Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,899 members, 7,834,984 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 11:42 PM

Aminu Tambuwal Visits Ikpeazu In Abia - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aminu Tambuwal Visits Ikpeazu In Abia (18635 Views)

Davido Hangs Out With Governors Wike, Makinde, Ortom, Ikpeazu In Europe (Photo) / Atiku Hosts Ikpeazu In His Abuja Home: Pictures / Tambuwal Visits Atiku In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aminu Tambuwal Visits Ikpeazu In Abia by frowland(m): 1:30pm On Aug 06, 2018
geometricaxis:

fayose cannot win an election in sw. You are obviously not from the SW. It seems many people from the south east have bought into the fayose hype and adopted him because he is anti-buhari and making noise up and down. Fayose is seen as an slowpoke in yoruba land by both the elite and the masses. in his own state of Ekiti even if he wins Ekiti all he will contribute to PDPs total is 50,000 votes. That is the margin of victory in all Ekiti elections one way or another and that is the extent of his influence. The total number of voters in Ekiti is 400k...fayose is not an asset. Fayose could not even deliver Ekiti for his own succesor!!! PDP's best bet is to look for a known apolitical technocrat in the SW

Haha, I am not a Fayose fan nor PDP follower - Far from it. . I am just pointing out an my observations based on last PDP national convention.
Re: Aminu Tambuwal Visits Ikpeazu In Abia by win2kwire: 1:36pm On Aug 06, 2018
OBJ will do to Buhari what he did to GEJ!
Re: Aminu Tambuwal Visits Ikpeazu In Abia by Nobody: 1:38pm On Aug 06, 2018
aribisala0:
What has being from the SW got to do with anything.

Are you saying anyone from the SW must agree with your analysis?

will you vote for fayose?
Re: Aminu Tambuwal Visits Ikpeazu In Abia by aribisala0(m): 1:46pm On Aug 06, 2018
geometricaxis:

will you vote for fayose?
If I would or would not does not make the argument. So it is irrelevant.

My point is let us avoid the fallacy of authority or argumentum ad verecundiam

I am neither agreeing or disagreeing with your argument but the underpinning logic of "being from the SW" as if somehow everyone from the SW would share your argument or perspective. We both know that is nonsense.
It is in the SW that you find two brothers or father and son in different parties
Coming or not comiing from the SW does not do anything for your argument
Re: Aminu Tambuwal Visits Ikpeazu In Abia by Nobody: 1:46pm On Aug 06, 2018
win2kwire:
OBJ will do to Buhari what he did to GEJ!

The problem with a lot of gladiators is they dont know when to quit the stage. They believe their own hype and in the end they destroy themselves. Repuations are a mixture of fact and illusion, timing and luck. A good example is Arsene Wenger. Good examples of people who know when to quit are fergusson and IBB. OBJ and Saraki right now are in a high stakes gamble because they are taking on the establishment from a point of weakness. They will either enhance their reputations in 2019 or consign themselves to the garbage heap, there is no middle ground. We are watching!! But to think that because OBJ has in the past always decided the president and Saraki has always been on the wiining side and so it will continue to be is foolhardy, eventually every phenomenon ends. I;m not saying they cant do it once again but the odds as at today are stacked against them. they are both taking on the powers that be with a weak hand. In all their previous conquests theyve had the establishment behind them and hence the upper hand.
Re: Aminu Tambuwal Visits Ikpeazu In Abia by Nobody: 1:59pm On Aug 06, 2018
aribisala0:
If I would or would not does not make the argument. So it is irrelevant.

My point is let us avoid the fallacy of authority or argumentum ad verecundiam

I am neither agreeing or disagreeing with your argument but the underpinning logic of "being from the SW" as if somehow everyone from the SW would share your argument or perspective. We both know that is nonsense.
It is in the SW that you find two brothers or father and son in different parties
Coming or not comiing from the SW does not do anything for your argument

It is relevant because the point of contention is that fayose is/is not a viable VP candidate. I say with conviction 2 things 1) the southwest will not vote for a SE candidate and 2) the SW will not vote for Fayose

If you then equate that to mean "everyone" from the SW then i think the problem lies with you and your understanding of the English language. People who understand English understand that the "SW will not vote for fayose" means Fayose cannot deliver enough votes in the Sw to make any difference for PDP. I am not here to compensate for your lack of English comprehension. Sort that out for yourself

I dont know how you can accuse me of generalising in one beath and in another breath be telling me "you and I know" what do you and I know? Arent you being a hypocrite?

