Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,675 members, 7,862,112 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 08:52 AM

Phrases You Use Often That Affects Your Attitude To Work - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Phrases You Use Often That Affects Your Attitude To Work (209 Views)

The Difference Between The Phrases “you And Me” And “you And I” / 12 Wrong English Sentences And Phrases You Have Been Making In Ignorance / Confusing English Words/Phrases You Probably Do Not Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Phrases You Use Often That Affects Your Attitude To Work by gomtas: 12:45pm On Aug 06, 2018
An excerpt from William Shakespares says that there is something in a name. We ought to be careful about the kind of comments or utterances we make on daily bases. What we say very often has a way of defining who we are and what we can do. It also to a large extend inspire peoples perception about us.

At work, most specifically, some are used to making funny statements that's often not quite encouraging especially among their colleagues. This article is meant to do an exposition on some of these phrases that do not motivate you and work and why you should quit using it.

“That is not my job.”
Instead of saying this phrase, try to soften your tone and remind your co-worker your real responsibilities and then, tell him or her, “If I can find time after finishing my tasks, I would be happy to help.” In this way, you show your co-worker empathy and responsibility.

See related projects on a workers attitude to work

“I don’t know.”
Well, you may not always have the answers but instead, you can show that you are interested in finding out. You can ask someone who knows or simply go on the internet and google something. Show your co-workers that you are chasing for the answers.

“That is impossible, I cannot do it.”
Nothing is impossible, everything is possible if you look through the right angle. Are you sure you have considered all the options? Don’t be the negative and pessimistic one in the workplace. Develop a can-do attitude. Instead try this phrase, “What I can do on this issue is….”

“I don’t like to work with them.”
No one expects you to like all of your co-workers but you should behave professionally and be able to meet them in the middle. You may have different characters and working styles but try to find a way to work together because this is what makes a team. Try to take advantage of your differences and do a great job as a team.

Need a writer ? click here

(1) (Reply)

The Global Revolution In Military Affairs And Combat Effectiveness: Challenges A / Real & Short Way To Pass Oracle 1Z0-813 Exam 2018 / Niger Delta University, Ndu Post Utme Result 2018/2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.