Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,834 members, 7,817,445 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:24 PM

Uganda Ex-minister Destroys 10 Boreholes He Built After He Lost An Election - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Uganda Ex-minister Destroys 10 Boreholes He Built After He Lost An Election (24601 Views)

Israel Destroys 13-Storey Building In Gaza (Photos, Video) / Flood From Typhoon Destroys Japanese Bullet Trains Worth ₦108b / Hurricane Irma Destroys Entire Barbuda, Caribbean Island (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uganda Ex-minister Destroys 10 Boreholes He Built After He Lost An Election by Nobody: 7:19am On Aug 08, 2018
Lexxyla:

You can but somehow you haven't.

Same way the Nigerian government can boast of delivering good governance but unfortunately, they haven't.
you can tell that to your government.
I have never ran for any political office nor do I plan to ever run for one.
Re: Uganda Ex-minister Destroys 10 Boreholes He Built After He Lost An Election by Irohjohnpaulc(m): 7:19am On Aug 08, 2018
zinizta:
black man with black reasoning. ...

"...Or are we all just cursed to be street thugs?
'Cause being black hurts..." - Tupac
and even worse if you speak first tongue undecided undecided kiss undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Uganda Ex-minister Destroys 10 Boreholes He Built After He Lost An Election by redsun(m): 7:20am On Aug 08, 2018
Treasonous. He should be shot. In a world where the ptovision of clean water is a rocket,the chimp is destroying the little that is available because he lost his means of looting.

1 Like

Re: Uganda Ex-minister Destroys 10 Boreholes He Built After He Lost An Election by NwaliE01: 7:21am On Aug 08, 2018
My opinion

4 Likes

Re: Uganda Ex-minister Destroys 10 Boreholes He Built After He Lost An Election by tiwiex(m): 7:22am On Aug 08, 2018
modelmike7:
Just imagine his mentality!!

He is the same as Fayose that reversed back the #3,000 alert he paid to the civil servant on the eve of the election 2 days after he lost!

Shameless politicians! cheesy wink grin

He did? Seriously?
Re: Uganda Ex-minister Destroys 10 Boreholes He Built After He Lost An Election by Stallion93(m): 7:25am On Aug 08, 2018
Africa is a Country. Argue with your Balls undecided
Re: Uganda Ex-minister Destroys 10 Boreholes He Built After He Lost An Election by TadM: 7:28am On Aug 08, 2018
I was laughing all through. "i will reconcile with the people". so, its not that he's wicked, he's only trying to paint how fustration feels to the public. but you too do.
Re: Uganda Ex-minister Destroys 10 Boreholes He Built After He Lost An Election by Lexxyla: 7:31am On Aug 08, 2018
Mklancee:

you can tell that to your government.
I have never ran for any political office nor do I plan to ever run for one.

Calm down tiger.
Am only urging you to do away with the hypocrisy.

We last did your comment read "I have" and not "I can"?

1 Like

Re: Uganda Ex-minister Destroys 10 Boreholes He Built After He Lost An Election by Malawian(m): 7:32am On Aug 08, 2018
Mklancee:
you built ten boreholes and you call that achievement? I can easily afford to sink all them even though I have never ran for public office
How many have you sank for the public with your own money? like the guy said, even public water corporation is not free.

The guy has a point. that is how people take your generosity for granted and even begin to think it is their own rights.

I let people charge their phones in my shop for free because there is never lights in this area, when they started abusing the privilege by bringing in all manner of equipment to also charge, I had to stop that charity as it was affecting my gen which usually trips off, now some of the people who have been enjoying free charging in my shop will see me and not even bother to acknowledge my presence simply because they are not charging stuff anymore.

Let them go and find water somewhere else. was it not the same thing when we had it good with Jonathan, but decided to vote Buhari for whatever it was I still don't know yet.

4 Likes

Re: Uganda Ex-minister Destroys 10 Boreholes He Built After He Lost An Election by Nobody: 7:32am On Aug 08, 2018
Lexxyla:

Calm down tiger. Am only urging you to do away with the hypocrisy.
We last did your comment read "I have" and not "I can"?
it seems you don't have eyes
Re: Uganda Ex-minister Destroys 10 Boreholes He Built After He Lost An Election by 8stargeneral: 7:33am On Aug 08, 2018
Why they didn't arrest him,dis is wickedness at it peak,such man don't deserve to hold any political post,he don't hv an atom of love for his people cry cry

1 Like

Re: Uganda Ex-minister Destroys 10 Boreholes He Built After He Lost An Election by mfm04622: 7:35am On Aug 08, 2018
frenzyduchess:
he built it with his money and gave it to the public. So that makes it public property undecided.well thats why we have insane societies in this continent as a whole undecided.

