Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,859 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:26 PM

FX35 Electrician Needed. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / FX35 Electrician Needed. (1948 Views)

Coversion Engine Expert/electrician Needed / Passat CC Electrician Needed / Serious Talk About Infiniti Fx35 And 45 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FX35 Electrician Needed. by yagor: 9:48am On Aug 06, 2018
hello house,

pls i am in search of a very competent electrician (rewire; as they are fondly called) to fix my infiniti fx35 2005 version.

the last one was working on a stuck window regulator driver side and ended up short circuiting a wiring system in the door;

next thing vehicle went dead. condition of vehicle now:

horn works
passenger automatic seat works
headlamps works
brake lamps works
hazard works

driver automatic seat dead
key dead . . insert key into ignition, there is no chime . . also key doesn't even turn
and the steering isn't locked. key refuses to turn. intelligent key system dead too (from dead battery on key fob though)
so i am stuck with mechanical key.
all interior lights dead

really need to fix this baby as it's my daily commute.

or is there a step by step guide on what i can do to revive it . . .

we checked most of the fuses and relays and they were fine; so need an experienced hand; not trial and error method.

thanks
Re: FX35 Electrician Needed. by AutoElectNG: 9:55am On Aug 06, 2018
My services are available

I am expensive....but you will get your vehicle fixed once and fixed right!

Thanks.
Re: FX35 Electrician Needed. by mayor2013: 10:33am On Aug 06, 2018
Does this ride start
Re: FX35 Electrician Needed. by yagor: 12:04pm On Aug 06, 2018
mayor2013:
Does this ride start

Ride was perfect until the short circuit

No, when you insert the key into ignition

it doesnt even turn [as in it doesnt rotate, like it is stiff]

half of car is dead, half is alive as explained above
Re: FX35 Electrician Needed. by Nobody: 4:08pm On Aug 06, 2018
I'm suspecting the BCM has been partially damaged. A scan tool with requisite capability would detect concerned modules.

1 Like

Re: FX35 Electrician Needed. by mayor2013: 4:47pm On Aug 06, 2018
Costee:
I'm suspecting the BCM has been partially damaged. A scan tool with requisite capability would detect concerned modules.

You are very correct. Bcm most likely culprit. He needs to run a scan first
Re: FX35 Electrician Needed. by yagor: 4:57pm On Aug 06, 2018
mayor2013:

You are very correct. Bcm most likely culprit. He needs to run a scan first

I have this small scanner we connected to the OBD port or what is it called?

The scanner comes alive and says "waiting for vehicle to respond" .

well vehicle cannot respond because ignition will not turn on.
Re: FX35 Electrician Needed. by yagor: 4:57pm On Aug 06, 2018
AutoElectNG:
My services are available

I am expensive....but you will get your vehicle fixed once and fixed right!

Thanks.
---------------------
MODIFIED BELOW
---------------------

Call/WhatsApp:234/805/547/7646/ to discuss

Your profile says Abuja . . . I am in Lagos angry angry
Re: FX35 Electrician Needed. by AutoElectNG: 5:05pm On Aug 06, 2018
yagor:

Your profile says Abuja . . . I am in Lagos angry angry

Distance is no issue for me...

Distance certainly was no issue for the clients here who valued quality over price https://www.nairaland.com/4644144/meet-british-nigerian-gideon-king-love-vendor

Lagos to Abuja is 10 to 12 hours away by road and less than 3 hours by flight including travel time to the airport and travel time to Ajah

You can always pick someone in Lagos, but if you can't find any...I am available if you need me

Plus I have an excellent working relationship with the Nissan overlord Costee, our partnership would get you out of the woods in record time

And you would be assured of a job done right, once and for all.

I know it will cost an arm and leg... smiley but I will travel at short notice for the right price.

Just another option in your kitty
Re: FX35 Electrician Needed. by Nobody: 5:24pm On Aug 06, 2018
yagor:

Hm. The ignition switch, which is an electrical component, seems to have been damaged. You'd have to address that to move forward.
Re: FX35 Electrician Needed. by mayor2013: 5:45pm On Aug 06, 2018
yagor:

You need a bidirectional scan tool
Re: FX35 Electrician Needed. by mayor2013: 5:48pm On Aug 06, 2018
Does your's uses a smart key?
Re: FX35 Electrician Needed. by Nobody: 5:49pm On Aug 06, 2018
mayor2013:

You need a bidirectional scan tool
Still, it can't diagnose with engine off.
Re: FX35 Electrician Needed. by AutoElectNG: 5:53pm On Aug 06, 2018
When an technician works on a vehicle's wiring systems without access to the vehicle's wiring diagrams, what is he?

I ask this question because I had a discussion recently in which technicians who work on a vehicle's wiring without reference to the vehicle's wiring diagrams were called wizards and magicians.

One of the first things that is taught in a vehicle electrical electronics class is to obtain, study and use wiring diagrams when working on a vehicle's wiring system.

Sometimes the magic works as intended, sometimes it doesn't at other times, the magic can cause unintended consequences.

I think I will use this to illustrate what happens when one decides to be a magician instead of a technician and the adverse effects when the magic fails.

2 Likes

Re: FX35 Electrician Needed. by Nobody: 6:17pm On Aug 06, 2018
mayor2013:
Good question. I was assuming all along that it was a conventional key. But reading his posts again, the OP seems to have a prox twist knob.
Re: FX35 Electrician Needed. by Nobody: 6:28pm On Aug 06, 2018
If it's a prox twist knob here's the way I see it. The BCM is damaged. Install another BCM, and programme the key starting with steering lock release, a process that begins with engine off.
Re: FX35 Electrician Needed. by mayor2013: 6:38pm On Aug 06, 2018
Costee:
If it's a prox twist knob here's the way I see it. The BCM is damaged. Install another BCM, and programme the key starting with steering lock release, a process that begins with engine off.

