Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,732 members, 7,809,807 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:17 PM

9 Corps Member Drown During Picnic In Taraba - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / 9 Corps Member Drown During Picnic In Taraba (14689 Views)

COVID-19: Isolation Centre In Taraba NYSC Orientation Camp (Photos) / Picture Of Taraba Corpers At The Riverside Picnic Before Drowning Moments Later. / Nine Corpers Drown In Taraba During Picnic By Riverside (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 9 Corps Member Drown During Picnic In Taraba by mubarak89(m): 7:35am On Aug 06, 2018
Op shouldn't it be:
9 Corp Members Drown During Picnic in Taraba?
Re: 9 Corps Member Drown During Picnic In Taraba by ashjay001(m): 7:58am On Aug 06, 2018
alfredo4u:
So painful.......

I cried when I read the full story.....

I don't want to blame the death oh

What took u guys there?

Is that where you guys are posted to to do your PA?

After years of suffering and jacking for four years and waiting for call up......

The parents now are crying and will remain in total dismay.

Pls corpers, you should pls always play safe and concentrate to what took you guys to service.....

I pray others will learn from this in Jesus Name Amen

Can u just STFUangry

Wtf took them there, if not to live d life of d community!

Rest in peace Corp Members. That u knew d high n low tide times, would have been invaluable. That d LGA, posted low n high tide times around d riversad

Do u even understand tidessad

1 Like

Re: 9 Corps Member Drown During Picnic In Taraba by YaksonFCA(m): 8:17am On Aug 06, 2018
RIP
Re: 9 Corps Member Drown During Picnic In Taraba by gonkin(m): 8:26am On Aug 06, 2018
A whole 9 Why is it that every nysc batch must have a tragedy.
Re: 9 Corps Member Drown During Picnic In Taraba by Fedrickcity: 8:47am On Aug 06, 2018
That is why i don't want to serve
1Ebiscoo:
Nine members of the National Youth Service Corps who are currently serving in Taraba State on Saturday drowned in River Mayo-Selbe in Gashaka Local government Area.

Taraba State Police Command Police Public Relations Officer, ASP David Missal, who confirmed the death of nine out of the 22 corps members who were swimming in River Mayo-Selbe said seven corpses have so far been recovered from the incident.

“Information available revealed that 22 youth corps members had gone on a picnic party in River Mayo-Selbe in Gashaka LGA on Saturday when the incident happened.

“We were made to understand that while they were swimming in the river, there was sudden upsurge in the volume of water, which carried them away.

“Nine of them drowned, while others managed to escape.

“We have so far recovered seven corpses, while the search for the two remaining corpses is still in progress,” Missal said.

State NYSC Coordinator, Mrs. Florence Yaakugh, also confirmed the incident, which she described as “most unfortunate.”

Yaakugh also confirmed that seven bodies have been recovered, while the search for the other two bodies was still ongoing by the locals in collaboration with security agencies and the NYSC.

“It’s a very sad development and we would soon have the identity of all the corps members involved in the accident and make such information known appropriately.

“We have very sketchy information indicating that about nine of our corps members drowned in Gashaka yesterday.

“So far, seven bodies have been recovered and we are working with relevant persons to recover the rest of the bodies and to identify them.

“This is a very sad development and the entire NYSC family in Taraba State is already thrown into deep mourning,” she said.

PLEASE READ MORE>>>http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/08/9-corps-member-drown-during-picnic-in.html

Kindly Visit: [url]mcebisco.com.ng[/url]
Re: 9 Corps Member Drown During Picnic In Taraba by Nobody: 9:29am On Aug 06, 2018
Are there no swimming pools in Taraba that you now had to get into that murky river whose depth you didn't know and neither did you know if it harboured crocodiles?

That's a very careless waste of lives. RIP.
Re: 9 Corps Member Drown During Picnic In Taraba by Psoul(m): 11:20am On Aug 06, 2018
Destroe:
The same story twice on fp? One mod don high this early morning

We will ban them using Rule 18. They have bn doing this frequently these days. Incompetence should not be tolerated in this forum.

1 Like

Re: 9 Corps Member Drown During Picnic In Taraba by Nobody: 1:23pm On Aug 06, 2018
swimming is a necessary skill, go and learn how to swim.

people should be taught life skills during youth service and not taught how to participate in orgiess.
Re: 9 Corps Member Drown During Picnic In Taraba by anyaski4real(m): 1:43pm On Aug 06, 2018
Jesus this is my friend Chike,he finished from Uniben ,banking and finance,Why na!!!!
God why does the good die young?
RIP Chike Melvin Ijeh
Re: 9 Corps Member Drown During Picnic In Taraba by madgoat(m): 3:15pm On Aug 06, 2018
I always tell people, when you are sent on a mission dont lose focus. They were sent to serve in the NYSC scheme but decided to be carrying babes and swimming in the river. See what now happened. grin
Re: 9 Corps Member Drown During Picnic In Taraba by prezh8(m): 5:22pm On Aug 07, 2018
embarassed Oh My World! The Dark Complexioned Guy Was My Secondary School(afss Ikeja 2007 Set) Mate, Even A Class Mate. What A Loss? Rip Chike Melvin Ijie. God Knows The Best.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Unvaccinated Corps Members Barred From NYSC Camps / NYSC FLASHBACK( Those Days) / My Visit To The Rivers State NYSC Orientation Camp, Nonwa-gbam, Tai Local Govt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.