Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,520 members, 7,819,868 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:17 AM

MOUAU Students Protest, Graduates Of 2 Years Yet To Undergo NYSC Experience - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / MOUAU Students Protest, Graduates Of 2 Years Yet To Undergo NYSC Experience (20813 Views)

1953 Photo Of Pioneer Female Graduates Of The University Of Ibadan / 2 MOUAU Students Found Dead In Their Room In Abia / NASU Strike: MOUAU Students Charge Phones In Large Number (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MOUAU Students Protest, Graduates Of 2 Years Yet To Undergo NYSC Experience by linearity: 8:41pm On Aug 06, 2018
Babyforever:
They should find something productive to do with their time because NYSC it's a waste of time

Not any more NYSC allowee is N49,800/month. Any wise corper should be able to save enough to start a lucrative business venture, after the one year of service.
Re: MOUAU Students Protest, Graduates Of 2 Years Yet To Undergo NYSC Experience by Paul112(m): 8:57pm On Aug 06, 2018
The acronym sounds like a chinese name
Re: MOUAU Students Protest, Graduates Of 2 Years Yet To Undergo NYSC Experience by Edondo2018: 9:01pm On Aug 06, 2018
And I guess you have forgotten than without this so call wasteful NYSC certificate, you can't get employed by top companies in Nigeria

Babyforever:
They should find something productive to do with their time because NYSC it's a waste of time

1 Like

Re: MOUAU Students Protest, Graduates Of 2 Years Yet To Undergo NYSC Experience by Teeceepat(f): 9:05pm On Aug 06, 2018
[quote author=sotallcomputers post=70044208]What kinda acronym is MOUAU?

Micheal okpara university of agriculture umudike
Re: MOUAU Students Protest, Graduates Of 2 Years Yet To Undergo NYSC Experience by Edondo2018: 9:05pm On Aug 06, 2018
I guess you are the one that implement the 49,800
linearity:

Not any more NYSC allowee is N49,800/month. Any wise corper should be able to save enough to start a lucrative business venture, after the one year of service.
Re: MOUAU Students Protest, Graduates Of 2 Years Yet To Undergo NYSC Experience by Consula: 9:11pm On Aug 06, 2018
sotallcomputers:
What kinda acronym is MOUAU?

grin grin
Read the initial post again, it was stated there.
Re: MOUAU Students Protest, Graduates Of 2 Years Yet To Undergo NYSC Experience by xamuel17(m): 9:12pm On Aug 06, 2018
gustav25:
sorry to ask but which departments?

Computer science
Re: MOUAU Students Protest, Graduates Of 2 Years Yet To Undergo NYSC Experience by xamuel17(m): 9:15pm On Aug 06, 2018
linearity:

Don't be fooled, it's Apc campaign strategy for 2019.... Nobody will get dt 49,800..... Do you knw how many govt workers that are crying about none payment of salary?

1 Like

Re: MOUAU Students Protest, Graduates Of 2 Years Yet To Undergo NYSC Experience by latexxbro(m): 9:18pm On Aug 06, 2018
sotallcomputers:
grin grin
Michael Okpara University Of Agriculture, Umudike.
And by the way u re welcome.
Re: MOUAU Students Protest, Graduates Of 2 Years Yet To Undergo NYSC Experience by ProfGday(m): 9:32pm On Aug 06, 2018
KendrickAyomide:
what you need is a brain
Kudos bro...Chop knuckle
Re: MOUAU Students Protest, Graduates Of 2 Years Yet To Undergo NYSC Experience by fergie001: 9:35pm On Aug 06, 2018
Re: MOUAU Students Protest, Graduates Of 2 Years Yet To Undergo NYSC Experience by gustav25: 9:37pm On Aug 06, 2018
xamuel17:

Computer science
Sorry for y'all
Re: MOUAU Students Protest, Graduates Of 2 Years Yet To Undergo NYSC Experience by fergie001: 9:41pm On Aug 06, 2018

4 Likes

Re: MOUAU Students Protest, Graduates Of 2 Years Yet To Undergo NYSC Experience by 001emeretus: 9:48pm On Aug 06, 2018
Mouau is now a shithole Tertiary institution where student's affairs are not considered, salaries are not been paid, in fact I just wish that this will get to the necessary body/ies and harken to the cry of so many students in MOUAU...
Re: MOUAU Students Protest, Graduates Of 2 Years Yet To Undergo NYSC Experience by expialidocious: 9:53pm On Aug 06, 2018
joshmee4real:

