Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,919 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:03 AM

'Genort Rohr Should Live In Nigeria' - Etim Esin, Former Super Eagles Player - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 'Genort Rohr Should Live In Nigeria' - Etim Esin, Former Super Eagles Player (10434 Views)

Breach Of Contract: Gernot Rohr Should Be Sacked As Super Eagles' Coach / Why Do Nigerians Dislike Genort Rohr / Genort Rohr Turns To Sebastian Osigwe, Swiss-born Goalkeeper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Genort Rohr Should Live In Nigeria' - Etim Esin, Former Super Eagles Player by Enoch07: 10:11am On Aug 06, 2018
My guy no live here oooooo
U can't see fire and jump into it
Re: 'Genort Rohr Should Live In Nigeria' - Etim Esin, Former Super Eagles Player by luveu: 10:13am On Aug 06, 2018
He has a point there
For me I think NFF didn't even make dt part of his job conditions if not why would a non profile coach like Rohr defiant of staying within d country

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'Genort Rohr Should Live In Nigeria' - Etim Esin, Former Super Eagles Player by Sleekfingers: 10:15am On Aug 06, 2018
Earthquake1:
Is Nigeria safe?

His assistants can do the picking job for him, nobody wants to live in this country

And he is getting paid by this country. Since you don't like this country why not relocate to Congo or Burundi.

3 Likes

Re: 'Genort Rohr Should Live In Nigeria' - Etim Esin, Former Super Eagles Player by Afonja007: 10:23am On Aug 06, 2018
SarakiBukola:
Etim Esin....helped out by Clemens Westerhof then during his rape case.

I have not even read this but he has to mention Westerhof, our greatest ever coach/ technical adviser

Westerhof discovered likes of Okocha, Finidi, Amunike, Adepoju right from the Nigerian League
etim esim distroyed him self ,in the year's 1987 etim was a member of flying eagle their then coach is Chris udemezue there is no type of advice Chris udemezue did give etim esim to make him take life easy etim did not listen because then iwuanyanwu bought 505 evolution for him while Chris udemezue the coach of flying eagle was using Beatles, etim went for a night club he was shot by armb robbers ,later he still went to Belgium to rape woman that why he did not enjoy like otbers
Re: 'Genort Rohr Should Live In Nigeria' - Etim Esin, Former Super Eagles Player by TalkTalkTwins(m): 10:28am On Aug 06, 2018
Meanwhile
Here is a social network that pays you to chat. You can make N5,000 weekly!
Re: 'Genort Rohr Should Live In Nigeria' - Etim Esin, Former Super Eagles Player by luveu: 10:28am On Aug 06, 2018
googlelove:
He just said it all, the Coach should come live in Nigeria.
It's very obvious dt Gerner Rohr doesn't believe in our domestic league. A coach dt couldn't take our league highest goal scorer (junior lokoza to d world cup will now scout for local talent for national team inclusion?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'Genort Rohr Should Live In Nigeria' - Etim Esin, Former Super Eagles Player by TalkTalkTwins(m): 10:29am On Aug 06, 2018
Meanwhile
Here is a social network that pays you to chat. You can make N5,000 weekly!
Re: 'Genort Rohr Should Live In Nigeria' - Etim Esin, Former Super Eagles Player by SarakiBukola: 10:29am On Aug 06, 2018
Afonja007:
etim esim distroyed him self ,in the year's 1987 etim was a member of flying eagle their then coach is Chris udemezue there is no type of advice Chris udemezue did give etim esim to make him take life easy etim did not listen because then iwuanyanwu bought 505 evolution for him while Chris udemezue the coach of flying eagle was using Beatles, etim went for a night club he was shot by armb robbers ,later he still went to Belgium to rape woman that why he did not enjoy like otbers

Ah...old school guy like me. Thanks for the corrections. I really thought Westerhof helped with his legal case.

Point still stands that Westerhof is our best coach ever though
Re: 'Genort Rohr Should Live In Nigeria' - Etim Esin, Former Super Eagles Player by nedu2000(m): 10:33am On Aug 06, 2018
Even nigerians don't want to live in Nigeria,let alone Rohr
Re: 'Genort Rohr Should Live In Nigeria' - Etim Esin, Former Super Eagles Player by victorazyvictor(m): 10:44am On Aug 06, 2018
Earthquake1:

Shut up how many people are killed in Nigeria on daily basis?

