Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,527 members, 7,819,896 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:52 AM

National Assembly Siege: Eternal Vigilance Is The Price Of Liberty - Atiku - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / National Assembly Siege: Eternal Vigilance Is The Price Of Liberty - Atiku (934 Views)

Tinubu Condemns Terror Attack On Kuje Prison, Calls For Vigilance / Southeast Governors Reject Macban’s Demand For Vigilance Group / PDP Reps To Keep Vigilance On NASS To Prevent Saraki’s Impeachment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

National Assembly Siege: Eternal Vigilance Is The Price Of Liberty - Atiku by Mandynews(f): 10:52am On Aug 07, 2018
National Assembly Siege: Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty - Atiku

The attention of former Vice President of Nigeria, Atiku Abubakar has been drawn to an illegal and undemocratic attempt by fascist forces to break into the National Assembly for the purpose of furthering the agenda to force a change in the Nigerian Senate’s leadership.

Atiku Abubakar completely condemns this atrocity and calls on all those involved to put Nigeria first and abandon this madness.

The Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, as amended, guarantees both the independence of the Legislature and Separation of Powers. Nigeria is a democracy not a military dictatorship and we the people will never return to tyranny.

Atiku Abubakar calls on President Muhammadu Buhari and acting President Yemi Osinbajo to stop hiding behind one finger and live up to their responsibility of upholding the constitution and law and order, which they swore to on May 29, 2015.

“We warned that if what occurred in Benue last week was not checked on time, it would escalate to the federal level. Today we are seeing that warning in play.”

The acting President, being himself a Professor of Law, ought to know that setting such a precedent is an invitation to anarchy.

There are better uses for our security forces at this time than to lay siege to our citadels of democracy. Our people are languishing in the midst of unprecedented insecurity and nationwide killings. To thus deploy our security forces in this present manner whilst Nigerians face these challenges is an abdication of responsibility to say the least.

All Nigerians should be watchful and mobilised to defend democracy. We must remember that ‘eternal vigilance is the price of liberty’.

Source: http://mandynews.com/2018/08/07/national-assembly-siege/

Re: National Assembly Siege: Eternal Vigilance Is The Price Of Liberty - Atiku by Babyforever(f): 10:53am On Aug 07, 2018
Despite atiku been corrupt he would handle this country well more than that chewing goro nepa bill certificate buharia

7 Likes

Re: National Assembly Siege: Eternal Vigilance Is The Price Of Liberty - Atiku by dukie25: 10:58am On Aug 07, 2018
Babyforever:
Despite atiku been corrupt he would handle this country well more than that chewing goro nepa bill certificate buharia

Atiku is perceived to be corrupt but he has never been convicted. It's slanderous to imply he is corrupt.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Assembly Siege: Eternal Vigilance Is The Price Of Liberty - Atiku by Nobody: 11:01am On Aug 07, 2018
Osibanjo has failed many nigerians.

2 Likes

Re: National Assembly Siege: Eternal Vigilance Is The Price Of Liberty - Atiku by dukie25: 11:01am On Aug 07, 2018
Atiku is turning out to be an elder statesman. So calm and controlled no matter the political upheaval.

Let's Atikulate

3 Likes

Re: National Assembly Siege: Eternal Vigilance Is The Price Of Liberty - Atiku by magoo10(m): 11:03am On Aug 07, 2018
If the number of security men used in raping democracy can be diverted to the northeast and middle belt insurgency regions it would have been a lot better.

APC is fighting for their last breath

1 Like

Re: National Assembly Siege: Eternal Vigilance Is The Price Of Liberty - Atiku by tsephanyah(f): 11:03am On Aug 07, 2018
We will be a compassionate government, for out of compassion arises the truest forms of wealth and progress a society can attain. Buhari
Meanwhile

“Some people might try to tell you that it’s a banana. They might scream, ‘Banana, banana, banana,’ over and over and over again. They might put BANANA in all caps. You might even start to believe that this is a banana. But it’s not. This is an apple.”

Sai Baba

3 Likes

Re: National Assembly Siege: Eternal Vigilance Is The Price Of Liberty - Atiku by tsephanyah(f): 11:04am On Aug 07, 2018
We will be a compassionate government, for out of compassion arises the truest forms of wealth and progress a society can attain. Buhari
Meanwhile

“Some people might try to tell you that it’s a banana. They might scream, ‘Banana, banana, banana,’ over and over and over again. They might put BANANA in all caps. You might even start to believe that this is a banana. But it’s not. This is an apple.”

