
Processor) , Asus Zenphone C (Intel Atom
Processor).

The op kept saying "lets see them in 2016". So I wonder when this post was written and why it took this long to get to FP
Re: Which Chip Set Is Better, Mediatek, Intel Atom Or Snapdragon? by kvngjesse(m): 9:09am On Aug 06, 2018
kunleyy:

Talk in terms of gpu

2 Likes

Re: Which Chip Set Is Better, Mediatek, Intel Atom Or Snapdragon? by kvngjesse(m): 9:10am On Aug 06, 2018
kunleyy:

Snapdragon is better pls

2 Likes

Re: Which Chip Set Is Better, Mediatek, Intel Atom Or Snapdragon? by Lanreolas(m): 9:12am On Aug 06, 2018
i dont care. CPU or UPC, as long as my "GIONEE A1 PLUS" gives me what i want. my bat3 is 4000ahm and it serve me up to 2day. and i can switch from one app to other without lag ,slow or overheat while am playing "SHADOW FIGHTER3".
Re: Which Chip Set Is Better, Mediatek, Intel Atom Or Snapdragon? by emeraldlife: 9:22am On Aug 06, 2018
What about exynos employed by Samsung and Meizu? You left Hauwei Hisilicon Kirin. These chipset are performance champ especially the exynos
Re: Which Chip Set Is Better, Mediatek, Intel Atom Or Snapdragon? by emeraldlife: 9:36am On Aug 06, 2018
kvngjesse:

Snapdragon is better pls

Snapdragon isn't better bro. The only advantage it has over exynos is future AOSP support and may be in frame rate. The exynos 9810 outperforms the snapdragon 845 in almost everything. The reason why exynos phones are not sold in America, Japan, China and a few other countries are due to CDMA network issues and copyright infringement.
Re: Which Chip Set Is Better, Mediatek, Intel Atom Or Snapdragon? by talktimi(m): 9:37am On Aug 06, 2018
2016 article in third quarter 2018.. Copy and paste at work cool

1 Like

Re: Which Chip Set Is Better, Mediatek, Intel Atom Or Snapdragon? by Uglymugg: 9:47am On Aug 06, 2018
princemillla:
Each of these processors av their flaws too.

Without mediatek, millions of people including the Op could possibly can't afford smartphone.

wow. Why's that?
Re: Which Chip Set Is Better, Mediatek, Intel Atom Or Snapdragon? by odinga1of: 10:30am On Aug 06, 2018
Whizkidjay7:
that's why i prefer redmi note 5 pro over infinix note 5

Boss how much is the price Redmi Note 5 pro?
Re: Which Chip Set Is Better, Mediatek, Intel Atom Or Snapdragon? by mexzony: 10:33am On Aug 06, 2018
TechCapon:
Huawei's Kirin processors are just as powerful as Snapdragon
Thank you was wondering why no one mentioned this.
Very efficient and extremely powerful.

1 Like

Re: Which Chip Set Is Better, Mediatek, Intel Atom Or Snapdragon? by mexzony: 10:35am On Aug 06, 2018
emeraldlife:
What about exynos employed by Samsung and Meizu? You left Hauwei Hisilicon Kirin. These chipset are performance champ especially the exynos
Exactly the kirin processors are beasts on their own.
Re: Which Chip Set Is Better, Mediatek, Intel Atom Or Snapdragon? by daamazing(m): 10:43am On Aug 06, 2018
emeraldlife:

Snapdragon isn't better bro. The only advantage it has over exynos is future AOSP support and may be in frame rate. The exynos 9810 outperforms the snapdragon 845 in almost everything. The reason why exynos phones are not sold in America, Japan, China and a few other countries are due to CDMA
network issues and copyright infringement.
SMH, stop saying what you don't know!
Re: Which Chip Set Is Better, Mediatek, Intel Atom Or Snapdragon? by AjiAmu(m): 10:46am On Aug 06, 2018
moonraker:
One thing that must be taking in consideration, is the fact that yes, you might have the best hardware, money can buy

but mark my words, if the software that runs ontop of the hardware is full of bugs and not acting right, Lads, you are not

going to enjoy the beastly hardware that you have. It is what it is.
Best comment so far...xiaomi has very good hardware no doubt, but unfortunately, MIUI still looks like something designed primarily for the Chinese market, This means overuse of white everywhere in the UI, no app drawer and forced square borders around all the icons. Xiaomi also resolutely ignores many of the new UI features in the latest versions of Android; the notifications still cannot be expanded, many of the default apps still require you to press and hold the multitasking key to access the 'Menu' function (something that died in stock Android years ago), the share sheet is straight up ridiculous and you can't press and hold the app icons to access app shortcut.. At the end of the day, it all comes down to choice.
Re: Which Chip Set Is Better, Mediatek, Intel Atom Or Snapdragon? by eluquenson(m): 11:06am On Aug 06, 2018
I am enjoying my Nokia 5 which runs on Snapdragon
Re: Which Chip Set Is Better, Mediatek, Intel Atom Or Snapdragon? by Nobody: 11:29am On Aug 06, 2018
Krak:
You forget to mention Samsung Exynos Processor.
He also forget to add Kirin of Huawei

1 Like

Re: Which Chip Set Is Better, Mediatek, Intel Atom Or Snapdragon? by SimplePlan34: 12:10pm On Aug 06, 2018
johnmattew:

1) apple's A series
2)Samsung Exynos
3)huawei's Kirin
4) Qualcomm Snapdragon
5)mediatek chips

extensive testing has proving that A series is only good at burst speeds and not sustained speed that why they are very good on bench marks.

1 Like

Re: Which Chip Set Is Better, Mediatek, Intel Atom Or Snapdragon? by Bjornson01(m): 1:05pm On Aug 06, 2018
Krak:
You forget to mention Samsung Exynos Processor.
and Huawei's Kirin
Re: Which Chip Set Is Better, Mediatek, Intel Atom Or Snapdragon? by Bjornson01(m): 1:18pm On Aug 06, 2018
anayolity:
PLANTAIN CHIPS IS MORE BETTER
LOL

1 Like

Re: Which Chip Set Is Better, Mediatek, Intel Atom Or Snapdragon? by sleekarry(m): 1:19pm On Aug 06, 2018
[b][/b]how much is redmi note 5 pro?how much is redmi note 5 pro?how much is redmi note 5 pro?
Re: Which Chip Set Is Better, Mediatek, Intel Atom Or Snapdragon? by Aitee1: 2:00pm On Aug 06, 2018
Adeyeancah:

E go concern us when you mention camera quality and battery life grin
Re: Which Chip Set Is Better, Mediatek, Intel Atom Or Snapdragon? by QualityHealthCa: 2:07pm On Aug 06, 2018
shinzuraven:
Snapdragon are the most efficient processor,apart from Apple's bionic chipset,they are premium quality processors followed closely behind by Kirin and exynos

What I surmise from your statement is Apple's Bionic chipset are the best.

Am I correct?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Turned Off Read Receipt To View Her Status And This Happened.. / Sim Card Registration Failed / You Think Tecno, Infinix And Co. Are Pocket Friendly? Check This Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.