Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,406 members, 7,819,437 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:18 PM

Folded Scalp Medically Known As Cutis Verticis Gyrata - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Folded Scalp Medically Known As Cutis Verticis Gyrata (2978 Views)

My Head/scalp Pains After Haircut / Help My Scalp Was Burnt By Relaxer And Is Discharging Fluid / Sex Of Baby In Benue Is Yet To Be Known Days After Delivery (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Folded Scalp Medically Known As Cutis Verticis Gyrata by taozhand: 6:57pm On Aug 06, 2018
Hello nairalanders!
I have a prominent scalp fold and its quite disturbing. I started noticing the skin fold at age 16,I used to cut my hair low before, but due to this disease I can't do that now. Please is there anything I fit do to cure am.
After doing much research I have come across the condition. It is called Cutis Verticis Gyrata. Cutis verticis gyrata (CVG) is a descriptive term for a condition of the scalp manifesting as convoluted folds and furrows formed from thickened skin of the scalp resembling cerebriform pattern.
I wish to get rid of this folds before it worsens,anybody has an idea of how to get rid of it? God bless nairalanders.
For reference sake...attached pix.

Re: Folded Scalp Medically Known As Cutis Verticis Gyrata by bigtt76(f): 6:59pm On Aug 06, 2018
Really a disease? I thought it looks great on some guys I've met before though undecided I wish you healing in Jesus Name. See this https://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1113735-treatment ...might help!
Re: Folded Scalp Medically Known As Cutis Verticis Gyrata by taozhand: 7:20pm On Aug 06, 2018
Amen o! Thanks for the link, I have gone through it. I just wish to get rid of it, its giving me un wanted attention, stares and the likes.
Re: Folded Scalp Medically Known As Cutis Verticis Gyrata by Mrshape: 9:33pm On Nov 18, 2019
taozhand:
Hello nairalanders!
I have a prominent scalp fold and its quite disturbing. I started noticing the skin fold at age 16,I used to cut my hair low before, but due to this disease I can't do that now. Please is there anything I fit do to cure am.
After doing much research I have come across the condition. It is called Cutis Verticis Gyrata. Cutis verticis gyrata (CVG) is a descriptive term for a condition of the scalp manifesting as convoluted folds and furrows formed from thickened skin of the scalp resembling cerebriform pattern.
I wish to get rid of this folds before it worsens,anybody has an idea of how to get rid of it? God bless nairalanders.
For reference sake...attached pix.
Hello sir.
If you don't mind how did you manage your CVG condition
Re: Folded Scalp Medically Known As Cutis Verticis Gyrata by slimmax: 9:01am On Jun 19, 2022
Noticed am gradually getting it. Didn't have it before,
Update, false alarm it was the position I slept

(1) (Reply)

Unbelievable!! See This Infants Born With Two Male Organs (photo) / Top Alkaline Foods That Prevent Obesity, Cancer, And Heart Disease / Fair And White

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.