Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,486 members, 7,836,903 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:20 PM

Nigeria Is A Joke - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Is A Joke (2915 Views)

Jonathan's Youwin Is A Joke. Nigerians Take Note And Demand Your Rights / Why Nigeria Is Underdeveloped. / David Mark As New Senate President: A Joke? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Is A Joke by bgees(m): 12:08am On Jun 21, 2010
redsun:

The only thing that make sense to individuals like you are dead matters like who is better between dead beat obasanjo and dead beat ibb or jonathan.Issues that can liberate you,rattles you and when oyinbos say we are not mentally matured enough to solve fundamental problems as a people we will say they are racist but the facts are all quite glaring we can't solve problems.
You must have thought u were making a point when u started this topic but sorry we all know that , so SHUT UP and stop complaining when u can't do anything to help the current situation.

ode.
Re: Nigeria Is A Joke by Nobody: 12:19am On Jun 21, 2010
ifele:

Best thing is for Nigeria to just break up. Let the Yorubas and Ibos get their own nation-states.
Are those the only tribes in Nigeria? Apply common sense plz
Re: Nigeria Is A Joke by redsun(m): 8:17am On Jun 21, 2010
bgees:

You must have thought u were making a point when u started this topic but sorry we all know that , so SHUT UP and stop complaining when u can't do anything to help the current situation.

ode.

You are either a disillusioned idiotic nigerian or a foolish rogue nigerian,known on this forum already for your blatant idiocy but using a different ID to disguise it but still u can't hide.

Ignorance is infectious,it follows u wherever u go.
Re: Nigeria Is A Joke by tkb417(m): 9:43am On Jun 21, 2010
What does ekiti have to do with this? I've lived in Lagos in the 90s and it was better then than now. So carry go with your patriotism

hehe

im sure the oshodis alaba, Mushin, idumotas u knew in 90s arent the same as we have today
not sure we had BRT lanes in 90s
not sure we had gardens, well laid lawns and stuffs in the 90s

and im not sure the Teslim balogun stadium was built in 90s

how did you arrive at your conclusion moreso when u havent stepped into Lagos in years?
Re: Nigeria Is A Joke by spikedcylinder: 9:45am On Jun 21, 2010
I wonder.
Re: Nigeria Is A Joke by tkb417(m): 10:22am On Jun 21, 2010
Debosky, you have an ego to autoeroticise - kosovo
wtf is this?
Re: Nigeria Is A Joke by spikedcylinder: 10:24am On Jun 21, 2010
Part of a letter from Kosovo to Debosky I find hilarious. Isn't it clear?
Re: Nigeria Is A Joke by tkb417(m): 10:32am On Jun 21, 2010
spikedcylinder:

Part of a letter from Kosovo to Debosky I find hilarious. Isn't it clear?
autoeroticise?

whats that?

na wa o
Re: Nigeria Is A Joke by Cohomology: 11:21am On Jun 21, 2010
I agree with OP, Nigeria is a joke.

The level of ignorance and stupidity in Nigeria is appalling. And the sad part is that too many Nigerians just love it that way.
Re: Nigeria Is A Joke by EzeUche(m): 1:11pm On Jun 21, 2010
FL Gators:

Are those the only tribes in Nigeria? Apply common sense plz

We are the only tribes that matter.

Some tribes only have 100,000 people. Never heard of a nation that only has 100,000 people.
Re: Nigeria Is A Joke by Litmus: 1:37pm On Jun 21, 2010
To destroy something you have understand the nature of the thing. It's no good armchair traveling with CNN or BBC or listening to your bitter old dad or mum, or being foreign and jealous or full of hate because of perceived slight or because a Nigerian outsmarted you, travel to Nigeria as opposed to lying that you did and find out for yourself.  If you hope to destroy Nigeria or break it up, if more palatable to you, making  false claims and ranting wont get you anywhere.  Nigerians arn't fools nor is Nigeria worst that any black African country. Nigeria is a huge complex place, its economy perhaps far larger and more influential in the west Africa sub region than you would like to believe. 

Stereotyping has proved a powerful weapon in destroying African/black people’s but I sense Nigeria is rapidly passing the stage whereby demonisation is going to have any effect. All the hellholes, maggots, paedophiles, filths, garbage’s, scum of the earth remarks are beginning to sound hollow and desperate with overuse.   

