Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,402 members, 7,812,178 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:34 AM

Scam Alert: Ncc Disowns Fake Website Offering To Unbar Sims Without Nin Linkage - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Scam Alert: Ncc Disowns Fake Website Offering To Unbar Sims Without Nin Linkage (7450 Views)

SIM-NIN Linkage: NCC Gives Update On 11.2m Blocked Mobile Lines / SIM-NIN Linkage: NCC Rules Out Extension, Telcos Bar 12 Million Lines / NCC Reveals What’ll Happen To People Without NIN After October 31 Deadline (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Scam Alert: Ncc Disowns Fake Website Offering To Unbar Sims Without Nin Linkage by qekng40(f): 3:38pm On Apr 12, 2022
AUTHOR:
Wasilat Azeez
APRIL 12, 2022
11:39 AM

Scam Alert: Ncc Disowns Fake Website Offering To Unbar Sims Without Nin Linkage

The Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) has warned Nigerians whose subscriber identity module (SIM) cards were barred from making calls to beware of a viral website offering to unblock their lines.

The agency issued the disclaimer in a statement signed by Ikechukwu Adinde, its public affairs director. Last week, the federal government directed telecommunication companies to bar outgoing calls on all unlinked lines.

Unlinked lines are SIM cards not yet linked with NIN.

So far, around 72 million unlinked SIM cards have been affected by the NIN-SIM linkage policy.

According to the statement, the commission said that affected SIMs will not be unbarred by the service providers until they are linked with the national identification numbers (NINs) of the SIM holders.

The NCC said the warning became necessary in view of the
viral weblink (https:///NCC-Sim-Unbar-Gov-Ng) being
circulated on social media and some websites.

It added that the link and accompanying narrative represent
patent misinformation and disinformation designed to mislead the general public about the SIM cards that are barred from making calls, due to non-linkage with NIN at the set deadline.

The “misleading, viral” website also displays the NCC logo and promises members of the public that by clicking the web link and following further instructions in that regard, subscribers with barred SIM cards can unbar such SIMs across mobile networks without a valid NIN.

The commission urged members of the public to disregard
the website.

“For the avoidance of doubt, the NCC wishes to state categorically that it never issued such statement, directing
subscribers or indicating that subscribers can unbar their SIM
without a NIN,” the NCC said.

“As such, the originators and peddlers of the spurious
message were out to mischievously mislead unsuspecting
members of the public and should, therefore, be disregarded
in its entirety.

“The NCC is the national regulatory authority for telecommunications in Nigeria, and it is co-driving the process of the NIN-SIM linkage with the National Identity Management Commission (NIMC) as directed by the Federal Government.

“The Commission will not, under any circumstance, act contrary to Federal Government’s directive to MNOs to bar SIMs cards not linked to NINs at the expiration of the last deadline given for the NIN-SIM linkage exercise.”

Mynd44
Seun
Lalasticlala

https://www.thecable.ng/scam-alert-ncc-disowns-fake-website-offering-to-unbar-sims-without-nin-linkage/amp

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Scam Alert: Ncc Disowns Fake Website Offering To Unbar Sims Without Nin Linkage by Sammy07: 5:34pm On Apr 12, 2022
Mtchheew
Re: Scam Alert: Ncc Disowns Fake Website Offering To Unbar Sims Without Nin Linkage by Honourable1901(m): 5:34pm On Apr 12, 2022
This nigeria na you tube channel ,this one fake ,that one fake ,every body just wan dey find means to extort another ..when buhari says lazy youth I no blame am,but him no still correct for making that statement..

Nigeria will be great again,after all the ritualist and fraudster began to meet thier waterloo
Re: Scam Alert: Ncc Disowns Fake Website Offering To Unbar Sims Without Nin Linkage by collinometricx: 5:34pm On Apr 12, 2022
Re: Scam Alert: Ncc Disowns Fake Website Offering To Unbar Sims Without Nin Linkage by Muyiwaipere(m): 5:34pm On Apr 12, 2022
I trust, Naija guyyz grin

When the head no correct... The whole body go suffer am

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scam Alert: Ncc Disowns Fake Website Offering To Unbar Sims Without Nin Linkage by Microsports: 5:34pm On Apr 12, 2022
when them tire them go unban all the sims
I have a Lenovo laptop for sale(8gb 500hdd core i7 good ba3 life,very neat,price is 120k location is owerri
Re: Scam Alert: Ncc Disowns Fake Website Offering To Unbar Sims Without Nin Linkage by Ethanuella: 5:35pm On Apr 12, 2022
Wahala be like NIN
Re: Scam Alert: Ncc Disowns Fake Website Offering To Unbar Sims Without Nin Linkage by Morribus: 5:35pm On Apr 12, 2022
Spidy