That's were I was heading too. Nice one

1 Like

Re: FX35 Electrician Needed. by yagor: 6:52pm On Aug 06, 2018
mayor2013:

Yes it uses an intelli-key where i can start the engine with the fob in my pocket;

However battery died, couldn't get original battery as the ones i got kept dying quickly so i switched to the manual [mechanical] key
Re: FX35 Electrician Needed. by yagor: 6:53pm On Aug 06, 2018
Costee:

I definitely can't handle this on my own; can you come in, sir?

Yes, it's a prox twist knob. I had to google that and saw what you meant
Re: FX35 Electrician Needed. by Nobody: 6:56pm On Aug 06, 2018
To be absolutely sure, could you post the VIN, or send it to the number in my signature.
Re: FX35 Electrician Needed. by empron(m): 7:03pm On Aug 06, 2018
yagor:

Just follow costee ideal,the BCM is faulty get another BCM.X100 pro or x300 pro3 will do the steering lock,get the pin code and program the bcm
Re: FX35 Electrician Needed. by yagor: 7:11pm On Aug 06, 2018
Costee:
To be absolutely sure, could you post the VIN, or send it to the number in my signature.

Sending via text.

Thanks
Re: FX35 Electrician Needed. by yagor: 10:12pm On Aug 14, 2018
Okay house, i am sorry this update is coming late . . work and all but i feel it is proper i inform you that the issue has been fixed.
I had approached 2 sound engineers on this forum; kudos.
But at that point, I was invited by the Honorable Costee for a private chat. We went through the issue together on whatsapp.
And it pointed towards the BCM. He invited me over to his domain; led me to his dealer and after what seemed like hours of searching,
we finally found a replacement, exact part number. Took it home; managed to install it, not without some bruises though, and car came back to life, except that it would crank but not start. One or two calls were made, and a key programmer came within the hour and car was back to life.
I owe this fix to Costee; a very fine and accommodating gentleman.
And to AUtoElectNG, you are amazing. We still have a lot to work on sometime soon. Keep your fingers crossed.

4 Likes

Re: FX35 Electrician Needed. by oblo(m): 11:03pm On Aug 14, 2018
yagor:
Okay house, i am sorry this update is coming late . . work and all but i feel it is proper i inform you that the issue has been fixed.
But at that point, I was invited by the Honorable Costee for a private chat. We went through the issue together on whatsapp.
And it pointed towards the BCM. He invited me over to his domain; led me to his dealer and after what seemed like hours of searching,
we finally found a replacement, exact part number. Took it home; managed to install it, not without some bruises though, and car came back to life, except that it would crank but not start. One or two calls were made, and a key programmer came within the hour and car was back to life.
And to AUtoElectNG, you are amazing. We still have a lot to work on sometime soon. Keep your fingers crossed.

Beautiful. I really am touched by your story. And hopefully more to come though a lot has been done on this forum. Nice one and thumbs up to Costee and Auto elect.

3 Likes

Re: FX35 Electrician Needed. by AutoElectNG: 1:00am On Aug 15, 2018
yagor:

Thanks for the shout-out/mention

3 Likes

Re: FX35 Electrician Needed. by radautoworks: 7:22am On Aug 15, 2018
oblo:

Beautiful. I really am touched by your story. And hopefully more to come though a lot has been done on this forum. Nice one and thumbs up to Costee and Auto elect.

Hear, hear!
Re: FX35 Electrician Needed. by starnuel(m): 7:18am On Aug 11, 2020
Hello House, I have an issue with my Infiniti fx35 2005. It is a tokunbo I bought in February thus year before the lockdown. Before the lockdown, it was working perfectly. When the lockdown started, I parked it but unfortunately the heavy rain at the period came in through the roof.

I air dried the car and started covering the car. After the lockdown, I wanted to ho out and realised that the wiper, the ac, the side mirrors stopped working at the same time.

There is nothing I have not done to get them working. Gone to different self proclaimed professionals, nothing. I went to First Gate Auto village, nothing. I went to ladipo and changed BCM and Fuse box different times, yet nothing. I have scanned and scanned. I have programmed and programmed. Nothing.

I am told it should be wiring fault. And i am very careful which rewired to give it to. So, that he will not destroy the car.

HELP!!!!
Re: FX35 Electrician Needed. by autologic: 8:55am On Aug 11, 2020
starnuel:
Hello House, I have an issue with my Infiniti fx35 2005. It is a tokunbo I bought in February thus year before the lockdown. Before the lockdown, it was working perfectly. When the lockdown started, I parked it but unfortunately the heavy rain at the period came in through the roof.

I air dried the car and started covering the car. After the lockdown, I wanted to ho out and realised that the wiper, the ac, the side mirrors stopped working at the same time.

There is nothing I have not done to get them working. Gone to different self proclaimed professionals, nothing. I went to First Gate Auto village, nothing. I went to ladipo and changed BCM and Fuse box different times, yet nothing. I have scanned and scanned. I have programmed and programmed. Nothing.

I am told it should be wiring fault. And i am very careful which rewired to give it to. So, that he will not destroy the car.

HELP!!!!
Location ?
Re: FX35 Electrician Needed. by empron(m): 8:39am On Aug 21, 2020
starnuel:

HELP!!!!
find someone with alldata wiring diagram the issues is within IPDM and BCM wiring.

(1) (Reply)

UBER/BOLT Driver Needed Urgently / Average Fuel Usage For Mazda 626 1997 Model 2.0 Engine / Tinted Glass Wahala

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.