In many ways ranting is proof you've already lost, its a bit like calling the coconut rotten just because you couldnt get at the innards.
Re: Nigeria Is A Joke by maddock(m): 2:42pm On Jun 21, 2010
Yes o, I agree with you but the Vashanis brothers are fightin tooth and nail to get back to this joke called Nigeria.Let's face its only people that can't survive that would call the country a joke. Even commedians and jokers like Ali baba,Basketmouth,Julius Agwu etc do not see the country as a joke.
Re: Nigeria Is A Joke by ezeagu(m): 3:09pm On Jun 21, 2010
Litmus:

Nigerians arn't fools nor is Nigeria worst that any black African country.

Nigeria is worse of than some black African countries.

Litmus:

Nigeria is a huge complex place, its economy perhaps far larger and more influential in the west Africa sub region than you would like to believe.

What has Nigeria got to show for it's gigantic economy? Infrastructure? No. Standard of living? No.

Litmus:

Stereotyping has proved a powerful weapon in destroying African/black people’s but I sense Nigeria is rapidly passing the stage whereby demonisation is going to have any effect. All the hellholes, maggots, paedophiles, filths, garbage’s, scum of the earth remarks are beginning to sound hollow and desperate with overuse.

They're sounding "hollow and desperate" because people are getting used to these levels of humanity, and we have people telling Nigerians that they are the 'biggest economy ever' so they don't have to criticise their country.

maddock:

Yes o, I agree with you but the Vashanis brothers are fightin tooth and nail to get back to this joke called Nigeria.Let's face its only people that can't survive that would call the country a joke. Even commedians and jokers like Ali baba,Basketmouth,Julius Agwu etc do not see the country as a joke.

So all those that are surviving do not see Nigeria as a joke? Why would comedians paid thousands of dollars come out and say Nigeria is a joke?
Re: Nigeria Is A Joke by maddock(m): 3:22pm On Jun 21, 2010
That's exactly the point they are getting paid in this "jokist" enclave. When are we going to get tired of coming here to whine like little spoilt brat.Nigeria is failed state,Nigeria is a joke blah blah blah. What have we as individual done to challenge and change the status quo.Change begins with just one person with that idea. Its high time we stop complaining about the darkness.We should try lighting either the candle,the bush lamp,gas lamp etc or anytin that will give us a little light. Or alternatively we should all SHUT the hell up,cos you all are no different from those in power.
Re: Nigeria Is A Joke by Litmus: 3:24pm On Jun 21, 2010
@ezeagu  (m)

Take it or leave it, descending into nitpicking every point wont change matters on the ground, suffice it to say i have experienced village life, poverty in towns, middle class life, upper-class life in Nigeria and foreign living too. Nigeria is not a place you can dismiss easily. In fact i am sure that many people who pronounce on Nigeria haven't set foot on Nigerian soil because as a Nigerian i can see where they're going wrong in trying to fabricate a reality which just does not stand.

Actually, Ezeagu, whats eating you up? undecided

Are you a poor man suffering in Nigeria at the moment and angry because you're hungry?

did you loose personal family members to religious riots in the north and so you're bitter ?

are you a Humanist of the highest order and weep at the suffering, as you see  it, of your fellow man?

what's gotten you so rabid? tell me and maybe i can help.

I mean, i can actually understand why a foreigner might want to disparage my country using derogatory images but not why a Nigerian would do so unless they have really biter experiences and even then i question why they would do so unless they are militant rebels wanting leadership role otherwise they would offer constructive ways forward.
Re: Nigeria Is A Joke by Golders: 3:54pm On Jun 21, 2010
THANK GOSH I LEFT. NIGERIA HAS BECOME THE LAUGHING STOCK OF THE WHOLE WORLD. EVEN ZIMBABWEANS DESPISE NIGERIA AND NIGERIANS. WHAT A SHAME!
Re: Nigeria Is A Joke by Litmus: 3:57pm On Jun 21, 2010
See, the above is very likely a foreigner  grin because what they have stated means nothing and leaves a lot of clues as to where they may have originated.
Re: Nigeria Is A Joke by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jun 21, 2010
tkb417:

hehe

im sure the oshodis alaba, Mushin, idumotas u knew in 90s arent the same as we have today
not sure we had BRT lanes in 90s
not sure we had gardens, well laid lawns and stuffs in the 90s

and im not sure the Teslim balogun stadium was built in 90s

how did you arrive at your conclusion moreso when u havent stepped into Lagos in years?

Since you've lived in Lagos and know what goes on, you might be right, so i can't argue with that. However, I feel that the Lagos I left has become more chaotic, condensed and dangerous.

Last time I went to Lagos was in this decade, and I still stand by my posts.

EzeUche:

We are the only tribes that matter.

Some tribes only have 100,000 people. Never heard of a nation that only has 100,000 people.
I tire for you. . . .so Yoruba and Igbo are the only tribes with more than 100,000 ppl?

