Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,044 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:47 AM

Godspower Cotonou Car Dealer Is A SCAMMER! BEWARE!!! - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Godspower Cotonou Car Dealer Is A SCAMMER! BEWARE!!! (615 Views)

My Chat With A Cotonou Car Dealer / Cotonou Car Deals / Clearing And Forwarding Agent/ Cotonou Car Dealer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Godspower Cotonou Car Dealer Is A SCAMMER! BEWARE!!! by damon: 10:25am On Aug 07, 2018
This is a story of how someone's experience and post saved me from a bitter experience. Read my appreciation to the author of the post that saved me below.

I don't know how to thank you, my brother. I almost (and i mean ALMOST) fell into this guy's hands. Infact just yesterday i followed him to Cotonou to go see a car, and i was scheduled to buy it today. I just thank God i went with a friend who showed concern about how he really intended to bring the car into Nigeria. To him the Godspower guy did not sound convincing. So he contacted a friend of his who frequents Cotonou. His friend told him straight out that the agent was going to make fake papers for me. He told me, and just as i was contemplating whether or not it was a good idea, i decided to do something i used to do when in doubt like this...Google. On 2nd try i saw a link to your story. When i read through, i realized it was a carbon copy of my story. I did not doubt one bit when you talked about his excessive politeness and the sudden switch. That had always been a concern for me from the get go, but i sort of relied on the supposed "good" experience my colleague who linked me up with him had had before. The way he used to call and text me every single freaking day for more than a month was suspicious. He seemed hyper eager. For instance, while heading his way yesterday, haven told him i was a few minutes away, he just couldn't wait and had to call me again. I don't know how to thank you, bro. When we visited Cotonou yesterday, he was so quick to slash his agency fee from 40k to 20k just to accommodate my budget. He also removed about 50k from the Nigerian custom duty again to accommodate my budget. That looked suspicious, as i couldn't seem to match his motivation with the reward. I wondered how he intended to do the Nigerian custom duties 50k less, especially when the car was not in Tincan, but from Cotonou. I was still considering running the stuff till it became clear to me this morning that he was trying to swindle me. So i confronted him hoping he will lie so i can confirm my fears. Ofcourse he did, being the scammer that he is. He even denied not being the Godspower in question, forgetting that he used the second phone number on his profile to call me once.

See below a screen capture of his denial.

Morale of the story are...
1. never try to cut corners (you might get hurt)
2. Always get a second opinion by a trusted close friend or direct relative
3. Follow your instincts

PS: He always says you should call him, as though he has one jazz that he wants to use to talk to you.

Re: Godspower Cotonou Car Dealer Is A SCAMMER! BEWARE!!! by damon: 10:27am On Aug 07, 2018
damon:
This is a story of how someone's experience and post saved me from a bitter experience. Read my appreciation to the author of the post that saved me below.

I don't know how to thank you, my brother. I almost (and i mean ALMOST) fell into this guy's hands. Infact just yesterday i followed him to Cotonou to go see a car, and i was scheduled to buy it today. I just thank God i went with a friend who showed concern about how he really intended to bring the car into Nigeria. To him the Godspower guy did not sound convincing. So he contacted a friend of his who frequents Cotonou. His friend told him straight out that the agent was going to make fake papers for me. He told me, and just as i was contemplating whether or not it was a good idea, i decided to do something i used to do when in doubt like this...Google. On 2nd try i saw a link to your story. When i read through, i realized it was a carbon copy of my story. I did not doubt one bit when you talked about his excessive politeness and the sudden switch. That had always been a concern for me from the get go, but i sort of relied on the supposed "good" experience my colleague who linked me up with him had had before. The way he used to call and text me every single freaking day for more than a month was suspicious. He seemed hyper eager. For instance, while heading his way yesterday, haven told him i was a few minutes away, he just couldn't wait and had to call me again. I don't know how to thank you, bro. When we visited Cotonou yesterday, he was so quick to slash his agency fee from 40k to 20k just to accommodate my budget. He also removed about 50k from the Nigerian custom duty again to accommodate my budget. That looked suspicious, as i couldn't seem to match his motivation with the reward. I wondered how he intended to do the Nigerian custom duties 50k less, especially when the car was not in Tincan, but from Cotonou. I was still considering running the stuff till it became clear to me this morning that he was trying to swindle me. So i confronted him hoping he will lie so i can confirm my fears. Ofcourse he did, being the scammer that he is. He even denied not being the Godspower in question, forgetting that he used the second phone number on his profile to call me once.

See below a screen capture of his denial.

Morale of the story are...
1. never try to cut corners (you might get hurt)
2. Always get a second opinion by a trusted close friend or direct relative
3. Follow your instincts

PS: He always says you should call him, as though he has one jazz that he wants to use to talk to you.

Re: Godspower Cotonou Car Dealer Is A SCAMMER! BEWARE!!! by adewumiopeyemi(m): 11:01am On Aug 07, 2018
The scammer have already deactivate his acount on nairaland.. Op thanks God you were smart enough not to fall for him..
Re: Godspower Cotonou Car Dealer Is A SCAMMER! BEWARE!!! by Readonee35L(m): 11:24am On Aug 07, 2018
angry
Re: Godspower Cotonou Car Dealer Is A SCAMMER! BEWARE!!! by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:14pm On Aug 07, 2018
Ma guy do cast grin

I always say, if you want to buy a car, walk to a Car stand in lagos and buy a car jeje. All this cotonu you people are saying...... Most times it is greed on the part of the buyer too.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Neatly Used Mitsubishi Montero (prado Design) 800k 08181052313 / 2004 Toyota Corolla LE 1.380 / Clean Used 2006 Toyota Corolla Sport Edition For Sale #1.450M

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.