Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,025 members, 7,818,027 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:28 AM

Akwa Ibom Assembly Members Storm Govt House, Echo Support For Gov Udom Emmanuel - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akwa Ibom Assembly Members Storm Govt House, Echo Support For Gov Udom Emmanuel (2101 Views)

Ogun Indigenes Storm Govt House, Saying "We Are Hungry" (video) / Akwa Ibom Assembly Reconvenes, Suspend 11 Members / Proscribed IPOB Members Storm Church With Biafran Flags In Enugu (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akwa Ibom Assembly Members Storm Govt House, Echo Support For Gov Udom Emmanuel by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:45pm On Aug 06, 2018
Against the speculations of defections making the rounds in the state, members of the Akwa Ibom State House of Assembly, have reaffirmed support and solidarity to Governor Udom Emmanuel, insisting that their support is based on the superlative performance that has characterized his leadership in the state.

The position was made by the Speaker, Barr. Onofiok Luke, when he led his colleagues on the visit to the Governor in Government House, Uyo.

Barr Luke who regretted that two of his colleagues are absent due to official engagements outside the country, said “we came with the understanding that we were elected by Akwa Ibom people on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party and that the leader of that party, His Excellency, the Governor in the state has performed well and we on that platform of Peoples Democratic Party have come to show solidarity because of the performance that he has been able to put on ground.”

The Speaker, apparently reacting to issues in the political circle in the state, admitted that though there appears to be some setbacks, there was no doubt that the flight would progress to its envisaged destination in peace.

He reiterated their faith in God’s strength and in the leadership of Governor Emmanuel maintaining that they visited to show their total support to him, “so that at a time like this, he is not distracted, and can continue to deliver the dividends of Democracy for Akwa Ibom people.”

As members of the state legislature, the Speaker said, “We were not elected as Governors or members of the House of Assembly to be able to think about our personal interest. We were elected to carter for the well-being of Akwa Ibom people.”

He said that the easiest bet to fulfilling the wishes of their people is their unwavering support to the “Governor who is the vision bearer that he will have the enabling environment to be able to deliver unto Akwa Ibom people.”

“We came here to show solidarity and to show that he is our candidate for 2019, not only our candidate, that we will do all within our powers and all within the law to ensure that he returns to this Hiltop Mansion to complete his tenure as Governor just like every other person did in Akwa Ibom State in 2023.”

“Your Excellency, the House of Assembly is with you and we want Nigeria to know that the House is totally with you and because God is with you and because God is with us.”

Responding, Governor Emmanuel said as a state his people are not distracted, “we are highly focused, our party chairman is here, all of us here were elected on the platform of PDP.”

“We are known to be very loyal people, the Niger Delta people are very loyal, very very loyal and highly principled people. We don't just move like that.”

He said it was not possible to see a Niger Delta man who is on a canoe in the high sea jump inside the Atlantic Ocean on the basis of a storm.

“So we just want the world to know that we are at peace with ourselves, all is well with us as far as this union, this body is concerned and we leave the rest into God's hands and then we will see what God wants to do,” he added.

Reaffirming his belief in God, the Governor said, “this is God's own state, we reinstate our faith and reaffirm our faith in God and God alone,’ adding, “let the whole world know that we are PDP and PDP shall we be.”

News from Meflyn Anwana, Special Assistant (Digital Media) to Governor Udom Emmanuel

Re: Akwa Ibom Assembly Members Storm Govt House, Echo Support For Gov Udom Emmanuel by experimentist: 8:47pm On Aug 06, 2018
Sai Baba!

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Assembly Members Storm Govt House, Echo Support For Gov Udom Emmanuel by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:47pm On Aug 06, 2018
Cross section of Assembly members with Governor Udom Emmanuel at the Government House.

The Speaker, Onofiok Luke is the one on white shirt

Re: Akwa Ibom Assembly Members Storm Govt House, Echo Support For Gov Udom Emmanuel by kitaatita: 8:51pm On Aug 06, 2018
Akpabio was among those who welcomed defectors to PDP only to plan his defection few days later. Some of those pledging loyalty to the governor will still defect

5 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Assembly Members Storm Govt House, Echo Support For Gov Udom Emmanuel by sarrki(m): 8:51pm On Aug 06, 2018
Akpabio we know

Fake lawmakers

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom Assembly Members Storm Govt House, Echo Support For Gov Udom Emmanuel by sarrki(m): 8:52pm On Aug 06, 2018
They look malnourished

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Assembly Members Storm Govt House, Echo Support For Gov Udom Emmanuel by HappyNigerian: 8:55pm On Aug 06, 2018
Udom is all we know here. Akpabio time has come and gone

