Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,093 members, 7,814,838 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:38 PM

Jumia Deal Scam Alert - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Jumia Deal Scam Alert (3206 Views)

Scam Alert: Ncc Disowns Fake Website Offering To Unbar Sims Without Nin Linkage / Scam Alert...his Full Name And Account Details / Gionee M7 Price In Nigeria (jumia & Slot) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jumia Deal Scam Alert by Helen56: 4:02pm On Aug 06, 2018
beware of those people on Jumia deal selling phone. I saw an adver on Jumia deal of an Infinix hot 6 pro phone of 20000 posted by Alhaja Joyce Yakubu. I contacted her and she told me to pay a commission of 5000 first into an account name wilfred precious, 3124741019 first bank. she claimed the owner of the account is a Jumia secretary and she is working under Jumia. I transferred the money and it was confirmed. then she said Jumia said I should pay 50% before the phone will be sent to me. I transferred the money and she said it didn't reflect, I transferred it again making a total of 20000. then she said he has given the driver the package and gave me the driver's number. I called the man and he confirmed that he was bringing it to my address. only for me to call the man later and he said he was held by some boys and they demanded he pay them 5000. I called back the woman and she told me to pay 2000 to the driver's account so he can bring the package. I insisted she should be the one to give the driver the money. she told me if I don't pay the money he can't bring the package. then I realized that I had been duped. pls don't buy any phone online or pay money to anybody's account for whatever reason

3 Likes

Re: Jumia Deal Scam Alert by Kings1930(m): 4:14pm On Aug 06, 2018
YOU BE MUMU

11 Likes

Re: Jumia Deal Scam Alert by kvngjesse(m): 4:17pm On Aug 06, 2018
You're just dumb undecided

10 Likes

Re: Jumia Deal Scam Alert by Nobody: 4:21pm On Aug 06, 2018
[s]
Helen56:
beware of those people on Jumia deal selling phone. I saw an adver on Jumia deal of an Infinix hot 6 pro phone of 20000 posted by Alhaja Joyce Yakubu. I contacted her and she told me to pay a commission of 5000 first into an account name wilfred precious, 3124741019 first bank. she claimed the owner of the account is a Jumia secretary and she is working under Jumia. I transferred the money and it was confirmed. then she said Jumia said I should pay 50% before the phone will be sent to me. I transferred the money and she said it didn't reflect, I transferred it again making a total of 20000. then she said he has given the driver the package and gave me the driver's number. I called the man and he confirmed that he was bringing it to my address. only for me to call the man later and he said he was held by some boys and they demanded he pay them 5000. I called back the woman and she told me to pay 2000 to the driver's account so he can bring the package. I insisted she should be the one to give the driver the money. she told me if I don't pay the money he can't bring the package. then I realized that I had been duped. pls don't buy any phone online or pay money to anybody's account for whatever reason
[/s] that's good for you. Because it's boldly written on that platform not to send any money till you see the goods you're buying, you think you're wise buying hot6 pro for 20k

10 Likes

Re: Jumia Deal Scam Alert by Helen56: 4:36pm On Aug 06, 2018
Princeofnigeria:
[s][/s] that's good for you. Because it's boldly written on that platform not to send any money till you see the goods you're buying, you think you're wise buying hot6 pro for 20k
pls no insult it can happen to anybody

3 Likes

Re: Jumia Deal Scam Alert by henry007(m): 4:54pm On Aug 06, 2018
Helen56:

No proof that such exists on Jumia
Re: Jumia Deal Scam Alert by Helen56: 5:19pm On Aug 06, 2018
henry007:

No proof that such exists on Jumia
just google jumia deals
Re: Jumia Deal Scam Alert by henry007(m): 5:24pm On Aug 06, 2018
Helen56:
just google jumia deals

Screenshot it
Re: Jumia Deal Scam Alert by JamieP: 5:43pm On Aug 06, 2018
I don't know what to say�
Re: Jumia Deal Scam Alert by ITbomb(m): 8:38pm On Aug 06, 2018
Helen56:
No Miss, it can't happen to just anyone, only mumu can be used like that

7 Likes

Re: Jumia Deal Scam Alert by newjosboy: 8:55pm On Aug 06, 2018
Helen56:

He duped himself. Hiw would he transfer money for goods on Jumia, twice for that matter before delivery?
It cannot happen to anybody who wants to buy anything legit. It cannot happen! He was greedy.