If we are to dig on his source of wealth it will still trace back to public funds.You and I know someone as self centered like this will never use his personal money to help other people.

That is not how law works. That is why possession is different from ownership. Any evidence he gave them? He can claimed he allowed them to use it, that is possess, not own.

If I put a tap outside my house for people to fetch water, does that confer ownership of the tap on the public?
Re: Uganda Ex-minister Destroys 10 Boreholes He Built After He Lost An Election by Eziokwugbaoto: 7:39am On Aug 08, 2018
I have been doubting the phrase ' Common sense is not indeed common' but this man has further butressed that phrase.
They didn't give you their votes when the boreholes were there and your short brain told you they will give it to you once they are gone. Smh

1 Like

Re: Uganda Ex-minister Destroys 10 Boreholes He Built After He Lost An Election by Obierika(m): 7:40am On Aug 08, 2018
This type of nonsense only happens on the African continent

1 Like

Re: Uganda Ex-minister Destroys 10 Boreholes He Built After He Lost An Election by Nobody: 7:42am On Aug 08, 2018
Malawian:

How many have you sank for the public with your own money? like the guy said, even public water corporation is not free.

The guy has a point. that is how people take your generosity for granted and even begin to think it is their own rights.

I let people charge their phones in my shop for free because there is never lights in this area, when they started abusing the privilege by bringing in all manner of equipment to also charge, I had to stop that charity as it was affecting my gen which usually trips off, now some of the people who have been enjoying free charging in my shop will see me and not even bother to acknowledge my presence simply because they are not charging stuff anymore.

Let them go and find water somewhere else. was it not the same thing when we had it good with Jonathan, but decided to vote Buhari for whatever it was I still don't know yet.
I already have one at my house and I allow every one to fetch from it.
so you are saying that since Nigerians voted against Jonathan he should destroy all the project he did with his money

1 Like

Re: Uganda Ex-minister Destroys 10 Boreholes He Built After He Lost An Election by mysteryman2014: 7:46am On Aug 08, 2018
Suko110:
Can africa ever disappoint in strange doings? I just don't get it , our human nature is far gone . End time minister . To d minister .......

Thinking that Africa prides itself as brother's keeper. Shame

1 Like

Re: Uganda Ex-minister Destroys 10 Boreholes He Built After He Lost An Election by Rcrown: 7:48am On Aug 08, 2018
delugajackson:
Once you've been rejected by the people, no amount of last minute generosity can save you from your imminent defeat at the polls. From his actions, one can easily figure out that he had no good intentions for the people.

Same fate awaits Buhari and his gang of thieves come 2019. If you like build skyscrappers overnight, if you like, increase minimum wage to N100,000. We will still vote you out. Buhari will be given the "Uganda treatment" come 2019. Insha Allah.

Don't forget that President BUHARI'S case is different because he is not the type that will take away what he gave to the people.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Uganda Ex-minister Destroys 10 Boreholes He Built After He Lost An Election by Caseless: 7:49am On Aug 08, 2018
modelmike7:

He is the same as Fayose that reversed back the #3,000 alert he paid to the civil servant on the eve of the election 2 days after he lost!

fayose collected the money back? grin grin

1 Like

Re: Uganda Ex-minister Destroys 10 Boreholes He Built After He Lost An Election by blackaxe78: 7:49am On Aug 08, 2018
I remembered when I was doing my masters in Russia in 1923, the councillor that tried a similar thing got burnt by the electorate
Re: Uganda Ex-minister Destroys 10 Boreholes He Built After He Lost An Election by Ikpongiton: 7:55am On Aug 08, 2018
that is the result when the people you worked for,worked against you.
Re: Uganda Ex-minister Destroys 10 Boreholes He Built After He Lost An Election by okerekeikpo: 7:57am On Aug 08, 2018
Thuglife
Re: Uganda Ex-minister Destroys 10 Boreholes He Built After He Lost An Election by OhiOfIhima: 7:57am On Aug 08, 2018
Quoran:
The funny thing is that when this irresponsible citizen stands for election again, some folks will still vote for him!

