Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,075 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:20 AM

My 10weeks Old Pup Hardly Eats Her Kibbled Dry Food!! Please Help!!! - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / My 10weeks Old Pup Hardly Eats Her Kibbled Dry Food!! Please Help!!! (2115 Views)

Dog Eats Drunk Herbalist’s Private Parts In Calabar / Nigerian Man Eats From The Same Plate With A Hen (Video) / Two-headed Snake Eats Two Mice Using Both Mouths At Same Time (graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My 10weeks Old Pup Hardly Eats Her Kibbled Dry Food!! Please Help!!! by tziz(m): 3:38pm On Aug 07, 2018
Meet Blossom, she's my new adorable Lhasa Apso puppy. She's 10weeks old. I got Diamond Kibbled Dry Food for puppies for her (because that's what she was fed back at the breeder's) but i realised she hardly eats it, if she does, it's in very little quantity and in sessions. Someone suggested i mix the dryfood with Titus Sardine, i did just that and she ate the fish and there wasnt any significant improvement in the quantity of dry food she ate. I decided to try giving her pap and milk and she finished that, though she ate little in multiple sessions but most importantly, she finished it. Her breeder insists i stick to the Dry food because its wrong to switch her meals for now and that she might become selective on the long run. Im worried though that she might not be getting enough food. Im also surprised she's not enjoyably eating the dry food since its perfectly formulated for her and thats what she was eating at the breeder's. Really confused. I want opinions on if i should continue feeding her the dry food anyways or whatever is best. Note she has just spent 3days with me, today's the fourth day though.

***see pictures of Blossom and the Dry Food.

1 Like

Re: My 10weeks Old Pup Hardly Eats Her Kibbled Dry Food!! Please Help!!! by Philipmems(m): 7:20pm On Aug 07, 2018
Add milk to it, it will entice your puppy to eat.
Re: My 10weeks Old Pup Hardly Eats Her Kibbled Dry Food!! Please Help!!! by tziz(m): 7:59pm On Aug 07, 2018
Re: My 10weeks Old Pup Hardly Eats Her Kibbled Dry Food!! Please Help!!! by tziz(m): 8:00pm On Aug 07, 2018
Philipmems:
Add milk to it, it will entice your puppy to eat.
I added milk today, she slurped up the milk and again ate little dry food...

1 Like

Re: My 10weeks Old Pup Hardly Eats Her Kibbled Dry Food!! Please Help!!! by Oluwadamilare99: 8:31pm On Aug 07, 2018
tziz:
she will eat its because of a new environment try and spend more time with her and get a JoJo can food mix it with diamond she will eat...
Re: My 10weeks Old Pup Hardly Eats Her Kibbled Dry Food!! Please Help!!! by jayned: 8:35pm On Aug 07, 2018
tziz:

I added milk today, she slurped up the milk and again ate little dry food...

Soak the dry food forming a mash before adding the milk that way she won't consume the milk without the kibbles.
Re: My 10weeks Old Pup Hardly Eats Her Kibbled Dry Food!! Please Help!!! by smileysmiles(f): 8:46pm On Aug 07, 2018
You could also sprinkle a lil bit of ground dry fish on the food to make it smell appealing.
Re: My 10weeks Old Pup Hardly Eats Her Kibbled Dry Food!! Please Help!!! by tziz(m): 8:47pm On Aug 07, 2018
Oluwadamilare99:
she will eat its because of a new environment try and spend more time with her and get a JoJo can food mix it with diamond she will eat...
OK, I need to look for that and try.. Tnx.
Re: My 10weeks Old Pup Hardly Eats Her Kibbled Dry Food!! Please Help!!! by tziz(m): 8:47pm On Aug 07, 2018
jayned:

Soak the dry food forming a mash before adding the milk that way she won't consume the milk without the kibbles.
Hmm, dis actually makes sense.. Will try it
Re: My 10weeks Old Pup Hardly Eats Her Kibbled Dry Food!! Please Help!!! by tziz(m): 8:48pm On Aug 07, 2018
smileysmiles:
You could also sprinkle a lil bit of ground dry fish on the food to make it smell appealing.
Sardine didn't do any magic, sure crayfish will work? Well, no harm in trying. Tnx
Re: My 10weeks Old Pup Hardly Eats Her Kibbled Dry Food!! Please Help!!! by smileysmiles(f): 8:53pm On Aug 07, 2018
tziz:

Sardine didn't do any magic, sure crayfish will work? Well, no harm in trying. Tnx

It worked for my dog. If you can also make the kibbles smaller. Maybe break it into smaller pieces or sth since she’s a pup... some dogs just don’t like stress.