As far as he is doing a great job with the main team his assistants could be having a look at the local league

Plz grow up bro! is obvious ur a local man who hasn't travelled beyond Nigeria border. Even in US, come here and see shooting, only Ohio alone.

1 Like

Re: 'Genort Rohr Should Live In Nigeria' - Etim Esin, Former Super Eagles Player by aribisala0(m): 10:44am On Aug 06, 2018
edi287:
The NPFL is not as good as it was in the 90s.

Besides, his assistants should be doing that, but no oooo - Salisu is busy collecting bribes and passing it off as a "gift". Salisu is terrible and should be sacked. Amunike and Finidi should be considered.
I think the main issues with our own coaches is not really knowledge or quality but cultural.

The NFF does not respect them,will not pay them on time> I remember a Japanese guy gave the players a gift and the NFF tried to interfere.

There are issues of Nigerian coaches being biassed to their constituency which may be ethniic or professional( club/training academy)
Nigerian coaches were not well paid and maybe corruptible to bribes/gifts from overseas players

What is needed now is to widen the pool of players available to us and focus on the long term.

Long term focus means coach development strategy.

Nigeria should have at least one grade A coach in every state and NFF should invest more in academies.

1 Like

Re: 'Genort Rohr Should Live In Nigeria' - Etim Esin, Former Super Eagles Player by WesBreezy: 10:58am On Aug 06, 2018
Wait the only reason for him to stay in this country is to check out for talents here?.. Don't the team have a scout that updates the manager? Abeg he should coach us from anywhere!
Even for fifa18 na scout go dey update yu na
Re: 'Genort Rohr Should Live In Nigeria' - Etim Esin, Former Super Eagles Player by Afonja007: 11:25am On Aug 06, 2018
SarakiBukola:

Ah...old school guy like me. Thanks for the corrections. I really thought Westerhof helped with his legal case.

Point still stands that Westerhof is our best coach ever though
etim with westerhof no dey in good terms because etim no dey respect Stephen keshi and westerhof made keshi chairman of the team
Re: 'Genort Rohr Should Live In Nigeria' - Etim Esin, Former Super Eagles Player by aribisala0(m): 11:34am On Aug 06, 2018
WesBreezy:
Wait the only reason for him to stay in this country is to check out for talents here?.. Don't the team have a scout that updates the manager? Abeg he should coach us from anywhere!
Even for fifa18 na scout go dey update yu na
but it is okay for him to scout in Europe? Going to Emirates and Stamform bridge?
No one said anything about "ONLY" reason. That is ONE reason and a very important one. How many times do we see premiership games attended by one coach or the other?

The expectation from a coach is not just to win but to build and develop stuff locally. He should be involved with our Nigerian footbal.

His country Germany would never accept a coach who lives abroad and relies on so called scouts. Why should we?

For me Nigeria should forget about winning for now and focus on building structures for development of kids and the league.
Any coach who cannot live in Nigeria will not help us.

Westerhoff was so successful because he was on ground and he understood Nigeria.

It is a shame that Pinnick who struggled to pay Keshi on time found money for Rohr
Re: 'Genort Rohr Should Live In Nigeria' - Etim Esin, Former Super Eagles Player by ooshinibos: 11:47am On Aug 06, 2018
Nigeria for now is an unsecured and unstable country --etim Esin cannot compare the 1990s and now , the country has deteriorated and no one is safe , I will not live in Nigeria even if am paid 1 millionaire a day ,simple
Re: 'Genort Rohr Should Live In Nigeria' - Etim Esin, Former Super Eagles Player by chiscodedon(m): 12:13pm On Aug 06, 2018
Why Buhari should live in Nigeria instead
Re: 'Genort Rohr Should Live In Nigeria' - Etim Esin, Former Super Eagles Player by NigerianDiamond(m): 12:27pm On Aug 06, 2018
edi287:
The NPFL is not as good as it was in the 90s.