1 Like

Re: Jumia Deal Scam Alert by Ifeanyi4491(m): 9:18pm On Aug 06, 2018
Op You Be GOAT

1 Like

Re: Jumia Deal Scam Alert by lastbaff(m): 10:13pm On Aug 06, 2018
I can't believe this is happening in 2018 grin
Re: Jumia Deal Scam Alert by Beemhan(m): 11:15pm On Aug 06, 2018
Helen56:
This OP is the model that was used to create i.. Diots
Re: Jumia Deal Scam Alert by pweshboi(m): 6:43am On Aug 07, 2018
Haba, this is unbelievable. So their are still Nigerians that are liable to scams? Even after all the enlightenment and stories you hear everyday@op you still fell for this cheap scam? Well maybe you wanted to buy an iPhone 7 for 20k who knows. But I'm sure the phone you were scammed of was more than 20k, maybe its value is 40 or 50k and you were received by tagging it 20k. Kpele count your loss and learn from it.
Re: Jumia Deal Scam Alert by ednut1(m): 7:38am On Aug 07, 2018
Awuff dey run belle. Only greedy pple get scammed
Re: Jumia Deal Scam Alert by bamac(m): 9:16am On Aug 07, 2018
Helen56:
then I realized that I had been duped. pls don't buy any phone online or pay money to anybody's account for whatever reason

The quoted isbthe only thing that got my attention, not all those ones you typed up there because you wanted to be duped. Even a used phone of the one you wanted to buy is more than 20k. On Jumia, payment on delivery is item and location dependant, hence, if your order is to ne prepaid there is nothing you can do tham to pay before you get your item.

Don't conclude that because you are duped then everyone is a scammer as from the beginning of your odeal it is so clear that you are on the way to lose your money.

I cannot count the numbers of nairalanders that have trusted me with their money and they all got what they requested for with no extra charge whatsoever as the item is from Jumia and delivered by Jumia or third party courier.

Use reliable and trustworthy Jumia Sales consultant instead and not just anybody.

Sorry for the lose.

1 Like

Re: Jumia Deal Scam Alert by MrBONE2(m): 11:26am On Aug 07, 2018
newjosboy:

He duped himself. Hiw would he transfer money for goods on Jumia, twice for that matter before delivery?
It cannot happen to anybody who wants to buy anything legit. It cannot happen! He was greedy.

Good to see that the Oups Voluntary serves as Labrat for Scammybeings test and the result for him is Perfect Mumu grin

1 Like

Re: Jumia Deal Scam Alert by Freeko4: 1:08pm On Aug 07, 2018
ur mumu dey smell from a mile away
Re: Jumia Deal Scam Alert by odysey: 2:20pm On Aug 07, 2018
Helen56:

you can get your money back or put the account owner on black list. reach the cpc and other fraud fighting agencies, also notify your bank, try a reversal.

1 Like

Re: Jumia Deal Scam Alert by CTS07(m): 5:56pm On Aug 07, 2018
Helen56:
Na lie, if you wise you wise, if you mumu you mumu...
Re: Jumia Deal Scam Alert by stano2(m): 6:00pm On Aug 07, 2018
Anywhere you see alhaja Yakubu or Hajara Sabo just pick race.
Infact check if these numbers were they ones u called.
0706 960. 5736*
0703 6062904*
0903 3 764 978*
Re: Jumia Deal Scam Alert by LadyHeaven(f): 9:27pm On Aug 07, 2018
Jumia deal is their arm of classified ecommerce like Jiji and olx, Jumia isn't liable for your loss, lesson learnt. Pursue it through black listing the account or you move on.

1 Like

Re: Jumia Deal Scam Alert by HenriFayol(m): 11:12pm On Aug 07, 2018
Helen56:

I feel your pain. Report to your bank if they can help you.

(1) (Reply)

Guys Help! My phone's fingerprint scanner just disappeared / Please I Need To Know Where I Can Buy Screen Touch For Snokor Z5000 Phone Thanks / Tecno Spark 4 Reviews, Full Specifications And Price In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.