PMB sak

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Assembly Siege: Eternal Vigilance Is The Price Of Liberty - Atiku by Corrinthians(m): 11:04am On Aug 07, 2018
Your own fight never start. You go hear ween from your own party. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: National Assembly Siege: Eternal Vigilance Is The Price Of Liberty - Atiku by Corrinthians(m): 11:06am On Aug 07, 2018
dukie25:
Atiku is turning out to be an elder statesman. So calm and controlled no matter the political upheaval.

Let's Atikulate
Tomorrow when he starts causing problems in your party, you'd start unatikulating. grin

2 Likes

Re: National Assembly Siege: Eternal Vigilance Is The Price Of Liberty - Atiku by EmekaMD(m): 11:08am On Aug 07, 2018
Ok this is why Buhari ran away. After perfecting this plan he ran away so that he could come back and tell us he didn't know about this?

And the idiotic Sai Baba chanters would continue to absolve him..
Re: National Assembly Siege: Eternal Vigilance Is The Price Of Liberty - Atiku by Munzy14(m): 11:08am On Aug 07, 2018
All politicians are corrupt, but amongst them, few are liberal democrats. Atiku is one of them.We all know obj tamed him because he rubbished his third term ambition. It's all for the interest of the nation.
Let Buhari and his footsoldiers continue the National disgrace.No king reigns forever.

1 Like

Re: National Assembly Siege: Eternal Vigilance Is The Price Of Liberty - Atiku by Kingosytex(m): 11:11am On Aug 07, 2018
You have spoken well sir, i now understand the saying "education is light" had it been that the light of education shone on the path of the illiterate, certificateless fanatic from daura, his mentality would have changed. how can a president in this modern age be reasoning like primitive men in the 12th CENTURY? You people should unite and send that monster to daura-the land of beasts because that is where he belongs

1 Like

Re: National Assembly Siege: Eternal Vigilance Is The Price Of Liberty - Atiku by Metuh: 11:18am On Aug 07, 2018
This is a presidential material. No amount of the corruption tags generated by Obasanjo will stop him.

Unlike Bulhari, Atiku is educated,detribalized,lover of the people and a true democrat.

The only sin he committed was not allowing Obasanjo to contest for the 3rd time. This is the reason Yorubas hate him till date. We are wiser.

They used their media to try and spoil his image. If Atiku is corrupt, jail him. Those propagandas won't move anybody again.

1 Like

Re: National Assembly Siege: Eternal Vigilance Is The Price Of Liberty - Atiku by Merimental(m): 11:18am On Aug 07, 2018
so many wrongs going on in d country u May even start to loose count...well said Oga
Re: National Assembly Siege: Eternal Vigilance Is The Price Of Liberty - Atiku by dukie25: 11:29am On Aug 07, 2018
Corrinthians:
Tomorrow when he starts causing problems in your party, you'd start unatikulating. grin

But you loved him when he was in your party too.

Don't Lai, say the truth. grin grin

Politics is a game of numbers and you above every one else understands that.
Re: National Assembly Siege: Eternal Vigilance Is The Price Of Liberty - Atiku by Corrinthians(m): 11:35am On Aug 07, 2018
dukie25:

But you loved him when he was in your party.

Don't Lai, say the truth. grin grin

Politics is a game of numbers and you above every one else understands that.
I can beat my chest and stand ANYWHERE and say I HAVE NEVER SUPPORTED SARAKI SINCE HE EMERGED SENATE PRESIDENT. I mean, ANYWHERE!

He was never the choice of Buhari, Tinubu or APC, he compromised and sabotaged party's interest from day ONE, so tell me, why should I support such a character?

Show me anywhere I've EVER supported Saraki and I swear to deactivate my handle or you call me any name you want to call me wherever you see my comment. In fact, i even wrote a thread in his condemnation when he emerged as the senate president! ! cool

I am not your average political commentator or observer, but same can not be said of you I presume. grin

Edit.

Oh, since Saraki is trending today, I imagined we were discussing him in particular. grin grin

Well, Atiku is even worse for me. I see him as overambitious from his face-off with his boss back then. You can't entrust such a man with Power and I believe even PDP understands that. They'd rather give power to someone alot more pliable to they can steal in unison rather than Atiku stealing everything alone. grin

Lastly, i don't like his face. Didn't support him in APC, won't support him now. cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: National Assembly Siege: Eternal Vigilance Is The Price Of Liberty - Atiku by Nobody: 11:41am On Aug 07, 2018
The acting President, being himself a Professor of Law, ought to know that setting such a precedent is an invitation to anarchy.