Besides, his assistants should be doing that, but no oooo - Salisu is busy collecting bribes and passing it off as a "gift". Salisu is terrible and should be sacked. Amunike and Finidi should be considered.

And Amunike does not solicit for 'egunje'? The bane of our society is corruption and sometimes nepotism. None of our coaches living in Nigeria is free of these acts, maybe except those who are presently living abroad. I do not think Rohr is the best for Nigeria but he seems to be respected and free of scandals at least for now.
Re: 'Genort Rohr Should Live In Nigeria' - Etim Esin, Former Super Eagles Player by edi287: 12:57pm On Aug 06, 2018
NigerianDiamond:

And Amunike does not solicit for 'egunje'? The bane of our society is corruption and sometimes nepotism. None of our coaches living in Nigeria is free of these acts, maybe except those who are presently living abroad. I do not think Rohr is the best for Nigeria but he seems to be respected and free of scandals at least for now.
The same Rohr that is supporting Salisu??

I agree majority of the local coaches collect egunje, I'm talking about Salisu's capabilities. He was caught red handed. He needs to leave. No two ways about it.
Amunike is a good coach and would be great under Rohr.
Rohr has the Afcon qualifiers and Afcon 2019 to prove himself. If he fails - he needs to be sacked.
Re: 'Genort Rohr Should Live In Nigeria' - Etim Esin, Former Super Eagles Player by quickly: 12:58pm On Aug 06, 2018
He is the technical adviser while Salisu is the coach. If Salisu does his job well he don’t need to b in Nigeria 100%.

Also the best Nigerian talents r playing in Europe
Re: 'Genort Rohr Should Live In Nigeria' - Etim Esin, Former Super Eagles Player by WesBreezy: 1:35pm On Aug 06, 2018
aribisala0:
but it is okay for him to scout in Europe? Going to Emirates and Stamform bridge?
No one said anything about "ONLY" reason. That is ONE reason and a very important one. How many times do we see premiership games attended by one coach or the other?

The expectation from a coach is not just to win but to build and develop stuff locally. He should be involved with our Nigerian footbal.

His country Germany would never accept a coach who lives abroad and relies on so called scouts. Why should we?

For me Nigeria should forget about winning for now and focus on building structures for development of kids and the league.
Any coach who cannot live in Nigeria will not help us.

Westerhoff was so successful because he was on ground and he understood Nigeria.

It is a shame that Pinnick who struggled to pay Keshi on time found money for Rohr

Bro! Here's not safe! Even oliseh couldn't help but coach from Belgium.. Need one who's gon stay here and coach? Employ one who's based here! Provided he gets the job done, choice of location is not a problem.
By the way the only things fans want is to keep winning and grabbing trophies! Development is second fiddle
Re: 'Genort Rohr Should Live In Nigeria' - Etim Esin, Former Super Eagles Player by aribisala0(m): 1:37pm On Aug 06, 2018
WesBreezy:

Bro! Here's not safe! Even oliseh couldn't help but coach from Belgium.. Need one who's gon stay here and coach? Employ one who's based here! Provided he gets the job done, choice of location is not a problem.
By the way the only things fans want is to keep winning and grabbing trophies! Development is second fiddle
Fine !

let us forget about football till it is safe

Safety should be our priority

Let us make Nigeria safe again.
Re: 'Genort Rohr Should Live In Nigeria' - Etim Esin, Former Super Eagles Player by aribisala0(m): 1:41pm On Aug 06, 2018
quickly:

Also the best Nigerian talents r playing in Europe

How do we know this?
That is just an assumption. Next we will change too Sausdi Arabia.

Mikel is not playing in Europe by the way.

I remember the the 1994 Nations Cup team. Probably our best team ever.

That team was ranked 5 or 6 by FIFA

How many of that team were in Europe ?

Again when we Won the cup with Keshi how many of those boys were in Europe
Re: 'Genort Rohr Should Live In Nigeria' - Etim Esin, Former Super Eagles Player by mechanics(m): 5:53pm On Aug 06, 2018
He has a point.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Are Super Falcons Only Igbos / Oshoala, Ajibade Among The Best Scoring Duos In Europe’s Top 5 Leagues / Nigeria Defeats Uganda 1-0 To Qualify For Under 20 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.