Fayose's influence in SW does not extend beyond Ekiti and Ekiti is the smallest state which BTW he lost. You dont have to like what i am saying !!

1 Like

Re: Aminu Tambuwal Visits Ikpeazu In Abia by aribisala0(m): 2:15pm On Aug 06, 2018
geometricaxis:

It is relevant because the point of contention is that fayose is/is not a viable VP candidate. I say with conviction 2 things 1) the southwest will not vote for a SE candidate and 2) the SW will not vote for Fayose

If you then equate that to mean "everyone" from the SW then i think the problem lies with you and your understanding of the English language. People who understand English understand that the "SW will not vote for fayose" means Fayose cannot deliver enough votes in the Sw to make any difference for PDP. I am not here to compensate for your lack of English comprehension. Sort that out for yourself

Fayose's influence in SW does not extend beyond Ekiti and Ekiti is the smallest state which BTW he lost. You dont have to like what i am saying !!

There is a reason why we were asked to "show our working" in school.
Getting the "right" answer is not the issue but how you get there

I am not interested in what you are contending. I am interested in LOGIC

The fact is there is more than one perspective in the SW and you cannott use coming from the SW as an underpinning for your position. Not everyone from the SW has the same opinion.
The same logic would apply to Nigeria as a whole if it were true. So that question of saying a person is or is not this or that as a buttress for argument is ILLOGICAL

You are entirely entitled to have convictions like any other person. Many before you have had convictions and many after you have long been buried will continue to do so That is how Baba Ijebu makes money ( off other people's convictions)
Well if anyone has a problem with English it must be you read my lips
I am not talking about the content of your beliefs on Fayose but that singular claim that

any person who believes Fayose can win an election in the SW is not from the SW.

That is not true. Several people from the SW believe that whether they are in the majority remains to be seen. We shall all see.

But to say anyone who believes what you do not believe is not from the SW is just wrong.

All the nonsense you are writing about English is not only childish it is tangential to the issue here. At no point dd I talk about Fayose so my issue is not with what Fayose will or will not do but your claim that the person disagreeing with you is not from the SW because of a difference in opinion
Not everyone from the SW shares your perspective .That is my singular point and I have no interest in arguing who is right or wrong but do not argue from fallacy
:

1 Like

Re: Aminu Tambuwal Visits Ikpeazu In Abia by Nobody: 2:20pm On Aug 06, 2018
aribisala0:

There is a reason why we were asked to "show our working" in school.
Getting the "right" answer is not the issue but how you get there

I am not interested in what you are contending. I am interested in LOGIC

The fact is there is more than one perspective in the SW and you cannott use coming from the SW as an underpinning for your position. Not everyone from the SW has the same opinion.
The same logic would apply to Nigeria as a whole if it were true. So that question of saying a person is or is not this or that as a buttress for argument is ILLOGICAL

You are entirely entitled to have convictions like any other person. Many before you have had convictions and many after you have long been buried will continue to do so That is how Baba Ijebu makes money ( off other people's convictions)
Well if anyone has a problem with English it must be you read my lips
I am not talking about the content of your beliefs on Fayose but that singular claim that

any person who believes Fayose can win an election in the SW is not from the SW.

That is not true. Several people from the SW believe that whether they are in the majority remains to be seen. We shall all see.

But to say anyone who believes what you do not believe is not from the SW is just wrong.

