Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,928 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:09 PM

Uganda Ex-minister Destroys 10 Boreholes He Built After He Lost An Election - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Uganda Ex-minister Destroys 10 Boreholes He Built After He Lost An Election (24602 Views)

Israel Destroys 13-Storey Building In Gaza (Photos, Video) / Flood From Typhoon Destroys Japanese Bullet Trains Worth ₦108b / Hurricane Irma Destroys Entire Barbuda, Caribbean Island (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uganda Ex-minister Destroys 10 Boreholes He Built After He Lost An Election by Nobody: 11:50am On Aug 08, 2018
IamHeWrites:
Patrick Okumu-Ringa, who lost in the recently-concluded Nebbi Municipality Parliamentary election in Uganda, has dismantled all the boreholes he had sunk that have been supplying water to residents for the past twenty years.

Okumu-Ringa, who is said to own huge chunks of land in the municipality, had about 10 boreholes drilled in different wards.

The former public service state minister accused the area residents of abusing his generosity by not supporting his bid for MP. The process of dismantling the boreholes started on Monday and was concluded on Wednesday, three days after the election results were announced.

For close to 10 years, Okumu-Ringa was Padyere County MP, but lost the seat to UPC’s late David Ringecan in 2006. Since then, he has tried to make a come-back in other elections in vain. During the NRM primaries, Okumu-Ringa lost to the new entrant, Suleiman Hashim. He, however, chose to run as independent, claiming his defeat during the primaries was as result of rigging.

In the recent election, Okumu-Ringa came third after securing 1,270 votes out the 9,940 total votes cast. He lost to Hashim, who scored 4,283 votes, with FDC’s Robert Onega coming second with 4,159 votes in the highly-billed election.

Okumu-Ringa confirmed to Sunday Vision that he had indeed dismantled the boreholes, adding that he had no regrets for his action. He, however, said at an appropriate time, he would reconcile with residents and assemble the boreholes. ; “I am hurt, but I will reconcile with them. However, for now, let them look for water elsewhere. Our people are not appreciative. All I wanted from them was votes. I have educated so many children, but all they tell me is I have done nothing,” he said.

Asked whether he was hurting the Government he once served, Okumu-Ringa said the Government should instead pay him for supplying free water to citizens. “I don’t think the Government should be offended. I used my money to sink the boreholes, and in any case, even National Water and Sewerage Corporation doesn’t supply free water.

https://www.torimill.co/world/9320/uganda-ex-minister-destroys-10-boreholes-he-built-after-he-lost-an-election.html

Entitled gorilla who thinks it's his birthright to hold public office, just like the rest of the old gorillas who litter Africa with their viruses.
You can't destroy something you've worked hard for, unless you stole the money in the first place.
Re: Uganda Ex-minister Destroys 10 Boreholes He Built After He Lost An Election by Nobody: 11:53am On Aug 08, 2018
Malawian:

you win cheesy cheesy

his point still stands though.
there is a guy who have being trying to become governor in my state for more than 20years but he keep losing and going back to his business after that.
he has given much more to the people but you never hear him moaning but this guy destroyed boreholes he built when he was and has always been eating from the people money and you see nothing wrong with it
Re: Uganda Ex-minister Destroys 10 Boreholes He Built After He Lost An Election by Yusuf54: 12:06pm On Aug 08, 2018
modelmike7:
Just imagine his mentality!!

He is the same as Fayose that reverted back the #3,000 alert he paid to the civil servant on the eve of the election 2 days after he lost!

Shameless politicians! cheesy wink grin
Did Fayose really revert its ?
Re: Uganda Ex-minister Destroys 10 Boreholes He Built After He Lost An Election by Walamu(m): 12:14pm On Aug 08, 2018
How come a good man who wants to help children read and give them free drinking water, wants to be a politician?

www.undergroundriseup..com
Re: Uganda Ex-minister Destroys 10 Boreholes He Built After He Lost An Election by temmytee2309: 12:36pm On Aug 08, 2018
IDIOT
Re: Uganda Ex-minister Destroys 10 Boreholes He Built After He Lost An Election by Malawian(m): 12:56pm On Aug 08, 2018
Mklancee:

there is a guy who have being trying to become governor in my state for more than 20years but he keep losing and going back to his business after that.
he has given much more to the people but you never hear him moaning but this guy destroyed boreholes he built when he was and has always been eating from the people money and you see nothing wrong with it
The guy stressed that he built them borehole with his own money!!. if you have evidence that he built them with government money, then tender it. In anyways, they people have chosen someone else to represent them, those people should go ahead and sink boreholes for them.
Re: Uganda Ex-minister Destroys 10 Boreholes He Built After He Lost An Election by Malawian(m): 12:58pm On Aug 08, 2018
Over ten years now that he has been loosing elections in that area, water was still flowing jejely, so the people have come to see the water as their rights. Let them come and drink nah.
Re: Uganda Ex-minister Destroys 10 Boreholes He Built After He Lost An Election by Nobody: 1:03pm On Aug 08, 2018
Malawian:

The guy stressed that he built them borehole with his own money!!. if you have evidence that he built them with government money, then tender it. In anyways, they people have chosen someone else to represent them, those people should go ahead and sink boreholes for them.
did he not get paid as mp?
Re: Uganda Ex-minister Destroys 10 Boreholes He Built After He Lost An Election by Venici: 1:21pm On Aug 08, 2018
modelmike7:

Wetin u know?!
Lol! What do I know sef. Laffin' my assnal out grin grin grin
Re: Uganda Ex-minister Destroys 10 Boreholes He Built After He Lost An Election by galadima77(m): 2:56pm On Aug 08, 2018
modelmike7:
Just imagine his mentality!!

He is the same as Fayose that reverted back the #3,000 alert he paid to the civil servant on the eve of the election 2 days after he lost!

Shameless politicians! cheesy wink grin

did Fayose really do that? if indeed he reversed the 3k, then why go to court? Shameful!!
Re: Uganda Ex-minister Destroys 10 Boreholes He Built After He Lost An Election by maasoap(m): 3:36pm On Aug 08, 2018
Ugosample:

the guys you quoted are right

Africans are bleeped in the head (90%)

It is evident in our societies

Where else in this world do you hear the kind of atrocities that go on in Africa IN THE 21st century?

I know truth hurts, but that's the way it is

Africa is one giant $HITHOLE

If e pain you, do something to change it

This message better suit you. Don't you think so? Why? Because I didn't believe in their verdict but you did. Not only that, you're even trying to convince me, so it is up to you who is already convinced to do something to change it. You're probably deficient in logical thinking.
Re: Uganda Ex-minister Destroys 10 Boreholes He Built After He Lost An Election by Ugosample(m): 5:01pm On Aug 08, 2018
maasoap:

This message better suit you. Don't you think so? Why? Because I didn't believe in their verdict but you did. Not only that, you're even trying to convince me, so it is up to you who is already convinced to do something to change it. You're probably deficient in logical thinking.

aii
Re: Uganda Ex-minister Destroys 10 Boreholes He Built After He Lost An Election by Nobody: 9:59pm On Aug 21, 2018
Quoran:
The funny thing is that when this irresponsible citizen stands for election again, some folks will still vote for him!

I sent you a PM. Please reply.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Boris Johnson Discharged From Hospital / Arseny Yatsenyuk, Ukraine Pm Resigns / Former UK Prime Minister, David Cameron Becomes UK Foreign Secretary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.