Ps. Like someone else said she may just be getting used to the environment but to be on the safe side I would suggest that you keep a close eye on her. Make sure she’s acting “normal” just so you’re sure she’s not sick or anything.
Re: My 10weeks Old Pup Hardly Eats Her Kibbled Dry Food!! Please Help!!! by tziz(m): 9:30am On Aug 08, 2018
jayned:

This didn't work sad
Re: My 10weeks Old Pup Hardly Eats Her Kibbled Dry Food!! Please Help!!! by tziz(m): 9:33am On Aug 08, 2018
smileysmiles:

It worked for my dog. If you can also make the kibbles smaller. Maybe break it into smaller pieces or sth since she’s a pup... some dogs just don’t like stress.

Ps. Like someone else said she may just be getting used to the environment but to be on the safe side I would suggest that you keep a close eye on her. Make sure she’s acting “normal” just so you’re sure she’s not sick or anything.
She is perfectly fine, active and plays hard when she wants to play.
Breaking into smaller kibbles didn't work, she still didn't eat but she will eat other things, even gave her eba and soup and she ate grin
Im thinking to try Jojo or Pedigree. I might just sell off this Diamond Dry food. sad
Re: My 10weeks Old Pup Hardly Eats Her Kibbled Dry Food!! Please Help!!! by jayned: 12:50pm On Aug 08, 2018
tziz:

She is perfectly fine, active and plays hard when she wants to play.
Breaking into smaller kibbles didn't work, she still didn't eat but she will eat other things, even gave her eba and soup and she ate grin
Im thinking to try Jojo or Pedigree. I might just sell off this Diamond Dry food. sad

It's good to know she is not sick. You will need a lot of patience though. My puppy which I bred had the same issue after her litter mates were taken so I know exactly how u are feeling. She stopped eating the same food she was fighting for when her litter mates were around. I struggled with her like that for about 2 weeks because I didn't want to abandon the bag of Arion I had for her and also because I knew that was the best food for her not human food. She eventually picked up and even started eating more than I could keep up with. For her brother in a different location, he also had the same issue u are experiencing. The dog would eat rice and other human food but not his kibbles. What they did was mix the kibbles and human food and over time, the dog accepted the kibbles alone. If you sell this daimond now, you may need to buy it soon again.
Re: My 10weeks Old Pup Hardly Eats Her Kibbled Dry Food!! Please Help!!! by tziz(m): 3:34pm On Aug 08, 2018
jayned:

It's good to know she is not sick. You will need a lot of patience though. My puppy which I bred had the same issue after her litter mates were taken so I know exactly how u are feeling. She stopped eating the same food she was fighting for when her litter mates were around. I struggled with her like that for about 2 weeks because I didn't want to abandon the bag of Arion I had for her and also because I knew that was the best food for her not human food. She eventually picked up and even started eating more than I could keep up with. For her brother in a different location, he also had the same issue u are experiencing. The dog would eat rice and other human food but not his kibbles. What they did was mix the kibbles and human food and over time, the dog accepted the kibbles alone. If you sell this daimond now, you may need to buy it soon again.
Thanks for this.
Iv decided to feed her Pedigree but gradually mix it with the Diamond kibbles, hoping she gets to settle with the Diamond..
Re: My 10weeks Old Pup Hardly Eats Her Kibbled Dry Food!! Please Help!!! by 3Marine(f): 11:01pm On Oct 04, 2018
Your puppy is very young. If you are having feeding problems, its best to just give her JOJO Premium Puppy. You can give her lower quality food when she is older. Right now her nutritional is very critical. I hope she it doing well now though.
Re: My 10weeks Old Pup Hardly Eats Her Kibbled Dry Food!! Please Help!!! by oasis10: 10:01am On Oct 05, 2018
For all Veterinary services including surgery and home services, call Mr John on 08064525731
Re: My 10weeks Old Pup Hardly Eats Her Kibbled Dry Food!! Please Help!!! by vinscent: 10:16am On Oct 05, 2018
tziz:
Meet Blossom, she's my new adorable Lhasa Apso puppy. She's 10weeks old. I got Diamond Kibbled Dry Food for puppies for her (because that's what she was fed back at the breeder's) but i realised she hardly eats it, if she does, it's in very little quantity and in sessions. Someone suggested i mix the dryfood with Titus Sardine, i did just that and she ate the fish and there wasnt any significant improvement in the quantity of dry food she ate. I decided to try giving her pap and milk and she finished that, though she ate little in multiple sessions but most importantly, she finished it. Her breeder insists i stick to the Dry food because its wrong to switch her meals for now and that she might become selective on the long run. Im worried though that she might not be getting enough food. Im also surprised she's not enjoyably eating the dry food since its perfectly formulated for her and thats what she was eating at the breeder's. Really confused. I want opinions on if i should continue feeding her the dry food anyways or whatever is best. Note she has just spent 3days with me, today's the fourth day though.

***see pictures of Blossom and the Dry Food.
oga gv ur dog wot he or she eat well...u cud grind little quantity of d diamond nd add in d milk egg nd pap...note ur dog is still v small...it wont consume much
Re: My 10weeks Old Pup Hardly Eats Her Kibbled Dry Food!! Please Help!!! by tziz(m): 12:31pm On Oct 05, 2018
3Marine:
Your puppy is very young. If you are having feeding problems, its best to just give her JOJO Premium Puppy. You can give her lower quality food when she is older. Right now her nutritional is very critical. I hope she it doing well now though.
Thanks for your concern.
She has since been feeding well.
I feed her JOJO Premium or Pedigree wet food mixed with Diamond dry Kibbles, she has gotten comfortable with the Diamond Kibbles, she even eats it alone these days.
Im thinking of adding partially cooked chicken head to her diet too dou, hope that's fine....?
Re: My 10weeks Old Pup Hardly Eats Her Kibbled Dry Food!! Please Help!!! by tziz(m): 12:38pm On Oct 05, 2018
vinscent:

oga gv ur dog wot he or she eat well...u cud grind little quantity of d diamond nd add in d milk egg nd pap...note ur dog is still v small...it wont consume much
Tried this long time ago, she didn't eat it, iv since found a good formula for her. Thanks dou.
Re: My 10weeks Old Pup Hardly Eats Her Kibbled Dry Food!! Please Help!!! by tziz(m): 9:11pm On Oct 11, 2018
Blossom is a big girl nw... cool cool

Hey hey.. wink cheesy

1 Like

Re: My 10weeks Old Pup Hardly Eats Her Kibbled Dry Food!! Please Help!!! by inception101(m): 9:38pm On Oct 11, 2018
Toby zizu.... she's growing well ooo......nice one.

1 Like

Re: My 10weeks Old Pup Hardly Eats Her Kibbled Dry Food!! Please Help!!! by tziz(m): 9:49pm On Oct 11, 2018
inception101:
Toby zizu.... she's growing well ooo......nice one.
Thanks boss. wink
Re: My 10weeks Old Pup Hardly Eats Her Kibbled Dry Food!! Please Help!!! by Eveezy(m): 10:16pm On Oct 11, 2018
tziz:
Blossom is a big girl nw... cool cool

Hey hey.. wink cheesy
Love ur grooming

1 Like

Re: My 10weeks Old Pup Hardly Eats Her Kibbled Dry Food!! Please Help!!! by tziz(m): 10:35am On Oct 12, 2018
Eveezy:

Love ur grooming
Thanks bro

(1) (Reply)

Americana Reported His Missing Dog At A Nigerian Police Station,see what he got / Roxy, My First Pet (GSD). / Diary Of Daisy (formerly MAX), My Alpha Female GSD (PICTURES)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.