Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,194 members, 7,815,168 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:27 AM

Buhari Approves Agency For Robotics And Artificial Intelligence In South-east - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Approves Agency For Robotics And Artificial Intelligence In South-east (682 Views)

Buhari Approves Appointments Of MD, Eds For NSPMC / Buhari Approves N73bn Road Project For Lagos, Okays Dangote As Contractor / Buhari Approves Appointment Of 28 New Judges [see Full List] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Buhari Approves Agency For Robotics And Artificial Intelligence In South-east by deji17: 6:44pm On Aug 06, 2018
Buhari approves agency for robotics and artificial intelligence in south-east

August 05

Ogbonnaya Onu, minister of science and technology, says President Muhammadu Buhari has approved the establishment of an agency on robotics and artificial intelligence(AI) for the south-east.

Onu made this known on Saturday at a grand rally of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Abakaliki, capital of Ebonyi state.

The rally which received defectors from the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) was attended by the national chairman of the party, Adams Oshiomhole.

Onu told the rally that in 2015, he pleaded with south-east not to put its eggs in one basket but it fell on deaf ears.

He said: “In 2015 I pleaded with the zone not to put our eggs in one basket. Today I want them to compare the 16 years of PDP and relate it with just 3 years of APC.

“The three years of APC is greater than the 16 years of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP); the second Niger bridge is nearing completion, the Enugu – Port-Harcourt and Enugu – Onitsha highways are in various levels of completion.”

“The time has come for the South East to be in the mainstream of Nigerian politics by voting for President Buhari and APC in 2019”.

Orji Uzor Kalu, former governor of Abịa state, said the new River Niger bridge, which the PDP could not construct in 16 years, has now reached 53 percent completion.

He said the south-east will give the president and APC majority of its votes in 2019 in appreciation for all the projects and democracy dividends he has given the zone.

https://www.thecable.ng/buhari-approves-agency-for-robotics-and-artificial-intelligence-in-south-east
Re: Buhari Approves Agency For Robotics And Artificial Intelligence In South-east by deji17: 6:48pm On Aug 06, 2018
Buhari is doing his own as the President of the country.
If SE appreciates him, all well and good. If not, due to bad belle, it is also all well and good.
Never the less, it will be on record that he is the first Nigerian President to come up with this initiative.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Approves Agency For Robotics And Artificial Intelligence In South-east by Nobody: 6:49pm On Aug 06, 2018
Nice one.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Approves Agency For Robotics And Artificial Intelligence In South-east by hisgrace090: 6:55pm On Aug 06, 2018
They're welcomed.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Approves Agency For Robotics And Artificial Intelligence In South-east by Immanuels7(m): 6:57pm On Aug 06, 2018
Can this be true? The same Buhari? I doubt it.. if truee then i see 2019 is around the corner

1 Like

Re: Buhari Approves Agency For Robotics And Artificial Intelligence In South-east by LuciferKristi: 6:58pm On Aug 06, 2018
deji17:
If SE appreciates him, all well and good. If not, due to bad belle, it is also all well and good.
Never the less, it will be on record that he is the first Nigerian President to come up with this initiative.

Tell that to kindergarten kids.

He's only doing it for SE votes - which he won't get.
He's creating a fictional agency which we all know he won't fund.

Tell him to channel the money for this agency into increasing sarrki, madridguy, ngeneukwuenu and all the other BMC zombies' salaries before they defect too. 30k is too meagre.

Sarrki's recent comments already show signs of hunger.
Earlier today, he was dragging bananas with a fellow zombie.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Approves Agency For Robotics And Artificial Intelligence In South-east by Nobody: 7:03pm On Aug 06, 2018
Buhari himself is a robot.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Approves Agency For Robotics And Artificial Intelligence In South-east by lastmanstandn(m): 7:11pm On Aug 06, 2018
deji17:

He’s doing a terrible job across board. Very much less than he promised in 2015, but very much more than 16 years of the PDP leadership at the Fed, and State levels. This is just another right project with a very wrong timing in a region that lacks basic federal amenities.
Re: Buhari Approves Agency For Robotics And Artificial Intelligence In South-east by deji17: 7:26pm On Aug 06, 2018
LuciferKristi:

Tell him to channel the money for this agency into increasing sarrki, madridguy, ngeneukwuenu and all the other BMC zombies' salaries before they defect too. 30k is too meagre.