All the nonsense you are writing about English is not only childish it is tangential to the issue here.
Not everyone from the SW shares your perspective .That is my singular point and I have no interest in arguing who is right or wrong but do not argue from fallacy
:

my friend all this long talk, Logic would dictate that if I say Fayose cannot win in the SW, then by inference people from the SW (who are the people who will do the voting) do not beleive he can win. Put fayose or a SE VP there and lets see, 2019 is only a few months away. I'm not going anywhere but this is Monday, too early in the week for pedantic arguments!
Re: Aminu Tambuwal Visits Ikpeazu In Abia by aribisala0(m): 2:25pm On Aug 06, 2018
geometricaxis:

my friend all this long talk, put fayose or a SE VP there and lets see, 2019 is only a few months away. I'm not going anywhere but this is Monday, too early in the week for pedantic arguments!
Well you are the one engaged in pedantic nonsense.

I have not commented AT ALL on Fayose what I am saying is that there are many people who have a different opinion from you ARE FROM THE SW
You could actually be right on Fayose but this idea that those who differ cannot be from the SW is foolish and illogical
Re: Aminu Tambuwal Visits Ikpeazu In Abia by Nobody: 2:29pm On Aug 06, 2018
aribisala0:
Well you are the one engaged in pedantic nonsense.

I have not commented AT ALL on Fayose what I am saying is that there are many people who have a different opinion from you ARE FROM THE SW
You could actually be right on Fayose but this idea that those who differ cannot be from the SW is foolish and illogical

bearing in mind that Fayose is the issue:

lets see your logical reasoning again

aribisala0:
I have not commented AT ALL on Fayose

aribisala0:
Well you are the one engaged in pedantic nonsense

Since you need help,
pedantic
pɪˈdantɪk/
adjective
adjective: pedantic

excessively concerned with minor details or rules; overscrupulous.
"his analyses are careful and even painstaking, but never pedantic"
synonyms: overscrupulous, scrupulous, precise, exact, over-exacting, perfectionist, precisionist, punctilious, meticulous, fussy, fastidious, finical, finicky; More

go figure!!!
Re: Aminu Tambuwal Visits Ikpeazu In Abia by aribisala0(m): 2:34pm On Aug 06, 2018
geometricaxis:

bearing in mind that Fayose is the issue:

lets see your logical reasoning again

Since you need help,
pedantic
pɪˈdantɪk/
adjective
adjective: pedantic

excessively concerned with minor details or rules; overscrupulous.
"his analyses are careful and even painstaking, but never pedantic"
synonyms: overscrupulous, scrupulous, precise, exact, over-exacting, perfectionist, precisionist, punctilious, meticulous, fussy, fastidious, finical, finicky; More

go figure!!!

Says the one methodically cutting and pasting. You are ridiculous.

You even went to copy the meaning of pedantic

Guy LOOK IN THE MIRROR
I simply called you out on a logical lacuna and you do not have the decency or humility to admit you are wrong

The dude disagrees with you on Fayose and you say

He is not from the SW

The logic of that is everyone from the SW would share your view. Is that logical?

That is my only issue now whether Fayose can or will win I do not know but many people in the SW beliee in the PDP project and they are in the millions. That is the reality. Whether they are majority is a different matter but the SW is not a homogenous politicaal space. It never has been
Re: Aminu Tambuwal Visits Ikpeazu In Abia by Nobody: 2:37pm On Aug 06, 2018
aribisala0:

Says the one methodically cutting and pasting. You are ridiculous.
I simply called you out on a logical lacuna and you do not have the decency or humility to admit you are wrong

The dude disagrees with you on Fayose and you say

He is not from the SW

The logic of that is everyone from the SW would share your view. Is that logical?

That is my only issue now whether Fayose can or will win I do not know but many people in the SW beliee in the PDP project and they are in the millions. That is the reality. Whether they are majority is a different matter but the SW is not a homogenous politicaal space. It never has been

Find something doing. see how you occupied one whole page without adding any value to the forum. The rest of the forum are only interested in whether or not fayose can deliver and since you do not disagree with me, everything else you are saying is irrelevant. Go and look for a job if you have nothing to add but to argue for the sake or arguing on a monday with your shadow
Re: Aminu Tambuwal Visits Ikpeazu In Abia by aribisala0(m): 2:41pm On Aug 06, 2018
geometricaxis:

Find something doing. . The rest of the forum are only interested in whether or not fayose can deliver and since you do not disagree with me, everything else you are saying is irrelevant. Go and look for a job if you have nothing to add but to argue for the sake or arguing
You have this penchant for speaking for everyone. Now you are speaking for Nairaland and not the SW? If an idea enters your head then it must be reality.