I was even trying to pronounce it, I jz sounded like a cow
I am an alumnus of the Institution.... carry time oh! cry undecided grin grin
Re: MOUAU Students Protest, Graduates Of 2 Years Yet To Undergo NYSC Experience by ztanleechima(m): 9:54pm On Aug 06, 2018
To those of you who think that this is not your problem or you aren't being affected, by the time you graduate, the VC is already out of the office. New VC will come in to tell you that your problem is systemic and that you will have to wait. This is the time to fight for it once and for all. Fight to help yourself! Fight to help your destiny!!!
Re: MOUAU Students Protest, Graduates Of 2 Years Yet To Undergo NYSC Experience by meekah: 10:04pm On Aug 06, 2018
xamuel17:
That's the same problem some depts is facing in my school {imsu}.... It's quite unfortunate that we live in a country we're the voice of the masses are never heard

The ministry of education needs to revisit this Nysc mobilization process how can somebody graduate and spend 2 yrs before going for service because of Backlog.

If we try to keep our minds busy with laptop now them go dey complain, abeg who una don empower? angry
the question i expect u to ask is who actually tied down this stundent is it the school/departmen,nysc or the student themselve ? ask intelligent question bro before passing blame okay
Re: MOUAU Students Protest, Graduates Of 2 Years Yet To Undergo NYSC Experience by xploiter(m): 10:25pm On Aug 06, 2018
You are wrong. Chemical Engineering department in that school has full 5 years accreditation. You can confirm with NUC.

fergie001:

I had my education there and served in time....
I also know someone who finished in 2015 ans served when due...

The new leadership of the university has a lot of issues surrounding it especially the VC,I don't want to confirm or deny but if I follow the news down there,it's not palatable...

Moreover,these departments are not fully registered and accredited.....I am aware of Chemical Engineering.....so it is important when you want to fill your UTME form that thorough questions be asked about the school....

The school no be beans aha...we wey graduate that time know say e strong......Great Umudyke
Re: MOUAU Students Protest, Graduates Of 2 Years Yet To Undergo NYSC Experience by Flozinny94: 10:36pm On Aug 06, 2018
tensazangetsu20:
Cant they go and learn a trade or something while waiting for the NYSC lipsrsealed

Dude receive sense na, just ask God for sense and stop disgracing your generation here.
Re: MOUAU Students Protest, Graduates Of 2 Years Yet To Undergo NYSC Experience by Flozinny94: 10:37pm On Aug 06, 2018
expialidocious:

I am an alumnus of the Institution.... carry time oh! cry undecided grin grin

If you cant pronounce it, do me a favour and go to bed! Stop embarrassing your lineage here. Rubbish
Re: MOUAU Students Protest, Graduates Of 2 Years Yet To Undergo NYSC Experience by chimoskyg(m): 10:42pm On Aug 06, 2018
how i was dyin for this uni
Re: MOUAU Students Protest, Graduates Of 2 Years Yet To Undergo NYSC Experience by Mypeople2(m): 10:43pm On Aug 06, 2018
Babyforever:
But they need the certificate to apply for jobs
Re: MOUAU Students Protest, Graduates Of 2 Years Yet To Undergo NYSC Experience by sammychimex(m): 10:46pm On Aug 06, 2018
fergie001:

I had my education there.

Moreover,these departments are not fully registered and accredited.....I am aware of Chemical Engineering.....so it is important when you want to fill your UTME form that thorough questions be asked about the school....

The school no be beans aha...we wey graduate that time know say e strong......Great Umudyke

Greatest SUG presido.engineer in society.I greet u sir. But it's a pity if chemical engineering hasn't been accredited since 2011.