And a lot of us were here thinking osibanjo has been given a chance to redeem his image...

Little did we know that the renowned lawyer who is suppose to protect democracy has turned to a buffon who is spearheading tyranny.. its high time he travels, let the senate president act aswell.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: National Assembly Siege: Eternal Vigilance Is The Price Of Liberty - Atiku by surgical: 11:41am On Aug 07, 2018
magoo10:
If the number of security men used in raping democracy can be diverted to the northeast and middle belt insurgency regions it would have been a lot better.

APC is fighting for their last breath
APC is a house built of spittle
Re: National Assembly Siege: Eternal Vigilance Is The Price Of Liberty - Atiku by meromero11: 11:49am On Aug 07, 2018
Mandynews:
National Assembly Siege: Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty - Atiku

The attention of former Vice President of Nigeria, Atiku Abubakar has been drawn to an illegal and undemocratic attempt by fascist forces to break into the National Assembly for the purpose of furthering the agenda to force a change in the Nigerian Senate’s leadership.

Atiku Abubakar completely condemns this atrocity and calls on all those involved to put Nigeria first and abandon this madness.

The Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, as amended, guarantees both the independence of the Legislature and Separation of Powers. Nigeria is a democracy not a military dictatorship and we the people will never return to tyranny.

Atiku Abubakar calls on President Muhammadu Buhari and acting President Yemi Osinbajo to stop hiding behind one finger and live up to their responsibility of upholding the constitution and law and order, which they swore to on May 29, 2015.

“We warned that if what occurred in Benue last week was not checked on time, it would escalate to the federal level. Today we are seeing that warning in play.”

There are better uses for our security forces at this time than to lay siege to our citadels of democracy. Our people are languishing in the midst of unprecedented insecurity and nationwide killings. To thus deploy our security forces in this present manner whilst Nigerians face these challenges is an abdication of responsibility to say the least.

All Nigerians should be watchful and mobilised to defend democracy. We must remember that ‘eternal vigilance is the price of liberty’.

Source: http://mandynews.com/2018/08/07/national-assembly-siege/

Mobilized to defend what and who's interest. When senators and reps were busy milking the nation dry offering nothing to the masses yet won't pass budgets that would impact on the lives of the citizens on time but proceeded to hold the nation to ransom to protect their selfish interest. A legislature that deliberately put our democratic process at risk by shutting down the assembly in order not to pass the INEC budget is more dangerous than the devil itself. Instead of we the citizens to condemn the acts of the senators and reps or possibly compel them by mass action to reconvene to attend to matters for which they voted in, we did not. The federal government is only helping the masses do what we don't have the will power to do. No president on Earth will allow his administration to be truncated or be pushed around by a bunch of criminals we call legislators.
Re: National Assembly Siege: Eternal Vigilance Is The Price Of Liberty - Atiku by dukie25: 11:51am On Aug 07, 2018
Corrinthians:
I can beat my chest and stand ANYWHERE and say I HAVE NEVER SUPPORTED SARAKI SINCE HE EMERGED SENATE PRESIDENT. I mean, ANYWHERE!

He was never the choice of Buhari, Tinubu or APC, he compromised and sabotaged party's interest from day ONE, so tell me, why should I support such a character?

Show me anywhere I've EVER supported Saraki and I swear to deactivate my handle or you call me any name you want to call me wherever you see my comment. In fact, i even wrote a thread in his condemnation when he emerged as the senate president! ! cool

I am not your average political commentator or observer, but same can not be said of you I presume. grin

Edit.

Oh, since Saraki is trending today, I imagined we were discussing him in particular. grin grin

Well, Atiku is even worse for me. I see him as overambitious from his face-off with his boss back then. You can't entrust such a man with Power and I believe even PDP understands that. They'd rather give power to someone alot more pliable to they can steal in unison rather than Atiku stealing everything alone. grin

Lastly, i don't like his face. Didn't support him in APC, won't support him now. cheesy

hmmm
Re: National Assembly Siege: Eternal Vigilance Is The Price Of Liberty - Atiku by meromero11: 11:53am On Aug 07, 2018
Metuh:
This is a presidential material. No amount of the corruption tags generated by Obasanjo will stop him.

Unlike Bulhari, Atiku is educated,detribalized,lover of the people and a true democrat.

The only sin he committed was not allowing Obasanjo to contest for the 3rd time. This is the reason Yorubas hate him till date. We are wiser.

