Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,427 members, 7,815,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:19 PM

God Punish The Poor (it Should Be A Question, A Phrase Or A Truth?) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Punish The Poor (it Should Be A Question, A Phrase Or A Truth?) (636 Views)

Can One Lie Disqualify A Truth ? / Who Will God Punish For Abortion? The Doctors, The Government Or The Women? / Oritsejafor To Jonathan - Give Half Of Your Salary To The Poor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

God Punish The Poor (it Should Be A Question, A Phrase Or A Truth?) by Apostlee: 11:44am On Jun 20, 2010
When a person is Poor, are they under a curse, a punishment or the result of their disobedience for as the Bible records"i choose to paraphrase "Go ye therfore and Multiply, for i have given thee power to make wealth" moreso, there is profit in all labor, and all that thou dooest shall prosper.
Re: God Punish The Poor (it Should Be A Question, A Phrase Or A Truth?) by Jenwitemi(m): 11:51am On Jun 20, 2010
We all can't be materially wealthy, on one hand, on the other hand, to be poor materially is just another form of experience. The souls who are having these poverty experiences either chose to have them before coming here, or they were assigned them before coming here. I don't believe that it has anything to do with any form of punishment, but that is just my own personal view.
Re: God Punish The Poor (it Should Be A Question, A Phrase Or A Truth?) by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jun 20, 2010
Apostlee:

When a person is Poor, are they under a curse, a punishment or the result of their disobedience for as the Bible records"i choose to paraphrase "Go ye therfore and Multiply, for i have given thee power to make wealth" moreso, there is profit in all labor, and all that thou dooest shall prosper.
most things are still with Gods knowledge. He modelled all things differently. Kinds/types of fishes,birds of air,wild&domestic animals. Chicken isnt cursed for not having 4legs like the dog afterall both are domestic animals. That doesnt rule out curses leading to poverty.
Re: God Punish The Poor (it Should Be A Question, A Phrase Or A Truth?) by noetic16(m): 2:06pm On Jun 20, 2010
Jenwitemi:

We all can't be materially wealthy, on one hand, on the other hand, to be poor materially is just another form of experience. The souls who are having these poverty experiences either chose to have them before coming here, or they were assigned them before coming here. I don't believe that it has anything to do with any form of punishment, but that is just my own personal view.

and where did u get this doctrine from? to think that u then choose to attack other religious beliefs is simply ridiculous.
Re: God Punish The Poor (it Should Be A Question, A Phrase Or A Truth?) by Jenwitemi(m): 6:35pm On Jun 20, 2010
noetic16:

and where did u get this doctrine from? to think that u then choose to attack other religious beliefs is simply ridiculous.
I do not attack other beliefs, with the exception of those beliefs that attack others, like. . . christianity and islam. It is the most satisfying thing to attack these two religions every single day, simply because of their perennial disrespect of other beliefs. Apart from that, everyone has the right to believe whatever they wish.

As for what i wrote up there, that is my momentary belief of how things work. You got any problem with that? Every single momentary situation that happens to sentient beings, like humans, on this earth is an experience. The creator God punishes no one. Humans punish themselves because of the type of choices they make every moment of their life journey, and even that is part of the experience. Prove me wrong on this, if you can.

(1) (Reply)

Think About This / The Difficulty Of Riches / 10 Commandments For Bible God To Live By

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.