1 Like

Re: MOUAU Students Protest, Graduates Of 2 Years Yet To Undergo NYSC Experience by MAJORBANKZ(m): 10:48pm On Aug 06, 2018
Franklyspeakin:
instead of the v.c prof francis ogbonaya otunta to focus on running the school he is there playing useless politics in the university. the university lost accreditations in several depts since his assumption, sallaries are being owed, the only new development was rebuilding an already existing fence then buying himself an official car worth 45million. he got a student in accounting dept pregnant then bought her a car and later flew her abroad. he sacked 854 people then started a quiet employment which included his wife and several kinsmen. Efcc is after him, Auditor general of the Federation says moneys are not being remited, Senate after an inquiry ordered the reinstatement of the 854 sacked staff and termed their removal illegal. SGF said the sacked staff salaries are still coming so where are they going too?? The university has now been relegated to a mockery of its old self. lectures are now getting students pregnant and no disciplinary action is taken (e.g prof osadeke a national exco of ASUU). a major federal government intervention is needed to revive that institution.
charles osadeke in the dept of computer sci. got someone pregnant?

1 Like

Re: MOUAU Students Protest, Graduates Of 2 Years Yet To Undergo NYSC Experience by oloripelebe2: 10:59pm On Aug 06, 2018
this is a deliberate act to marginalize universities in biafla. we wl surely have our refelendum this year
Re: MOUAU Students Protest, Graduates Of 2 Years Yet To Undergo NYSC Experience by MissNicole01(f): 11:19pm On Aug 06, 2018
This should be as a result of non accreditation of these departments by the NUC. MOUAU... my alma mater.

1 Like

Re: MOUAU Students Protest, Graduates Of 2 Years Yet To Undergo NYSC Experience by dlectura(m): 12:29am On Aug 07, 2018
Greatest Umudyke... Una do well oh... Well sha MOUAU no be beans, if you know you know.
Re: MOUAU Students Protest, Graduates Of 2 Years Yet To Undergo NYSC Experience by xamuel17(m): 1:13am On Aug 07, 2018
meekah:
the question i expect u to ask is who actually tied down this stundent is it the school/departmen,nysc or the student themselve ? ask intelligent question bro before passing blame okay
? It's always a departmental issue
Re: MOUAU Students Protest, Graduates Of 2 Years Yet To Undergo NYSC Experience by Victor234(m): 2:24am On Aug 07, 2018
sotallcomputers:

grin grin
It means Michael Okpara University of Agriculture Umudike(MOUAU) Abia state. Formerly Federal University of Agriculture, Umudike (FUAU) Abia state. As the name implies, its basically a university of agriculture at Umudike, Abia State. In the last couple of years however, the institution has gone through some expansionist and re-branding processes which saw the introduction of some new courses and programmes in the arts,business and the social sciences, thus making it more of a conventional university, courtesy of the immediate former VC, professor Hillary O. Edeoga.
The institution is one of the places I hoped and worked towards security employment with, but it never materialized. cry cry cry
Re: MOUAU Students Protest, Graduates Of 2 Years Yet To Undergo NYSC Experience by fergie001: 2:38am On Aug 07, 2018
Re: MOUAU Students Protest, Graduates Of 2 Years Yet To Undergo NYSC Experience by Sima04: 4:39am On Aug 07, 2018
Franklyspeakin:
instead of the v.c prof francis ogbonaya otunta to focus on running the school he is there playing useless politics in the university. the university lost accreditations in several depts since his assumption, sallaries are being owed, the only new development was rebuilding an already existing fence then buying himself an official car worth 45million. he got a student in accounting dept pregnant then bought her a car and later flew her abroad. he sacked 854 people then started a quiet employment which included his wife and several kinsmen. Efcc is after him, Auditor general of the Federation says moneys are not being remited, Senate after an inquiry ordered the reinstatement of the 854 sacked staff and termed their removal illegal. SGF said the sacked staff salaries are still coming so where are they going too?? The university has now been relegated to a mockery of its old self. lectures are now getting students pregnant and no disciplinary action is taken (e.g prof osadeke a national exco of ASUU). a major federal government intervention is needed to revive that institution.
guy I dey tell u no be lie...I can tell u authoritatively dat d former v.c edeoga had only a Prado jeep and a hilux as security but dis one has a cull navigator plus one little but mighty Benz(s class) d u can wish to be inside not even own...den has a huge tundra as security vehicle but yet lecturers and oda staff keep complaining dat dey are not paid 100% salary month in month out....I know cos dats ma school and I saw na felloe Nigeria students as they were protesting.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Extension Of JAMB Result Validity: What Are The Possible Implications? / 4 Things To Do If This Year's Admission Did Not Favour You / Studying Medicine/ Being A Medical Doctor( Over Hyped )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.