They used their media to try and spoil his image. If Atiku is corrupt, jail him. Those propagandas won't move anybody again.

You don't know Atiku, give him a chance and he will ruin the country. He is very very ambitious, exceedingly greedy and very corrupt. He will bribe anyone to have his way. All he ever seeks in life is to have his name among the list of past presidents of Nigeria. He only needs a day to loot the entire country empty. He is very adept at that.
Re: National Assembly Siege: Eternal Vigilance Is The Price Of Liberty - Atiku by Metuh: 12:01pm On Aug 07, 2018
meromero11:

You don't know Atiku, give him a chance and he will ruin the country. He is very very ambitious, exceedingly greedy and very corrupt. He will bribe anyone to have his way. All he ever seeks in life is to have his name among the list of past presidents of Nigeria. He only needs a day to loot the entire country empty. He is very adept at that.
Is it a sin to be ambitious? How is he greedy and corrupt? Enough of this baseless accusations abeg.

If Atiku is greedy,what will you call Obasanjo, Tinubu and Buhari?

Buhari that was jumping from ANPP TO APN TO ACN THEN FINALLY APC isn't desperate but has the country at heart Abi!

Atiku will perform better than Buhari if given the chance abeg.

1 Like

Re: National Assembly Siege: Eternal Vigilance Is The Price Of Liberty - Atiku by meromero11: 12:08pm On Aug 07, 2018
Metuh:

Is it a sin to be ambitious? How is he greedy and corrupt? Enough of this baseless accusations abeg.

If Atiku is greedy,what will you call Obasanjo, Tinubu and Buhari?

Buhari that was jumping from ANPP TO APN TO ACN THEN FINALLY APC isn't desperate but has the country at heart Abi!

Atiku will perform better than Buhari if given the chance abeg.

Can you point at anything Atiku has done for the masses? What has he done to impart positively the lives of his own people in adamawa? Nothing bro.
Meanwhile, he has stolen so much such that he had to stach them off in a half acre warehouse. The warehouse was shutdown during the third term crisis. Atiku is no good.
Re: National Assembly Siege: Eternal Vigilance Is The Price Of Liberty - Atiku by Metuh: 12:34pm On Aug 07, 2018
meromero11:

Can you point at anything Atiku has done for the masses? What has he done to impart positively the lives of his own people in adamawa? Nothing bro.
Meanwhile, he has stolen so much such that he had to stach them off in a half acre warehouse. The warehouse was shutdown during the third term crisis. Atiku is no good.
Knowing fully well how any position as VICE in this country is same as dormant, here are his achievements :
1. “My legacy as Vice President, I would say is the banking consolidation process, for which I gave political backing for. Many big people were putting a lot of political pressure to not change the status quo, but we knew that if that consolidation was not done, Nigeria could not grow. Because of that banking consolidation, Nigerian banks don’t fail anymore the way they used to”.

2. “I oversaw the telecoms revolution, which is why young people like you, I Go Dye, now have a flourishing career. Under our tenure, we witnessed a large repatriation of Nigerians back to Nigeria, driven by the hope of the recovering economy. It is sad that many of those young people are heading back abroad now — this is to show you that leadership matters.”

3. In my home state of Adamawa for example, I’ve created over 50,000 direct jobs and 250,000 indirect ones. We are the largest private employers of labour in the state only second to the state government. It’s not a lot, but it does help reduce unemployment.”

4. “As VP, I assembled what is arguably the best Economic Team ever in Nigeria. It was made up of young, world class professionals, who came home to work. Some of those professionals are now political leaders, governors and world leaders in their own right.”

5. “I have a proven record of bringing young, unknown professionals into service. Many of the professionals and ministers I brought in were in their 30s and early 40s. Some of those young leaders have become governors in their states. I went to the World Bank and met a bright lady, convinced her to come back home, and she became a star in our government. To show you we had effective leadership, the same lady could not replicate her exploits under a different government.”

6. He opposed the constitution amendment for third consecutive term for presidency grin

7. He established American University of Nigeria I.e He loves Education.

8. He has foundations that take care of the less privileged.

Can you tell me what Buhari achieved before he was elected as President. A stark illiterate for that matter.

I know you are surprised that Atiku achieved the above listed cos you have been made to believe he is a devil. That's unfair.

(1) (Reply)

Heavy Flood Swallows Rumuokoro East West Federal Road Portharcourt (video) / 22 Things You Should Know About Senator Nurudeen Ademola Adeleke / Video: Crowd Of Supporters Surround Nnamdi Kanu After Oct 21st Broadcast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.