EzeUche, how do I say "Dont make me castrate you" in Igbo?
Re: Nigeria Is A Joke by SEFAGO(m): 4:21pm On Jun 21, 2010
Ezeuche is ultraretarded lol

Anyways nothing ever changes in Africa haha grin
Re: Nigeria Is A Joke by sjeezy8: 4:39pm On Jun 21, 2010
ifele:

Best thing is for Nigeria to just break up. Let the Yorubas and Ibos get their own nation-states.

Nigeria can break up, I dont care- but I wont be the one to break it up. lol
AND I WONT VOTE FOR IT TO BREAK UP. Im not suffering jare.
In every country there stages everyone goes through to reach the top Nigerias case isnt any different- my own opinion.

There are people suffering in EVERY COUNTRY in the world.
Re: Nigeria Is A Joke by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jun 21, 2010
sjeezy8:

Nigeria can break up, I dont care- but I wont be the one to break it up. lol
AND I WONT VOTE FOR IT TO BREAK UP. Im not suffering jare.

Talking from MD, enjoying correct traffic, lavishing in constant electricity and AC. Dont have to worry much multitasking thieves/police. Cables HBO dey, politicians can be vilified/convicted . . . . I mean, should you really be suffering, so why should it matter to you?

yeye boy undecided tongue
Re: Nigeria Is A Joke by sjeezy8: 4:46pm On Jun 21, 2010
FL Gators:

Talking from MD, enjoying correct traffic, lavishing in constant electricity and AC. Dont have to worry much multitasking thieves/police. Cables HBO dey, politicians can be vilified/convicted . . . . I mean, should you really be suffering, so why should it matter to you?

yeye boy undecided tongue

They have all that in naija also . . . so what are you talking about? My parents live in naija- so its not a big deal to me.
Re: Nigeria Is A Joke by SEFAGO(m): 4:47pm On Jun 21, 2010
^What does breaking up have to do with improving any of these? undecided
Re: Nigeria Is A Joke by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jun 21, 2010
SEFAGO:

^What does breaking up have to do with improving any of these? undecided
It's his "I'm not suffering" that's irking me up.

Why dont you ask them that wants to break up. . . . most of them [ie EzeUche] thinks that breaking up is going to change everything. . . .

sjeezy8:

They have all that in naija also . . . so what are you talking about? My parents live in naija- so its not a big deal to me.
You did. . . .some ppl like moi, didnt.

Stuff like that should not be seen as a privilege, for the rich.  Just because you're not suffering does not mean that you shouldnt care.
Re: Nigeria Is A Joke by mamagee3(f): 4:57pm On Jun 21, 2010
The sermon preaching has just begun. . .

I have read the comments of ignorant, hypocritical thugs in these forum.

Most I can say are quite pointless!
Re: Nigeria Is A Joke by sjeezy8: 4:59pm On Jun 21, 2010
FL Gators:

Stuff like that should not be seen as a privilege, for the rich.  Just because you're not suffering does not mean that you shouldnt care.

and . . . . its not a big deal in America everyone doesnt have cable television, people get shot in the hood all the time- so whats the difference.

People in suburban America have the same "im not suffering mentality"- so why should Nigeria be any different.

Those things happen everywhere and in EVERY COUNTRY.
Re: Nigeria Is A Joke by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jun 21, 2010
sjeezy8:

and . . . . its not a big deal in America everyone doesnt have cable television, people get shot in the hood all the time- so whats the difference.

People in suburban America have the same "im not suffering mentality"- so why should Nigeria be any different.

Those things happen everywhere and in EVERY COUNTRY.
Agreed, it happens in every country. but because of that, something should not be done to decrease it?

Even tho, i do not support the break up of Nigeria, I still understand the plies of peeps on this forum that wants to break up with Nigeria because they think it'll suddenly change everything [which it really is not]. . . . You shouldnt vilify them because it is not affecting you. You're "not suffering".
You better start caring because it is going to affect you too wink
Re: Nigeria Is A Joke by tkb417(m): 5:16pm On Jun 21, 2010

That's exactly the point they are getting paid in this "jokist" enclave. When are we going to get tired of coming here to whine like little spoilt brat.Nigeria is failed state,Nigeria is a joke blah blah blah. What have we as individual done to challenge and change the status quo.Change begins with just one person with that idea. Its high time we stop complaining about the darkness.We should try lighting either the candle,the bush lamp,gas lamp etc or anytin that will give us a little light. Or alternatively we should all SHUT the hell up,cos you all are no different from those in power.

Guy ure always on point!!!!