7 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Assembly Members Storm Govt House, Echo Support For Gov Udom Emmanuel by HappyNigerian: 8:56pm On Aug 06, 2018
sarrki:
They look malnourished
sharap

4 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Assembly Members Storm Govt House, Echo Support For Gov Udom Emmanuel by sarrki(m): 8:57pm On Aug 06, 2018
HappyNigerian:
sharap

E pepper Am

E pain am
Re: Akwa Ibom Assembly Members Storm Govt House, Echo Support For Gov Udom Emmanuel by sarrki(m): 8:58pm On Aug 06, 2018
kitaatita:
Akpabio was among those who welcomed defectors to PDP only to plan his defection fees days later. Some of those pledging loyalty to the governor will still defect

You should be named Nostradamus

The man who sees tomorrow
Re: Akwa Ibom Assembly Members Storm Govt House, Echo Support For Gov Udom Emmanuel by Pontaboki: 8:58pm On Aug 06, 2018
sarrki:
Akpabio we know

Fake lawmakers

Sarrki has suddenly turned pro Akpabio.Kai fear Afonja

3 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Assembly Members Storm Govt House, Echo Support For Gov Udom Emmanuel by ibibiofirstlady(f): 8:59pm On Aug 06, 2018
Akwa Ibom is happy with Udom. #UdomTill2023

3 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Assembly Members Storm Govt House, Echo Support For Gov Udom Emmanuel by sarrki(m): 9:00pm On Aug 06, 2018
Pontaboki:

Sarrki has suddenly turned pro Akpabio.Kai fear Afonja

Show me where o have ever insulted Akpabio?

I love him for his work while he was governor
Re: Akwa Ibom Assembly Members Storm Govt House, Echo Support For Gov Udom Emmanuel by sarrki(m): 9:01pm On Aug 06, 2018
ibibiofirstlady:

That’s a pure lie

Umana umana we know

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Assembly Members Storm Govt House, Echo Support For Gov Udom Emmanuel by papascode: 9:01pm On Aug 06, 2018
sarrki:
They look malnourished

SARRKI CALM DOWN WE HAVE THE LAST CARD WE WILL SOON CHECK UP. NAME TWO FEDERAL GOVERNMENT PROJECTS BUHARI STARTED AND COMPLETED. JUST 2 PROJECTS NATIONWIDE AND I CAN ASSURE YOU AKWA IBOM WILL FOLLOW AKPABIO. BUT FOR NOW AKPABIO IS ON HIS OWN!

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Assembly Members Storm Govt House, Echo Support For Gov Udom Emmanuel by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:01pm On Aug 06, 2018
sarrki:
Akpabio we know

Fake lawmakers
Akpabio can't cause Akwa Ibom to forsake Udom. #UdomTill2023
Re: Akwa Ibom Assembly Members Storm Govt House, Echo Support For Gov Udom Emmanuel by ibibiofirstlady(f): 9:05pm On Aug 06, 2018
sarrki:

That’s a pure lie

Umana umana we know
Which Umana is that? It is Udom for another 4 years before power shift to Uyo Zone.
Re: Akwa Ibom Assembly Members Storm Govt House, Echo Support For Gov Udom Emmanuel by Penaldo: 9:08pm On Aug 06, 2018
Power belongs to God not Akpabio. Udom is a destined child

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Assembly Members Storm Govt House, Echo Support For Gov Udom Emmanuel by sarrki(m): 9:08pm On Aug 06, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:
Akpabio can't cause Akwa Ibom to forsake Udom. #UdomTill2023

The work of the 2 will speak for them

Which I know the banker turned governor has failed in that aspect
Re: Akwa Ibom Assembly Members Storm Govt House, Echo Support For Gov Udom Emmanuel by sarrki(m): 9:09pm On Aug 06, 2018
Penaldo:
Power belongs to God not Akpabio. Udom is a destined child

Destined to fail

Akpabio his an achiever
Re: Akwa Ibom Assembly Members Storm Govt House, Echo Support For Gov Udom Emmanuel by sarrki(m): 9:10pm On Aug 06, 2018
papascode:

SARRKI CALM DOWN WE HAVE THE LAST CARD WE WILL SOON CHECK UP. NAME TWO FEDERAL GOVERNMENT PROJECTS BUHARI STARTED AND COMPLETED. JUST 2 PROJECTS NATIONWIDE AND I CAN ASSURE YOU AKWA IBOM WILL FOLLOW AKPABIO. BUT FOR NOW AKPABIO IS ON HIS OWN!