1 Like

Re: Scam Alert: Ncc Disowns Fake Website Offering To Unbar Sims Without Nin Linkage by Naija4love(m): 5:35pm On Apr 12, 2022
Naija4love:
grin grin grin Sim way boys done dey unblock for long. Respect naija guys. Many sim is unblocked by smart guys in street.
grin cheesy grin i knew all this no be today
Re: Scam Alert: Ncc Disowns Fake Website Offering To Unbar Sims Without Nin Linkage by Eriokanmi: 5:35pm On Apr 12, 2022
Ok. But you guys aren't trying. If the motive of blocking unregistered lines was to detect lines being used by terrorists and criminal elements, you're only chasing shadows because you know them but only pampering them and their sponsors. The longer you delay fishing them out, the closer we are to secession because were tired of all these killings. The Benue attack today is worrisome. See that baby slaughtered like a ram undecided

6 Likes

Re: Scam Alert: Ncc Disowns Fake Website Offering To Unbar Sims Without Nin Linkage by beautyfunke(m): 5:36pm On Apr 12, 2022
Trace the tribe that is behind the website..you know that people from eastern part of Nigeria, 2nd china

1 Like

Re: Scam Alert: Ncc Disowns Fake Website Offering To Unbar Sims Without Nin Linkage by Ogaga87(m): 5:36pm On Apr 12, 2022
Yahoo youths roaming about and always picking on every opportunity to defraud people..

Children of the devil

May the lord have mercy on them
Re: Scam Alert: Ncc Disowns Fake Website Offering To Unbar Sims Without Nin Linkage by ipobarecriminals: 5:36pm On Apr 12, 2022
angry Baztardz
Re: Scam Alert: Ncc Disowns Fake Website Offering To Unbar Sims Without Nin Linkage by MathewOG(m): 5:36pm On Apr 12, 2022
thanks for the info
Re: Scam Alert: Ncc Disowns Fake Website Offering To Unbar Sims Without Nin Linkage by ipobarecriminals: 5:37pm On Apr 12, 2022
angry angry
angry angry
angry
angry
May lightening strike patami and his NIN

2 Likes

Re: Scam Alert: Ncc Disowns Fake Website Offering To Unbar Sims Without Nin Linkage by Shsshgsvs: 5:37pm On Apr 12, 2022
Ok

Re: Scam Alert: Ncc Disowns Fake Website Offering To Unbar Sims Without Nin Linkage by Houseofglam7(f): 5:37pm On Apr 12, 2022
Mad people everywhere
Re: Scam Alert: Ncc Disowns Fake Website Offering To Unbar Sims Without Nin Linkage by Lanre4uonly(m): 5:40pm On Apr 12, 2022
Ok. It is noted.
Re: Scam Alert: Ncc Disowns Fake Website Offering To Unbar Sims Without Nin Linkage by TalkTalkTwins(m): 5:40pm On Apr 12, 2022
grin
Re: Scam Alert: Ncc Disowns Fake Website Offering To Unbar Sims Without Nin Linkage by Harshweather(m): 5:42pm On Apr 12, 2022
Anything Nigerian will take advantage, the number one most controversial corn tree�.
Re: Scam Alert: Ncc Disowns Fake Website Offering To Unbar Sims Without Nin Linkage by 9japarrot: 5:45pm On Apr 12, 2022
Something is fishy shocked

2 Likes

Re: Scam Alert: Ncc Disowns Fake Website Offering To Unbar Sims Without Nin Linkage by Nobody: 5:45pm On Apr 12, 2022
I thank God i don start making call today without linked my line mumu people una think say people go link am lie lie

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Scam Alert: Ncc Disowns Fake Website Offering To Unbar Sims Without Nin Linkage by Realists(m): 5:55pm On Apr 12, 2022
2saviourfriday9:
I thank God i don start making call today without linked my line mumu people una think say people go link am lie lie

Tell us the way to follow, smart guy ?
Re: Scam Alert: Ncc Disowns Fake Website Offering To Unbar Sims Without Nin Linkage by bigdammyj: 5:56pm On Apr 12, 2022
Okay
Re: Scam Alert: Ncc Disowns Fake Website Offering To Unbar Sims Without Nin Linkage by Shellsploit: 5:56pm On Apr 12, 2022
Useless country
Re: Scam Alert: Ncc Disowns Fake Website Offering To Unbar Sims Without Nin Linkage by AntiBMC(m): 6:09pm On Apr 12, 2022
What about the old man and woman in the village...who don't have an inkling of what is going on.. talkless of knowing what nin is?

These pant abi whatever he calls himself is a clown. They are barring sims and they think they have arrived. The Sim owners are losing, the Telecom companies are losing, the govt is also losing because they won't be getting any more vat from the unlinked sims.

I won't be surprised if MTN and others pack up and leave one of these days. The nigerian atmosphere is strangulating for businesses..... especially since these backward pple took over.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ten Reasons Why I Dumped Whatsapp For Telegram / Latest Symbian Os Phone Antivirus Software / Etisalat Bis On Android Phone And Pc Now Working Perfectly!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.