Like dey are now flooding d poster of convicted Rapist Reverend King, d man dat supposed to have exhume his corpse long again in a sane climate country.. Who did black offended biko.

1 Like

Re: Uganda Ex-minister Destroys 10 Boreholes He Built After He Lost An Election by OhiOfIhima: 7:59am On Aug 08, 2018
blackaxe78:
I remembered when I was doing my masters in Russia in 1923, the councillor that tried a similar thing got burnt by the electorate

19twenty what? You are a joker Mr man..

1 Like

Re: Uganda Ex-minister Destroys 10 Boreholes He Built After He Lost An Election by ehissi(m): 8:00am On Aug 08, 2018
modelmike7:

Trust me Lagos state government does it all the time, despite their consecutive wins

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uganda Ex-minister Destroys 10 Boreholes He Built After He Lost An Election by Nobody: 8:04am On Aug 08, 2018
Caseless:
fayose collected the money back? grin grin
SHARP SHARP my brother! cheesy
Lol cheesy wink
Re: Uganda Ex-minister Destroys 10 Boreholes He Built After He Lost An Election by Ikpongiton: 8:06am On Aug 08, 2018
Mklancee:
you built ten boreholes and you call that achievement? I can easily afford to sink all them even though I have never ran for public office
empty belly boaster.give scholarship to one brilliant boy in your community and stop this mouth action.

1 Like

Re: Uganda Ex-minister Destroys 10 Boreholes He Built After He Lost An Election by Nobody: 8:08am On Aug 08, 2018
mfm04622:

That is not how law works. That is why possession is different from ownership. Any evidence he gave them? He can claimed he allowed them to use it, that is possess, not own.

If I put a tap outside my house for people to fetch water, does that confer ownership of the tap on the public?
Obviously its useless arguing with you. undecided

1 Like

Re: Uganda Ex-minister Destroys 10 Boreholes He Built After He Lost An Election by AreaFada2: 8:12am On Aug 08, 2018
What the man did is outrageous. Because he probably looted the money used to sink them from govt coffers anyway. grin cheesy

But does it mean that other MPs since 2006 have not sunk more boreholes? shocked shocked

Truth be told our electorate is easily manipulated because of poverty.

If you do constituency projects worth $1m but do not give 10k or 20k to people when they bring their personal problems like kids school fees, wife's baby delivery bill, illness and so on, they will regard you as a useless MP, senator, etc.

People care about money in their own pockets first and foremost. Not things done for the community at large. That is why many even sell their votes for 5k!
Re: Uganda Ex-minister Destroys 10 Boreholes He Built After He Lost An Election by partnerbiz4: 8:17am On Aug 08, 2018
modelmike7:

How true is this?
Re: Uganda Ex-minister Destroys 10 Boreholes He Built After He Lost An Election by maasoap(m): 8:21am On Aug 08, 2018
delugajackson:
Once you've been rejected by the people, no amount of last minute generosity can save you from your imminent defeat at the polls. From his actions, one can easily figure out that he had no good intentions for the people.

Same fate awaits Buhari and his gang of thieves come 2019. If you like build skyscrappers overnight, if you like, increase minimum wage to N100,000. We will still vote you out. Buhari will be given the "Uganda treatment" come 2019. Insha Allah.

The earlier you stop hoping for Buhari's defeat in 2019 presidential election, the better for your health. Buhari is a movement that can't be stopped unless you want to be crushed. Who are you going to present against him? I can assure you that Buhari will defeat that candidate in his own state.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uganda Ex-minister Destroys 10 Boreholes He Built After He Lost An Election by Nobody: 8:23am On Aug 08, 2018
maasoap:

The earlier you stop hoping for Buhari's defeat in 2019 presidential election, the better for your health. Buhari is a movement that can't be stopped unless you want to be crushed. Who are you going to present against him? I can assure you that Buhari will defeat that candidate in his own state.
Thank you for letting him know

1 Like

Re: Uganda Ex-minister Destroys 10 Boreholes He Built After He Lost An Election by rhythyson: 8:23am On Aug 08, 2018
why nah?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Boris Johnson Discharged From Hospital / Arseny Yatsenyuk, Ukraine Pm Resigns / Former UK Prime Minister, David Cameron Becomes UK Foreign Secretary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.