Nigeria is this, Nigeria is that and yet, they live abroad
what have they done to make Nigeria better?
nothing and they are the first to cry in soprano

na wa o!!!
yeye talk.

Leave Nigerians in Nigeria to complain cos u cant be shouting hoarse from another mans country expecting ur slaves to fix things for u
if u want changes, get d fck down here and fix it
if u cant fix this, shut the hell up!!!!!!!!
Re: Nigeria Is A Joke by sjeezy8: 5:19pm On Jun 21, 2010
FL Gators:

Agreed, it happens in every country. but because of that, something should not be done to decrease it?

Even tho, i do not support the break up of Nigeria, I still understand the plies of peeps on this forum that wants to break up with Nigeria because they think it'll suddenly change everything [which it really is not]. . . . You shouldnt vilify them because it is not affecting you. You're "not suffering".
You better start caring because it is going to affect you too wink

I never said I didnt care I said "Im not suffering"- meaning if I can enjoy naija then its very possible for everyone to enjoy it.  Of course it wont be at the same time- because everyone cant be at the top.

but in different stages- One thing about Nigeria is you can be poor one day and be a millionaire the next.

Complaining about Nigeria is just dumb- because if migrants from other countries can come to Nigeria and find a "better life" than their old country. Then Nigeria isnt that bad.

In lagos now there are growing communties from India, China ESP  the Lebanese ,Benin, Togo, Sierra leone, Liberia etc . .  So obviously theres something in Nigeria. wink
Re: Nigeria Is A Joke by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jun 21, 2010
sjeezy8:

I never said I didnt care I said "Im not suffering"- meaning if I can enjoy naija then its very possible for everyone to enjoy it.  Of course it wont be at the same time- because everyone cant be at the top.

but in different stages- One thing about Nigeria is you can be poor one day and be a millionaire the next.

Complaining about Nigeria is just dumb- because if migrants from other countries can come to Nigeria and find a "better life" than their old country. Then Nigeria isnt that bad.

In lagos now there are growing communties from India, China ESP  the Lebanese ,Benin, Togo, Sierra leone, Liberia etc . .  So obviously theres something in Nigeria. wink
This makes sense.

But you cant give the props to a foreigner making it in Naija. . . . Nigerians would rather give an opportunity to a foreigner than to themselves.
Re: Nigeria Is A Joke by ezeagu(m): 5:42pm On Jun 21, 2010
Litmus:

@ezeagu  (m)

Take it or leave it, descending into nitpicking every point wont change matters on the ground, suffice it to say i have experienced village life, poverty in towns, middle class life, upper-class life in Nigeria and foreign living too. Nigeria is not a place you can dismiss easily. In fact i am sure that many people who pronounce on Nigeria haven't set foot on Nigerian soil because as a Nigerian i can see where they're going wrong in trying to fabricate a reality which just does not stand.

People are also fabricating reality by saying Nigeria isn't worse of than any other African country. It's annoying when people constantly complain about the country when they offer no solutions, but it is even more annoying when people act like the country is anything above a very low standard.

Litmus:

@ezeagu  (m)

Actually, Ezeagu, whats eating you up? undecided

Are you a poor man suffering in Nigeria at the moment and angry because you're hungry?

did you loose personal family members to religious riots in the north and so you're bitter ?

are you a Humanist of the highest order and weep at the suffering, as you see  it, of your fellow man?

what's gotten you so rabid? tell me and maybe i can help.

I mean, i can actually understand why a foreigner might want to disparage my country using derogatory images but not why a Nigerian would do so unless they have really biter experiences and even then i question why they would do so unless they are militant rebels wanting leadership role otherwise they would offer constructive ways forward.

It's too easy to believe everyone criticising Nigeria is a foreigner. This is one of the excuses Nigerians always make when there's something wrong, start pointing outside to people who are not the problem. There are Nigerians who haven't been through anything but have sense enough to know Nigeria is a shame. I responded to people talking about Nigeria as if it is on a working level to ask them whether this is true, if wrong facts are going to be challenged then all of it should, including the one inflating Nigeria's achievements.

sjeezy8:

The USA is now a moral guide.

sjeezy8:

The Chinese have come to buy you. grin I guess the Lebanese are coming to Nigeria for the health care? grin
Re: Nigeria Is A Joke by sjeezy8: 5:50pm On Jun 21, 2010
Everyone in Nigeria will complain when they hit that jackpot they'll be singing a different tune.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Igbo Deportee From Lagos Dies, Five Others In Critical Health Condition / Buhari : Corrupt, Tribalist, Jihadist & Human Right Abuser / Facts About The National E-id Card

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.