You are the one Arguing

My point is
coming from the SW is irrelevant to your argument.

It has not changed and I stand on it.

Whatever you beliee about Fayose. Coming from the SW does not make you better placed to make that argument because many others equally from the SW have a diametrically opposite perspective. So it is IRRELEVANT
Re: Aminu Tambuwal Visits Ikpeazu In Abia by Nobody: 2:42pm On Aug 06, 2018
clap for yourself!!

the irony is that you cant see the error of your logic but to point it out to you would take another 3 or 4 pages
Re: Aminu Tambuwal Visits Ikpeazu In Abia by africanusvu(m): 2:53pm On Aug 06, 2018
tsephanyah:
Political suicide

“Some people might try to tell you that it’s a banana. They might scream, ‘Banana, banana, banana,’ over and over and over again. They might put BANANA in all caps. You might even start to believe that this is a banana. But it’s not. This is an apple.”

Baba sak
.don't u av anything else to say.u av over repeated this in every thread since yestday.OK.maybe u just learn a new slang.it becoming boring
Re: Aminu Tambuwal Visits Ikpeazu In Abia by aribisala0(m): 3:05pm On Aug 06, 2018
There are only two realistic contenders Atiku and Saraki. Their success is doubtful but money can do wonders
Re: Aminu Tambuwal Visits Ikpeazu In Abia by fabianjay101(m): 4:09pm On Aug 06, 2018
tsephanyah:
Political suicide

“Some people might try to tell you that it’s a banana. They might scream, ‘Banana, banana, banana,’ over and over and over again. They might put BANANA in all caps. You might even start to believe that this is a banana. But it’s not. This is an apple.”

Baba sak
lol.. but what are you trying to say?
Re: Aminu Tambuwal Visits Ikpeazu In Abia by Didcot: 4:11pm On Aug 06, 2018
kcmichael:
Sokoto State Governor Aminu Tambuwal is currently on a Visit to the Abia State Governor Dr Okezie Ikpeazu at the Government House Umuahia.

Tambuwal Last week Defected from the Peoples Democratic Party to the All Progressives Congress.

Defected from the APC to PDP, not from PDP to APC, you fu...cking idi.....ot!
Re: Aminu Tambuwal Visits Ikpeazu In Abia by win2kwire: 4:19pm On Aug 06, 2018
geometricaxis:

The problem with a lot of gladiators is they dont know when to quit the stage. They believe their own hype and in the end they destroy themselves. Repuations are a mixture of fact and illusion, timing and luck. A good example is Arsene Wenger. Good examples of people who know when to quit are fergusson and IBB. OBJ and Saraki right now are in a high stakes gamble because they are taking on the establishment from a point of weakness. They will either enhance their reputations in 2019 or consign themselves to the garbage heap, there is no middle ground. We are watching!! But to think that because OBJ has in the past always decided the president and Saraki has always been on the wiining side and so it will continue to be is foolhardy, eventually every phenomenon ends. I;m not saying they cant do it once again but the odds as at today are stacked against them. they are both taking on the powers that be with a weak hand. In all their previous conquests theyve had the establishment behind them and hence the upper hand.

Pal,
Buhari is not any "powers that be", he uses threats and violence to achieve most things in his personal and professional life.
GEJ caved in EVEN before elections because like most timid Nigerians he is fearful of Northern violence, GEJ did not have any national and international goodwill, OBJ has.
The international community knows Buhari uses Northern terrorist groups as deterrent when he does not win elections or gets his way - that is why he is always reluctant to publicly denounce them! He is obliged to observe some decorum during and after elections as that is exactly what got him elected in the first place (despite being unqualified) - He will not of course, and as a result will be treated as any violent Islamic dictatorship at home and abroad!

