Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,514 members, 7,861,461 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 12:45 PM

Neda's Death, Iran Movement Continues- Will We (nigerians) Ever Have The Courage - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Neda's Death, Iran Movement Continues- Will We (nigerians) Ever Have The Courage (529 Views)

Opinion Pool: Can Nigerians Ever Be One Again? / Tribalism Vs Democracy - Can Africans/Nigerians Ever Break The Yoke Of Tribalism / Can Nigerians Ever Have A Young President? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Neda's Death, Iran Movement Continues- Will We (nigerians) Ever Have The Courage by Meddler(f): 5:15pm On Jun 20, 2010
Let me start by apologizing. If I posted this is in the wrong section Mods please feel free to move.
I'm sure we are pretty familiar with Neda's story and the Iran movement. I couldn't help but ponder if we (Nigerian's) will ever have the same courage portrayed by Iranians to stage a protest against our government. What makes us so different from the Iranians. We continue to witness injustice, corruption, poverty on a day to day basis and yet seem incapable to doing anything against it. Have we (Nigerians) lost our voices or just plain complacent and learnt to live with our many problems.

Isn't it time we use our voices to speak our truth and be heard. We won't have such deep rooted problems if we've spoken up a long time ago. But we held on to our truth hoping that someone else will provide us with voices. Isn't about time we said enough is enough and tackled this problem head on.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/meast/06/20/iran.neda.anniversary/index.html

I leave you with this quote to ponder
How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror
V

I'm sure I'll probably read an eye full but I ask you to please take a moment and refelect on what's seriously wrong with us before responding to this post.

(1) (Reply)

Ibori Anti-protest Bribe Money By Delta State Govt Sends Man To Early Grave / Request For Purchase Of 3b/r Bungalow At Oregun,ojodu,ogba,or Alausa.budget N20m / Research / Data Analysis Made Easy!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.