Lol

Jester club won’t see anything good in Baba

If not for anything

Buhari stopped your ogas from stealing us dry
Re: Akwa Ibom Assembly Members Storm Govt House, Echo Support For Gov Udom Emmanuel by Penaldo: 9:17pm On Aug 06, 2018
sarrki:

Destined to fail
Akpabio his an achiever
And who said he was a failure? Udom will win
Re: Akwa Ibom Assembly Members Storm Govt House, Echo Support For Gov Udom Emmanuel by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:21pm On Aug 06, 2018
sarrki:

The work of the 2 will speak for them

Which I know the banker turned governor has failed in that aspect
My brother, Akpabio era of 2007-2015 is over. We are now in Udom era, and will last till 2023 and beyond
Re: Akwa Ibom Assembly Members Storm Govt House, Echo Support For Gov Udom Emmanuel by sarrki(m): 9:30pm On Aug 06, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:

My brother, Akpabio era of 2007-2015 is over. We are now in Udom era, and will last till 2023 and beyond

My brother

I kind of agree with you on era stuff

But the truth is Udom is not performing

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Assembly Members Storm Govt House, Echo Support For Gov Udom Emmanuel by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:32pm On Aug 06, 2018
sarrki:

My brother

I kind of agree with you on era stuff

But the truth is Udom is not performing
Which Udom is not performing? You sure say you de abreast with happenings in Ibom? Or you just feel like saying something negative about the man?
Re: Akwa Ibom Assembly Members Storm Govt House, Echo Support For Gov Udom Emmanuel by eddyghali(m): 9:58pm On Aug 06, 2018
ibibiofirstlady:
See this media aide...either she is girlfriend to one PA of a PA of a Commissioner, or a commissioner side chick. Udom came and could not give us the needed governance we wanted. name one thing he started and completed in AKS please!

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Assembly Members Storm Govt House, Echo Support For Gov Udom Emmanuel by sarrki(m): 12:24am On Aug 07, 2018
eddyghali:

See this media aide...either she is girlfriend to one PA of a PA of a Commissioner, or a commissioner side chick. Udom came and could not give us the needed governance we wanted. name one thing he started and completed in AKS please!

You are a patriot
Re: Akwa Ibom Assembly Members Storm Govt House, Echo Support For Gov Udom Emmanuel by papascode: 7:28am On Aug 07, 2018
sarrki:

Lol

Jester club won’t see anything good in Baba

If not for anything

Buhari stopped your ogas from stealing us dry

[b]NA UNA WAY! You haven't answered my question like many APC zombies I have asked. Zombie means anywhere belle face carry me go. I called in on a live radio and asked the same thing to an APC chieftain and he was confused and said he did the Abuja run way. The programme host couldn't stop laughing today he was among the defectors to PDP. Now back to your accusation that he came to rescue from thieves. Now tell me what is 245 billion naira for election in 2019 compared to Jonathan's 90 billion in 2015 election. Ok let's consider 100% inflation accross board that will give us 180 billion naira. Don't forget Inec has not made their budget proposal public to tell Nigerians what they want to use 245billion naira for, when Jega/Jonathan had already paid the supreme price. Furthermore, tell me why is the foreign reserve depleting when oil is above budget pegged mark? BUHARI'S GOVERNMENT HAS LOOTED MORE THAN ANY GOVERNMENT IN POWER IN NIGERIA. WAIT UNTIL THEY LEAVE POWER THEN NIGERIANS WILL KNOW THE TRUTH.[/b]
Re: Akwa Ibom Assembly Members Storm Govt House, Echo Support For Gov Udom Emmanuel by Nobody: 8:16am On Aug 07, 2018
sarrki:

That’s a pure lie

Umana umana we know
lol,see person wey no be akwa ibomite or stay there dey talk rubbish, may killer herdsmen fall on ur family maybe ur brain go reset wella
Re: Akwa Ibom Assembly Members Storm Govt House, Echo Support For Gov Udom Emmanuel by Almaiga: 9:57am On Aug 07, 2018
Who cares, we are still celebrating the defection of Akpabio. grin

Re: Akwa Ibom Assembly Members Storm Govt House, Echo Support For Gov Udom Emmanuel by Penaldo: 12:36pm On Aug 07, 2018
sarrki:

Destined to fail
Akpabio his an achiever
are you okay?
Re: Akwa Ibom Assembly Members Storm Govt House, Echo Support For Gov Udom Emmanuel by comos: 12:42pm On Aug 07, 2018
Akpabio will walk alone , he has been abadone by all Akwa Ibomites

(1) (Reply)

ZIMBABWE BURNING! South Africa Rejects Request For $1.2billion Rescue Loan / Never Again You Compare Saraki With Tinubu / 2019 Presidential election : The Unrigged Results by Observers and PDP PVT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.