The writing is on the wall, there are things you don't know that the defectors do. A position of weakness is having to spend most of your ruling time fighting to win back defectors and when not possible castigate them in public with untruths. I suspect Tinubu and others are next and that will be the final nail in Buhari's coffin.

As for me, I always knew Buhari as a useless, corrupt-by-proxy individual from the days when he commanded by dad's unit. He will never fool people like me and those who believed in him are no different from majority of Nigerians believing in fake pastors and imams!

He is one of the remaining old dogs of the Kaduna mafia, he needs to go for the country to move ahead, his lack of education, lack of open mindedness, mediocrity, religious bigotry and tribalism all add to his dated mentality. No 21st century democracy should have a mor0n like Buhari as president! It is a disgrace period!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Aminu Tambuwal Visits Ikpeazu In Abia by gidgiddy: 4:38pm On Aug 06, 2018
geometricaxis:

I wish our Ibo brothers would recognise realities and stop being emotional. APC is busy gaining ground on PDP heartland of the SE and SE. When I say gaining ground I dont mean taking over but chipping away at their lead, it all adds up. Once Akpabio defects APC will have 2 of the 3 senate seats in the state, similarly there have been a few defections in the SE (cant remember the senator or governor). PDP cannot afford to give the VP slot to someone from the SE because it means they will not get Sw votes whichis a precondition to even think about defeating Buhari. So when you think about tit rationally, there is nothing for the SE in the presidency come 2019. If PDP wins it wont be with a SE VP. So I dont get what all the noise is about?

How many Igbo do you see agitating for the Presidency of Nigeria? There are other things that are far more important than who becomes President
Re: Aminu Tambuwal Visits Ikpeazu In Abia by ufuosman(m): 5:04pm On Aug 06, 2018
Incoming president
Re: Aminu Tambuwal Visits Ikpeazu In Abia by Mccullum: 5:42pm On Aug 06, 2018
Hmm is this NEWS undecided
Re: Aminu Tambuwal Visits Ikpeazu In Abia by GetCofOProperty: 6:35pm On Aug 06, 2018
Politicians with their cunning moves and deceptive associations/alliances..

You can check my signature just here in blue below this line.
Re: Aminu Tambuwal Visits Ikpeazu In Abia by Banmeallday: 6:37pm On Aug 06, 2018
That is all they know, how to be visiting fellow rogues, attending weddings, and all jokes....

Meanwhile no single world class structure in their place
Re: Aminu Tambuwal Visits Ikpeazu In Abia by AskProf: 10:17pm On Aug 06, 2018
win2kwire:

Pal,
Buhari is not any "powers that be", he uses threats and violence to achieve most things in his personal and professional life.
GEJ caved in EVEN before elections because like most timid Nigerians he is fearful of Northern violence, GEJ did not have any national and international goodwill, OBJ has.
The international community knows Buhari uses Northern terrorist groups as deterrent when he does not win elections or gets his way - that is why he is always reluctant to publicly denounce them! He is obliged to observe some decorum during and after elections as that is exactly what got him elected in the first place (despite being unqualified) - He will not of course, and as a result will be treated as any violent Islamic dictatorship at home and abroad!

The writing is on the wall, there are things you don't know that the defectors do. A position of weakness is having to spend most of your ruling time fighting to win back defectors and when not possible castigate them in public with untruths. I suspect Tinubu and others are next and that will be the final nail in Buhari's coffin.

As for me, I always knew Buhari as a useless, corrupt-by-proxy individual from the days when he commanded by dad's unit. He will never fool people like me and those who believed in him are no different from majority of Nigerians believing in fake pastors and imams!

He is one of the remaining old dogs of the Kaduna mafia, he needs to go for the country to move ahead, his lack of education, lack of open mindedness, mediocrity, religious bigotry and tribalism all add to his dated mentality. No 21st century democracy should have a mor0n like Buhari as president! It is a disgrace period!!!

Really?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Job Scam: Police Rescue 50 Stranded Foreigners In Lagos Building / Nigerian Troops Neutralize Gunrunners, Recover Weapons In Sokoto / 2023 Presidency: Don’t Denigrate Yourself By Joining APC, Sagay Warns Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.