You are entitled to your opinion the same way I am entitled to mine. Give the reason he is doing it any meaning, the fact that he has done it and previous Govt could not come up with the idea, that is fine by so many people. You may not even have voters card, but the almighty social media has given you the power to determine who will get SE votes and who will not. With the massive crowd that attends recent APC rally in Ebonyi state may be a pointer. Same with the Anambra election where APC got thousands of vote. Like they say all politics is local.
In reality APC did not need SE votes to produce the President in 2015 and certainly do not need it in 2019.
Due to the bad belle type of politics that guys like you play, South South is about to remove the carpet under your feet in 2019 by the way the region is embracing APC, leaving South East alone to continue with their poltics of blackmail and hatred.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Approves Agency For Robotics And Artificial Intelligence In South-east by chriskosherbal(m): 7:28pm On Aug 06, 2018
LuciferKristi:

grin cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Approves Agency For Robotics And Artificial Intelligence In South-east by Almaiga: 7:36pm On Aug 06, 2018
Buhari is working and the leaders of South East can testify to this.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Approves Agency For Robotics And Artificial Intelligence In South-east by proeast(m): 7:58pm On Aug 06, 2018
Rubbish and worthless news! All noise yet no substance, I think is high time we began to stone these bast.ards for trying to insult our sensibility everytime with all these lies. Do they think we are zombies or what?? They have started talking about Niger bridge again because election is around the corner. A supposed bridge that would be tolled to the last Kobo is now a great favour being done to Igbos!? But they have built bridges and underpass in the north, dry port and river port, speed rail and international airport at Kaduna etc not to talk of nepotistic appointments that favour only abo.kis. Aside his incompetence that is glaring are we to also turn a blind eye to the ongoing terrorism the id!ot of Daura is sponsoring?? I did not go to church yesterday because of PVC and I'm happy I got it. It's even a win win for us who don't believe in this unfortunate country again because if buhari crookedly forces himself on Nigerians in 2019 then I don't see how the country will escape the apocalypse that will ensue till 2023. I might even end up voting for that terrorist so he can fastfoward the break up of the zoo grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Approves Agency For Robotics And Artificial Intelligence In South-east by Nobody: 8:04pm On Aug 06, 2018
proeast:
Rubbish and worthless news! All noise yet no substance, I think is high time we began to stone these bast.ards for trying to insult our sensibility everytime with all these lies. Do they think we are zombies or what?? They have started talking about Niger bridge again because election is around the corner. A supposed bridge that would be tolled to the last Kobo is now a great favour being done to Igbos!? But they have built bridges and underpass in the north, dry port and river port, speed rail and international airport at Kaduna etc not to talk of nepotistic appointments that favour only abo.kis. Aside his incompetence that is glaring are we to also turn a blind eye to the ongoing terrorism the id!ot of Daura is sponsoring?? I did not go to church yesterday because of PVC and I'm happy I got it. It's even a win win for us who don't believe in this unfortunate country again because if buhari crookedly forces himself on Nigerians in 2019 then I don't see how the country will escape the apocalypse that will ensue till 2023. I might even end up voting for that terrorist so he can fastfoward the break up of the zoo grin

Proeast....u are a patriot.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Approves Agency For Robotics And Artificial Intelligence In South-east by deji17: 8:33pm On Aug 06, 2018
lastmanstandn:

He’s doing a terrible job across board. Very much less than he promised in 2015, but very much more than 16 years of the PDP leadership at the Fed, and State levels. This is just another right project with a very wrong timing in a region that lacks basic federal amenities.
The lack of basic infrastructure, is that not what Buhari met on ground? Is work not currently going on in Enugu - Onitsha road, Enugu - Portharcourt? Is work not currently going on the second Niger bridge? Has light improved in certain part of the east or not? Is the Ariara market electrification not providing power to the shop owners? Even when you have all the money in the world, can you complete certain projects within three years? Not witstanding, Nigeria oil earnings has drastically reduced ( in fact about 50% of previous years), yet infrastructure work is ongoing. Thousands of poor kids who attends public schools in SE are been fed. N- Power has employed thousands of youths from SE. But remember, those who earned 2 times what the current admin is earnning could not do these things. As for promise, it is better to quote what was promised rather than opposition lies. Govt is doing its job of providing infrastructure and ease of doing business. One of it is the Yen deal signed by Buhari. Govt cannot force people to work. Those who are used to free money especially from govt contracts and rents seeking cannot see the good in this Govt.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Approves Agency For Robotics And Artificial Intelligence In South-east by buhariguy(m): 8:36pm On Aug 06, 2018
This buhari sef.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Approves Agency For Robotics And Artificial Intelligence In South-east by SolutionMee: 9:24pm On Aug 06, 2018
What's the business of a dullard with technology

The worst thing that can ever happen to humanity is to give a terrorist a high-tech weaponry

By the way, Buhari needs an Artificial Intelligence to help optimize & resurrect his dead natural intelligence

A dead robot is better than a living Buhari
Re: Buhari Approves Agency For Robotics And Artificial Intelligence In South-east by lastmanstandn(m): 12:23am On Aug 07, 2018
deji17:
The lack of basic infrastructure, is that not what Buhari met on ground? Is work not currently going on in Enugu - Onitsha road, Enugu - Portharcourt? Is work not currently going on the second Niger bridge? Has light improved in certain part of the east or not? Is the Ariara market electrification not providing power to the shop owners? Even when you have all the money in the world, can you complete certain projects within three years? Not witstanding, Nigeria oil earnings has drastically reduced ( in fact about 50% of previous years), yet infrastructure work is ongoing. Thousands of poor kids who attends public schools in SE are been fed. N- Power has employed thousands of youths from SE. But remember, those who earned 2 times what the current admin is earnning could not do these things. As for promise, it is better to quote what was promised rather than opposition lies. Govt is doing its job of providing infrastructure and ease of doing business. One of it is the Yen deal signed by Buhari. Govt cannot force people to work. Those who are used to free money especially from govt contracts and rents seeking cannot see the good in this Govt.

Still doesn’t change a basic fact this project is wrong for this time when a simple basic traffic light is imported to Nigeria. Robotics is way advanced in the global and to catch up we have to crawl, walk, and run. We can’t just get up and start running. Na white elephant project bro. This is the last you’d hear about it.
Re: Buhari Approves Agency For Robotics And Artificial Intelligence In South-east by deji17: 12:40am On Aug 07, 2018
lastmanstandn:

Still doesn’t change a basic fact this project is wrong for this time when a simple basic traffic light is imported to Nigeria. Robotics is way advanced in the global and to catch up we have to crawl, walk, and run. We can’t just get up and start running. Na white elephant project bro. This is the last you’d hear about it.
I understand your point. Nigerians have had their hope dashed many times by the Govt. So I understand your pessimism. But at some point we have to start to beleive in ourselves and get the Govt to work for us all. Most times as private citizens we can play our own part as it is done elsewhere in the world. Govt cant do it all. They need our supports and belief in the Nigeria project as well.
Re: Buhari Approves Agency For Robotics And Artificial Intelligence In South-east by Mynd44: 1:02am On Aug 07, 2018

(1)

Where About Of Imo State APC Governorship Congress Chairman Unknown. IMSG. / LG Boss Warns Air Force Personnel Against Having S*x With Agatu Girls In Benue / Why I Cannot Be Removed As APC Chairman — Oshiomhole

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.