Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,796 members, 7,956,044 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:21 PM

Senator Akpabio Resigns As Senate Minority Leader - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senator Akpabio Resigns As Senate Minority Leader (320 Views)

Akpabio Resigns As Niger Delta Affairs Minister / Senator Akpabio Resigns As Minority Leader (Photo) / Udom Lambasts Senator Akpabio, As PDP Mourns Exit Of Senate Minority Leader (2) (3) (4)

(1)

Senator Akpabio Resigns As Senate Minority Leader by zinosleek(m): 1:27pm On Aug 07, 2018
Following weeks of speculation about his defection, Senator Godswill Akpabio has finally tendered his resignation as Minority Leader of the Senate.

The letter dated August 4 and addressed to the Senate Deputy Minority Leader, Emmanuel Bwacha and the Peoples Democratic Party lawmakers did not state any apparent reason for the resignation.

Akpabio, however, thanked the senate Minority leadership and referred to the PDP as “our great party”, “for giving him the opportunity to lead the caucus for three years.”

The letter read: “May I extend to you and my dear colleagues in the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) senate caucus of the 8th senate of the Federal Republic of Nigeria the compliments and best wishes of my constituents and I.

“This letter is to formally inform you of my resignation as the senate minority leader with effect from August 4, 2018.

“Let me thank the senate minority leadership, our distinguished colleagues and our great party, the PDP for the opportunity to lead the caucus in the last three years.

“Please accept the assurances of my highest esteem.”

The former Akwa Ibom governor met with President Muhammadu Buhari during the weekend in London, UK. On Monday, Akpabio had a one-on-one chat with Bola Tinubu, Chieftain of the APC.

Source: http://www.naijadazz.com/senator-akpabi ... ty-leader/
Re: Senator Akpabio Resigns As Senate Minority Leader by coolcharm(m): 1:30pm On Aug 07, 2018
Political suicide
Re: Senator Akpabio Resigns As Senate Minority Leader by Mynd44: 1:36pm On Aug 07, 2018

(1)

Bariga Assembly, Council Chairman Organised Stakeholder Meeting Urged Resident / Nigeria, India Trade Hits $12 Bn – High Commissioner / Buhari Congratulates Peter Odili On His 70th Anniversary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.